Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:41:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 225 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔶 YOLOdice.com 🔶 suspended on 16st Mar 2021  (Read 143291 times)
ethan_nx (OP)

Activity: 745
Merit: 471

Admin at YOLOdice.com - fast, fair, play/invest.

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 11:11:32 AM

This used to happen in the beginning when the site was launched and now again the same problem , the site stucks . I thought it was my net connection but when I tried to open other sites at the same time it works .

Hi,

I have pushed new code to the server which solves at least one class of connectivity issues. Your problem might be solved. If not - we will look deeper.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ethan_nx (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 01:04:08 PM

UPDATE: the site now shows real bankroll (real on-site funds) by default, and not effective bankroll. Effective bankroll is used only to calculate max profit per bet. Detailed breakdown of the bankroll is available at https://yolodice.com/#stats/investor

Thanks for the feedback about the bankroll! I agree that showing the effective bankroll instead of the real bankroll was a poor idea and caused confusion. Thanks again for pointing this out!

absy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 01:26:09 PM

This used to happen in the beginning when the site was launched and now again the same problem , the site stucks . I thought it was my net connection but when I tried to open other sites at the same time it works .

Hi,

I have pushed new code to the server which solves at least one class of connectivity issues. Your problem might be solved. If not - we will look deeper.
Thanks for solving this early . Now I have no issues and its loading fast Smiley

Also I think it would be good to display both Bankroll with margin ( Kelly ) and without margin . What is the use of displaying Real BR? It doesn't help in anyway to calculate the max profit .

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BillyBurns

Activity: 429
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 01:45:01 PM

Hi Ethan I would like make a account but I don't want to link it to a address I can sign, anyway to bypass this? (Someone in chat said you might be able too)

*Image Removed*
ethan_nx (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 02:49:54 PM

Hi,

Thanks for solving this early . Now I have no issues and its loading fast Smiley

Also I think it would be good to display both Bankroll with margin ( Kelly ) and without margin . What is the use of displaying Real BR? It doesn't help in anyway to calculate the max profit .

I am glad it helped!

Max profit is stated in the Play tab when you click "Show more stats". Maybe it should be more visible though and not hidden like it is now.

Anyway, I am open to suggestions and ideas!

ethan_nx (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 02:53:17 PM

Hi Ethan I would like make a account but I don't want to link it to a address I can sign, anyway to bypass this? (Someone in chat said you might be able too)

No, it's not possible now. Just enter any of your BTC addresses from your wallet and set up login&password immediately after that. Addresses are not publicly visible. Just make sure the address you put is yours.

ethan_nx (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2016, 04:30:32 PM

Just a quick update - we have implemented a "split-chat" so that our players can chat AND so other things (like play or browse our site) at the same time. Keep the chat open - and you'll never miss another rain :-)

New features are coming soon, stay tuned!

Cheers and all best in 2017!
Ethan

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 12:36:08 AM

What is the use of displaying Real BR? It doesn't help in anyway to calculate the max profit .

Knowing the real bankroll lets you know how much you can win. It tells you how much is actually in the bankroll. The effective bankroll isn't a very useful number, since it doesn't represent real coins. You can use it to calculate the maximum profit per bet, but the maximum profit per bet is already displayed so why bother?

Just enter any of your BTC addresses from your wallet and set up login&password immediately after that. Addresses are not publicly visible. Just make sure the address you put is yours.

It doesn't need to be an address you have ever used or will ever use. Just make up a new random private key and use that.

You can create a new private key using bitaddress.org, and can sign messages using that private key by using Bitcoin Core's new "signmessagewithprivkey" function.

1. go to bitaddress.org
2. wiggle the mouse until you see an address and private key - I got 1DNf7jyzMFBEtj6FbGVgdUBrMtsu6LNRJw and KyGJpNvDphQMzp561pybpegF1hZ1c8nMi2VjytrAaCtMpkGbzMf6
3. give the address to yolodice.com, keep a copy of the private key
4. when you need to sign a message, use bitcoin core:

Code:
$ bitcoind -noconnect
$ bitcoin-cli signmessagewithprivkey KyGJpNvDphQMzp561pybpegF1hZ1c8nMi2VjytrAaCtMpkGbzMf6 "message goes here"
IP5pmOPIsBtHKk96/zB3S+XQ2m/7sRrMiHaiIiS/SecTYbvA32zGFi/4KrntGW0RWFQdToqCB8hi+4hVk6WclaQ=

You don't need a copy of the blockchain - the -noconnect option will prevent it from trying to sync the blockchain.

Please note that I do not vouch for yolodice.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BillyBurns

Activity: 429
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 11:46:34 AM

split chat is nice feature whats next on the horizon?

*Image Removed*
ethan_nx (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 09:39:28 PM

Dooglus, thanks for your comment! Insightful as always!

BillyBurns, I am now working on some chat-related improvements: PMs and possibly chat channels. They seemed needed at some point since there were a lot of Russian players.

Later - withdrawals to custom addresses (not only the Master Address), better account history that include tips.

If you have an idea - please share it. I am working mostly on what our users suggest and these above were the most frequently mentioned features.

Other than that, we need more players (to stabilize the variance in site profit) and investors. We'll be working on it too. Any (non-standard) ideas are highly appreciated!

Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 09:19:31 PM

Dooglus, thanks for your comment! Insightful as always!

BillyBurns, I am now working on some chat-related improvements: PMs and possibly chat channels. They seemed needed at some point since there were a lot of Russian players.

Later - withdrawals to custom addresses (not only the Master Address), better account history that include tips.

If you have an idea - please share it. I am working mostly on what our users suggest and these above were the most frequently mentioned features.

Other than that, we need more players (to stabilize the variance in site profit) and investors. We'll be working on it too. Any (non-standard) ideas are highly appreciated!
For gettng more players you will require to advertise your site and for that there are two ways on this forum one is to advertise with theyos and the other way is to start a suignature campaign so that all the members of this forum start taking interest in your site.
ethan_nx (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 09:36:22 PM

For gettng more players you will require to advertise your site and for that there are two ways on this forum one is to advertise with theyos and the other way is to start a suignature campaign so that all the members of this forum start taking interest in your site.

Thanks, indeed we are preparing for a signature campaign now. Probably paid advertizing campaigns too - to get the site some more initial boost.

Cheers,
Ethan

ethan_nx (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 10:15:21 AM

We keep working hard. Yesterday Chat got a few nice features: channels and private messages.

Here is a short summary:

/pm 89 - starts a private chat with user of id 89
/join ru - joins the #ru channel
/channels - lists active channels

Other than that we start working on other features, including:
- withdrawals to any address (not only the Master Address) - most votes so far
- account history that include tips (tips are not yet in the list of operations)
- minor UI improvements

Any ideas are highly welcome. Join us in our chat:

BetKing.io
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 12:57:41 PM

Was just adding 2fa to account there and got invalid code. It had changed a few milliseconds before I clicked submit.

Would it be a better idea to check the time settings up to a minute before so that that doesn't happen? Shouldn't really compromise security but less hassle for players.
BoXXoB
Legendary

Activity: 2018
Merit: 1108

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:12:53 PM

Was just adding 2fa to account there and got invalid code. It had changed a few milliseconds before I clicked submit.

Would it be a better idea to check the time settings up to a minute before so that that doesn't happen? Shouldn't really compromise security but less hassle for players.

I might have had a problem like this yesterday. Thought I double checked the code and still got invalid code error. Might be something for Ethan to take a look at for sure!

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎
⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎
⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎
████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██
██████████████████
████████████████████
████████████
|
 UNIQUE 
GAMES
|
 NO 
KYC
|
 WITHDRAW 
IN MINUTES
|
░█▀███████
█▀▀█░░░█████████▀▀█
██░█▄█████████
████████▀█▀█▀██
███████▀▀░▀██
▀▄█████▀█░█▀▄▀
████████
██████
████
████
████
▄▄████████▄▄
██████████████
ethan_nx (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 02:35:28 PM

There already is 30s tolerance for 2FA, I can increase it to 60s to make sure device time skew does not ruin the setup. Other than that, I am not sure which part of the system to blame. I will be deploying new code within minutes, so please try again in a while if you haven't been able to set it up.

BoXXoB - I can see you already have 2FA set up, I am glad it worked!

ethan_nx (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 03:59:50 PM

Withdrawing to custom addresses is now possible

I have just fixed one of the most criticized "features" of YD. So far our users could only withdraw to one single address called "master address". Our initial intention was to make sure people do not lose their coins by withdrawing to addresses they "accidentally just thrown away". I guess limiting withdrawals to a single address was not a solution and many users felt this limitation is not really a feature, but a... limitation indeed.

From now on you can put any withdrawal address in the withdrawal popup. You can also protect withdrawing by 2FA (withdrawing to master address, any non-ma address or both).

A bit better account completion process

Many users were confused by the account set up - you had to enter the 'master address', but what they were really looking for was "how to set up login & password". I made the process a bit more clear. You still need to provide the master address, but it's more clear now the next thing you could do is login and password.

Other improvements

Other fixes include: faster app startup, corrections in FAQ and minor server-side fixes.

Cheers,
Ethan

BetKing.io
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2017, 12:42:16 AM

OK well I've put 10 in the bankroll.
Good luck Smiley
ethan_nx (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2017, 10:50:32 AM

OK well I've put 10 in the bankroll.
Good luck Smiley

Thanks!

Vikingr

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 09:28:27 PM

Thanks, indeed we are preparing for a signature campaign now. Probably paid advertizing campaigns too - to get the site some more initial boost.

Cheers,
Ethan
That is a good idea to give a full boost to your site. Starting a signature campaign is nowadays a best way to advertise in this forum to get the traffic faster the example is already available on this forum who are now the well established sites because of their signature campaign.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 225 »
  Print  

Jump to: