Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:31:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us  (Read 424133 times)
kslavik

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 04:28:22 PM

I have the new EU server ready to go, but I'm not going to switch it over tonight because I'm about to go to sleep, and bad things seem to happen when I change things before going to sleep.  Also, the current server seems to be doing much better @64 share diff, so it should be fine until tomorrow.

If you want to test out the new EU pool you can try pool2.eu.multipool.in.  It's in Amsterdam rather than Ireland (different provider).

Can I put a vote in for leaving the share diff at 64?  I for one would love a much higher diff but its at least a step in the right direction for me.  With 6 MH with diff at 256-600 I see much less stales on my rigs.  Almost 3-5% less depending on the coin I am presently mining.

Please keep in mind that difficulty doesn't change stales. It may appear that you have less, but those stales worth more. Stales exist because there is a short period of time after the new block is found on the network and your miner learns about this new block, so inside this period of time your workers are doing useless job because they are working with an old prev block data of the blockchain. Even if you find a new block during this timeframe, this block would orphaned. Even if you miner doesn't find any shares (of any difficulty) during this timeframe, some work is still wasted.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

skyhigh2004

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 04:35:30 PM

I have the new EU server ready to go, but I'm not going to switch it over tonight because I'm about to go to sleep, and bad things seem to happen when I change things before going to sleep.  Also, the current server seems to be doing much better @64 share diff, so it should be fine until tomorrow.

If you want to test out the new EU pool you can try pool2.eu.multipool.in.  It's in Amsterdam rather than Ireland (different provider).

Can I put a vote in for leaving the share diff at 64?  I for one would love a much higher diff but its at least a step in the right direction for me.  With 6 MH with diff at 256-600 I see much less stales on my rigs.  Almost 3-5% less depending on the coin I am presently mining.

Please keep in mind that difficulty doesn't change stales. It may appear that you have less, but those stales worth more. Stales exist because there is a short period of time after the new block is found on the network and your miner learns about this new block, so inside this period of time your workers are doing useless job because they are working with an old prev block data of the blockchain. Even if you find a new block during this timeframe, this block would orphaned. Even if you miner doesn't find any shares (of any difficulty) during this timeframe, some work is still wasted.

I have heard this argument a ton of times but in practice it doesn't hold up.  If I run on the same pool that has user selectable diff (WML) and run for a day on 32 diff and a day on 256 I end up with 1-2% less stales on that given pool.  If all shares are the diff you set how is that percentage of stales worth more or less? Its a percent of your total work.  If the percentage is lower, the actually amount is lower as well.

BTC:157BZV5z5dEdEoE5KSr5D7CQGXamLpsZ7n  LTC:LYCf5PnQpXCCmpR4ka3mR8DFDe5hKhTdfc
MEC:MAgTT8QdhVCkgHTkUoKvs4w1TQvv3NU99v  DGC:D8Ubh9oYTpSe1HEBptY8wf6ZrPpj7bhkV5
FTC:6hb1VsGzkej4kSsssGA4FMnkCoVp7PLi8D  PXC:PqQwQKJoYxGSVrKtVfDa5aaJVL9Yevhb2b
flound1129 (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:13:21 PM

connected on the US multiport.

It should be mining dgc (2.13 profitiability), however i'm mining ARG (1.83 profitability)

Is something wrong ? Smiley

It looks like we were on ARG for around 45 minutes, maybe you just caught it at the tail end and it was about to switch.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
kslavik

Activity: 441

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:25:04 PM

I have heard this argument a ton of times but in practice it doesn't hold up.  If I run on the same pool that has user selectable diff (WML) and run for a day on 32 diff and a day on 256 I end up with 1-2% less stales on that given pool.  If all shares are the diff you set how is that percentage of stales worth more or less? Its a percent of your total work.  If the percentage is lower, the actually amount is lower as well.

There could be more than double of probability of you submitting diff N share than submitting difficulty 2xN share during the stale time.  I'm talking about network and processing delays (if your miner for example keeps shares for couple of seconds before submitting them, this amount of time would be the same for any difficulty shares and not proportional as difficulty is). But it doesn't mean that the amount of work wasted is not the same for any difficulty, even if you see different ratios of stales.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

digitalfog

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:28:47 PM

Very nice pool!  Do you have plans to add a "stalled worker" notification?  I miss that greatly.

skyhigh2004

Activity: 201

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:46:39 PM

There could be more than double of probability of you submitting diff N share than submitting difficulty 2xN share during the stale time.  I'm talking about network and processing delays (if your miner for example keeps shares for couple of seconds before submitting them, this amount of time would be the same for any difficulty shares and not proportional as difficulty is). But it doesn't mean that the amount of work wasted is not the same for any difficulty, even if you see different ratios of stales.

So your trying to tell me that a percentage isn't dynamically scaled to the actual amounts that they represent?  I understand what your saying but I still get paid more when I have more accepted and less rejected shares over a 24 hour period of time regardless of diff.  So what your saying still doesn't mean anything when it applies to what you will actually make in real world practice.  I'm done arguing with you about it.  You can think what you want and I will as well.  I just know that I can produce more coins of any block chain with a higher share diff which leads me to less stales/rejects.

BTC:157BZV5z5dEdEoE5KSr5D7CQGXamLpsZ7n  LTC:LYCf5PnQpXCCmpR4ka3mR8DFDe5hKhTdfc
MEC:MAgTT8QdhVCkgHTkUoKvs4w1TQvv3NU99v  DGC:D8Ubh9oYTpSe1HEBptY8wf6ZrPpj7bhkV5
FTC:6hb1VsGzkej4kSsssGA4FMnkCoVp7PLi8D  PXC:PqQwQKJoYxGSVrKtVfDa5aaJVL9Yevhb2b
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:11:02 PM

There seems to be a problem, yes. Clicking Cash Out simply reloads the page. No error message, nothing happens.

I had that problem before I realized, you need to put the address in and click save first.  Then press cashout after page reloads.

My payment address is saved and locked.

We've spent a lot of time on NVC lately. The pool only requires 80 confirmations, while a generated NVC block requires 520 to mature. My money is on empty hot wallet.

You are correct, this is the issue.

I am sending more NVC to the hot wallet now.

I just sent the last 40 NVC from the pool reserves to the hot wallet.  Once people withdraw these, we will have to wait until some blocks are confirmed for more.

Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 08:29:19 PM

There seems to be a problem, yes. Clicking Cash Out simply reloads the page. No error message, nothing happens.

I had that problem before I realized, you need to put the address in and click save first.  Then press cashout after page reloads.

We've spent a lot of time on NVC lately. The pool only requires 80 confirmations, while a generated NVC block requires 520 to mature. My money is on empty hot wallet.

I just sent the last 40 NVC from the pool reserves to the hot wallet.  Once people withdraw these, we will have to wait until some blocks are confirmed for more.

Flound I am a recent supporter/contributor to your pool.  I don't think you should be divulging these "secrets" about how much NVC you have...I mean this doesn't make me entirely confident in the pool knowing it's almost out of funds (temporarily even).

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 08:43:41 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2013, 09:14:39 PM by flound1129

I had that problem before I realized, you need to put the address in and click save first.  Then press cashout after page reloads.

I just sent the last 40 NVC from the pool reserves to the hot wallet.  Once people withdraw these, we will have to wait until some blocks are confirmed for more.

Flound I am a recent supporter/contributor to your pool.  I don't think you should be divulging these "secrets" about how much NVC you have...I mean this doesn't make me entirely confident in the pool knowing it's almost out of funds (temporarily even).

I think you're misunderstanding, the only reason this is the case is because we found so many NVC blocks yesterday and today, and they are being paid out at 80 confirms rather than 520 (NVC requires 520 to fully confirm a block, like PPC.)

This allows the pool users to get their NVC sooner than they normally would have.  It's essentially a loan from the pool's reserves until the blocks are actually confirmed and paid back into the wallet.

It's not a sign of unhealthy finances at all (unless you consider earlier payouts a bad thing, I guess).  All NVC that had been mined before the past few days was safe in the cold wallet until it was needed for withdrawals today.  I could make everyone wait 3 days (520 confirmations) to get the NVC from the blocks mined yesterday and today, but I'd rather not do that.

Also I don't really consider it a secret; the money belongs to the miners, not to me.

Loktera

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 08:47:12 PM

I managed to forget my password, and the reset doesn't seem to be sending anything. Not sure if it's my email provider or multipool - has anybody reset their password lately?
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 08:47:31 PM

I managed to forget my password, and the reset doesn't seem to be sending anything. Not sure if it's my email provider or multipool - has anybody reset their password lately?

You're entering your username, right?

Loktera

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 08:58:46 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2013, 09:16:14 PM by Loktera

You're entering your username, right?
Yep. Gives me a notification that it was sent to the proper email address, but for some reason I'm not receiving it. I think there's just something wrong with outlook right now.

Edit: Looks like I finally received the reset email, problem solved.
Vampire_sumy

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 12:49:22 AM

May be the time of bottlecaps is coming ? Smiley Last 7 days profitability is high enough. Just think about it.
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:13:20 AM

When will multipool add additional popular and highly profitable coins?
GSnak

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:19:57 AM

When volume on the exchange justifies it. Also, you don't go by profitability, you go by profitability adjusted for stales.
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 03:27:10 AM

Adding CAP tonight or tomorrow.

This is the last scrypt coin I will be adding until after PPC and the SHA-256 multiport are set up.

Torn

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

Free Dog to good home

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 03:27:26 AM

How many do you need? Can only mine one at a time.

Will not trade sex for coins regardless of rumors! You may still attempt if you want.
Aurum

Activity: 453

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 03:29:46 AM

I woke up from my nap and MEC was gone. I must've only dreamed that I'd been mining it all night 'n day at 3x.
Wait, no, there's tons of coins in my wallet.
Where did MEC go?

ghghghfgh
Aurum

Activity: 453

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 03:31:23 AM

Adding CAP tonight or tomorrow.

This is the last scrypt coin I will be adding until after PPC and the SHA-256 multiport are set up.

"...PPC and the SHA-256 multiport are set up."
I love you man  Grin

ghghghfgh
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 03:34:07 AM

I woke up from my nap and MEC was gone. I must've only dreamed that I'd been mining it all night 'n day at 3x.
Wait, no, there's tons of coins in my wallet.
Where did MEC go?

Ummmm, it's still there bro you sure it was a nap? Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: