Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:28:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Optiminer/Zcash v1.7 (GPU, Windows+Linux, AMD)  (Read 115898 times)
cracker666

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 04:31:39 PM

optiminer are you working on a new version

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
batut

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 04:50:26 PM

Optiminer should be faster. Do not forget that you have to subtract 2.5% for the dev fee on Claymore while optiminer shows hash rates with dev fee subtracted already!

That's true, but Claymore has fan control! /sarcasm
I use AMD settings or GPU-Z. there is information about the temperature and fan.
as for me optimaler better than Claymore(my rig 7 gpu R9 390)
meeow

Activity: 72
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 01:06:30 AM

Optiminer should be faster. Do not forget that you have to subtract 2.5% for the dev fee on Claymore while optiminer shows hash rates with dev fee subtracted already!

It depends, try both yourself. For example, OM 1.6.2 is faster than CM 12 on my stock 290, but slower on my 290 that is flashed to a 390.
BigWolf

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 02:31:16 AM

Your miner shouldn't control the fan anyway.  That should be controlled as a separate process.  Give me a few days and I'll try and re-write my fan controller so it's a little more robust.  I wrote one that you set a target temp for each card and it will bring the speed up or down to meet that. 
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 11:13:46 AM

any updated optiminer
with watchdog enabled
AUTOMATIC

AT WINDOWS VERSION?HuhHuh??
V_I_T_A_L_Y

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 02:44:22 PM

Optimizer let a new release. Get in front of the Claymore
zzzzzzzzzz

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 04:22:42 PM

The performance has been optimized as much as possible, on most GPU types anyway, so there won't be any further updates with meaningful hash rate increases, IMO. I'm surprised that some folks seem to feel that this performance improvement process just goes on forever; it doesn't.
BigWolf

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 06:00:33 PM

The performance has been optimized as much as possible, on most GPU types anyway, so there won't be any further updates with meaningful hash rate increases, IMO. I'm surprised that some folks seem to feel that this performance improvement process just goes on forever; it doesn't.

No doubt!  Claymore took forever to get that last version out so I can only assume he really struggled getting what he could out from under the hood.  I tried it out and it was basically what I was getting with optiminer so I moved back because the rate shown is what I get with opti, with claymore you have to deduct his % from what he shows you.  Optiminer works well for me.  I got the watchdog setup so that when I do have a card hanging it just reboots my rig and everything automatically starts right back up where it left off.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 09:35:10 PM

Could you share the watchdog code on Linux, please.
Somehow, I am not getting it (what I saw before).
BigWolf

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:34:40 AM

Could you share the watchdog code on Linux, please.
Somehow, I am not getting it (what I saw before).

Setting up watchdog isn't just one simple file.  It's several simple things actually.  Here is what I did.  I'm running Ubuntu 14.04

1). Setup your Linux to auto log in and auto start your 'mine.sh' script.  If you haven't already set your box to auto log in, google that part.  To setup the 'mine.sh' to startup automatically just click on the search and type in 'Startup Applications' and open it.  Create new and for the command put in (including the double quotes)

"gnome-terminal  -e  "sudo /<full path here>/optiminer-zcash-1.6.0/mine.sh"

2). Because it is using sudo (and so does the shutdown command) you need to set your account to not require a password to run sudo.  Many online tutorials show how to bypass the password for all sudo commands but that is actually a huge security risk.  Instead you only want to open up the ones you really need.  Open a terminal window and do the following:

sudo visudo -f /etc/sudoers       (NEVER use a normal editor to edit this file!)

Add the following 3 lines in this section (change the <user> and <hostname> to what is used on your computer.  If you don't know what your hostname is type 'hostname' in a terminal window)

# Allow members of group sudo to execute any command
%sudo   ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
<user> <hostname> = (root) NOPASSWD: /sbin/shutdown
<user> <hostname> = (root) NOPASSWD: /<full path>/optiminer-zcash-1.6.0/mine.sh
<user> <hostname> = (root) NOPASSWD: /<full path>/optiminer-zcash-1.6.0/optiminer-zcash   (this one might not actually be needed)

3). Setup your mine.sh file that already exists in the optiminer folder if you haven't already done so.

4). In the 'watchdog-cmd.sh' file, simply uncomment the 'sudo /sbin/shutdown -r now' line.

5). Reboot your computer.  When it comes up your optiminer should start working right away in a window.  Open an additional window and type "sudo shutdown -r now"  (without the quotes) and it should reboot the computer without asking for a password.  If it does, you should be all set.
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 07:23:19 PM

Thank you very much.
At least i got it now where to start.

Although, I am not sure what "setup mine.sh" means

Do you mean, open it up with nano, for example, and edit context? To do what? Automatic start?
can you give an example of such setup, please?

Typically, i just make a mining string text file including executable, then copy and paste into the terminal window.
Lo tech, would like to do better.
BigWolf

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 09:05:00 PM

Thank you very much.
At least i got it now where to start.

Although, I am not sure what "setup mine.sh" means

Do you mean, open it up with nano, for example, and edit context? To do what? Automatic start?
can you give an example of such setup, please?

Typically, i just make a mining string text file including executable, then copy and paste into the terminal window.
Lo tech, would like to do better.

In the optiminer folder there is a file called mine.sh    it's just a little bash script to startup your miner.   But in it you need to change the wallet ID and also specify what pool you want it to connect to.  It is about in the middle.  This is what you are looking for:

# Flypool (encrypted connection):
# uses cash address as user
POOL=zstratum+tls://eu1-zcash.flypool.org:3443
USER=t1Yszagk1jBjdyPfs2GxXx1GWcfn6fdTuFJ.worker
PASSWORD=x

# Nicehash:
# uses bitcoin address as user
#POOL=equihash.usa.nicehash.com:3357
#USER=19STEagfLfbb1XdTF9NCf5kmxZHGchSiZj
#PASSWORD=x

# suprnova.cc
#POOL=zec.suprnova.cc:2142
#USER=Weblogin.Worker
#PASSWORD=WorkerPassword

Change that so it has your information.  By default it is setup for Flypool.  If you use something different, comment out the flypool and uncomment the section you want.  Just change the info to match your wallet.  That is all you really have to edit in the file.  And yes, you can use nano, gedit, vi,  any of those or any other favorite text editor.  It's just a text file.    This is the file that actually starts up optiminer and keeps it running.
optiminer (OP)

Activity: 187

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:38:20 PM

Further speed improvements are very difficult, indeed. I have been experimenting with a different algorithm, but that is (currently) still slower than the current one. Though there is still more room for optimization there.

I plan to release an update on the current algorithm that should bring a small improvement, probably by the end of the week.
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:09:11 AM

Change that so it has your information.  By default it is setup for Flypool.  If you use something different, comment out the flypool and uncomment the section you want.  Just change the info to match your wallet.  That is all you really have to edit in the file.  And yes, you can use nano, gedit, vi,  any of those or any other favorite text editor.  It's just a text file.    This is the file that actually starts up optiminer and keeps it running.

Thanks again, but this what I am really confused about.
I am starting the miner with a string in terminal (similar to what I show below), NOT by accessing the mine.sh
What does entering all this info in mine.sh gives you?
An ability to start anywhere without cd-ing into optiminer-zcash folder?
Once you put all info into mine.sh, do you just start it with
cd optiminer-zcash
./mine.sh

instead of

./optiminer-zcash -s eu1-zcash.flypool.org:3333 -u t1NF6yLUxAAttibU8mzfX86o8aWLcqF38DX.rig1 -p x

Or something else that I am missing?
Thanks again
zzzzzzzzzz

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:26:38 AM

Change that so it has your information.  By default it is setup for Flypool.  If you use something different, comment out the flypool and uncomment the section you want.  Just change the info to match your wallet.  That is all you really have to edit in the file.  And yes, you can use nano, gedit, vi,  any of those or any other favorite text editor.  It's just a text file.    This is the file that actually starts up optiminer and keeps it running.

I am starting the miner with a string in terminal (similar to what I show below), NOT by accessing the mine.sh
cd optiminer-zcash
./mine.sh

instead of

./optiminer-zcash -s eu1-zcash.flypool.org:3333 -u t1NF6yLUxAAttibU8mzfX86o8aWLcqF38DX.rig1 -p x

Thanks again

I don't use mine.sh, but yes, you use it as you describe. You may want to check the permissions on the script file to ensure it is executable (-rwxr-xr-x from "ls").
BigWolf

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:56:13 AM

cd optiminer-zcash
./mine.sh

instead of

Thanks again

I don't use mine.sh, but yes, you use it as you describe. You may want to check the permissions on the script file to ensure it is executable (-rwxr-xr-x from "ls").

You don't have to use mine.sh but it has the watchdog stuff setup in there automatically.   See it at the end of the line?  That is what makes it start watching over your rig and to restart it if it is having issues.

./optiminer-zcash -s $POOL -u $USER -p $PASSWORD --watchdog-timeout 30 --watchdog-cmd "./watchdog-cmd.sh"

The other advantage to setting it up and using it is that you can have your system set to run that bash script upon startup so it just makes the whole thing automatic.  If you want to manually type it in a terminal window each time, that's fine too.  it just won't startup automatically if your rig is rebooted.

zzzzzzzzzz is right on the permissions.  I forgot that I had to change the permissions for that file.    just do a

chmod 755 mine.sh
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 04:59:22 AM

@BigWolf and @z(10)

thank you so much, I think I finally got the full picture..
I used
chmod x+u 'filename' before...755 is advanced Grin

Final touch...I just start the whole caboodle (after modding the miner.sh) with just

./miner.sh

?

Much thanks again...so much to learn.
zzzzzzzzzz

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 05:19:18 AM

@BigWolf and @z(10)

I used

Final touch...I just start the whole caboodle (after modding the miner.sh) with just

./miner.sh

?

Yep, that's it, unless you want to run it in the background and redirect the logging output to a file, which is what I do, although I do it automatically from the .xsession X11 file (I'm on UB 14.04 w/fglrx drivers): cd OPTI_DIR; nohup ./mine.sh >> /where_your_logs_go 2>&1 &

Got that? Long sentence Smiley
BigWolf

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:23:02 PM

@BigWolf and @z(10)

I used

./miner.sh

?

Yep, that's it, unless you want to run it in the background and redirect the logging output to a file, which is what I do, although I do it automatically from the .xsession X11 file (I'm on UB 14.04 w/fglrx drivers): cd OPTI_DIR; nohup ./mine.sh >> /where_your_logs_go 2>&1 &

That's a good one too.   Been thinking about making my rig headless.  Might have to use that myself.

As for logging, zzzzzzzzzz's is a good way to log it.  Another option for you if you want to have it scrolling in a terminal window and also log it at the same time is to use the -l (lowercase L) option.   In the mine.sh file, change the optiminer-zcash line to include the logging option.

./optiminer-zcash -s $POOL -u $USER -p $PASSWORD -l <logfilename> --watchdog-timeout 30 --watchdog-cmd "./watchdog-cmd.sh"

It appears that it rotates the logs periodically and keep the last 10 so that none of the files are too large.  What is really nice about this option is you can see live on the screen what is going on but you can still SSH into your box from another computer and then do a

tail -f <path>/<logfilename>

and it will continuously scroll what is being added to the log live.

Either way you do it, the advantage to logging is that if your rig is having to reboot you can go back in the logs to see why.   A few days ago I had issues with mine rebooting about every 8-12 hours.  A check in the log consistently showed GPU 0 hanging and so I re-worked the power to the riser (it all started after I re-arranged all the cables to improve airflow) and now it's running 48+ hours.
zzzzzzzzzz

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:59:46 PM

@BigWolf and @z(10)

I used

./miner.sh

?

That's a good one too.   Been thinking about making my rig headless.  Might have to use that myself.

As for logging, zzzzzzzzzz's is a good way to log it.  Another option for you if you want to have it scrolling in a terminal window and also log it at the same time is to use the -l (lowercase L) option.   In the mine.sh file, change the optiminer-zcash line to include the logging option.

./optiminer-zcash -s $POOL -u $USER -p $PASSWORD -l <logfilename> --watchdog-timeout 30 --watchdog-cmd "./watchdog-cmd.sh"

It appears that it rotates the logs periodically and keep the last 10 so that none of the files are too large.  What is really nice about this option is you can see live on the screen what is going on but you can still SSH into your box from another computer and then do a

tail -f <path>/<logfilename>

and it will continuously scroll what is being added to the log live.

Either way you do it, the advantage to logging is that if your rig is having to reboot you can go back in the logs to see why.   A few days ago I had issues with mine rebooting about every 8-12 hours.  A check in the log consistently showed GPU 0 hanging and so I re-worked the power to the riser (it all started after I re-arranged all the cables to improve airflow) and now it's running 48+ hours.

In the foreground (starting miner from command prompt), you can also do both terminal output and logging like this:

./miner.sh 2>&1 | tee -a /my_log_file

The "2>&1" sends stderr to stdout, so redirected output contains error messages as well as info messages. The "-a" on the tee command says "append".
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: