Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:06:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: You should never trust banks  (Read 60716 times)
Deep In The Mines LLC

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 10:05:43 PM

Depends on where you are, some of the banks in the USA are FDIC protected so you probably won't lose all your money, but as always tread carefully and split your money between banks until we are less reliant on them, that way if you lose money, you don't  lose all of it.

Maybe invest some of it in Bitcoin too while you are at it.

As long as you don't have physical/direct access to your Cash, you should be ready for the risk of it dissapering, althrough its unlikely to happen its still something to be aware of.

Deep In The Mines LLC Cryptocurrency miners, power supplies, breakout boards and accessories!

Authorized Biostar and Silverstone Reseller.
dhampir-D

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 10:10:12 PM

Should I never trust banks? I don't think so. As I notice here in our country, banks are very useful. They have their clients and customers continue using their service everyday. I have no reason to not trust banks. I know they are legit to operate.
The truth is that this depends on the bank, and depends on the country where the bank is located. There are governments that have a lot of influence over banks, and can confiscate funds very easily. So I think using banks is standard, and that's fine. The problem occurs when the user puts all the funds in the bank.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 10:22:00 PM

Yes, the current bank system is full of corruption and arbitrary rules against users. I have also faced several abuses from banks and I have learned to hate them, avoiding to manage my money through this fake system. In Mexico the money of all clients is protected by government, but all citizens are forced to pay this insurance through our taxes.
Skarner21

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Massive price drop coming...

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 11:16:25 PM

Yes, the current bank system is full of corruption and arbitrary rules against users. I have also faced several abuses from banks and I have learned to hate them, avoiding to manage my money through this fake system. In Mexico the money of all clients is protected by government, but all citizens are forced to pay this insurance through our taxes.
This is not the same in my places honestly banks is most trusted here to save our money for a long time..
Government we can consider it as corrupted almost all countries are experience of corruption.
Maybe in other countries they are also experience of bad about banks..

Make crypto as your bank.
salmanahmedone

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 04:20:18 AM

My bank closed my account last year for no reason, and all money in my account was gone. I argued with the bank, even contacted the local government, no use. My bank just stated that "Pursuant to the CMA Disclosure and Agreement, 'THE BANK, at its discretion, may elect not to accept an account, terminate the account agreement and the account agreements of any related parties'. Both parties to the agreements have the right to end the relationship at any time and neither is obliged to provide a basis for such a decision to terminate". No single word explaing the termination was given to me. I contacted all banking lawyers online, and they were all representing the bank, not the customers. The money I lost can buy a new Mercedes. However, banks around the world now are too powerful. They are too big to fail. When you open an account in the United States, and probably also many other countries, you voluntarily give up the rights to sue the bank under their arbitrage clause. Even worse, they define the financial laws and enforce them. They can close your account, freeze and steal your property and evict you from your house. The more money you deposit into your bank account, the more you are helping the evil. I'm glad to see Bitcoin is changing all of these. Let banks die!

There is never no reason, there is always a reason. So just be honest they you was doing some shady shit and got found out.

Yeah Right, you should not keep secret of the details you gave to them,the bank in our country is in good terms, maybe you violated some rules which you do not know a the very first.
michellee

Activity: 2814
Merit: 843

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 04:43:35 PM

Should I never trust banks? I don't think so. As I notice here in our country, banks are very useful. They have their clients and customers continue using their service everyday. I have no reason to not trust banks. I know they are legit to operate.
Yeah actually banks that were most helpful to the user and the current bitcoin. I'm sure that you get the income bitcoin and then converted to a fiat, you will need the help of the bank to take the money?
the bank is very useful

Banks play an important role in society. We still can not do without them. Just as we can not live without fiat. I trust banks and keep the money in the accounts

this is because people still using fiat in the country he live and as long as fiat is known by mostly people, then banks is still getting trusted from the member but if the bank work is not good, then people will not believe and trust the banks. i do trust bank because i make a saving my bank and i am waiting for the payment in each month.

Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 04:52:24 PM

This is not the same in my places honestly banks is most trusted here to save our money for a long time..
Government we can consider it as corrupted almost all countries are experience of corruption.
Maybe in other countries they are also experience of bad about banks..

Same here, though we can always hear or know that there is corruption in government but i personally have never heard of anything like this about a bank in my country where a client is faked or screwed like this as mentioned in OP.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 05:45:49 PM

Yeah actually banks that were most helpful to the user and the current bitcoin. I'm sure that you get the income bitcoin and then converted to a fiat, you will need the help of the bank to take the money?
the bank is very useful

Banks play an important role in society. We still can not do without them. Just as we can not live without fiat. I trust banks and keep the money in the accounts

this is because people still using fiat in the country he live and as long as fiat is known by mostly people, then banks is still getting trusted from the member but if the bank work is not good, then people will not believe and trust the banks. i do trust bank because i make a saving my bank and i am waiting for the payment in each month.
If people knew better they'd start keeping their money in safes and/or deposit boxes instead of bank accounts. With the new bankruptcy rules the government can seize your deposits and there's nothing you can do. Banks are not safe places, they can be robbed just like that by the very government you, as the citizen have elected and as a taxpayer are supporting.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 06:50:32 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2016, 07:49:04 PM by deisik

the bank is very useful

If people knew better they'd start keeping their money in safes and/or deposit boxes instead of bank accounts. With the new bankruptcy rules the government can seize your deposits and there's nothing you can do. Banks are not safe places, they can be robbed just like that by the very government you, as the citizen have elected and as a taxpayer are supporting.

There is nothing that I would want to disagree with

But if we are not talking about Bitcoin and Bitcoin users who do have a choice after all, ordinary people don't have that at all since they are effectively cornered by the government. The government can seize their deposits, but keeping money under the mattress (or in safes and deposit boxes) doesn't make much sense either since the government can just as easily strip the money off of its value and purchasing power. Indeed, they are more often doing that gradually, not abruptly, but I guess these two groups of events (deposits seizures and money devaluations) are pretty well balanced in the long run, with no real choice therewith

Kray

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 07:24:28 PM

I'm not fully agree with your statement. We still need bank to help us in some condition. I will not trust a bank for investing and bussines, in other way i still trust them.
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 07:47:04 PM

Its funny my mothern went into the bank, where she and my father had savings, the bank said to her she had a debit, she went search and there is nothing, soo then sended her to the main bank to try to figure what is those debit about. Its funny since those bank hasnt send any letter to warn about those, and the paper she uses shows a positive balance without any debit. This just make me think twice if i wish to use those bank in the future or not, banks arent trusted as they promote to be.
ivan.daineko23

Activity: 258

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 07:49:26 PM

My bank closed my account last year for no reason, and all money in my account was gone. I argued with the bank, even contacted the local government, no use. My bank just stated that "Pursuant to the CMA Disclosure and Agreement, 'THE BANK, at its discretion, may elect not to accept an account, terminate the account agreement and the account agreements of any related parties'. Both parties to the agreements have the right to end the relationship at any time and neither is obliged to provide a basis for such a decision to terminate". No single word explaing the termination was given to me. I contacted all banking lawyers online, and they were all representing the bank, not the customers. The money I lost can buy a new Mercedes. However, banks around the world now are too powerful. They are too big to fail. When you open an account in the United States, and probably also many other countries, you voluntarily give up the rights to sue the bank under their arbitrage clause. Even worse, they define the financial laws and enforce them. They can close your account, freeze and steal your property and evict you from your house. The more money you deposit into your bank account, the more you are helping the evil. I'm glad to see Bitcoin is changing all of these. Let banks die!
Oh wow Man, I'm sorry. Damn, I do not even know how to respond to such information. Before, I was afraid to take a loan, so as not to give away all the property because of the debt, but keep the money yet dared without problems.
manyuta

Activity: 152

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 08:06:59 PM

Its funny my mothern went into the bank, where she and my father had savings, the bank said to her she had a debit, she went search and there is nothing, soo then sended her to the main bank to try to figure what is those debit about. Its funny since those bank hasnt send any letter to warn about those, and the paper she uses shows a positive balance without any debit. This just make me think twice if i wish to use those bank in the future or not, banks arent trusted as they promote to be.
The banking system is aimed primarily to keep in check those who produce it earns. Therefore, the bank people have nothing good to expect. Nevertheless, everyone knows everything and still go to the banks and put their head in a vise.
kwuccduck

Activity: 138

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 08:29:05 PM

I'm not fully agree with your statement. We still need bank to help us in some condition. I will not trust a bank for investing and bussines, in other way i still trust them.
The fact that banks are another world evil and it knows everything. But to answer as it is now to live without them, no one will answer. And wages and even public utilities bills, still swaying with the help of banks. We can not live without them.
lilit

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 08:53:06 PM

From these banks really want to have somewhere to hide and hide his family. My wife has already gained so much credit, I do not know what to do, or to leave the family to flee to another country. Lol

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
vasrasus

Activity: 946

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 12:47:52 AM

Same case happened with my friend, the bank gave the reason that she has not maintained minimum average balance during some period. Bank not only deducted all of her balance but when we checked the balance, it was showing negative. Fortunately, she was having less than $100 in it but still it was her money and deducting it without notice is a pure steal, she said. Would  like to learn more about your case, are you still fighting it?

Experienced it also when I reached the minimum amount that the card might have . My account then closed because its too late that I found that I reach the balance. Though I was informed first but I forgot that when I'm in cashing out.some banks they send notifications in anything that the account owner will do before doing anything on it.

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
choppork

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 01:09:56 PM

What was the ending of your story? You just thought twice about using banks and that was it? How about the bank account of your mother? I'm sure it's just some mistake. Banks are operated by people and people do mistakes every day. No one's perfect. You can use the papers of your mother to show that you actually still have balance left and you haven't had any debit.

But the possibility that your mother has forgotten about some debit that she made. Or her account got hacked or got secretly used by someone. There's a lot of possibilities so you should give us the ending of your story.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
lol3c

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 03:42:32 PM

Here is my story: in my country, there was the man who work for the government open a bank which promise to provide a higher interest than other banks. And then, unsurprisingly, he shut down his bank system and take away all the money he obtain. He run away with about more than 1000000$. Luckily, he have been caught recently but sadly, he will stay in jail for only 10 years without returning the money to victims
choppork

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 06:17:44 PM

Here is my story: in my country, there was the man who work for the government open a bank which promise to provide a higher interest than other banks. And then, unsurprisingly, he shut down his bank system and take away all the money he obtain. He run away with about more than 1000000$. Luckily, he have been caught recently but sadly, he will stay in jail for only 10 years without returning the money to victims

Seems like this one followed one of the most basic concepts of scamming people. It goes like:

1. Offer something more than other people or other company is offering at the moment.
2. Let people hype up the idea and convince them that everything you're saying is true.
3. Once you got the your target amount, start having problems and issues.
4. Run away.

By your post, "there was a man", it seems like the guy is just someone that you haven't heard of before and just came out of nowhere offering those. You don't even know his name. I think what has happened was a real life ponzi scam. I wonder where all those money went. But I think it's on the government's hands now. Poor people, they weren't aware of things like ponzis and so they invested.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 06:33:12 PM

Seems like this one followed one of the most basic concepts of scamming people. It goes like:

1. Offer something more than other people or other company is offering at the moment.
2. Let people hype up the idea and convince them that everything you're saying is true.
3. Once you got the your target amount, start having problems and issues.
4. Run away.

By your post, "there was a man", it seems like the guy is just someone that you haven't heard of before and just came out of nowhere offering those. You don't even know his name. I think what has happened was a real life ponzi scam. I wonder where all those money went. But I think it's on the government's hands now. Poor people, they weren't aware of things like ponzis and so they invested.
That is why i do not trust any site that  offering a good or high offer than the other better to stay even a small that we can sure that it is more safe than offering high..  like in ponzi that they are offering without work just to invest you can earn.. everyweek but they are just faking and run after they get their goal..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: