Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:29:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitworks 8 GPU 4U rack mount mining rig - 235Mh/s ETH  (Read 32622 times)
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 10:15:33 PM

I never said this was a scam; clearly if pvanni was never given a time frame, purchase agreement of any kind, or terms and conditions: the miners cannot ever be considered late on delivery.  

Not providing clearly defined expectations for customers is one problem.  Communication as you have said; is also lacking here.

In regards to justifying pre-orders for miners; We aren't talking about a pizza that will: go bad.  These are miners; if anything they would only benefit the company: to have (mining) while waiting to be sold.  Only a fool would want a miner that hasn't been burned in anyway.  

It would be one thing if the company was receiving more orders than it could fulfill, and told customers they have a backlog and cannot guarantee a delivery time; that is not what happened here.  

At a minimum, a company should be telling customers when they do not have items in hand.  To propose otherwise is absurd.

In regards the scam remark, I agree that's not what you indicated -- it was said by others and for the record my reference to that was not directed at you.

I agree regarding the communication gaps you outlined, they are unfortunate to hear about in this case.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
scbrian

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:42:35 PM

Sorry first post (long-time lurker but never had much knowledge to contribute) but no I am not Brian Raymond and yes I have been in touch with him about purchasing rigs.

He actually sent out an email today explaining the issues they have been having with shipment. In previous conversations he had told me that while GPU procurement has been tight it hasn't been a major bottleneck for him so far. I'm sure there has been an onslaught of demand since the ETH price spike so that may have changed by now.

His email said there was an issue with the updated version of the MSI mobo's they received that caused some rig stability issues. This affected about 120 units according to him. They are working to resolve that issue and get those rigs shipped out ASAP.

I can understand the frustration as a customer with spotty communication but my gut feeling is that Brian is a straight up guy that is a bit overwhelmed with demand at the moment. I'll post again once my order is placed and received to let people know how that process was.
fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 01:54:19 PM

Sorry first post (long-time lurker but never had much knowledge to contribute) but no I am not Brian Raymond and yes I have been in touch with him about purchasing rigs.

He actually sent out an email today explaining the issues they have been having with shipment. In previous conversations he had told me that while GPU procurement has been tight it hasn't been a major bottleneck for him so far. I'm sure there has been an onslaught of demand since the ETH price spike so that may have changed by now.

His email said there was an issue with the updated version of the MSI mobo's they received that caused some rig stability issues. This affected about 120 units according to him. They are working to resolve that issue and get those rigs shipped out ASAP.

I can understand the frustration as a customer with spotty communication but my gut feeling is that Brian is a straight up guy that is a bit overwhelmed with demand at the moment. I'll post again once my order is placed and received to let people know how that process was.

This company is still accepting new orders on their website; in spite of this situation. 

If they really cared about their customers and the situation is as you describe; they should be pointing the miners to customer provided pools/addresses until they can resolve their stability problems.

singlemode

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 06:47:20 AM

I ordered a lot of units from Brian, he promised me it will shipped 5 days after received the payment and right now is like 28 days already still no response no unit shipped yet.

Can anyone confirm how reliable of the seller?

Hello board members,

Does anyone have any problem contacting bitworks owner after payment was sent to bitworks?

I bought two "FUEL 4U Rack Mount 8 GPU Server" from BitWorks, and I paid it all with transfer wise on April 27th.

Brian Raymond the owner of BitWorks, has confirmed the receipt of the payment, but from April 27 (nearly a month ago) I have not received anything yet.

I'm sending two emails per week asking for information but many times he does not answer.

On May 17 he gave me a tracking code of DHL, but to date, the parcel has not yet been picked up.

I've spent $ 8,327 in this order: $ 6,800 for the two miners, and $ 1,527 for shipment (I did not ask for discounts).

For now I would not recommend Bitworks, it's been almost a month and I have not received anything yet.

If I will receive the miners, I'll write it here.
reelen

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 11:37:04 AM

This seems to be par for the course.  I had a few good interactions with Padrino in the past, but after trying to order 600+ custom cables, he went MIA during our conversation in PM.  I messaged him 5-6 additional times over the course of the following weeks with zero reply, yet he had the time to reply to a few items here on the boards.  Definitely not reliable at this time.
scarabyte

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 04:22:58 PM

I can not guarantee per se, but I occasionally made an order (also a week ago), and was reading this thread (not registering though) with great sense of worry.

Well, later in my Spam I found two emails - 1 from next day after purchase and 2nd the week after, so actually I see that he is keeping me on track though there are some issues with MSI boards and not all units ordered could be mastered, but whatever the cost, they're forcing it as much as they can, as it says. I guess they would not sacrifice stability, and that seems like a totally right thing with miners.

Both of the emails were written in a adequate manner and I do not see the signs in there which would make someone worry now. I am 99% sure he's having technical difficulties, but the lack of communication replies, reported by other board members, should raise some bar in the future for this business to thrive Wink At least it would be anticipated by the current clients.

Will post here when I'll get my unit, as well.
allingoodfun

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:35:04 PM

Hey guys... Im new to cryptos and mining but I wanted to at least make a quick post here letting people know that, at least for the moment, the website is no longer taking orders and the units in question are now shown as "out of stock". I know this doesn't help those of you waiting for your units but at least they aren't still taking orders, which only creates more issues. Hopefully they catch up soon and open orders back up because I would also like to purchase a few. However if anyone here knows of other company that creates rack mount miners out there (at least 6xGPU) can you please link it here because it sounds like Bitworks may take a few months to get all this sorted.

Thanks.
wtfonly16

Activity: 285
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:45:42 PM

Do you sell case standalone like grey matter ? ?

ye i aint bares
Kainzo

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 04:50:12 AM

Updated with current specs, always pushing the limits like most of us... I've been manufacturing an 8 GPU rig for a few months now, as a follow-on to 4 and 6 GPU open frame rigs I've been making for a few years... Initially this unit used Radeon 380s and now Radeon 470/480s. Some may have seen it listed on ebay, I sell some there but it's primarily for the exposure, most units are sold direct to large farm operators who are running 50+ units at a time.

I do sell to individual miners as well and have been doing that for some time, posting this to share some details on the system and make it available via the forums.

The units run a fully custom Linux load, or a customized version of ethOS depending on the end users coin, they can mine most anything as with any GPU rig, given how many GPUs are in the system I sometimes need to customize the miner or it's launcher so it runs properly. Web based configuration provided, no need to SSH into the system to change wallet/pool, or other common settings. Most miners are shipped pre-configured at the request of the customer so they are plug and play.

Prices start at $3600 USD + shipping for single systems and go down under $3,000 as the quantity goes up. Payment via cashiers check, wire transfer, BTC, ETH, Credit Card via Paypal (verified billing/shipping address) all supported.

Systems are manufactured and shipped from the east coast of the US, worldwide shipping available. Turn around time before shipping averages 5 business days, however, a number of large orders have been recently placed so please reach out to confirm lead time.

ETH: 235Mh/s ~1160W, ~1260W when dual mining
ZEC: 2100H/s ~1160W
XMR: 6400H/s ~950W

These shots are from my 380 unit, 470 unit almost identical minus change in cards, use of EVGA G2 1300, and some strengthening of the chassis in my latest model revision to better handle shipping...

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5626/30923077656_3cbbd405d7_z_d.jpg
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5556/30828835772_bc7038e310_z_d.jpg
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5350/25309689999_730757c76e_z_d.jpg

Where is the base case from, if you dont mind.
wtfonly16

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:36:18 AM

i already fuking ask... if they not respond to me as the great asker they aint ganna respond to u kid

ye i aint bares
jetskimadness

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 02:22:19 PM

anyone have anymore news if the machines are stable now?
baddecisions

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 12:18:15 AM

has anyone heard or received anything from this guy at all recently? for me its been radio silence since his group email on 5/29/17 despite several inquiries and missing the shipping date he originally quoted.
harkifier

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:37:39 PM

has anyone heard or received anything from this guy at all recently? for me its been radio silence since his group email on 5/29/17 despite several inquiries and missing the shipping date he originally quoted.
Its because literally zero video cards have arrived in the USA in the last 2 weeks. Even companies like newegg and amazon are not getting them. Best guess has it being another 2-4 weeks out before orders start arriving.
baddecisions

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 11:38:55 PM

Its because literally zero video cards have arrived in the USA in the last 2 weeks. Even companies like newegg and amazon are not getting them. Best guess has it being another 2-4 weeks out before orders start arriving.

Please don't make excuses for this guy when you don't know what you're talking about.

I placed my order much earlier than 2 weeks ago. GPUs were still readily available then and I am *seriously* regretting trusting this vendor rather than just buying them myself.

Furthermore he's sent out two emails since regarding the shipping delay and blamed it on issues with system stability NOT on issues procuring the GPUs. Which is a load of horseshit of course. At this point I'd be happy if he would would just send me the damn GPUs.

It's blatantly obvious he's decided it makes more sense for him to hold the units people paid for and mine with them himself now that the GPU supply has dried up. Or that's sure how it seems from where I'm sitting. I would LOVE to be wrong. Has anyone received an order from bitworks in the past month and a half?

zero video cards have arrived in the USA in the last 2 weeks.

And this is false anyway, I know a local computer store that restocked last week.
wtfonly16

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:48:06 PM

how to keep faith in ur customers:
"um sorry guys everyone is out of gpus cant build rigs for you guys"

how to be this guy:
"..."

wtf is so hard about option A Huh
why wont just sell the case as standalone HuhHuh??

ye i aint bares
harkifier

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:29:31 PM

Please don't make excuses for this guy when you don't know what you're talking about.

I placed my order much earlier than 2 weeks ago. GPUs were still readily available then and I am *seriously* regretting trusting this vendor rather than just buying them myself.

Furthermore he's sent out two emails since regarding the shipping delay and blamed it on issues with system stability NOT on issues procuring the GPUs. Which is a load of horseshit of course. At this point I'd be happy if he would would just send me the damn GPUs.

It's blatantly obvious he's decided it makes more sense for him to hold the units people paid for and mine with them himself now that the GPU supply has dried up. Or that's sure how it seems from where I'm sitting. I would LOVE to be wrong. Has anyone received an order from bitworks in the past month and a half?

zero video cards have arrived in the USA in the last 2 weeks.

And this is false anyway, I know a local computer store that restocked last week.

Listen, he is honoring refund requests right now. If you dont want to wait, go get a refund. It will be processed the same day (mine was). I dont blame padrino, i just didnt want to wait. So either shut the fuck up and wait for your machine or get a refund. You cant have it both ways. You should also be happy if you paid in eth/btc because its worth more now also.
baddecisions

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:29:40 PM

I dont blame padrino

Just because you are an idiot doesn't mean the rest of us are. He used our money to purchase a bunch of GPUs and when the profitability skyrocketed decided it would be better to sit on them than fulfill orders.

shut the fuck up

Nah I don't think I will. It's important the community is aware of shady business practices like this. If someone selling miners only fulfills orders when profitability is poor, maybe that's not someone people should be buying miners from.

I'm missing out on massive profits because I ordered GPUs through this guy rather than a reputable vendor and I know I'm not alone. The fact that GPUs started going out of stock everywhere weeks after my order was placed is not an excuse.

And like the other guy has said, if that's supposedly the case maybe he should say so but he hasn't even done that. Of course he can't because it would make no sense in light of the last two mass email updates he sent out.
harkifier

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 12:06:41 AM

get a refund then and buy them somewhere you can get them faster.

Unless you are saying you cant get it elsewhere faster. Because if you could, certainly the right move would be to get a refund and do that.
 Huh Huh
baddecisions

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 12:14:11 AM

Obviously I can't now. But I could have when I originally placed this order with padrino and for awhile after. I foolishly trusted that the email updates he was sending out were accurate but it's clear now they were lies.

If you don't see something wrong with that then you really are a moron.
insaniak

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:05:19 AM

What GPUs are in these?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: