Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:46:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Giving up real solomining and going back to solomining on p2pool  (Read 10941 times)
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2017, 07:04:57 PM

That and they just don't have the equipment to deal with it.  I remember a few years ago being on a project in Research Triangle.  I flew in on Monday morning and it was snowing.  I rented a car and drove to the client's office.  Parking lot was empty.  Headed into the office and the only one there was a security guard.  He asked why I was in the office and said it was closed due to the snow.  OK... I took off and went to the hotel.  The next day, I went back to the office.  Parking lot empty again.  Same security guard sees me and says the office is still closed.  I asked him why and he said because of the snow.  The snow?  It had snowed about 2 inches the day before.  Barely even noticeable.

By the third day, things were still not open.  I heard horror stories about how roads were closed and it was like a state of emergency.  This was from 2 inches of the stuff.  Being from NH I was completely unfazed by it, but everyone there talked of it like the apocalypse had happened.

Speaking of the white stuff... gotta go out and get the snowblower running.  Got a few inches to clear from the driveway Smiley

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
PublicP2poolNode (OP)

Activity: 347
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 07:21:27 PM

They call an inch of snow a "snowpocalypse" here in the northwest, lol

Looks like we may have a snowpocalypse today!

WINGS Beta is live - List your ICO for only 5000 WINGS at https://wings.ai Over $650 Million raised by ICOs with WINGS since June 2017
ZedZedNova

Activity: 475
Merit: 265

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 12:39:12 AM

Speaking of the white stuff... gotta go out and get the snowblower running.  Got a few inches to clear from the driveway Smiley

What part of NH? I used to live in Greenville, and have friends that live in Francestown, Derry, Manchester, Amherst, and Keene.

No mining at the moment.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 01:09:38 AM

What part of NH? I used to live in Greenville, and have friends that live in Francestown, Derry, Manchester, Amherst, and Keene.

I grew up in Bedford and Manchester.  I haven't lived in NH for years, though.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
ZedZedNova

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 01:21:53 AM

I grew up in Bedford and Manchester.  I haven't lived in NH for years, though.

Yeah, It's been over 16 years since I moved.

Back on topic: Thanks for the info about how "+" and "/" work with p2pool when added to the btc addresses. My S7LN has been much happier since I added +4096.

No mining at the moment.
PublicP2poolNode (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 04:24:13 AM

Did you utilize the / feature as well?

WINGS Beta is live - List your ICO for only 5000 WINGS at https://wings.ai Over $650 Million raised by ICOs with WINGS since June 2017
ZedZedNova

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 05:04:40 AM

Did you utilize the / feature as well?

Wasn't able to get that to work for whatever reason. None of the shares were accepted when I used it. Seems to be OK though. Changing the diff works great.

No mining at the moment.
flameruk

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 09:40:47 AM

Hey PublicP2poolNode.
Im giving your strategy a quick trial.
I think (rather hope) that the pool might grab a block in the next day or so.
Ive just managed to rent 50TH to throw at a node over in the states.
If this can get some shares in the next 12 hours and we get a block after that, hopefully it might work.
Wish me luck.

Find my P2POOL node at www.ukp2pool.uk:9332

Donations for operating node?
BTC  1CYevtGy3aqr1reuq7CFceNFAT7snsz3VM
in2tactics

Activity: 578
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 11:16:28 AM

Hey PublicP2poolNode.
If this can get some shares in the next 12 hours and we get a block after that, hopefully it might work.
Wish me luck.
The dice have been rolled... Tongue Good luck!

Current HW: 2x Apollo
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 04:49:16 PM

Hey PublicP2poolNode.
Wish me luck.
Good luck.  Because that's what it is: luck.  There is no strategy.  The future cannot be predicted.  There is no such thing as "the pool is due to hit".  We all wish that were the case, but a pool that has 1% of expected shares has just as much of a chance that the next share is a block as a pool that has 1000% of expected shares.

Always fun to gamble, though because you might hit the big one Smiley.

PublicP2poolNode (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 07:56:57 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2017, 08:53:35 PM by PublicP2poolNode

Hey PublicP2poolNode.
Wish me luck.
as long as a block is found within approximately three days since you start the rental you should at least get what you spent on the rental back + or - a little bit depending on your personal luck at the time as well. At any rate, good luck!

Hopefully we hit two or more blocks in the next three days Smiley

Where did you rent from and which node did you choose? If you don't mind me asking.

flameruk

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 09:48:42 PM

I've rented from https://www.miningrigrentals.com/.

I tried a 50th rental and it was a disaster.
Started off on a USA node then I think some how I got banned from the node.
Maybe because I just thrashed the guys node with 50th, he maybe firewalled me out.
He was only running a small amount of g/h so I think I spoilt his private party.
Then went to P2Pool.org out of sheer panic.
Then the rental broke down and went off line so I got a refund in the end.
20 minutes of hell for my first ever rental.

So next I got 20 th from Germany and Aimed it straight at my own node in the U.K.
Then 2 hrs later sent another 19 th from Germany to my node.

My node is holding out exceptionally well (75th) so I'm pleased with the current result.

I've looked at the time between blocks and just rolled the dice and gone "now".
As you say, if the shares stay in the chain long enough then hopefully payout rises.
Again assuming the rentals find shares.
It's just picking the time to ramp up then for the pool to get the block, assuming it does.

As you said the other day, changing things could have a bearing on luck so let's see.
If this kind of guess prediction works I might have the guts to rent a couple of ph for 24 hrs and see what that does.
Stealing your ideas.

PublicP2poolNode (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 05:06:01 PM

Hope that works out for you... I think I'm done with several PH orders for a while. I can't stand it when I've been mining for a long time with a few PHS and then get outbid by someone....

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 06:45:35 PM

That's the problem with the NH model - there's no guarantee of when you'll actually be hashing.  MRR takes the opposite approach.  You get a known timeframe of hashing which cannot be outbid.  You pick the rigs you want and the time you want them.

flameruk

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 07:20:57 PM

That's the problem with the NH model - there's no guarantee of when you'll actually be hashing.  MRR takes the opposite approach.  You get a known timeframe of hashing which cannot be outbid.  You pick the rigs you want and the time you want them.
I've not tried NH infact this was my first rental.
MRR worked but the hash rate was under advertised.
I read every rental gets checked after and reviewed on completion so hope I get a bit back.
All my rentals just finished so now we need that block.....

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 08:09:41 PM

I've not used MRR for quite some time so things may have changed.  However, when I did use them, there was a method by which the renter/seller could communicate directly with each other to try and rectify any hash rate discrepancies - typically the seller would add some time to the end of the rental to make up for the discrepancy.  Also, MRR support tickets were very quickly answered.  If you haven't already, I'd suggest opening a support ticket with MRR so they can evaluate the advertised vs actual hash rates for you.

flameruk

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 08:32:14 PM

I've not used MRR for quite some time so things may have changed.  However, when I did use them, there was a method by which the renter/seller could communicate directly with each other to try and rectify any hash rate discrepancies - typically the seller would add some time to the end of the rental to make up for the discrepancy.  Also, MRR support tickets were very quickly answered.  If you haven't already, I'd suggest opening a support ticket with MRR so they can evaluate the advertised vs actual hash rates for you.

OK I'll log in now I'm home and check.
Thanks for the advice.

PublicP2poolNode (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 09:47:45 PM

https://blockchain.info/block-height/448029

Another stubborn one  Undecided

flameruk

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 10:12:27 PM

Nice one, 2 hrs after my rentals ran out.
Very good one for me you couldn't have timed it better!

tubexc

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 10:16:36 PM

Nice one, 2 hrs after my rentals ran out.
Very good one for me you couldn't have timed it better!

Not a very good strike  Embarrassed
 I think i didn't profit anything only stress  Cry
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: