Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:28:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TKS]TOKES Platform | Empowering the Cannabis Industry  (Read 103598 times)
kov (OP)

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2016, 06:07:55 PM

Do you have any more information about the team ? Like linkedin profiles etc.

No offense but lately there are a lot scams, and i do like the idea but i would like to know more about the team etc.

Hi Mrboot - have you had an opportunity to review team information at http://cannabisrevolution.us/#Team ? I'd also encourage you to watch the Coin Interview with me that we completed last week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSeAFtW0ue0

Also, I've had several requests for more information about my background in crypto specifically. I'm going to be drafting up an extended bio that includes my experience not only in finance, but also in crypto and cannabis. Will probably take a few days to put it together, but keep an eye out for that.

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kov (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 05:24:36 AM

Peter just updated the Waves node, so API should be reporting correctly in ICO portal for anyone investing directly with Waves.

Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 06:58:46 AM

Can I hear more about the marketing plan please. This is my second time asking.

We have a few marketing concepts for platform promotion:

1. First, we plan on distributing a small number of tokes to our dispensary partners, who in turn can use those to attract new customers via tokes giveaways. This will attract new customers for the dispensary, gain exposure for the platform, and nurture business relationships.

2. Educational and tech support efforts to assist the dispensaries with the implementation of our technology.

3. I've alluded to the tourism business concept we're pursuing...this will tie directly into our business development efforts with industry partners.

4. Building out point of sale systems in the form of computer tablets that can run our application and facilitate tokes transactions.

Those are a few, to start. Thanks for the question sourgummies.

How small is the number of free tokes that you'll be giving away? I find it hard to invest in an ico when the coins im buying will be given to others for free. Why cant I just get some free coins is my thought process.

The key difference is that our partners at the dispensary level will be utilizing their promotional allotment to further the footprint of the currency, which has broad social and economic value for all people invested in tokes. It's similar to how we're giving away tokes to people that promote through signatures, blogs, and other promotional efforts. To that end, you are welcome to join any one of our bounty campaigns and earn 'free' tokes for assisting with spreading the message.

That's a nice way to spin it. Another way could be your dispensaries will be giving away free tokes with every purchase. The pitch would be, buy this weed and I'll give you back $2 in tokes witch you can turn into bitcoin. And then just like that the sell pressure begins. You still did not answer my question. How many tokes are being put aside for this and how many will be given out for free?

Ah, I see why there's a disconnect... A couple of things here: first and foremost, we're going to be starting local, and we're going to be starting small. This is not the type of promotion we would rain down on the entire US. We'll be targeting 5-10 local dispensaries with this promotion to test its efficacy. Even then, we're going to be starting with a small number of units - the specific amount of which has not yet been determined. It will be less than a few hundred dollars each initially, though. Second, these dispensaries are not going to have immediate access to or understanding of how to go openly sell these on the market, as this is not a space they're very familiar with. Which leads to point number three, and most importantly for you. You're assuming we are going to hand out the tokes for this promotional offer and simply let the dispensaries turn around and re-sell them. Our actual plan here would be to support that promotion as a true 'company' cost and act as a repurchaser of the units used by the dispensaries. In that sense, there is no market impact as a result of these marketing efforts. We would bear the burden of paying those costs in order to foster initial relationships.

I do think it's important for me to emphasize here that this project is going to be unlike just about anything you've seen in the crypto ecosystem. We approach this more from a financial perspective than a technology one. Our actions are going to have token holders in mind, and we're going to be acting in your interest, not entirely our own. It's going to take many small steps to gain traction with the concept, but with dedicated and strategic execution, we can succeed here.

Now that's a clear answer I can get behind. Good job. I'll continue watching and maybe at the end you'll get an investment from me. Its hard though with the numerous other weed coins that have been around for much longer already carving out their place in the 420 business. But thanks again for the clear and informative answer.
Smoked2Much

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 10:41:58 AM

I'll buy some!
J_TokesPlatform

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 03:18:57 PM

I'll buy some!

https://tokes.incentloyalty.com
kov (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 06:26:53 PM

Ah, I see why there's a disconnect... A couple of things here: first and foremost, we're going to be starting local, and we're going to be starting small. This is not the type of promotion we would rain down on the entire US. We'll be targeting 5-10 local dispensaries with this promotion to test its efficacy. Even then, we're going to be starting with a small number of units - the specific amount of which has not yet been determined. It will be less than a few hundred dollars each initially, though. Second, these dispensaries are not going to have immediate access to or understanding of how to go openly sell these on the market, as this is not a space they're very familiar with. Which leads to point number three, and most importantly for you. You're assuming we are going to hand out the tokes for this promotional offer and simply let the dispensaries turn around and re-sell them. Our actual plan here would be to support that promotion as a true 'company' cost and act as a repurchaser of the units used by the dispensaries. In that sense, there is no market impact as a result of these marketing efforts. We would bear the burden of paying those costs in order to foster initial relationships.

I do think it's important for me to emphasize here that this project is going to be unlike just about anything you've seen in the crypto ecosystem. We approach this more from a financial perspective than a technology one. Our actions are going to have token holders in mind, and we're going to be acting in your interest, not entirely our own. It's going to take many small steps to gain traction with the concept, but with dedicated and strategic execution, we can succeed here.

Now that's a clear answer I can get behind. Good job. I'll continue watching and maybe at the end you'll get an investment from me. Its hard though with the numerous other weed coins that have been around for much longer already carving out their place in the 420 business. But thanks again for the clear and informative answer.

Cheers, appreciate that sourgummies.

kov (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 12:23:12 AM

Core Media interview on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/coremediaradio/tokes

puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 01:29:47 AM

hello how much did canabis raised?

Cant check thru the site as it require sign up :/
mybitcoin101

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 02:55:19 AM

i am involved with a dispensary and this does not solve any issues we face.

please explain how you will be able to peg tokes to the dollar?
...and how are we going to cash out?
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 04:03:28 AM

hey hey, i was just doing some discussion with some friends, and question:
What happens if this 3rd party incent platform goes kaput?
Was it smart to run your ICO thru a 3rd party or proxy?

I have no idea about their project, it looked cheap personally, so its hard to give money this way :/

i ask myself: what happened to Satoshi's vision?  there's no P2P or mining anymore, just give money to ideas (ICO), done thru 3rd party platforms Sad

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 05:39:32 AM

Next question. Why not just do the ico with escrows on the forum?
Smoked2Much

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 09:51:55 AM

Good question!
jacaf01

Activity: 742

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 01:02:21 PM

I have no idea about their project, it looked cheap personally, so its hard to give money this way :/

i ask myself: what happened to Satoshi's vision?  there's no P2P or mining anymore, just give money to ideas (ICO), done thru 3rd party platforms Sad

Can you mine an equipment with you computer? there are no to similar projects, also time has changed when Steve Job and Steve Wozniak founded apple computer then they don't have the opportunity of VCs funding but today I'm very sure the will seek for VCs funding to move their project forward since the landscape has changed

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
findscam

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 01:04:50 PM

Legit project, do you have escrow?

GiovanniDiCosimo

Activity: 602
Merit: 506

Your own digital self

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 01:31:01 PM

Legit project, do you have escrow?

3 post in this topic

Q: Will there be an escrow service on the ICO?

Yes. We're utilizing a 3-party mutli-sig wallet with two independent third-party signatories. The escrow signatories include, Fran Strajnar - Co-Founder and CEO of Brave New Coin, and Collin Crypto - the second highest ranked escrow on BitRated.com. All bitcoin contributions and altcoin contributions processed through our shapeshift plugin will be managed under this escrow. Because Waves does not yet have this functionality built in, Waves contributions will not be managed under this escrow agreement, but held in trust directly by the Tokes Platform team.

▄▄███████▄▄
         █████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
      ▄▄  ▀▀         ▀▀████▄
   ▄████   ▄▄███████▄▄  ▀▀███▄
 ▄███▀▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄  ▀███▄
▄███   ▄███▀          ▄███▄  ▀███
███   ███▀  ▄███████▄  ▀███▄  ███
███  ███   ████▀▀▀████  ▀███  ▀█▀
███  ███  ███▀     ▀███  ███    
███  ▀█▀  ███  ▄█▄  ███  ███  ▄█▄
███       ███  ███  ███  ███  ▀█▀
███  ▄█▄  ███  ▀█▀      ███
███  ███   ███▄        ▄███   ▄█▄
███  ███    ▀███ ▄██▄ ███▀   ▄███
███   ███▄▄     ▀██▀  ▀  ▄▄████
▀███   ▀▀████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
 ▀███▄▄    ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀
   ▀█████▄▄    ▀▀████▀▀
      ▀▀█████▄▄
          ▀▀████
  .P E R S O N A.   
kov (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 06:00:13 PM

hello how much did canabis raised?

Cant check thru the site as it require sign up :/

Hi puremage111 - we've currently raised somewhere in the neighborhood of $55,000-$60,000, comprised of ~50btc and 78,000 waves. We've actually had some assistance with an active member of our community and are planning a revamped website release soon. The new site should include an API to the funds raised, so you won't need to log in to the portal to see ICO status. Stay tuned.

kov (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 06:34:12 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2016, 06:49:17 PM by kov

i am involved with a dispensary and this does not solve any issues we face.

please explain how you will be able to peg tokes to the dollar?
...and how are we going to cash out?

Please note that we're very early in development here, but these are critical initiatives we're tackling. The issue of cash onramps and offramps is at the core of our platform, and something that should be at least partially mitigated through Waves' proposal for direct fiat gateways, which is one of the reasons we selected them for asset issuance. I know we're being vague in some areas, but that is by design, and should be of value for anyone purchasing tokes in ICO. That's because a part of our value proposition is the proposed solutions to these very problems. More information will be released by our team as we approach ICO close, and as we move towards the implementations of those solutions. We want to maintain our competitive advantage in this niche.

As far as asset pegging goes, I would just ask what your familiarity is with the mechanism in general? It is effectively a two part system: one being the floating token (tokes), and a secondary unit that will be fixed at the value of $1.00 USD. Anyone with a desire to 'lock in' the value of their tokes against USD will be able to freely move between the two units. Again, early development, but the pegged unit will need to be fully capitalized and serve as a true USD-backed asset, in digital format. Think Tether.

kov (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 08:43:54 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2016, 09:02:38 PM by kov

i ask myself: what happened to Satoshi's vision?  there's no P2P or mining anymore, just give money to ideas (ICO), done thru 3rd party platforms Sad

The ICO platform is strictly for recording and reporting tokes purchases, and presenting that in a professional quality display. Incent's technology does this quite well, and is supported by a strong team who just completed a successful ICO of their own on the same technology(they raised over $1MM USD). I'm not concerned about them going out of business any time soon. However, even if that did happen, we control the wallets along with our third-party escrow signatories, so no funds would be lost. It would certainly complicate things in that we would need to retrace all of the transactions on the blockchain and identify the people behind those investments, but not impossible. In any event, Incent is a team of professionals with project experience under their belts.

edit: just a comment on satoshi's vision... I'm afraid that's the natural evolution of things. If nothing changed, the internet itself would be nothing more than command line in a terminal. I think we all appreciate what technological change has brought to the world as a whole. I'm sure we're going to see many more changes in coin tech and blockchain before this all settles down.

kov (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 10:15:46 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2016, 11:10:45 PM by kov

These escrows came highly recommended from members of the community, and come with significant trust and rapport. They own businesses in crypto. Their reputations are extremely important to their credibility. Each of these reasons should instill trust in people interested in contributing to this project, and were the basis of selecting who we did.

AleScamHole

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 12:03:42 AM

i dont even understand this...

your outsourcing all the work, what are you even taking money for?
incent is hosting the platform -- they prob get a cut somewhere
you are outsourcing the dev work to people -- they get a cut
you get a cut, like this just seems like a cash grab

theres SO many points of failure when you rely on everyone else for your project, i wont touch this

wolf is already swamped with projects, darksilk is MONTHS behind due to him being paid and no work produced, i fear the same here

i wont ever give money to someone to hire people, do the work yourself or no way

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: