Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:05:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Still Love Democracy?  (Read 5990 times)
iamTom123 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 06:31:59 AM

Democracy can mean many things to many people. Heck, even some dictatorial regimes prefer to call their system to be democratic while at the same time they are using the state power to suppress people and to spread lies just to create fear.

In my idea, democracy means that the government is coming from the people, for the people and by the people. The power emanates from the voters and that power should be used for the greater good of the people.

However, there are some people who prefer someone to lord over them as long as that ruler can provide them all the basic stuffs they need. They don't care if they don't have the freedom others are enjoying as long they have something to eat everyday.

As for me, I still love democracy and I hate it if someone would be curtailing my Bitcoin freedom lol.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 08:08:44 AM

Well, to me it seems that most of the countries which claim to be democratic are run by corporate interests nowadays. I like the idea of democracy but I'm not sure if it's being implemented anywhere right now.
chachaa

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 09:27:01 AM

Well, to me it seems that most of the countries which claim to be democratic are run by corporate interests nowadays. I like the idea of democracy but I'm not sure if it's being implemented anywhere right now.
It seems to me that absolute democracy doesn't exist. And it's probably good. Currently, we have seen the pernicious effects of democracy such as the withdrawal of Britain from the EU, elections Trump. What else to expect?
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 09:59:29 AM

Democracy is an idea, the people should be able to decide what they want their country to do but so many times, the interests of the few overcome the interests of the many.
That is the main problem, direct democracy is something that must be improved in every country, things as referendums are a must!
Referendums must be optimized to cost less, aka. digital voting, volunteers etc. and require less signatures to be taken so the nation actually has the means to correct actions from politicians they do not support.

Elected politicians often forget that they are where they are to serve the nation and not vice versa and that's why direct democracy must be improved.
Democracy is a growing system, we had it for a long time but we must improve it so the individual has more power.

And yes, I still love it, although flawed, it's still the best system we have.

Looking for a signature campaign.
Alfa123

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 10:06:37 AM

Democracy is an idea, the people should be able to decide what they want their country to do but so many times, the interests of the few overcome the interests of the many.
That is the main problem, direct democracy is something that must be improved in every country, things as referendums are a must!
Referendums must be optimized to cost less, aka. digital voting, volunteers etc. and require less signatures to be taken so the nation actually has the means to correct actions from politicians they do not support.

Elected politicians often forget that they are where they are to serve the nation and not vice versa and that's why direct democracy must be improved.
Democracy is a growing system, we had it for a long time but we must improve it so the individual has more power.

The current system of democracy does not meet their requirements. I believe that the government is the sphere which requires special education and does not tolerate publicity. For these purposes, democracy can be destructive.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 10:14:32 AM

The current system of democracy does not meet their requirements. I believe that the government is the sphere which requires special education and does not tolerate publicity. For these purposes, democracy can be destructive.

Whose requirements?

Democracy can be destructive if implemented badly, corruption WILL happen if everything is not transparent, but this is not a problem of democracy but a problem of control.

jvc12

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 11:43:11 AM

this is a system of government for the people and by the people were the people are allowed to express their freedom of right compare to the military were the right of the people are been held the government as for me the world has come pass the era were human right will held by one individual in the name of governance. i still love Democracy is the best   
Alfa123

Activity: 203

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 11:54:08 AM

Whose requirements?

Democracy can be destructive if implemented badly, corruption WILL happen if everything is not transparent, but this is not a problem of democracy but a problem of control.
On the other hand, a country can be destroyed if carelessly implemented democratic principles. All should be the measure. I think that the crisis of democracy is associated with the lack of communication of the politicians with the people.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:05:55 PM

Whose requirements?

On the other hand, a country can be destroyed if carelessly implemented democratic principles. All should be the measure. I think that the crisis of democracy is associated with the lack of communication of the politicians with the people.

That's exaclty what I said in my previous reply, direct democracy must increase as politicians often don't reprensent the will of the people who they're supposed to represent
I believe they should also be graded by the nation and their salary judged on the average grade
Most of them would probably starve,  so I'd put a min. and max. salary so they can at least eat  Cheesy

Market competition is what improves everything, race to become the best, to earn the most by giving the buyer what he wants
And here we are the buyers
We pay them to represent us, if they do not do so we will grade them badly and they will earn less
At the new elections we will pick somebody else and he wouldn't give a damn for 4 years unless we had an option to decrease his salary
I have an idea of digitalazing the whole political process so politicians remain under control of the people during their 4 year rule, not just before the elections

pseexh

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:10:28 PM

Whose requirements?

That's exaclty what I said in my previous reply, direct democracy must increase as politicians often don't reprensent the will of the people who they're supposed to represent
I believe they should also be graded by the nation and their salary judged on the average grade
Most of them would probably starve,  so I'd put a min. and max. salary so they can at least eat  Cheesy

Market competition is what improves everything, race to become the best, to earn the most by giving the buyer what he wants
We pay them to represent us, if they do not do so we will grade them badly and they will earn less
At the new elections we will pick somebody else and he wouldn't give a damn for 4 years unless we had an option to decrease his salary
I have an idea of digitalazing the whole political process so politicians remain under control of the people during their 4 year rule, not just before the elections
Unfortunately, politics has become the clan business. Many politicians run the country with their families. I'm not a supporter of such dynasties, but admit that such an approach could facilitate dialogue between the authorities.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:17:34 PM

Whose requirements?

Unfortunately, politics has become the clan business. Many politicians run the country with their families. I'm not a supporter of such dynasties, but admit that such an approach could facilitate dialogue between the authorities.

Political dynasties occur everywhere and politics is a battle of families. Democracy today is useless, it is just a guise but the truth remains that the people are less free, they become more closer to poverty and hardship while the oligarchs that rules the government enslaves them and enjoys a happy and luxurious life. Sometimes a communist country with a good leader brings more freedom to the people rather than a democratic country run by enslaving and corrupt individuals.
beafheart

Activity: 197

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:28:48 PM

Whose requirements?

Political dynasties occur everywhere and politics is a battle of families. Democracy today is useless, it is just a guise but the truth remains that the people are less free, they become more closer to poverty and hardship while the oligarchs that rules the government enslaves them and enjoys a happy and luxurious life. Sometimes a communist country with a good leader brings more freedom to the people rather than a democratic country run by enslaving and corrupt individuals.
Communist ideology mixed with blood. Under the guise of beautiful words the Communists destroyed their state. Name one Communist country where the people lived well.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:30:05 PM

Democracy is terrible idea in todays time, because one can get so much more power today then he could back then and a good number of politicians today are corrupt.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:32:15 PM

This is completely untrue, there was never a succesful communist country

Communism fails as soon as the country runs out of other peoples money, money they stole from people who earned it, political opposition and anyone else who opposed them
They nationalize (aka. steal) and as soon the money is given out and there is no new assets to steal, communism fails

Capitalism overcomes communism in even the tiniest aspects

Communism is a big pile of shit

Read 'Animal farm' by George Orwell, I really loved the book and it plainly describes what communism is and was

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:32:25 PM

Whose requirements?

"Sometimes a communist country with a good leader brings more freedom to the people" Countries like what? Communism and freedom aren't going together that much, a freedom of speech that is.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:36:44 PM

"Sometimes a communist country with a good leader brings more freedom to the people" Countries like what? Communism and freedom aren't going together that much, a freedom of speech that is.

You're free to agree with the goverment, free to write what the goverment tells you to write, free to clap your hands for an hour until the officials leave, free to speak only what you're allowed to say and free to steal from those who have created something on their own.
If you refuse the advantages of these luxuries you are always free to go to a gulag  Smiley

Countries from the ex USSR and Yugoslavia still allow their citizens to worship this regime
Fact is communism murdered millions and millions more then facism ever did and they still walk around with red stars on their heads and hail Stalin and Tito

Communism is evil and it should be forbidden to use its symbols in any modern country

beafheart

Activity: 197

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:49:46 PM

You're free to agree with the goverment, free to write what the goverment tells you to write, free to clap your hands for an hour until the officials leave, free to speak only what you're allowed to say and free to steal from those who have created something on their own.
If you refuse the advantages of these luxuries you are always free to go to a gulag  Smiley

Countries from the ex USSR and Yugoslavia still allow their citizens to worship this regime
Fact is communism murdered millions and millions more then facism ever did and they still walk around with red stars on their heads and hail Stalin and Tito

Communism is evil and it should be forbidden to use its symbols in any modern country
I agree with you. Only the Communists now in power in Russia. Yes, he masquerades as a democracy and changed their slogans, but the attitude of the people has not changed. USSR is not dead. He is alive and is now called Russia.
Actualiteit

Activity: 218

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 01:02:27 PM

True this. I saw a black man walking around with a Che guevara shit lol. The bulk of the people idolizing them don't even know what these people stood for. It's an evil, deadly ideology.
Prohodimec

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 01:08:06 PM

True this. I saw a black man walking around with a Che guevara shit lol. The bulk of the people idolizing them don't even know what these people stood for. It's an evil, deadly ideology.
Che Guevara is one of the Communist idols. I think the more hands in the blood, the more they worship this leader. I am sure that Hitler would be their hero if the Soviet Union did not fight with Germany and began to each other to fight. After all, until 1941 they were friends, and together they divided Europe.

▄▄██ █████ █████ █████ █████ ██▄▄
▄████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████▄
████▀  ▀███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    ███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀███ █████ █████
████                 ██ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    █▀███████    ██ █████ █████
████    █ ███████    ██ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    █ ▄▄▄ ███    ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    █ ███ ███    ██ █████ █████
████    █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█    ██ █████ █████
████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀████
▄▄▄▄                            ▄▄▄
█████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████
 ████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████
   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀   
bluenote.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

█▀▀▀█▀▄
█   █  ▀▄
█   ▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▀▀█▀▄   █
█  █  ▀▄ █
█  ▀▀▀▀█ █
█ ▀▀▀▀ █▄█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Summary
WhitePaper
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 01:20:30 PM

Che Guevara is one of the Communist idols. I think the more hands in the blood, the more they worship this leader. I am sure that Hitler would be their hero if the Soviet Union did not fight with Germany and began to each other to fight. After all, until 1941 they were friends, and together they divided Europe.

It's funny to me how they pretend to be moral authorities and especially anti-facists, although they cooperated with Hitler, divided Poland and enforced dictatorships upon their people, took their freedom of speech etc.
And today they represent themselves as anti-facists
Although they fought alongside nazis, although they cooperated with the facists until June 22. 41. Barbarossa which is "funny", the day the first Partisan division was founded
Day that the Nazis attacked USSR, why weren't they anti-facists before it tangled with their own interests?

You do not appreciate democracy until you feel the wrath of dictatorship on your own skin
Democracy is everything

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: