Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:28:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Optiminer/Zcash v1.7 (GPU, Windows+Linux, AMD)  (Read 115898 times)
zzzzzzzzzz

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 03:04:45 PM

Looks like silentArmy are making progress and new release is imminent which should help you Linux guys out
And what makes you say that? I hope you are correct, but just wondering is you're pulling something out of the air, or you actually know that work on SA is in progress?
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stealth8368

Activity: 347
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 03:11:32 PM

Looks like silentArmy are making progress and new release is imminent which should help you Linux guys out
And what makes you say that? I hope you are correct, but just wondering is you're pulling something out of the air, or you actually know that work on SA is in progress?

If you check silentArmy thread you will see for yourself
Densitymax

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 03:12:56 PM

I'm a little absent and would like to understand what miner is now in the lead for Windows.

▄▄▀▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀▀  ▄▄  ▀▀▄▄
 ▄▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄  ▀▀▄▄
█  ▄▄▀▀          ▀▀▄▄  █
█ █   ██▄▄     ▄██   █ █
█ █   ▄ ▀▀█▄▄ ▀▀██   █ █
█ █   ███▄ ▀▀██ ██   █ █
█ █   ██      ▀ ██   █ █
█ █   ██        ██   █ █
█  ▀▀▄▄          ▄▄▀▀  █
 ▀▀▄▄  ▀▀▄▄  ▄▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄  ▀▀  ▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▄▄▀▀
Modex              
SMART CONTRACT MARKETPLACE
██▄▄
████  ██▄▄
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

▀▀██  ████

▀▀██
TWITTER          LINKEDIN          SLACK
▬▬▬▬▬    FACEBOOK          TELEGRAM    ▬▬▬▬▬
DEVELOP  ●  DISTRIBUTE  ●  DEPLOY
██▄▄
████  ██▄▄
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

▀▀██  ████

▀▀██
██▄▄
████  ██▄▄
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

▀▀██  ████

▀▀██
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 03:19:26 PM

WHERE IS THE SILENTARMY PROGRESS? --

MBevand said that he thought that SilentArmy was nearly maxxed out.  Then he said he had real-life tasks to take care of, and has been fairly quiet.  What is it that you read that says a new version release is imminent?       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
scryptr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 03:31:15 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2016, 04:27:12 PM by scryptr

I'm a little absent and would like to understand what miner is now in the lead for Windows.

CLAYMORE FOR WIN/AMD--

Chatter is that if you add the dev fee (about 10%) and miner net, Optiminer's performance is still short of Claymore's miner net.  Optiminer has been cracked, and miners with the cracked Optiminer can calculate the size of the dev fee.

Optiminer is good software, really.  If the developer had been more honest about the actual size of the dev fee, there would have been less incentive to crack the software.

I am still mining with the dev fee.  Maybe open source will catch up.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
usefree

Activity: 390
Merit: 251

Mamihlapinatapai

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 05:49:38 PM

because of some stupid and greedy idiots like minerzec hundreds of people found a headache  Embarrassed
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 06:05:46 AM

Very bad.. optiminer was almost as good as claymore.. only few sols less Sad
Maybe someone can tell how to get private subscription?

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
scryptr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 06:13:42 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2016, 05:03:22 PM by scryptr

THE CODER CODED FOR 10% DEV FEE WITHOUT TELLING USERS--

And that is after the dev fee reduction.  I am mining WITH the dev fee.  This is the best miner for AMD/Linux.  The crackers say the code is based on SilentArmy.

You add it up.       --scryptr

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 06:22:45 AM

WHERE IS THE SILENTARMY PROGRESS? --

MBevand said that he thought that SilentArmy was nearly maxxed out.  Then he said he had real-life tasks to take care of, and has been fairly quiet.  What is it that you read that says a new version release is imminent?       --scryptr

follow the SA thread there is some one working on it but it is that time of year you know xmass  so hes doing what he can.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
optiminer (OP)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 12:14:32 AM

And that is after the dev fee reduction.  I am mining WITH the dev fee.  This is the best miner for AMD/Linux.  The crackers say the code is based on SilentArmy.

It was clearly stated on the web page that the miner had a fee. And the shown rates were with fee deducted, so no user was tricked into anything. Code is not based on anything other, I wrote it myself from scratch.
rjg

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 12:22:39 AM

Uhh...  This was known and stated by the dev on the first day it was available.  He stated it both on the ZCash forum thread and on the github page.
nerdralph

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 01:32:03 AM

Do you usually believe people who are full of shit?
export AMD_OCL_BUILD_OPTIONS_APPEND=-save-temps
Then run Optiminer, and look at the _temp*.isa files.  It was nothing like SilentArmy when I looked at it.  eXtremal actually went through the assembly in detail to see why it was/is faster than SilentArmy.

scryptr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2016, 01:33:51 AM

THE FEE NOW IS 10% --

While the miner could see the hash rate that he was earning, the miner was not told the size of the dev fee.  It was not stated on the opening page (OP) of this thread, nor at the GitHub site.

I still do not know the size of the dev fee prior to its reduction.

I am mining with the current dev fee.       --scryptr

scryptr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2016, 01:40:35 AM

Do you usually believe people who are full of shit?
export AMD_OCL_BUILD_OPTIONS_APPEND=-save-temps
Then run Optiminer, and look at the _temp*.isa files.  It was nothing like SilentArmy when I looked at it.  eXtremal actually went through the assembly in detail to see why it was/is faster than SilentArmy.

I AM GLAD THAT YOU INSPECTED THE CODE--

I would not know how.  I reported what I read in the cracker's thread.

And, like I said, the sum of the Optiminer returns (miner net plus dev fee) is still reportedly less than Claymore's Zcash miner net.  He charges a clearly stated 2.5% fee.       --scryptr

rjg

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:48:30 AM

I would not know how.  I reported what I read in the cracker's thread.

And, like I said, the sum of the Optiminer returns (miner net plus dev fee) is still reportedly less than Claymore's Zcash miner net.  He charges a clearly stated 2.5% fee.       --scryptr

Don't believe everything you read, test for yourself when possible and make your own conclusions.  Reporting things that you have not tested yourself leads to the spreading of misinformation and adds to the confusion.

The dev fee at the launch of the miner was about 15% and during that time it was FAR faster than any alternative on Windows or Linux.  This was documented on the same day that the software was released, before you make these accusations and spread this information please take the time to do your own research and at least review the original thread on the ZCash forum where all of this was discussed and documented.

Currently, the sum of the miner output, including the dev fee is above Claymore's output when I test Optiminer on Linux.

On RX480 8GB, I receive ~192H/s, add to that the 10% fee and you are at ~211H/s.

With the same cards using Claymore on Windows, it generates ~200H/s

scryptr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2016, 04:14:02 AM

I would not know how.  I reported what I read in the cracker's thread.

And, like I said, the sum of the Optiminer returns (miner net plus dev fee) is still reportedly less than Claymore's Zcash miner net.  He charges a clearly stated 2.5% fee.       --scryptr

Don't believe everything you read, test for yourself when possible and make your own conclusions.  Reporting things that you have not tested yourself leads to the spreading of misinformation and adds to the confusion.

The dev fee at the launch of the miner was about 15% and during that time it was FAR faster than any alternative on Windows or Linux.  This was documented on the same day that the software was released, before you make these accusations and spread this information please take the time to do your own research and at least review the original thread on the ZCash forum where all of this was discussed and documented.

Currently, the sum of the miner output, including the dev fee is above Claymore's output when I test Optiminer on Linux.

On RX480 8GB, I receive ~192H/s, add to that the 10% fee and you are at ~211H/s.

With the same cards using Claymore on Windows, it generates ~200H/s

THE PERCENTAGE AND SIZE OF THE DEV FEE WAS NOT REPORTED--

I followed this miner from the start, and the size of the dev fee was never stated.  It is a good miner, I use it, and I pay the outrageous dev fee.      

Don't accuse me of believing something when I merely reported it.  If the developer has a complaint, it is against the crackers.  Instead, he quit developing the best linux miner for the public.

There are hundreds of miners (at least) using this miner.  The developer has earned more than 4X Claymore's fee per miner for about one month.  Maybe he needs a 3 month vacation to cool off.       --scryptr

rjg

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 04:50:12 AM

I followed this miner from the start, and the size of the dev fee was never stated.  It is a good miner, I use it, and I pay the outrageous dev fee.      

Don't accuse me of believing something when I merely reported it.  If the developer has a complaint, it is against the crackers.  Instead, he quit developing the best linux miner for the public.

There are hundreds of miners (at least) using this miner.  The developer has earned more than 4X Claymore's fee per miner for about one month.  Maybe he needs a 3 month vacation to cool off.       --scryptr

Are you serious?  You excuse spreading information that you don't know to be true as if it were a fact by calling it reporting?  What does the community gain from this?

Let me be more specific about things you have "reported":

"THE CODER CODED FOR 10% DEV FEE WITHOUT TELLING USERS--"  INCORRECT

"THE PERCENTAGE AND SIZE OF THE DEV FEE WAS NOT REPORTED--"  INCORRECT

"And, like I said, the sum of the Optiminer returns (miner net plus dev fee) is still reportedly less than Claymore's Zcash miner net.  He charges a clearly stated 2.5% fee."  INCORRECT

The crackers say the code is based on SilentArmy.  INCORRECT

Please stop and consider what you are writing.  If you don't know something to be true test it for yourself, and if you can't test for yourself consider whether you should be sharing it at all.

Once again, I recommend you go read this thread and as you will see, the specific amount of the dev fee was discovered and shared with the community on the very day the software was released.

https://forum.z.cash/t/miner-optiminer-zcash-gpu-miner-v0-6-0-new-for-both-linux-and-windows/8109

Just to be clear, I am not trying to pick on you or dissuade you from sharing information, I just ask that you validate it first....

In regards to the profit the dev has made, good for him!  He put in the effort to create something that was faster than any other alternative when it was released and which still is faster than any other alternative on Linux.  I certainly used it as well and happily paid the fee.

We all have/had a choice about using his miner or not, nobody forced us to use it and if you or I don't care for the fee we can just stop using it right?  Simple
scryptr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2016, 05:05:21 AM

Are you serious?  You excuse spreading information that you don't know to be true as if it were a fact by calling it reporting?  What does the community gain from this?

"And, like I said, the sum of the Optiminer returns (miner net plus dev fee) is still reportedly less than Claymore's Zcash miner net.  He charges a clearly stated 2.5% fee."  INCORRECT

Please stop and consider what you are writing.  If you don't know something to be true test it for yourself, and if you can't test for yourself consider whether you should be sharing it at all.

Once again, I recommend you go read this thread and as you will see, the specific amount of the dev fee was discovered and shared with the community on the very day the software was released.

https://forum.z.cash/t/miner-optiminer-zcash-gpu-miner-v0-6-0-new-for-both-linux-and-windows/8109

Just to be clear, I am not trying to pick on you or dissuade you from sharing information, I just ask that you validate it first....

In regards to the profit the dev has made, good for him!  He put in the effort to create something that was faster than any other alternative when it was released and which still is faster than any other alternative on Linux.  I certainly used it as well and happily paid the fee.

We all have/had a choice about using his miner or not, nobody forced us to use it and if you or I don't care for the fee we can just stop using it right?  Simple

HOGWASH--

What I stated was correct.  You can put up all the red letters that you want.  What i stated was correct.       --scryptr

rjg

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 05:10:33 AM

In regards to the profit the dev has made, good for him!  He put in the effort to create something that was faster than any other alternative when it was released and which still is faster than any other alternative on Linux.  I certainly used it as well and happily paid the fee.

We all have/had a choice about using his miner or not, nobody forced us to use it and if you or I don't care for the fee we can just stop using it right?  Simple

HOGWASH--

What I stated was correct.  You can put up all the red letters that you want.  What i stated was correct.       --scryptr

Ok, I'm done wasting my time arguing with you, have a great day.
scryptr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2016, 05:20:02 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2016, 02:07:49 PM by scryptr

In regards to the profit the dev has made, good for him!  He put in the effort to create something that was faster than any other alternative when it was released and which still is faster than any other alternative on Linux.  I certainly used it as well and happily paid the fee.

We all have/had a choice about using his miner or not, nobody forced us to use it and if you or I don't care for the fee we can just stop using it right?  Simple

HOGWASH--

What I stated was correct.  You can put up all the red letters that you want.  What i stated was correct.       --scryptr

Ok, I'm done wasting my time arguing with you, have a great day.

I AM HAVING A GREAT DAY--

Except for the crashing bugs that will never be worked out for a new release.  The miner works well, but on occasion a card now crashes, requiring the proper configuration of the watchdog script.  No public releases means no fix.  The developer should get back to work and fix things.  We would all benefit.  The crackers should be shut down, too.       --scryptr

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: