Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:36:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition: Request Litecoin developers & Founder to give up on LTC  (Read 2798 times)
losh11

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:53:52 PM

I am a Litecoin Developer.

Thank you for your extremely thought out petition, bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc. I will now give up on Litecoin.
But still will work on it with zero faith because I can.
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc (OP)

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 10:28:54 PM

eyeyyeye
epitome

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 01:53:07 AM

Litecoin had a fair launch, its working and what is needed is to be used. That's for the people to decide.
The problem is people took bitcoin and flew with it but when it comes to litecoin it is not that easy to mine and so there are less fans for the coin and the developers were sleeping on it for a very long time,look at the new coins most of them are just getting the attention because of the hype and marketing and i hope things will change for litecoin in the future
legdunes

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 02:07:11 AM

Due to its age Litecoin really is the only true alt, it all the other coins that should be got rid of.

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 08:14:05 AM

Due to its age Litecoin really is the only true alt, it all the other coins that should be got rid of.

It's almost sub 0.005. Within 2 months, it will be 0.003. Mark my words. Coblee's project has failed, LOL
Ned Kelly

Activity: 170
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 09:20:59 AM

It's almost sub 0.005. Within 2 months, it will be 0.003. Mark my words. Coblee's project has failed, LOL

If you are so sure about it short it and earn some money.

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 09:50:53 AM

If you are so sure about it short it and earn some money.

I HAVE! Cheesy

I will be so rich next 2 months. This will dump to sub $3 EASILY.

Litecoin fags will cry and hate Cheesy .

Shorted $20k worth on OkCoin futures (20x leverage, so that's $400k worth of LTC short contracts Cheesy ).

I will make $200k easily with LTC Cheesy.

robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1205

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 06:19:58 PM

So disappointed this troll is taking up space on these boards

Probably "young"

I agree of all the scam coins here why pick up on Litecoin,every coin has advantage and disadvantages and litecoin is still  a works in progress.I think your effort is futile and will go nowhere.

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 08:05:31 PM

Holy crap, a mega crash has never been THIS close. Apocalpyse for litecoin is near, prepare yourselves, LTC bagholders!
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 08:24:26 PM

I would like to start a petition to make the Litecoin founders and supporters stop all Litecoin development immediately.
All Litecoin websites and social platforms should also be taken offline immediately.

The continued existence of the fake development of this lost coin, and the existence of inactive websites, gives noobs the impression that it's a serious alternative cryptocurrency with potential. However, the last 3 years have proven that it is not. It would therefore be a disgrace to trick noobs into investing money into a lost coin. Any fiat or BTC invested into litecoin is lost forever. The second you buy litecoin, you can only hope that you'll, at some point in the future (being 5 minutes after your investment or 3 years), to get back the exact same amount you invested in (or at least 10% of what you originally invested, as even a 90% loss is considered a good ROI when dealing with LTC).

If you agree with this request, please voice your support in this thread

Personally I think LTC is dead long term, but what does that matter? As long as there are miners willing to mine it, exchanges willing to list it and speculators [fools?] willing to buy it then it survives. This is the value of permissionless participation.

There a hundreds of other more worthless coins than LTC that are still alive - Maxcoin anyone?

Why would the founders of LTC give up any more likely than the founders of any other open source project? Because you make a petition? Maybe you should make PetitionCoin - it'd be a better use of your time.

CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 08:33:21 PM

And litecoin is more older than other altcoins if It is not failure coin, the price must become more expensive than other altcoins and there are no people who making investment in litecoin, if that is still like this litecoin will become really failure coin.
shyliar

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 08:49:05 PM

Great coin with good potential. OPs predictions continue to be wrong; but, at least offer some amusement from a dreary day. Here are some of the reasons I like Litecoin:

• Capable of four times as many transactions as Bitcoin in a ten minute period. Frankly if payment processors had adopted Litecoin in the past year current Bitcoin block discussions would be irrelevant (and likely the price of both coins higher). Anyone who has watched these discussions understands the immediate advantage of a network with larger transactional capability.  
  • Faster confirmation times. The only people who don't think this is important have never spent a single coin or they have patience that the average person does not possess.
  • The faster block time of litecoin reduces the risk of double spending attacks.
  • Anti-spam.
  • Fast well established network. Current Hashrate is 1,643 GH/s. Since scrypt is memory intensive it is known to be approximately 1000 times slower hardware wise in comparison to SHA256. Fair comparison to the Bitcoin network requires multiplying that hashrate by 1000 (1,643 TH/s). The fact is for most of Litecoins history the hashrate has been relatively high and secure. Those comparing it to the Bitcoin network without considering this 1k factor are either being disingenuous or just ignorant of the facts.
  • Continuous development look here at number of releases in past year: https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/releases
  • Upcoming new features and active development look here for whats happening in 2016:
    https://litecoinassociation.org/data/roadmap.pdf
  • Longevity. Many coins have temporarily eclipsed litecoin as they were marketed for the purpose of increasing the fiat accounts of a small group and emptying the accounts of new users. Unfortunately this has been detrimental to crypto-space in general.
  • Great community. Definitly helps when consensus is needed.
  • Fully supported by GoCoin a growing merchant payment processor used by thousands of merchants https://www.gocoin.com/ as well as other processors such as coinpayments, Asmoney, Alfacoins and Coinify
  • Liquidity. You can sell thousands and not crash the market. Maintains value. Look at the chart here indicating volume in the last 24 hours relative to other coins http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/litecoin/#markets in fact volume has remained high month after month for years.
  • The speed, liquidity and value of Litecoin is useful to traders seeking arbitrage opportunities between exchanges.
  • Now on GDAX soon to be on coinbase.
  • Upcoming release to include a on-chain adaptive block size scaling solution. This will substantially increase the transactional capacity of Litecoin.
  • Planned anonymity features for an upcoming release. https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/53c0v6/confidential_transaction_for_litecoin/
  • Fair release. In a crypto world of premined and ICO releases many appreciate this fact. The code was released well before the Genesis block was mined and everyone knew when it would be going live; therefore, individuals could anticipate and get their miners and software ready.
  • It's primary function is to be a cryptocurrency.
  • Still mineable in many western countries even after electrical costs are factored in. Here in Canada my Titans still make a profit long after shutting my Neptunes down.
  • It will always maintain the integrity of the blockchain (no hard forks for special interests).
  • Security.

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 07:48:35 AM

Great coin with good potential. OPs predictions continue to be wrong; but, at least offer some amusement from a dreary day. Here are some of the reasons I like Litecoin:

• Capable of four times as many transactions as Bitcoin in a ten minute period. Frankly if payment processors had adopted Litecoin in the past year current Bitcoin block discussions would be irrelevant (and likely the price of both coins higher). Anyone who has watched these discussions understands the immediate advantage of a network with larger transactional capability.  
  • Faster confirmation times. The only people who don't think this is important have never spent a single coin or they have patience that the average person does not possess.
  • The faster block time of litecoin reduces the risk of double spending attacks.
  • Anti-spam.
  • Fast well established network. Current Hashrate is 1,643 GH/s. Since scrypt is memory intensive it is known to be approximately 1000 times slower hardware wise in comparison to SHA256. Fair comparison to the Bitcoin network requires multiplying that hashrate by 1000 (1,643 TH/s). The fact is for most of Litecoins history the hashrate has been relatively high and secure. Those comparing it to the Bitcoin network without considering this 1k factor are either being disingenuous or just ignorant of the facts.
  • Continuous development look here at number of releases in past year: https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/releases
  • Upcoming new features and active development look here for whats happening in 2016:
    https://litecoinassociation.org/data/roadmap.pdf
  • Longevity. Many coins have temporarily eclipsed litecoin as they were marketed for the purpose of increasing the fiat accounts of a small group and emptying the accounts of new users. Unfortunately this has been detrimental to crypto-space in general.
  • Great community. Definitly helps when consensus is needed.
  • Fully supported by GoCoin a growing merchant payment processor used by thousands of merchants https://www.gocoin.com/ as well as other processors such as coinpayments, Asmoney, Alfacoins and Coinify
  • Liquidity. You can sell thousands and not crash the market. Maintains value. Look at the chart here indicating volume in the last 24 hours relative to other coins http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/litecoin/#markets in fact volume has remained high month after month for years.
  • The speed, liquidity and value of Litecoin is useful to traders seeking arbitrage opportunities between exchanges.
  • Now on GDAX soon to be on coinbase.
  • Upcoming release to include a on-chain adaptive block size scaling solution. This will substantially increase the transactional capacity of Litecoin.
  • Planned anonymity features for an upcoming release. https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/53c0v6/confidential_transaction_for_litecoin/
  • Fair release. In a crypto world of premined and ICO releases many appreciate this fact. The code was released well before the Genesis block was mined and everyone knew when it would be going live; therefore, individuals could anticipate and get their miners and software ready.
  • It's primary function is to be a cryptocurrency.
  • Still mineable in many western countries even after electrical costs are factored in. Here in Canada my Titans still make a profit long after shutting my Neptunes down.
  • It will always maintain the integrity of the blockchain (no hard forks for special interests).
  • Security.

That useless shitty list again. How has those features helped litecoin price?

Youre in denial. LTC recently break 3 year low BTC ratio, and continues to decline. LOL.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 08:37:04 AM

What does price have to do with it ?
Seems you all care far too much about CURRENT prices and like to post topics speculating on it.
If you spent as much time at Bitcointalk posting market price rabble as you did working on Adoption LTC may be already taking over the world.

You all spend your time bitching about it but since it launched YOU all failed to hold up your end of the bargain.. ADOPTION.
Not trading for profits Investards.

If it's a failure then look in the mirror.

You all need to really look hard at the concept of "coin price"
Because you all REALLY don't get it and have no clue what you are doing here..
and hence will end up burned like fools.

Me ?
I'd see the early price of a coin i deem as world changing as 101% irrelevant.
Hell i wouldn't care or probably even look !

Then, we have ALL OF YOU ..who are the opposite and ONLY stare at the shitcoin centralized corrupt exchange prices.

Isn't it about what YOU think Investards not trying to follow the crowd like a fucking little brain dead half-wit ?

Yup, you ARE feeling embarrassed after reading this because YOU know you are one of "them"
And you also KNOW Spoetnik is smarter than every two bit blow-hard douche in Crypto combined.

I've tried to help you all but you are a lost cause..

FUD first & ask questions later™
mummybtc

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 10:12:07 AM

My issue with Litecoin is that it has relied on the glory of Bitcoin for a long time and now the lanscape has changed because there are so many Altcoins to compete with, it is very disappointing that failed to fly, see Dash for example there is something unique the team offers that differentiate the project but there is nothing Litecoin is known for.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 10:18:13 AM

My issue with Litecoin is that it has relied on the glory of Bitcoin for a long time and now the lanscape has changed because there are so many Altcoins to compete with, it is very disappointing that failed to fly, see Dash for example there is something unique the team offers that differentiate the project but there is nothing Litecoin is known for.

Dash? You are comparing Dash with Litecoin? Please tell me you are joking... Dash was and is manipulated market from its start.

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 03:48:15 PM

When Bitcoin dumps later this week (and it will dump hard, mark my words. Perfect recipe for MEGA DUMP brewing. Repeat of late July this year, LOL!), Litecoin will be SO SLAUGHTERED.

Haha, place your shorts if you are smart!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 05:21:19 PM

When Bitcoin dumps later this week (and it will dump hard, mark my words. Perfect recipe for MEGA DUMP brewing. Repeat of late July this year, LOL!), Litecoin will be SO SLAUGHTERED.

Haha, place your shorts if you are smart!

If the BTC mega dump actually takes place this week then perhaps your crystal ball is worth paying some attention too.
Lets wait and see.

Can you list the ingredients and ratios/timing of this recipe?

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 05:35:27 PM

LTC "relied" ? orly ?

Or did they make a coin then you all picked up on it then stared back at the dev expecting them to wave the magical adoption wand ?

Nothing changed because you all did nothing.
And guess what my little Crypto geniuses.. you did it again 7,000 times.. 1 ANN topic at a time.

Once again you blame each and every one for these projects and not yourselves.
Believe it or not there is a HUMAN part to the currency equation..
and get this kidiots.. hold on to your shitcoin bags 'cause this one will be a doozy !

It's not about trading on centralized government controlled exchanges for profits.

I know right ?

MIND = FUCKING BLOWN !

I LOL at the rank vulgar obscene cocky little dipshit fucktardery we see here year in and year out 24/7

Go check your ROI and scratch your head wondering why there is no adoption Investards.

derpty fucking derpty derp where is ma penny stocks and ma roi's smart contract ico investor whoitepaper chain market cap foundation profits at yo ?

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 08:34:40 PM

Hehehe litecoin is so fucked lol  Tongue
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: