Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:51:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Having a hard time finding a place to buy bitcoins? Look no futhur...  (Read 2934 times)
BlueBanderBear

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:07:04 PM

I'm still waiting for my confirmation of my 1BTC but as seeing Battmann was nothing but professional, I don't doubt it will come through! I recommend him for getting your first coin. Smiley Cheers!
JonSnow

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:13:15 PM

No need to worry - he'll come through.
WilderedB

Activity: 93

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:32:47 PM

I can certainly share one of the above poster's frustrations. I decided tonight I would buy $100 worth of a coin...

It's now gone 4AM here and I've read a lot, seen some videos and poked at various buttons but nope, I still have no BTC.

It doesn't help that I'm from the UK with a UK bank account while currently living in Malaysia. That often causes problems with dollars or pounds via normal merchants, so I'm more than a little hesitant to even start, as I'm so damn convinced it's gonna go wrong anyway.

I found one place that gave nice instructions, with screenshots and everything, so signed up with yet another website (how many today??) and then found the process didn't look  the same as the how-to, so again that hesitation, the FUD.

Also tried offering my services (I'm a sales copywriter) on the 'trade' wiki thing; I give up trying to figure out how the heck you edit that. Then I read on here somewhere you have to pay, with bitcoins, to edit it? So to earn bitcoins I need to pay with bitcoins? Thanks guys, that's brilliant. I mean, why on Earth did it never occur to me that to edit a wiki I need to find some hidden payment page and pay with the currency that I don't have? It was so obvious!

Sarcasm aside, it's great of you to offer this service dude, though right now it really is gone 4AM and I really can't be asked - and I have a lot to catch up on tomorrow.

Right now I'm reminded of what a doubter called them on some article someplace "bitchcoins"....

AC
battmann (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

I am a student of programming and design.

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:45:08 PM

I sent you a couple emails from "kamk...".  I haven't heard back from you since I signed up for a wallet, so I hope you don't think I'm a scammer.  I can provide anything you'd like that will prove that I am just a guy trying to get started with a half coin. 
John

The reason is because the email name provided is "Kathy K." and you sign it "John"

Sorry but its little things like that, and a few others, that make me weary to deal with a newbie.

Sorry, its nothing personal. Just personal protection.
-battmann
battmann (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:46:46 PM

I sent you an email

I will get to you as soon as I can Smiley
-battmann
SilverandBitcoins

Activity: 187

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:12:43 PM

I sent you a couple emails from "kamk...".  I haven't heard back from you since I signed up for a wallet, so I hope you don't think I'm a scammer.  I can provide anything you'd like that will prove that I am just a guy trying to get started with a half coin. 
John

The reason is because the email name provided is "Kathy K." and you sign it "John"

Sorry but its little things like that, and a few others, that make me weary to deal with a newbie.

Sorry, its nothing personal. Just personal protection.
-battmann

Sorry that you are not comfortable.  Kathy is my girlfriend.  I guess I'll try eBay (where I've had 100% positive feedback for years).  I know they are way over-priced, but I'm desperate since my goal is go get this done today - I have to work a lot of hours starting tomorrow and won't have time to work on this.  Getting Bitcoins is Much more time-consuming and complicated then I ever imagined it would be.  There is a "mad rush" into bitcoins right now (a super bull market) and I feel if I don't rush to buy my first coin/half-coin it will cost a heck of a lot more if I wait another week.  Thanks anyway and I'm at least glad that you're helping others who are newbies.  John

Cause, I aint proud - BTC: 1DyXSR8nsB56yhTUhR5HMKLzB6UpytiWnK
bitcoinscanada

Activity: 108

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:49:40 PM

Who can afford to buy a whole coin these days?  Wink

Canadians, buy 0.5 BTC here Bitcoins Canada
battmann (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:57:56 PM

Just one coin left!  Wink
battmann (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:21:55 AM

Only a small bit left if you still want some! Then gone forever this is
kejoabtc

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:52:55 AM

Sent you an email, hope you still have some available.
battmann (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:58:37 AM

Sent you an email, hope you still have some available.

Responded. If kejobtc decides to take the deal then I will be out of coins. I hope everyone is happy, and I am glad I was able to help some newbies get their first bitcoin!
BIT4BRAIN

Activity: 118

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:21:48 AM

Great Idea, I've been awake since 6am (it's 2pm now) trying to buy a bitcoin from the uk and all I found are inflated prices that require some sort of verification or the other and mtgox that wan'ts me to pay a big wire fee.

I emailed you.  Smiley

transferwise your add below your post doesnt work?  or why dont u use it

฿it 4 ฿rain : ฿itcoin
BIT4BRAIN

Activity: 118

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:22:23 AM

I am really getting frustrated, I have been surfing the internet all day and watching youtube videos and still cannot figure out how to buy some damn bitcoins (very pissed off by now Angry ).

I want to use my credit card or bank account to buy some bitcoins and cannot figure out how to easily do this. It is really frustrating!

It seems like MT.GOX want you to jump through a thousand hoops to buy anything and do not simply accept a credit card or bank account purchase like any normal person. (am i missing something) I have been all over their website and cannot figure it out.  Huh

I registered with coinbase.com several days ago but every day I go on their site they have a message that says "We've exceeded our normal buy limits for today." and every time I go on their site for the past few days this message is there.

I am getting more and more pissed off about this. there is tuns of stuff on line about what to do with bitcoins when you got them and how to buy more bit coins when you have added funds to your acount but nothing I can find about how to add funds to an account to buy those bitcoins with. Tongue

Please can someone tell me what I am doing wrong or missing...

Thanks!

Are you in the USA? Message me

฿it 4 ฿rain : ฿itcoin
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:51:24 AM

Very cool of you to help people get their feet wet with some bit coinage, I know I appreciated the help   Wink
battmann (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:18:35 AM

Very cool of you to help people get their feet wet with some bit coinage, I know I appreciated the help   Wink

Not a problem at all my friend. It's what I do.
jgroden

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:40:18 AM

Well I can say that my transaction was smooth.  As soon as I provided my payment verification and my bitcoin address it was registered in blockchain.info
tobobit

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:22:17 AM

nooo I missed it.
MTGOX is giving me the run around, and okpay too.
I can't verify anywhere
battmann (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:45:02 AM

nooo I missed it.
MTGOX is giving me the run around, and okpay too.
I can't verify anywhere

Sorry. If there is a next time ill be sure to let you know.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:33:41 AM

I can certainly share one of the above poster's frustrations. I decided tonight I would buy $100 worth of a coin...

It's now gone 4AM here and I've read a lot, seen some videos and poked at various buttons but nope, I still have no BTC.

It doesn't help that I'm from the UK with a UK bank account while currently living in Malaysia. That often causes problems with dollars or pounds via normal merchants, so I'm more than a little hesitant to even start, as I'm so damn convinced it's gonna go wrong anyway.

I found one place that gave nice instructions, with screenshots and everything, so signed up with yet another website (how many today??) and then found the process didn't look  the same as the how-to, so again that hesitation, the FUD.

Also tried offering my services (I'm a sales copywriter) on the 'trade' wiki thing; I give up trying to figure out how the heck you edit that. Then I read on here somewhere you have to pay, with bitcoins, to edit it? So to earn bitcoins I need to pay with bitcoins? Thanks guys, that's brilliant. I mean, why on Earth did it never occur to me that to edit a wiki I need to find some hidden payment page and pay with the currency that I don't have? It was so obvious!

Sarcasm aside, it's great of you to offer this service dude, though right now it really is gone 4AM and I really can't be asked - and I have a lot to catch up on tomorrow.

Right now I'm reminded of what a doubter called them on some article someplace "bitchcoins"....

AC

Who told you that you need to pay to edit the wiki? You can advertise services here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=52.0
Meow

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:02:00 AM

Well my e-mail got ignored  Undecided
Anyway, that was a cool idea & I hope it encourages more of this cuz I am still trying to buy my first bitcoin!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: