Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:56:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us  (Read 424099 times)
Torn

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

Free Dog to good home

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 05:05:29 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2013, 05:26:03 PM by Torn

Cash Out isn't working for me. I'm new to the pool and figured I could just paste an address and click "Cash Out" -- am I doing something wrong?
Glad you found out Smiley

Be well.
T.

Flound.. when you have time could you possibly fix the main 2 coin charts at the top of page to be in same order. Maybe just put in alphabetical order. No big deal but it would be better if they at least matched coins in order.. same as each other.

Thanks!

Will not trade sex for coins regardless of rumors! You may still attempt if you want.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Behemot

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 06:20:46 PM

Man you just can't do that like this. You switch to LTC, the server gets overloaded like hell and it stops responding. It's totaly dead for my miner clients, not responding in minute… Huh

nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 06:44:33 PM

We mined on LTC for a little while, and nothing has appeared in my account...
flound1129 (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 07:18:49 PM

Man you just can't do that like this. You switch to LTC, the server gets overloaded like hell and it stops responding. It's totaly dead for my miner clients, not responding in minute… Huh

Can you send or post timestamped logs please?  We haven't been on LTC for a few hours.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 07:28:22 PM

Cash Out isn't working for me. I'm new to the pool and figured I could just paste an address and click "Cash Out" -- am I doing something wrong?
Glad you found out Smiley

Be well.
T.

Flound.. when you have time could you possibly fix the main 2 coin charts at the top of page to be in same order. Maybe just put in alphabetical order. No big deal but it would be better if they at least matched coins in order.. same as each other.

Thanks!

Yeah I was in the middle of doing this the other day when I got distracted..

Torn

Free Dog to good home

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 07:52:15 PM

To all Multipool miners.. I would like to ask/challenge all of you for the rest of the month to turn on Donations 5% to help Flound as he is doing loads of work for us. I see most of the Multi-Mh/s miners are donating 0% atm and that is their prerogative no doubt, I just think it would be nice to show our appreciation. We all have an idea of the effort involved and the BS he put's up with from so many.

Thanks for considering. (and no I am in no way connected to or paid by MP.. just a miner in the mines)
T.

Will not trade sex for coins regardless of rumors! You may still attempt if you want.
nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 07:58:09 PM

To all Multipool miners.. I would like to ask/challenge all of you for the rest of the month to turn on Donations 5% to help Flound as he is doing loads of work for us. I see most of the Multi-Mh/s miners are donating 0% atm and that is their prerogative no doubt, I just think it would be nice to show our appreciation. We all have an idea of the effort involved and the BS he put's up with from so many.

Thanks for considering. (and no I am in no way connected to or paid by MP.. just a miner in the mines)
T.

Just joined the pool this morning (hence all of my annoying questions) and am excited about the concept but still trying it out. If I find that this is significantly more profitable than just parking my machines on litecoinpool.org or somewhere else, I'll be more than happy to kick the donation % up a few notches.

Can someone answer -- I saw we were mining for a while on LTC earlier today but nothing appeared in my LTC balance, is there sometimes a delay on this?
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 10:24:00 PM

I'm preparing a page that shows your earnings over the past 24h on all coins and gives the current value in BTC.

This page should put to rest questions about profitability.  I hope to have the new page complete by tonight.

dolphin101

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 10:35:01 PM

Can someone answer -- I saw we were mining for a while on LTC earlier today but nothing appeared in my LTC balance, is there sometimes a delay on this?

We last got lucky with a block of LTC over 11 hours ago.. so no earnings since then. But it'll come.. See the "Pool Stats" link.
Torn

Free Dog to good home

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 10:56:51 PM

Just joined the pool this morning (hence all of my annoying questions) and am excited about the concept but still trying it out. If I find that this is significantly more profitable than just parking my machines on litecoinpool.org or somewhere else, I'll be more than happy to kick the donation % up a few notches.

Welcome to the pool Nightengale. Not referring to new users when I ask above. We do have many quite-big miners that could afford it I think. Smiley

As to LTC.. trust me when I say patience is a hard virtue to learn with it. Sometimes you can get several payouts in a time period or we may go days with none. Since it is usually the second most valuable coin there is (as silver -to- gold kind of) it can take awhile to mine. Have no fear, they do trickle in even for s/lowly miners.

Be well.
T.

Evolutionary

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 12:15:24 AM

The concept of this pool sounds great, but since a good portion of the pool appears to not be using the auto feature, wouldn't the use of PPLNS cause miners to lose money since they are bouncing around from coin to coin?  It seems like this would be much better implemented using PPS.

Let me give you an example of the bouncing effect.

ARG network hash rate  was a low 10kH/s, at block 54,501,  so the difficulty dropped, as it does every 250 blocks, this time from 0.85 to 0.2 this made ARG jump up to just over 600% profitability, which made multipool.in hop and suddenly add over 320kH/s to the hash rate,  an increase of 3,000% plus whatever other pool hoppers elsewhere did. Since the next 250 ARG blocks were found in minutes, the difficulty jumped back up to 0.85, multipool pool bounced again, leaving ARG with a network hash rate of around 17kH/s currently, and a block time of many minutes instead of the 32sec the coins difficulty target is designed for. This is not fair on the supporters of ARG.

My suggestion is either let the miners keep some hashing power on ARG by opening up the direct port again,  or take it out of the multipool rotation. multpooli.in represents  >51% of the ARG nethash when the miners are pointed to it.

Good.  I hope my joining Multipool with my ~1.7Megahash helps kill these shitcoins off.
gnarl

Activity: 105

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 01:59:30 AM

Good.  I hope my joining Multipool with my ~1.7Megahash helps kill these shitcoins off.
[/quote]

What doesn't kill them might make them stronger  Shocked
Behemot

Activity: 152

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 02:33:02 AM

Can you send or post timestamped logs please?  We haven't been on LTC for a few hours.

Unfortunatelly not, I don't log, but at the time I've wrote that post, web still showed pool mining LTC and my clients were on Pool-X as backup.

Anyway, Dedicated Miner No. 1 coming online, I'll finally be on full hash rate Wink

flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 04:22:47 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2013, 04:40:04 AM by flound1129

Some new changes are now live - the "My Stats" page (https://www.multipool.in/my_stats.php) now displays the most recent 10 payouts for each currency.  Also, linked from the top left menu as "Profit Snapshot" (https://www.multipool.in/userpayout.php) and also from the bottom of the payout summary on the My Stats page will show all of your rewards from the previous 24 hours, as well as a real-time estimate of what those rewards are worth in BTC.

endrju1

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:22:33 AM

Does anyone have a problem with digging LTC on multiport?
Other currencies are working properly and the calculation is correct, but the LTC will charge me about 10% of what they should or even less.
kurdun

Activity: 356

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 11:24:52 AM

In stat any coins still as unconfirmed. Clear it or confirm.
dolphin101

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 11:49:16 AM

Some new changes are now live - the "My Stats" page (https://www.multipool.in/my_stats.php) now displays the most recent 10 payouts for each currency.  Also, linked from the top left menu as "Profit Snapshot" (https://www.multipool.in/userpayout.php) and also from the bottom of the payout summary on the My Stats page will show all of your rewards from the previous 24 hours, as well as a real-time estimate of what those rewards are worth in BTC.

I like it!

I have some other thoughts for consideration of making it onto your to-do list. I realise none of this is essential - will just add more to your workload - but I figured may as well jot down what I was thinking..

For the two tables on the top left and right - I think it would be nice to have clickable sorting options on the column headers - to change the order to your preference (e.g. alphabetically, or in order of profitability). 

Also, instead of having a pointer to the coin that the Multi Port it currently mining, what about just highlighting the relevant row? And if necessary, you could add a note / explanation below the tables, or in the space between them below the "Currently Mining" box. And you could then use that space again on the right-hand table to rather list the static mining port numbers for each.

And on the My Stats page for the newly added list of payouts, could we get the relevant timestamp for when each block was mined?

Then the new Profit Snapshot is really great. I think that could warrant some further historical graphing.. showing profitability history/ trend. That page could be a separate tab on its own, e.g. "My Profitability" next to "My Stats".. with a historic graph below the 24 hour snapshot table. You'd have to put a stake in the ground for the time of day at which each point is plotted on the graph, but it could be great to see. And that leads to thoughts about a comparison / ratio vs the pool as a whole, and/or between individual coins..

ok, ok. Enough already!
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 02:41:42 PM

Some new changes are now live - the "My Stats" page (https://www.multipool.in/my_stats.php) now displays the most recent 10 payouts for each currency.  Also, linked from the top left menu as "Profit Snapshot" (https://www.multipool.in/userpayout.php) and also from the bottom of the payout summary on the My Stats page will show all of your rewards from the previous 24 hours, as well as a real-time estimate of what those rewards are worth in BTC.

I like it!

I have some other thoughts for consideration of making it onto your to-do list. I realise none of this is essential - will just add more to your workload - but I figured may as well jot down what I was thinking..

For the two tables on the top left and right - I think it would be nice to have clickable sorting options on the column headers - to change the order to your preference (e.g. alphabetically, or in order of profitability). 

Also, instead of having a pointer to the coin that the Multi Port it currently mining, what about just highlighting the relevant row? And if necessary, you could add a note / explanation below the tables, or in the space between them below the "Currently Mining" box. And you could then use that space again on the right-hand table to rather list the static mining port numbers for each.

And on the My Stats page for the newly added list of payouts, could we get the relevant timestamp for when each block was mined?

Then the new Profit Snapshot is really great. I think that could warrant some further historical graphing.. showing profitability history/ trend. That page could be a separate tab on its own, e.g. "My Profitability" next to "My Stats".. with a historic graph below the 24 hour snapshot table. You'd have to put a stake in the ground for the time of day at which each point is plotted on the graph, but it could be great to see. And that leads to thoughts about a comparison / ratio vs the pool as a whole, and/or between individual coins..

ok, ok. Enough already!

I thought about doing that but it's a lot of data to save that for every user though.  I'll consider it.

paulm

Activity: 104

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 03:03:47 PM

Some new changes are now live - the "My Stats" page (https://www.multipool.in/my_stats.php) now displays the most recent 10 payouts for each currency.  Also, linked from the top left menu as "Profit Snapshot" (https://www.multipool.in/userpayout.php) and also from the bottom of the payout summary on the My Stats page will show all of your rewards from the previous 24 hours, as well as a real-time estimate of what those rewards are worth in BTC.

Very nice! Great work!!!

A small suggestion... in the top left table it would great to have the balance in bitcoin equivalent.

You should also implement a fixed fee to use the multipool, maybe 2-5% since it's what's taking most of your time. You could leave the direct mining free.

I noticed that Franko and Megacoin are often more profitable than the coins on the multipool so it would be great if you could add them. These coins have a much higher average network hash rate than MNC, LKY ARG or PXC so would see less dramatic difficulty swings when the pool would hit them (well, at least less than the previously mentioned coins).
B.T.Coin

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 03:35:42 PM

Why time-based PPLNS is a BAD idea for multipool.

I know there already has been a long discussion in this thread about what payment system would be best for this type of pool and finally Flound has settled on time-based PPLNS.
I'm not trying to restart that discussion so we can hear the same arguments again and again but I have given it a lot of thought and I think I have some points that are really relevant and have not been made yet.

Flound argues that for the LTC pool 4-6 hours would be a good period to set for the time-based PPLNS. This can be fair based on his assumption that the LTC port has about 100MH on it when the multiport is on another coin.
But (for argument sake) let's  look at the situation where the steady hashing power on LTC would drop to a low value or even disappear. If the multiport then moves away from LTC and doesn't return within 6 hours, it will be a FACT that all shares will be lost and the multiport miners will get nothing in return for their time spent on LTC.
So a low steady hashrate on LTC will be bad for multiport miners when using time-based PPLNS while on the other hand the 6-hour time-based PPLNS system will be unfair to the steady LTC miners when there is steady hashrate much higher than 100MH.
Based on the above, you would have to adjust the time period of the time-based PPLNS system, based on the hashing power that is on the port. Which boils down to ...... (think about it) ...... exactly the same a regular 'share based' PPLNS.

Then we have a lot of people claiming PPLNS is not suited for multipool because it was specifically designed to prevent pool hopping. While the last part is true, the multiport is not pool-hopping in a regular way.
Miners that use pool-hopping to increase their profit, hop on a pool when that pool has just found a block and starts a fresh round with 0 shares taken so far. They stay on the pool for a while but if the round is not 'lucky' and takes too long, they hop onto another pool that has just found a block and started a fresh round. PPLNS is designed to prevent this by invalidating the oldest shares on unlucky rounds.
The multiport does NOT hop onto a coin because the pool has just found a block and starts a fresh round. The multiport hops on a coin because the difficulty and/or exchange rate has changed and it became the most profitable to mine in that regard. So the point where the multipool hops into a round compared to when that round started, is absolutely random. It can be early into the round but it can just as well be at the end of a round that has been very unlucky.
For this reason, share-based PPLNS will have NO negative effects for multiport users and the effects of lucky/unlucky rounds WILL even out over time.

Actually, share-based PPLNS is even better for this type of pool than a Proportional system. With a proportional system, it could be argued that the multiport would be really 'stupid' to jump onto a coin when there is a really unlucky round going on for a long time already and many proportional shares have already been mined (unless the coin would become very profitable by a really big margin ofcourse). Share based PPLNS also evens out this effect so as far as I can see it, this is the perfect system to use on this pool.

Maybe I'm missing something here and my reasoning is flawed (I'm only human after all) so please share your thoughts if you catch something that I didn't. I'm always eager to learn.
At the end of the day it will be Flound who decides what system to use but I hope he gives this a little thought Smiley

A fine is a tax you pay for something you did wrong.
A tax is a fine you pay for something you did right.
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: