Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:22:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ADL] Adel | Startup Incubator for Blockchain Innovation  (Read 44120 times)
Adelphoi

Activity: 592
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2016, 09:42:12 AM

To be straight up, id just like to see the team together in the boardroom on a video conference with potential investors such as myself. Will you be able to get a q&a going in video anytime soon?

If the hype is early then there is time to maybe work something like out.  I second the request.

Thanks for your interest in Adel. Since the team is spread around the world, getting the team in one location would not be feasible. However, we are planning to have an open web seminar in February 2017, with selected team members, and then have a Q&A session afterwards. It's all about timing, and it's too early to have such an event, since we only launched Adel yesterday. We will be releasing details throughout the next three months, so many questions will be answered in our materials, while at the same time, more interested parties will learn of our activities. A lot of questions will be addressed in our white paper series, which will likely satisfy 80% of everyone's inquiries. The Adel Board is also planning to attend and speak at some blockchain events and interested parties are more than welcome to attend and meet them in person. Once we have these events confirmed, we'll announce them, right away.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2016, 09:46:52 AM

To be straight up, id just like to see the team together in the boardroom on a video conference with potential investors such as myself. Will you be able to get a q&a going in video anytime soon?

If the hype is early then there is time to maybe work something like out.  I second the request.

Thanks for your interest in Adel. Since the team is spread around the world, getting the team in one location would not be feasible. However, we are planning to have an open web seminar in February 2017, with selected team members, and then have a Q&A session afterwards. It's all about timing, and it's too early to have such an event, since we only launched Adel yesterday. We will be releasing details throughout the next three months, so many questions will be answered in our materials, while at the same time, more interested parties will learn of our activities. A lot of questions will be addressed in our white paper series, which will likely satisfy 80% of everyone's inquiries. The Adel Board is also planning to attend and speak at some blockchain events and interested parties are more than welcome to attend and meet them in person. Once we have these events confirmed, we'll announce them, right away.

I would like to ambiguously reply to ambiguity...not sure I care anymore.  Thanks!
adamgud

Activity: 1204
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 10:33:48 AM

Promising project. Waiting for more information.Watching.
Adelphoi

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2016, 12:07:06 PM

I would like to ambiguously reply to ambiguity...not sure I care anymore.  Thanks!

Not sure how that was ambiguous. We're stating that the opportunity for such a discussion will likely be in February after we release more information publicly and explaining why that's the case, as well as stating an opportunity to discuss directly with the Adel Board and that we will release more details as soon as we have them since they're not finalized yet. Smiley

Promising project. Waiting for more information.Watching.

Thanks! More information will come regularly until the start of the ICO.
rafajunior99

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2016, 12:26:38 PM

Your site looks cool good luck Grin
Adelphoi

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2016, 12:47:55 PM

Your site looks cool good luck Grin

Thanks! Smiley
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 01:39:14 PM

this ANN seems to be a well-planned announcement, hoping this will be a great project too. i will try to get involve by putting some investment here. goodluck.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
Adelphoi

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2016, 10:05:48 PM

EconoTimes wrote an article about our announcement - http://www.econotimes.com/Adel-to-support-blockchain-projects-ICO-to-begin-in-March-2017-438028

this ANN seems to be a well-planned announcement, hoping this will be a great project too. i will try to get involve by putting some investment here. goodluck.

Thank you!
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2016, 10:45:58 PM

I am interested in adding this to http://icocountdown.com please contact me as I'm interested in learning more about the project.

Please email: alex@icocountdown.com

Telegram: @Alexanderico

Adelphoi

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2016, 11:10:15 PM

The Paypers reported on our announcement - http://www.thepaypers.com/cryptocurrencies-bitcoin-virtual-currencies/czech-fintech-incubator-launches-ico-on-nxt-s-blockchain/767228-39

I am interested in adding this to http://icocountdown.com please contact me as I'm interested in learning more about the project.

Please email: alex@icocountdown.com

Telegram: @Alexanderico

Sure, I'll send you an email.
SimpeleSimpele

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 11:30:37 PM

i think the next can good coin, because is good plan and good team
so don't forget is ico selling must use escrow
because without escrow can low trust

i think is good ico selling if one time, no 3 fase
because after selling ico must added to exchanger, after added exchanger , investor can buy to exchanger without ico again
if after ico not added to exchanger, still wait 3 fase ico end
is reduced trust from investor
Adelphoi

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 12:29:55 AM

i think the next can good coin, because is good plan and good team
so don't forget is ico selling must use escrow
because without escrow can low trust

i think is good ico selling if one time, no 3 fase
because after selling ico must added to exchanger, after added exchanger , investor can buy to exchanger without ico again
if after ico not added to exchanger, still wait 3 fase ico end
is reduced trust from investor

ADL tokens will be issued out after the first ICO and, after that, will be immediately tradable on the decentralized Nxt Asset Exchange, just how like ARDR was. We will also coordinate with centralized exchanges like HitBTC, Poloniex, and Bittrex, as well as direct conversion services like Changelly and ShapeShift to have ADL tradable.

My response to the escrow question can be found here.

Thank you for your interest! Smiley

Marley_Gray_Microsoft

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:35:42 AM

Love the graphics of this coin. Are you going to introduce us your team members? I suggest you to translate the white paper to attract more investors for the ICO.
Adelphoi

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 12:44:01 AM

Love the graphics of this coin. Are you going to introduce us your team members? I suggest you to translate the white paper to attract more investors for the ICO.

Thanks! Smiley Information about each of our team members can be found on our website. We're expanding the section right now as we just added a few more members. I'll make an announcement here as well as other areas when things are ready. You can also sign up on the site to receive notifications via email.

We're considering translating the white papers as well and will be releasing more over the next few months.

Thank you for your interest Smiley
WhyThisICOSucks

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 01:04:57 AM

None of your founders have any experience in start-ups: running two blogs does not count (really? You think running a BLOG makes you qualified to run an incubator?)

How do you expect to show others how to be successful when you have not been there yourself? Ridiculous. Another project that has a founder with a background in Forex trading: The way that reads to the non-gullible is someone that traded in their spare time. Tell us what firm you worked for otherwise. Regardless, you clearly weren't very good at it.

What professional contacts do you have that you would be able to direct a start-up to? You do realize that the biggest advantages to incubators is are the following:
1. It centrally locates a lot of entrepreneurs (almost all require working in a community work space), which stimulates creative growth, allows for possible synergies between young companies and possible access to talented recruits. Adel would not be able to do this.
2. People running the incubator have a significant rolodex: a start-up needs advice on "xyz"? Not a problem. Start-up looking to partner with existing giants? Not a problem. Who exactly would you be able to point people to?
3. Incubators usually only provide start-ups with a small amount of funding (depending on incubator might not even be a full seed round), but have contacts with VC's who come in for pitch-days. Most start-ups join an incubator purely with the goal of getting from seed fund to a Series A round. You are not able to do this.
4. Typically, incubators have sponsored partners that provide start-ups with massive benefits (free hosting, cheap consulting etc.), what benefits will start-ups through Adel be receiving?

Unfortunately, the crypto-currency industry is filled with two types of people: Essentially lottery winners (people who had a horde of Bitcoin in the early days, this was luck for 99% of people. Very few (i.e. Roger Ver) actively saw Bitcoin's potential), and then you have all the "get rich quick" people that came after Bitcoin started to take off. These people invest in tons of what is frankly dog shit. So hey, your project might still raise some money.

To sum it up: Would avoid.
ostrogoto2012

Activity: 1134
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 02:02:06 AM

looks interesting project, looking for any future news! i think is quite early to say ....march is long way to go still!

██████████
                   ████████████
                 ██████████████
               ████████████████
             ██████████████████
██████████           ██████████          ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████           ███████     ██████████████████
██████████████████████████     ████████████████████
████████████████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████████████████     ████████████████████████
████████████████████     ██████████████████████████
██████████████████     ███████           ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████          ██████████           ██████████
                    ██████████████████
                    ████████████████
                    ██████████████
                    ████████████
                    ██████████
.PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 02:31:14 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2016, 05:30:11 AM by CjMapope

looks interesting project, looking for any future news! i think is quite early to say ....march is long way to go still!

agreed, i have to commend them for coming and starting this thread so early, it gives the community literally MONTHS to do their due diligence and see responses from the team here before making our decisions to join/fund them or not, good call on this!

Theres alot of incubation talk this year, who would have thought 2017 may be MORE interesting then this year? Cheesy Grin

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Shin Hye

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 02:33:54 AM

BM for now and any bounties like translation dev? Smiley
Adelphoi

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 03:00:11 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2016, 12:28:26 PM by Adelphoi

None of your founders have any experience in start-ups: running two blogs does not count (really? You think running a BLOG makes you qualified to run an incubator?)

How do you expect to show others how to be successful when you have not been there yourself? Ridiculous. Another project that has a founder with a background in Forex trading: The way that reads to the non-gullible is someone that traded in their spare time. Tell us what firm you worked for otherwise. Regardless, you clearly weren't very good at it.

What professional contacts do you have that you would be able to direct a start-up to?

Where did you get the idea that that was the claim to proving experience with startups? One of the board members runs two blogs, but that isn't the claim to experience. I assume that you went to the website and found the profile of Gabriel Dusil. His LinkedIn profile provides a more comprehensive view over his experience. Travin Keith also has a lot of experience with startups, as does Fernando Davila with Evocreative, among other members of the team.

Regarding the Forex trading, I assume you're referring to Michal Vavrek. You left out the "extensive" bit which would help indicate that it wasn't something casual in his spare time. I understand, however, that this likely won't count as proof to skeptics, understandably so. His LinkedIn profile was just created though and we're also in the process of adding more information to the team page as well. We'll be publishing this soon. UPDATE: His LinkedIn profile is now updated.

Regarding your questions about our professional contacts, you can check our LinkedIn company page and the contacts we have. On the team page on the website you can also find some information on the experiences of each team member and make some inferences from that. Gabriel's contacts  are also very extensive, as you can see from his LinkedIn profile.

(On a side note, there might be some frustration from readers about information not being fully available right now. This is one of the reasons why participation in the ICO is not open yet and won't be until March. We want as much information ready as possible before the ICO as well as to adjust to what the prospective community wants)

You do realize that the biggest advantages to incubators is are the following:
1. It centrally locates a lot of entrepreneurs (almost all require working in a community work space), which stimulates creative growth, allows for possible synergies between young companies and possible access to talented recruits. Adel would not be able to do this.

Projects with Adel can be centrally located if the Project Manager chooses to include members on their team who are located in their area if the nature of their operations require it. For example, if a project focuses on a certain geographic area, it would make sense to have at least a majority of the team located in that area. There are exceptions, of course, so this may not always be the case. It's important to point out that the entire Adel team will not necessarily be involved in all of the projects voted on by the community, though they are open to join individually if invited by the Project Manager.

2. People running the incubator have a significant rolodex: a start-up needs advice on "xyz"? Not a problem. Start-up looking to partner with existing giants? Not a problem. Who exactly would you be able to point people to?

I think my response earlier about our connections addresses this point.

3. Incubators usually only provide start-ups with a small amount of funding (depending on incubator might not even be a full seed round), but have contacts with VC's who come in for pitch-days. Most start-ups join an incubator purely with the goal of getting from seed fund to a Series A round. You are not able to do this.

The Adel Community will have access to at least 70% of the funds from the ICO for these projects. Project Managers will need to pitch their plan to the Adel Community, which will vote on the plan, in order to get funding. Projects will be reviewed by the Project Review Committee before it is presented to the community. More information about the PRC and this process will be published in the succeeding white papers.

4. Typically, incubators have sponsored partners that provide start-ups with massive benefits (free hosting, cheap consulting etc.), what benefits will start-ups through Adel be receiving?

The Adel Services team will provide advisory services to the projects that are funded by the Adel Community. As mentioned in my response above, the PRC will review projects even before the project is submitted for voting. Consulting services will also be available from the Adel team, including our legal and accounting team.

Unfortunately, the crypto-currency industry is filled with two types of people: Essentially lottery winners (people who had a horde of Bitcoin in the early days, this was luck for 99% of people. Very few (i.e. Roger Ver) actively saw Bitcoin's potential), and then you have all the "get rich quick" people that came after Bitcoin started to take off. These people invest in tons of what is frankly dog shit. So hey, your project might still raise some money.

I don't have any concrete data to disprove the 99% claim, so I'll not get into that, as well as with your opinion on other projects as I am not here to put other projects down.

Regarding avoiding it, of course we can't force you to. But as of now, not all information is released yet and we'd like those who are unsatisfied with the current amount of information to maybe check again in the future to see if the new information provided would be satisfactory to them or not.

Thanks! Smiley Yes, new news will be announced regularly until March.

agreed, i have to commend them for coming and starting this thread so early, it gives the community literally MONTHS to do their due diligence and see responses from the team here before making our decisions to join/fund them or not, good call on this!

Theres alot of incubation talk this year, who would have thought 2017 may be MORE interesting then this year? Cheesy Grin

heres one to watch for sure!

Thank you for seeing our reasoning behind this. On one hand, I understand that people can be unsatisfied with the current information we have, but we really want that people understand what we're trying to do so the white papers and all other things have the release spread out so those interested can look into each one in-depth instead of seeing a large wall of information and perform all the necessary due diligence. This also allows us to categorize things better for those who find out about us when the ICO is near or is going on.

BM for now and any bounties like translation dev? Smiley

No bounties are published yet but opportunities to participate may be published soon. As with translations, we are going to consider them after the content is more stable. Feel free to PM me though so I can just look through my PMs when we need a certain language and choose someone from there. Please note though that we will not be making a selection based on a first-come-first-served basis.
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 05:28:46 AM

[...]

I'm undecided yet, but pretty sure that a shitload of posts from sock puppets will help me get a better picture  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: