Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:36:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SILENTARMY v5: Zcash miner, 115 sol/s on R9 Nano, 70 sol/s on GTX 1070  (Read 209263 times)
antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 07:11:40 PM

I feel pretty bad about dragging you guys along

There is no need to feel bad, you owe nothing to this 'community'. You have your btc address in your signature, I am really surprised if you get more than 0.01 gtx 1070 in donations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mrb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 08:37:58 PM

Hello all,

I am finally back online for good after my move. It's good timing that this coincides with learning that I won the $10k Zcash miner challenge prize, as it can justify to the wife that the time I spent working on it so far was worth it Smiley

I am now working on optimizations that will bring SA to the performance level of Claymore & Optiminer. In fact I spent a few hours on this already over the past week or so, but more work is needed.

zawawa: good luck with your fork! I hope you too can achieve good performance. We need more open source alternatives. (But please don't call your fork "SILENTARMY v6" as I am going to release that... it would confuse people.)
lexele

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 08:39:20 PM

Hello all,

I am finally back online for good after my move. It's good timing that this coincides with learning that I won the $10k Zcash miner challenge prize, as it can justify to the wife that the time I spent working on it so far was worth it Smiley

I am now working on optimizations that will bring SA to the performance level of Claymore & Optiminer. In fact I spent a few hours on this already over the past week or so, but more work is needed.

zawawa: good luck with your fork! I hope you too can achieve good performance. We need more open source alternatives. (But please don't call your fork "SILENTARMY v6" as I am going to release that.)

welcome back.
suggsy89

Activity: 142

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 09:00:07 PM

Hello all,

Congratulations! Well done Smiley Nice bonus for you!
malandante

Activity: 143

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 09:37:15 PM

Hello all,

zawawa: good luck with your fork! I hope you too can achieve good performance. We need more open source alternatives. (But please don't call your fork "SILENTARMY v6" as I am going to release that... it would confuse people.)

Congrats for the prize and for a succesful move. It's very good news that you're back to the scene. I wish I could code as well to contribute to the project but my professional skills are in the keyboard with 88 white and black keys. Have a nice coding!
zawawa

Activity: 728
Merit: 304

Miner Developer

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 10:57:09 PM

Hello all,

Congrats on the prize, and welcome back! I wish I could say the same thing about my wife as she is so pissed off already... As for my fork, I will probably use a different name, so you have nothing to worry about. I look forward to v6!

Gateless Gate Sharp, an open-source ETH/XMR miner: http://bit.ly/2rJ2x4V
BTC: 1BHwDWVerUTiKxhHPf2ubqKKiBMiKQGomZ
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 11:08:43 PM

congrats mrb !  Glad to see silentarmy back on the march
Wildbike13

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 03:27:46 PM

Hello all,

Congratulations MRB, and sure your wife thanks you;) ...

With regard to optimizations, is it possible to take a look at the part of Xeon Phi? I have one in operation but it is giving around 10 Sols and after 2 minutes it falls Sad

If you need to test I can give you ssh access to the server where I have the Phi card ...
cryptomined

Activity: 168
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2016, 05:12:50 PM

p.s. When I finish I'll probably go the closed-source route too.  While I don't expect to make thousands per day, I think with a 1-2% fee I could make a few hundred dollars per day as long as the ZEC price holds above $25.  You can talk "community" and sing kumbaya till you are blue in the face, but I expect closed-source miners will have the best performance for the next few months.  Claymore probably spends more than 40 hrs/wk on miner development, but he can be reasonably confident he'll get paid for his efforts.  While the $10K prize money may have been some incentive for Marc, now that the contest is over, the people working on open-source miners are primarily doing it out of fun.

yes go closed source if you get it going fast, tap on a 2% fee and give 1% to marc and every moral person with use your miner.

nerdralph

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 05:20:22 PM

p.s. When I finish I'll probably go the closed-source route too.  While I don't expect to make thousands per day, I think with a 1-2% fee I could make a few hundred dollars per day as long as the ZEC price holds above $25.  You can talk "community" and sing kumbaya till you are blue in the face, but I expect closed-source miners will have the best performance for the next few months.  Claymore probably spends more than 40 hrs/wk on miner development, but he can be reasonably confident he'll get paid for his efforts.  While the $10K prize money may have been some incentive for Marc, now that the contest is over, the people working on open-source miners are primarily doing it out of fun.

yes go closed source if you get it going fast, tap on a 2% fee and give 1% to marc and every moral person with use your miner.

Community involvement/contributions was a factor in the prize.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 05:36:37 AM

Hello all,

Kinda redundant to try to get to Claymore's levels on AMD - what is really needed is a NVidia-based ZEC miner that can match or better the performance of NiceHash's "eqm" without being tied to their service/pool.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 05:44:07 AM

Hello all,

Congratulations mrb!

Thank you for your work!
ghostfaceuk

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 01:46:30 PM

New Nvidia miner has been launched, claims to make: -
1070 @ 250
1080 @ 300

I cant check as only have AMD but thought there may be people in this thread that are interested
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2016, 01:54:53 PM

1070 @ 250
1080 @ 300

I cant check as only have AMD but thought there may be people in this thread that are interested

Where ?

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
ghostfaceuk

Activity: 410

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 01:55:38 PM

1070 @ 250
1080 @ 300

Where ?

Whoops sorry, forgot to include the link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1707546.0
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2016, 02:33:12 PM

1070 @ 250
1080 @ 300

Where ?

Whoops sorry, forgot to include the link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1707546.0

I see it, thanks

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
chronek

Activity: 273

BD People Are Legend

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 02:37:24 PM

.... This is a new power saving feature that dynamically regulates frame-rate based on in-game movement ...
...I'm sure it will work for mining Smiley . not just games . !!! ...

Sorry to disappoint you, it will work only on games (from definition of that power saving feature)

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      Supported by
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
John McAfee     
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
Saksham

Activity: 570
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 02:52:58 PM

Hy folks , this miner is only for Linux users? or I missing something?
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1897
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 04:57:57 PM

pls stop this AMD nonsanse no one care for some new magic driver for games, if it works for compute which is totaly different thing, there is proper topic, not here!!!!!!

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2093
Merit: 1396

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 08:05:33 PM

pls stop this AMD nonsanse no one care for some new magic driver for games, if it works for compute which is totaly different thing, there is proper topic, not here!!!!!!

Remeber that is leaked info no one knows for sure yet what it will do mining wise unless your a beta tester then your under  NDA Smiley.

SO whatever, seeing is believing, sorry you don't like AMD Or wasted to much cash on NV .

i need to let this go no mater what i say the AMD haters will try there best make AMD look bad . this is about using them to mine with the new drivers with this miner, so how is it not related .

i did say use the new driver to mine with and i wanted others to know about the drivers, i have seen drivers in the past do thing you probable wouldn't agree with,

so who cares i do and maybe some others .

It will definitely do nothing for mining, unless you want less hashrate Wink All it does it reduce clock rates/voltages based on the amount of workload the GPU needs to render a particular scene. Usually GPUs are working at 100% while in games, and you don't really need 200fps in a low detailed scene, so it will just dynamically reduce power/framerates based on how complex the rendering pipeline is.

Mining/compute operations by their nature work at 100% GPU load...there is no "magic" like what they are doing for the game scenario  to reduce power for mining, unless you either reduce the clock rate or voltage manually by yourself, in which case you will either reduce hashrate or increase instability.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: