Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:25:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 344 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🎥 PureVidz.net: Decentralized Streaming WebTorrents 🎥 VIDZ - Trading Now 🎥  (Read 323657 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Pure_Vidz (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 08:52:55 PM

I just took a peek and it seems we have over 90 movies approved on the site since the switch to ipfs! Very happy to see so many people adopting the new protocol! As promised earlier in the thread, as we finish doing our ipfs integration tests and looking for possible flaws in the system, we will then be posting a full tutorial on how to set up your own IPFS node!

I would love to see a Total Views number or Average Daily Views in the PureVidz header (to start, eventually Leaderboards)...
It's a central marketing tool for the likes of YouTube and McDonalds (billions of hamburgers served)...
Though some content (like Babadook with 2000 views) would have to be adjusted.

Likes dislikes and total views are part of the most recent update to the site. As the system evolves and improves we will be looking to integrate these stats more directly into the service - that will be part of the UI update coming in mid Feb though as we need to give the site time to populate the data before we use it for anything more than raw stats.

At the moment we are only approving IPFS additions but that will soon change. Keep in mind that torrents and IPFS function very much the same in terms of p2p distribution and connections. As such, well so we strongly recommend using a VPN if you are in a country with more strict copyright laws.

<edit>

I just took a peek and it seems we have over 90 movies approved on the site since the switch to ipfs! Very happy to see so many people adopting the new protocol! As promised earlier in the thread, as we finish doing our ipfs integration tests and looking for possible flaws in the system, we will then be posting a full tutorial on how to set up your own IPFS node!
Hi Purevidz,

Will it be possible to integrate subtitles in the movies?

Thx

Subtitles are not part of the scope of the initial project but is still something we are looking to tackle. HTML5 <Video> tag only supports WebVTT subtitles which provides a barrier for us natively supporting them for all items. We are looking at options for how to tackle that but it is not something I would expect us to work on before the full 1.0 release of the site. Subtitles will primarily become important with foreign movie and anime series support which has the added issue of having less sources to pull accurate metadata from (title, description, air date, etc)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thefrolly

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 08:53:27 PM

I would love to see a Total Views number or Average Daily Views in the PureVidz header (to start, eventually Leaderboards)...
It's a central marketing tool for the likes of YouTube and McDonalds (billions of hamburgers served)...

something like that could be done in slack or sth. that posts it on daily bases but i wouldnt put it on the site

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 09:36:57 PM

something like that could be done in slack or sth. that posts it on daily bases but i wouldnt put it on the site

24 Hour Views Estimate
----------------------

Jan 28................. 500
Jan 29................. 900

major_coiner

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 09:40:08 PM

Likes dislikes and total views are part of the most recent update to the site. As the system evolves and improves we will be looking to integrate these stats more directly into the service - that will be part of the UI update coming in mid Feb though as we need to give the site time to populate the data before we use it for anything more than raw stats.

At the moment we are only approving IPFS additions but that will soon change. Keep in mind that torrents and IPFS function very much the same in terms of p2p distribution and connections. As such, well so we strongly recommend using a VPN if you are in a country with more strict copyright laws.

<edit>

Hi Purevidz,

Thx

Subtitles are not part of the scope of the initial project but is still something we are looking to tackle. HTML5 <Video> tag only supports WebVTT subtitles which provides a barrier for us natively supporting them for all items. We are looking at options for how to tackle that but it is not something I would expect us to work on before the full 1.0 release of the site. Subtitles will primarily become important with foreign movie and anime series support which has the added issue of having less sources to pull accurate metadata from (title, description, air date, etc)

Thanks for your reply. It would be awesome to have any subtitles option sooner or later. Many potential users are not English native speakers but would be interested in using this platform as an alternative to netflix and other similar platforms, which movies and tv series catalogs are very limited depending on the country, as is the case of mine, Spain. Here, if you want the entire Netflix catalog, you need to pay for an additional VPN to access the US catalog (which is like 8-10 times bigger). Many more non English-speaker users would interested in movies in English if subtitles were available, I think.

Anyway, the project looks awesome and the catalog is great. Keep up the good work!
YAdaminer

Activity: 829
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 09:41:15 PM

anyone who is dumping VIDZ should really go and use the site first......

This is going to be fucking huge.....

Yes, it will be huge, they are also aware of that but they can't wait for huge move so they'll dump for 2x cause they placed all their eggs in other basket LOL
They'll also call us suckers and ask us to dump with them so they could buy back.
I guess devs and community are guilty because they dared not to pump VIDZ at least 10x so they could dump with biger profit.
No offense but we are dealing with some true masterminds.
 Wink

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2017, 09:45:33 PM

One of the escrows here. I'm happy to see things are going straight forward and I like to see that the devs are actively developing the site so the next 25% for the next milesteps were released to the issuer.

Just as a side-note. I personally highly back up having subtitles added for several languages because I hate, and I mean hate, movies where scenes are cut out. A person is dead suddenly and no one saw what happened. This is unbelievably annoying so I personally like to see movies in original with subtitles. Not the best to learn other languages but still better than being annoyed by cut-out scenes.

I'm eager to see how this develops and I like to see devs being dedicated.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
bobvidz

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 10:13:54 PM

<edit>

Hi Purevidz,

Thx

Noticed slower streaming after the latest movies upload, dunno if some else noticed, or is it just me, worried about scaling though, but 90 approved movies is great goo vidz
Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 10:45:12 PM

One of the escrows here. I'm happy to see things are going straight forward and I like to see that the devs are actively developing the site so the next 25% for the next milesteps were released to the issuer.

Just as a side-note. I personally highly back up having subtitles added for several languages because I hate, and I mean hate, movies where scenes are cut out. A person is dead suddenly and no one saw what happened. This is unbelievably annoying so I personally like to see movies in original with subtitles. Not the best to learn other languages but still better than being annoyed by cut-out scenes.

I'm eager to see how this develops and I like to see devs being dedicated.

For me its not that important to have subtitles because English is my first language but it does seem to matter to a lot of others so I think the devs should look into it for those that are wanting to watch with subtitles.
ankylotic

Activity: 477
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 10:51:20 PM

Its actually really important for adoption, for example when a video is promoted on youtube.... with subtitles you can increase your viewership by double or more at times. But it is still early in the game, they can think of implementing it later on.
Sourgummies

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 11:00:26 PM

Just looked at the chart. Looks the the whales are shaking people out. Be careful guys. Make sure your hands are tight or you'll miss the real party.
ankylotic

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 11:02:43 PM

I am noticing buffering during the shows more often now. Just a heads up to the devs.
Pure_Vidz (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 11:02:56 PM

Noticed slower streaming after the latest movies upload, dunno if some else noticed, or is it just me, worried about scaling though, but 90 approved movies is great goo vidz

I am noticing buffering during the shows more often now. Just a heads up to the devs.

Currently we are doing a rough load balancing system to improve redundancy and to run some internal tests. When a file is requested you are assigned to a random IPFS node (this distributes the requests across all nodes added to the network) but if the file does not start playing within 10 seconds it will switch to a different node (it assumes that the node being used is either too busy to serve the file at a satisfactory speed or else it is offline for some unforseen reason).

This is not something we plan to do permanently but rather something that allows our site to track node uptime and balance out requests across all nodes added. Moving forward we will be rolling out a much more comprehensive load balancing system which will cache 'known' nodes to forward you to the best node for the file you're requesting to make sure it is served quickly and reliably. Consider the current settings to be a debug mode for us to gather data.

Nodes in IPFS act much like a tracker does with torrents. When you request a hash from a node, it checks for parts of that file within peers (users and other nodes connected to it) and then serves it to you. Pushing all users to a single node would NOT be decentralized and is what we want to avoid. Instead we are running some of our own nodes, adding nodes run by our users and contacting existing ipfs nodes to ask if they are willing to join in our site. So far the response has been very good but we are still focusing on the underlying stability of the system rather than pushing for it to function at optimal speeds. Better to work kinks out now than when the site has grown and has thousands or millions of people trying to view items.
ankylotic

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 11:11:19 PM

Amazing response time and ever more impressive of a technical explanation. VIDZ is awesome. I just cannot imagine the amount of kids and people that will enjoy watching free movies online. This is going to go viral fast. So definitely need to work out the scalability 
CryptoRambler

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 11:20:22 PM

Amazing response time and ever more impressive of a technical explanation. VIDZ is awesome. I just cannot imagine the amount of kids and people that will enjoy watching free movies online. This is going to go viral fast. So definitely need to work out the scalability 

I am impressed with web access to movies for sure. VIDZ is set for growth
Sourgummies

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 11:22:38 PM

Viral is the right word. Once its fully tested and ready for the public its not like the 100+ of us on the thread are not going to be screaming about purevidz to everyone we know, on every thread we know, all over the trollboxes and on our social media. I even already told me 12 year old nephew about it and he has had it bookmarked on his computer for a few weeks. Not sure if he watched anything yet but im going to text him now and ask.
CryptoRambler

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 12:04:59 AM

Hey devs, whats the secret to the light wallet?

Definitely one of the fastest syncing wallets I have used!

Cheers!
RobertDeNiro

I purchase Robert DeNiro Memorabilia

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 12:24:14 AM

24 Hour Views Estimate
----------------------

Jan 28................. 500
Jan 29................. 900

Where did you see that on the site. I cant seem to find those numbers.

plost24

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 12:52:13 AM

All the new movies is crazy, I cant even keep up with the amount of new ones being added. Every time I finish watching one 5 new ones appear and out of the 5 at least 1-2 I'm going to watch. Cheesy

Already I can tell purevidz is going to be a leader in this space. I just clicked on Reservoir dogs and it started playing INSTANTLY. Not even 1 second to buffer. I've never seen anything like this before including Netflix and crave.

Amazing job devs, Seriously amazing job!

http://purevidz.net/Dashboard/PlayTorrent/1830 Reservoir Dogs.

"You shoot me in a dream you better wake up and apologize"

For rent 1.4 Bitcoin for 11 months starting Feb 1 2017
Sourgummies

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 01:07:59 AM

All the new movies is crazy, I cant even keep up with the amount of new ones being added. Every time I finish watching one 5 new ones appear and out of the 5 at least 1-2 I'm going to watch. Cheesy

Already I can tell purevidz is going to be a leader in this space. I just clicked on Reservoir dogs and it started playing INSTANTLY. Not even 1 second to buffer. I've never seen anything like this before including Netflix and crave.

Amazing job devs, Seriously amazing job!

http://purevidz.net/Dashboard/PlayTorrent/1830 Reservoir Dogs.

"You shoot me in a dream you better wake up and apologize"

Great vid! I'll watch it tonight!
ankylotic

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 01:10:32 AM

Come join slack guys, message vidzwhale

hi guys
I suggest everyone to enter into vidz Channel

the community is large

vidztoken.slack.com

pm me your email

now there are 18 registered users

remember only who have 1 million vidz can enter into the private channel #whaleclub
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 344 »
  Print  

Jump to: