Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:07:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gravitate selling "FUNDED" coins that are NOT FUNDED  (Read 5343 times)
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 05:43:43 AM

To summarize what I understood here:
Gravitate is supposed to sell coin X with Y BTC funded to bitenvy. Gravitate sells it as a funded coin. Bitenvy later sold the same coin to someone else, who discovered that it was funded with 0 BTC [1]. So either Gravitate sold coin X, but did not fund it or Gravitate sold the wrong coin (which was not funded either). Either way, if it was sold as funded, but was not, then this is the definition of a scam.

Whether or not the intent was malicious, is not something that I want to get into (we've had enough fanboys drop in their useless comment). The question is how to completely resolve the situation?

[1] - Correct me if I misunderstood something.

I think you are right with the understanding of the coin. I have found away to peel the stickers live.

So I will make a count down for the peeling.
I can do it on twitter live feed after checking with the suggestion. So I suggest sat or sunday

To peel or not to peel.
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 05:46:22 AM

Anyway also a scammer doesn't pay people back.. before this scam accusation I had already paid back digicoinuser.
I am the only person who lost money here.

To peel or not to peel.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 05:48:41 AM

I think you are right with the understanding of the coin. I have found away to peel the stickers live.

I can do it on twitter live feed after checking with the suggestion. So I suggest sat or sunday
That's a good start. So technically OP's buyer is the one that is missing the funds at the moment? I'm not entirely sure how this could be remedied as sending the funded amount to them is much different from getting a funded coin (if they have peeled it already?). I wonder what bitenvy thinks/wants after the video.

Anyway also a scammer doesn't pay people back.. before this scam accusation I had already paid back digicoinuser.
Not entirely true. There have been cases of people paying only after being exposed.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 07:32:05 AM

That's a good start. So technically OP's buyer is the one that is missing the funds at the moment? I'm not entirely sure how this could be remedied as sending the funded amount to them is much different from getting a funded coin (if they have peeled it already?). I wonder what bitenvy thinks/wants after the video.

Not entirely true. There have been cases of people paying only after being exposed.

Yes I understand. If I am a scammer I must be the dumbest scammer in the history of Bitcoin because exposed or not exposed I am the only one who lost money- either way. If I had not refunded MinerJones and sent him some new coins. I could understand a scam accusation really I could. But I did the honest thing and I lost money and my time which right now is precious.  

I would have realised I made this mistake eventually but it could have been months away.

Anyway let me sign up to twitter and see if my phone can pick up the private key detail.

When I peel the sticker I will show half of the key, redeem the bitcoin then paste the full private key to see if  it matches with the ones I posted months ago. If that ok great if not then please let me know how I can change it.

To peel or not to peel.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 07:58:58 AM

I am the only one who lost money- either way.
This doesn't seem to be true to me. If person A was supposed to get a coin that was funded, but it was empty, that person has also lost money (not to mention reputation when re-selling it unknowingly as funded while it was unfunded).

When I peel the sticker I will show half of the key, redeem the bitcoin then paste the full private key to see if  it matches with the ones I posted months ago. If that ok great if not then please let me know how I can change it.
You should check in with OP via PM (if possible) to see what they find acceptable first, then we can vouch in. Doing something that OP disagrees with won't help remedy the problem.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:56:15 AM

OK I sent him a PM to ask.

To peel or not to peel.
ab8989

Activity: 209
Merit: 101

FUTURE OF CRYPTO IS HERE!

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 03:36:07 PM

If I am a scammer I must be the dumbest scammer in the history of Bitcoin because exposed or not exposed I am the only one who lost money- either way.

Look. You already admitted that you made several mistakes and stupid decisions for example not keeping proper books on what is going on and changing colour coding midstream to be something else than advertized. Mistakes cost money. It is totally unreasonable to expect to be able to make this many mistakes and stupid decisions without it costing you money. Do not make mistakes or stupid decisions is the lesson here.

That being said whether it was a mistake or a scam cannot be argued on how dumb it would be. I would think it would be dumber to make this many mistakes and stupid decisions compared to being a failed scammer that got cought. At least being a scammer there would be some quarter-sensible motive trying to do things like this rather than just being plain dumb.
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:20:48 PM

If I am a scammer I must be the dumbest scammer in the history of Bitcoin because exposed or not exposed I am the only one who lost money- either way.

Look. You already admitted that you made several mistakes and stupid decisions for example not keeping proper books on what is going on and changing colour coding midstream to be something else than advertized. Mistakes cost money. It is totally unreasonable to expect to be able to make this many mistakes and stupid decisions without it costing you money. Do not make mistakes or stupid decisions is the lesson here.

That being said whether it was a mistake or a scam cannot be argued on how dumb it would be. I would think it would be dumber to make this many mistakes and stupid decisions compared to being a failed scammer that got cought. At least being a scammer there would be some quarter-sensible motive trying to do things like this rather than just being plain dumb.

Thank you for your views on the matter. Its a little hard to understand because of your use of the English language but I think I got the main idea. You think its better to try scam someone as opposed to making mistakes. I can't say I fully agree with you on that but it sure is something to think about!

To peel or not to peel.
finrope

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:28:28 PM

hey guys !   Just stop and think for a minute. Gravitate isn't and has never been a scammer. Get back to reality.
i cant beleive it... 
LadangGalau

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

EthBits

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:35:55 PM

hey guys !   Just stop and think for a minute. Gravitate isn't and has never been a scammer. Get back to reality.
i cant beleive it... 

whaaaaat ? !   gravitate a scammer Huh  WTF ? !! GRAVITATE ISN'T A SCAMMER !!!
ab8989

Activity: 209
Merit: 101

FUTURE OF CRYPTO IS HERE!

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 06:37:11 PM

You think its better to try scam someone as opposed to making mistakes.

No. Not better. It might be better explanation although I am not sure about the word "better" in that context either. I don't remember using that word.
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:42:44 PM

No. Not better. It might be better explanation although I am not sure about the word "better" in that context either. I don't remember using that word.
lol  Grin i was knowing my english isnt  good ... but your is completely broken dude .. did you tried grammarly ?    https://app.grammarly.com/    Wink
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 09:58:59 PM

lol  Grin i was knowing my english isnt  good ... but your is completely broken dude .. did you tried grammarly ?    https://app.grammarly.com/    Wink

Your English skills seem worse off, in my opinion. I'm catching 8 mistakes via Grammarly from your post, and absolutely none from ab8989's post. How ironic, hm?

The only grammatical issue that I might have with ab8989's reply is that they are missing an "a" between "It might be" and "better explanation"

Let's analyze yours:

lol  i was knowing my english isnt  good ... but your is completely broken dude .. did you tried grammarly ?

• 1. "i" should be capitalized
  • 2. "was knowing" should be "know"
  • 3. "english" should be capitalized to "English"
  • 4. "isnt" should be "isn't"
  • 5. "your is" should be "your's is"
  • 6. ".." should be either a period or an ellipsis
  • 7. Given 6, "did" should be capitalized.
  • 8. "you tried" should be "you try"
  • 9. Lots of spacing issues before and after punctuation

** I would personally add a comma after "broken" and before "dude" but it's not completely necessary. Also, Grammarly should probably be capitalized.

Note: I don't consider myself great in terms English skills, but I think I'm pretty well off.

Back on topic: I await the peeling of the hologram and the conclusion of what OP requires from him.

Ellen Alemany

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 10:10:35 AM

Everyday I check here I hope to see the probelm has been resolved but Gravitate is doing everything possible to not make that happen.

Just send him his btc and get it over with.

"There must be more to life than having everything."
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 12:46:41 PM

Well I messaged bitenvy. No response. So I will plan for the peeling next weekend I will put a countdown timer on when I figure out how.

To peel or not to peel.
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2733
Merit: 1181

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 06:01:14 AM

How are you involved in WAC and the great mango ponzi?

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
buckrogers
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 06:04:40 AM

My account on bitcointalk has been handed over to my legal team. They will get the information they need and when it has finished I will announce I have it back under my control.

is your "legal team " going to refund all the stolen funds from the golden egg games? and the WAC coins you stole?

buckrogers
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 09:22:51 AM

Well I messaged bitenvy. No response. So I will plan for the peeling next weekend I will put a countdown timer on when I figure out how.

you can send me a few dozen coins to peel i can video the whole thing should take about 10 minutes Smiley

bitenvy (OP)

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 07:25:31 PM

To summarize what I understood here:
Gravitate is supposed to sell coin X with Y BTC funded to bitenvy. Gravitate sells it as a funded coin. Bitenvy later sold the same coin to someone else, who discovered that it was funded with 0 BTC [1]. So either Gravitate sold coin X, but did not fund it or Gravitate sold the wrong coin (which was not funded either). Either way, if it was sold as funded, but was not, then this is the definition of a scam.

Whether or not the intent was malicious, is not something that I want to get into (we've had enough fanboys drop in their useless comment). The question is how to completely resolve the situation?

[1] - Correct me if I misunderstood something.

I think you are right with the understanding of the coin.

Thank you for admitting your guilt and that you scammed me.  I’m pretty much done here… 
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 09:47:30 PM

If you want to call a mistake a scam no worries. Do you still want me to arrange to peel these coins?

To peel or not to peel.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: