Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:04:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTC] [ANN] Physical Litecoins by CryptoVest (Project on hold)  (Read 12948 times)
Scooby903

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:52:35 PM

So when can I give you my money!?!?!

Grin Grin Grin
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:53:44 PM

Don't forget to put in an error in printing the first version, so that it becomes collectible.  Grin
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:27:34 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2013, 06:38:40 PM by CoinHoarder

Crosspost from Litecoin forums..

After much thought, despite there being a few people that don't like the designs, I am going to continue into production using either Likehero's or Zinodaur's design (I have not decided yet which one). No matter what design I end up using, there will always be people that don't like it. Everyone has different views and opinions about what looks good and what doesn't, or what a physical Litecoin should look like.

The responses to this thread and others I have made were somewhat disappointing (in a sense of how many people actually responded with their opinion.) I can't make people give me their opinion, they have to submit it willingly. The fact is that I and others have expressed that they like Zinodaurs/Likeheros designs, and the people that have stated they don't like any of the designs are somewhat of a small minority in comparison to those that do like them. If this assumption is wrong, then I do not feel like it is my fault. More people should have spoken up and expressed their opinions about the designs.

I have already cut into the coin production budget quite a bit by getting these designs made (I was originally going to use my own very simple design,) and for website design/development. As is, I will not be able to make the quantity or variety that I was originally planning on making. Any more funds spent on designing the coins could potentially cause them never to be made, or me abandoning the project because it is too expensive. Just because a few people don't like any of the designs, I am not going to let that hold the project back.

For those of you that don't like the designs, as long as the first batch is a success, I am planning on making different designs and coins in the future. Hopefully these will be ones you like, but I'm afraid you will have to wait for this to come to fruition, as I am going to use one of the designs I've already had made.

Thank you all for your opinions and interest, and I'm sorry I can't accommodate all of your druthers when it comes to the coin design. I don't like how you jumped to the conclusion that if I use these designs then that means I am just doing this for the money and profit, it is simply not true. Nor am I ignoring the clientele or customer base, but honestly the negative feedback has been small compared to the positive feedback. I want to see Litecoin developed and adopted to its fullest possibilities, and this is just a small step in reaching that goal. I think if each person in the community were to do a project for Litecoin as I am, there will be nothing standing in the way of the "end game" goal that I think most of us share for Litecoin.

Cheers,

Ch
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:29:35 PM

So, you want to create a physical currency, to represent a digital currency?

Correct  Smiley
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:31:57 PM

Grin Grin Grin

I may do preorders, but I am not certain yet. My original intent was to fund the project myself, however there have been unexpected expenses that I did not account for so this may not be possible. I will let everyone know soon.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:36:44 PM

Don't forget to put in an error in printing the first version, so that it becomes collectible.  Grin

I hope they become collectible regardless, however I cannot promise to mimick the error in the original casascius coins. First of all, I am a bit of a perfectionist. Secondly, I feel like its time for Litecoin to part from the image of being Bitcoin's little brother. Inherently this stigma will stick with Litecoin for a long time, but it is time we start looking into the future.  Smiley

I do think that would be funny though.  Grin Cheesy
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:54:04 PM

I can haz silver rounds upon release?
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3262

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 11:42:13 PM

I hope they become collectible regardless, however I cannot promise to mimick the error in the original casascius coins. First of all, I am a bit of a perfectionist. Secondly, I feel like its time for Litecoin to part from the image of being Bitcoin's little brother. Inherently this stigma will stick with Litecoin for a long time, but it is time we start looking into the future.  Smiley

The Series 1 Casascius coins are not valuable because there is an error (technically, it is not an error because it is on every coin of the series). They are valuable because they are different and rare. People mention the error only because it is the easy way to distinguish them from the other coins.

If you want to make the coins more collectible, you can change the design every so often (every year, for example). You don't have to misspell something. That's a dumb idea.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 11:45:45 PM

If you want to make the coins more collectible, you can change the design every so often (every year, for example). You don't have to fake an error. That's a dumb idea.

This is what I am planning on if this is a success. I will only make a certain amount of coins in the first batch, and this design will never be minted again.  Smiley

I can haz silver rounds upon release?

People really like their silver, many people have asked me this.  Smiley

Perhaps I will do preorders for silver coins, as they are a little bit out of my budget to make them on my own dime.
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:40:09 AM

You don't have to misspell something. That's a dumb idea.

Missing happiness in life ? Can't understand a joke ?  Grin
Tobius

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:42:33 AM

Please, take my money XD

These are really cool, looking forward to release!
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:15:09 PM

I expect that you've seen Casascius's aluminum coins thread & on his site

Aluminum "Strength in Numbers" Promo Coin (bag of about 500)
1.25 inches in diameter, blank back, does not include any bitcoins.
Print your own sticker for the back and use it as a business card, or print your own private key sticker and put bitcoins on it.
Price 1.5 btc which is 0.003 btc = 39 cents each approx atm.

Also see this post for more details, like silver, gold, other colours & finishes.

These being primarily light in weight & cheap to have manufactured I believe this would be an excellent & very fitting way to help promote Litecoin, they are most like the New Orleans Mardi Gras carnival coins & perhaps one of the krewes would be interested in incorporating this idea with having say the bulk of coins tossed to the crowd as just regular promotional ones, but maybe 100 or so having 0.1 ltc private keys inside, 10 with 1 ltc & 1 with 10 ltc or 100 ltc - however much they overall wished to give out, these coins become collectables too.

If no krewes were interested this would still be a great occasion to give out a bunch for promotional purposes & the following year there may well be more interest in virtual currency funded carnival float coins because of this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Orleans_Mardi_Gras

Examples of Mardi Gras coins & their designs.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:09:02 PM

I would really like a 1 oz Silver Litecoin, preferably with just 1 LTC  Tongue
Because, some day 1 LTC will equal the silver content, that will be awesome!  Cheesy

But if it's 10 LTC denomination I will also be a buyer. And then I'll buy an additional 1LTC coin, fo' s&g (Already have a 1BTC coin)
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:15:48 PM

Grin Grin Grin

I may do preorders, but I am not certain yet. My original intent was to fund the project myself, however there have been unexpected expenses that I did not account for so this may not be possible. I will let everyone know soon.
http://www.kickstarter.com/
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:19:15 PM

A website to facilitate orders is being built as I type this post.  Smiley

I think I am most likely going to use Zinodaur's design, and am expecting to begin production sometime next week.

Sorry for the delays. It has taken me longer to get everything organized than I thought it would.

Thanks for your interest.  Smiley
chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 11:19:34 PM

Count me as excited to see this happen! I'd love to buy 50-100 physical litecoins! (whatever the design ends up being... )
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:12:15 AM

If done right these collectible Litecoins can end up being more valuable than the non-physical Bitcoins. I could see these collectible coins selling on auction sites in 5 years going for x5 the price of buying Litecoins merely because it's the first physical Litecoins and if done right it's pure silver as well? Success. Zinodaurs models are great, I hope you're going with that.

Just offer a method to pre-order, we are waiting.
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:13:17 AM

wothless unless its  a silvercoin:)  lead.zink steel what ever  you make it wont be of any value:)
counterfiting wil  be greater than if one  forks up silver

Eventually it will be silver or even platinum but for now it has to be whatever he can afford.
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 03:40:20 PM

Count me in for a platinum order too!!! Smiley
SylTi

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:32:19 PM

People really like their silver, many people have asked me this.  Smiley

Perhaps I will do preorders for silver coins, as they are a little bit out of my budget to make them on my own dime.

Maybe you should try to get in touch with Max Keiser he is a bitcoin/silver/gold bug and has is own silver bullion brand.
He might be interested in participating in this kind of project.
http://rt.com/shows/keiser-report/
http://www.brotherjohnf.com/forum/Thread-Keiser-Ethical-Silver-rounds

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: