Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:31:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTC] [ANN] Physical Litecoins by CryptoVest (Project on hold)  (Read 12938 times)
syn999

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:33:30 PM

People really like their silver, many people have asked me this.  Smiley

Perhaps I will do preorders for silver coins, as they are a little bit out of my budget to make them on my own dime.

Maybe you should try to get in touch with Max Keiser he is a bitcoin/silver/gold bug and has is own silver bullion brand.
He might be interested in participating in this kind of project.
http://rt.com/shows/keiser-report/
http://www.brotherjohnf.com/forum/Thread-Keiser-Ethical-Silver-rounds

he never really talks about ltc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:12:11 PM

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your interest.

Otoh:

Thanks for the suggestion. Along with making coins, I have been planning on making a few other products involving putting Litecoins in a physical form. Some of those ideas include:
  • 1 LTC denominated chocolate coin, meant for gifts and to introduce people to Litecoin, not recommended for resale.
  • Fireproof/waterproof paper Litecoin wallets with QR codes, private keys secured by hologram
  • Adding the ability to assemble your own coins and paper wallets by generating addresses and private keys on your own computer, so that you don't have to trust a 3rd party
  • Non denominated coins or "savings bars" similar to casascius' version.

The possibilities are endless.  Smiley

I am trying to come up with creative ideas as to storing Litecoins in a physical form, let me know if anyone else has any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Ch
RATM69

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:50:15 PM

I like the one's in post #144 and #166 in this thread.

Just my 2 satoshi's
syn999

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:53:10 PM

got a date yet?

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:08:24 PM

Just my 2 satoshi's

Could be also, just my 2 charlies or 2 coblees - from LTC creator Charlie Lee

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:12:57 PM

got a date yet?

I'm apprehensive to give a date because then I'll feel bad if I don't make it.  Smiley

I may be able to provide a conservative estimate later this week.
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 04:51:08 AM

Just my 2 satoshi's

Lol. love it.

CH - I'm still loving zinodaur's design the best, especially the black on silver. Easily the most professional looking submission.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 05:40:58 AM

Just my 2 satoshi's

Lol. love it.

CH - I'm still loving zinodaur's design the best, especially the black on silver. Easily the most professional looking submission.

I'll be making an official announcement as to the design later this week. I have made a decision as to which design to use, however I changed the mechanics of the design after receiving some advice and would like to get it finalized before announcing anything.

I was originally planning on printing the Litecoin address of the coin directly on top of the hologram. I was advised against this because the address may wear off due to excessive wear (carrying it around in your pocket or wallet, etc.) The new design will be similar to how Casascius does his coins nowadays, with a window in the hologram containing the Litecoin address underneath it on the coin insert, and the private key printed on the opposite side.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 10:50:30 PM

Just my 2 satoshi's

Lol. love it.

I'll be making an official announcement as to the design later this week. I have made a decision as to which design to use, however I changed the mechanics of the design after receiving some advice and would like to get it finalized before announcing anything.

I was originally planning on printing the Litecoin address of the coin directly on top of the hologram. I was advised against this because the address may wear off due to excessive wear (carrying it around in your pocket or wallet, etc.) The new design will be similar to how Casascius does his coins nowadays, with a window in the hologram containing the Litecoin address underneath it on the coin insert, and the private key printed on the opposite side.

Seems neat, I'm in for about 500 LTC worth of the first batch.
TheSwede75

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 02:08:50 PM

I wish you would start accepting pre-orders ASAP. I wouldn't mind securing a roll of 1/5/10 LTC coins from first batch. Would be way easier then having to check the thread every day..
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:38:56 PM

Hi everyone,

After all this I have decided not to make the coins. I spent too much time organizing things and polling the public for their opinions, that it seems that someone else has beaten me to the punch and made their own physical Litecoins. This was a surprise to me, seeing as though this person never made an announcement or anything. I can't honestly take my investors money (over $10k) and use it on this project knowing that there will be competition and that his ROI will likely take a large hit. Believe me, no one is more upset with this turn of events than I am, I have spent over a thousand dollars on design and programming a custom program to generate/print addresses, and most of my free time the past few months has gone into planning or organizing some part of this.

Thank you all for your interest,

Ch
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:57:35 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2013, 09:50:36 PM by Otoh

Wow, very sorry to hear this, though along with not going down the pre-order path it does help to confirm your integrity, if you & your backer/s do decide to launch a physical LTC any time, there may well be room for two or more manufacturers in this market, then you already have a lot of goodwill, best of luck & hope to hear more in the future re this &/or other projects.

dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:31:05 PM

Hi everyone,

After all this I have decided not to make the coins. I spent too much time organizing things and polling the public for their opinions, that it seems that someone else has beaten me to the punch and made their own physical Litecoins. This was a surprise to me, seeing as though this person never made an announcement or anything. I can't honestly take my investors money (over $10k) and use it on this project knowing that there will be competition and that his ROI will likely take a large hit. Believe me, no one is more upset with this turn of events than I am, I have spent over a thousand dollars on design and programming a custom program to generate/print addresses, and most of my free time the past few months has gone into planning or organizing some part of this.

Ch

Undecided

Thx for your effort!

I'll donate a small ammount:)

Is this your BTC address: 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc     ?
(I also have LTC, but rather keep it Wink )
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:10:36 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2013, 09:36:47 PM by CoinHoarder

Wow, very sorry to hear this, though along with not going down the pre-order path it does help to confirm your integrity, if you & your backers do decide to launch a physical LTC some time in the future, there may well be room for two or more manufacturers in this market, then you already have a lot of goodwill, best of luck & hope to hear more in the future re this &/or other projects.

Cheers Otoh,

I assure you it was never my intent to scam, I only wanted to make something neat for Litecoin that didn't exist yet. Another part of me feels that my time would be better spent working on creating another product/service that doesn't exist and building upon the Litecoin infrastructure, rather than competing with someone from the community working on a similar project.

Undecided

Thx for your effort!

I'll donate a small ammount:)

Is this your BTC address: 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc     ?
(I also have LTC, but rather keep it Wink )

That's not necessary, but I won't stop you.  Smiley

I'm not sure where you found that address- I don't recognize it, but here is my BTC hot wallet: 1PeMQ6epzs9FWynK8ds7tAwJviAi9rLn9G

Thanks a lot.  Grin
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:36:05 PM

I agree that it was never your intent to scam, just saying that this helps to confirm that.

@dnaleor lol, that's my BTC sig address, it's a black hole Tongue

coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:41:48 PM

Hi everyone,

Ch

CoinHoarder, I'm sad to hear this. Would you reconsider? The other party seems to be making silver litecoins. I assume yours won't be silver so would be cheaper. Not everyone wants to pay the premium for a silver coin. So I'm sure you will have demand that's not met by these other coins.

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:57:02 PM

I will think it over some more Coblee.

I admit sometimes I am quick to make a decision or say something without really thinking things over as thoroughly I should.

It's hard to say no to the creator of Litecoin, you are seriously like a God to me... minus the praying and church stuff. Well.. OK, maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration, however I do hold a great deal of respect for you. Smiley
TheSwede75

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:51:46 PM

I admit sometimes I am quick to make a decision or say something without really thinking things over as thoroughly I should.

It's hard to say no to the creator of Litecoin, you are seriously like a God to me... minus the praying and church stuff. Well.. OK, maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration, however I do hold a great deal of respect for you. Smiley

Who is this other seller? Source?
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 11:06:13 PM

Who is this other seller? Source?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=232777.0;all

My apologies guys, the project is on hold for the time being.

That doesn't mean I won't change my mind at some point in the future but for now I am holding off.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3208

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:35:34 AM

His coins are different. They are silver. Some people will want his. Some people will want yours. Some people will want both.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: