Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:46:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do with your winnings?  (Read 29833 times)
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1255

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:44:43 PM

I've read here a lot about "Gambling doesn't make you rich" So I thought about it, and it does make sense. So what do you feel about gambling then? Just entertainment? I think that's not everybody's mindset.

In the back of my mind, I want to be rich but not because of gambling. But when I gamble, I still always want to win. So when you always win, you become more rich and more risk will be involved. Anyway, if I would earn a winning bet that would have a lot of profit from, I would withdraw the initial bet or the bitcoins I deposited to get it back, then still gamble.

If you would have a winning bet that would give you a lot of profit, what would you do with it?

Save a part of it. Spend some of it. And invest or gamble the rest. I need to divide it properly to make the most of it rather than loosing it again. Its a money of luck so might as well spend and save it properly to appreciate its value.
If you are a greedy person then for sure you would really end up on using those money again on playing gambling which you do think off on hitting the same lucky pot again without even realizing that gambling house would possibly took those winnings from you again this is why we should really be wise on when to stop when we do saw secure profits.

Being greedy does not necessary means spending them all in a gambling game.  Remember the definition of greed

greed·y
ˈɡrēdē/Submit
adjective
having or showing an intense and selfish desire for something, especially wealth or power.
"greedy thieves who plundered a defense contractor"

this means, whenever he hold the money, he won't let go of that money because they wanted more.  And being addicted to gambling is a different thing.  We often made a mistake about this two.  I agree greed triggers a person to gamble but addiction is the reason why this person keep on coming back to gambling even if he already experienced negative stuff.  Actually the one you quoted somehow make sense. Save first, then spend the rest.
Juliedarwin

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:44:43 AM

If I should win a huge amount, I would use it to complete my Education & also upgrade my skills since these are areas I'm poor at. Gambling doesn't make you rich until you hit a Jackpot Cheesy

I have once have experience on it..And then I got the price to have win,I'm treat with my family going to buy our lunch and have some drinks..We enjoying an at the moment to got the money..but I actually keep some a little bit to invest.
tyronecoinbit

Activity: 359

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:30:35 AM

If I should win a huge amount, I would use it to complete my Education & also upgrade my skills since these are areas I'm poor at. Gambling doesn't make you rich until you hit a Jackpot Cheesy

I have once have experience on it..And then I got the price to have win,I'm treat with my family going to buy our lunch and have some drinks..We enjoying an at the moment to got the money..but I actually keep some a little bit to invest.

Yeah, better treat your family if you win. But it should be better if you invest your winnings so it won't be wasted. It's really a wise decision if you invest it rather than by spending it with a useless stuffs.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:37:32 PM

Yeah, better treat your family if you win. But it should be better if you invest your winnings so it won't be wasted. It's really a wise decision if you invest it rather than by spending it with a useless stuffs.
Obviously if your concerned about your future and don’t want to waste your hard earned money, Lol it is not that hard earned in case of gambling but still money never loses its worth in market whether it is hard earned or easy earned. As far as investing is concerned, invest in to something that gives a surety of giving you some profit in return such as bitcoin now a day or any other physical investment like gold etc.
mega

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:15:48 AM

it is saying that "slow and steady wins the race" it is better to be win and become rich too late but forever rather than be rich for moment and then lost every thing.Must focus on consistency and legal way of winnings which will increase your morale.you felt that luckily you win and now risk is going to increase stop the gambling and invest in legal way which will more secure and safe may b it take time but will make you rich forever.

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
Bestwishes745

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:04:58 PM

it is saying that "slow and steady wins the race" it is better to be win and become rich too late but forever rather than be rich for moment and then lost every thing.Must focus on consistency and legal way of winnings which will increase your morale.you felt that luckily you win and now risk is going to increase stop the gambling and invest in legal way which will more secure and safe may b it take time but will make you rich forever.
At least there is someone who thinks rationally and is not in favor of making easy money at all. Gambling indeed makes you rich for a moment but also increasing your lust for money much more than ever which ultimately pushes you into gambling further and you do invest what you won again in gambling for making more money. For sure, second time you are going to be in loss because luck is not always going to support you.
yoonah

Activity: 231

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:31:20 PM

Mostly of the gamblers love spending their winnings maybe because in the back of their mind that money was just easily earned. So I doubt if gambler do put money in investment when they win.

jamyr

Activity: 1750
Merit: 373

<------

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:58:57 AM

Good choices, but I would not be saying that gambling while your still in your study days would be good. It would be much better if you would focus on studying first.

New Bitcointalk Talkshow Video(Aug 2023). Bitcointalk discussion
My bitsler ref link bitsler.com
BaeNaNa

Activity: 286

Cryptics

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:44:59 AM

I have a unwritten rule with my friends that if somebody win big, they have to treat the rest to drinks or food. Other than treating my friends, i use it to buy clothes or save it to use for another time.

jamyr

<------

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:17:56 AM

I have a unwritten rule with my friends that if somebody win big, they have to treat the rest to drinks or food. Other than treating my friends, i use it to buy clothes or save it to use for another time.

This is a nice way to spend your earnings. To treat others, in that way you will be socializing more with others rather which gambling tend to be a hindrance for socialization, especially if you play non-social type of games.

cuddlefish

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:50:27 AM

Money from the winning of gambling is not always mind
It can lose immediately at gambling if the balance not withdrawed from the site
I will withdraw my winning if i need it than i lose it again if i am gambling again
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:04:11 AM

Spending money to treat your family members is not a useless stuff but should fix some portion of the money for these activities instead of spending all winnings. If you win only small amount then it depends on individual needs whether to invest or treat family members but if you win big amount then should invest more money and spend less.
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:01:13 PM

Good choices, but I would not be saying that gambling while your still in your study days would be good. It would be much better if you would focus on studying first.

Right,  gambling will just be a distraction for studying. You should not also think that through gambling you will be able to pay for your schooling.  Winning in gambling has no assurance and depending to it will be a hopeless case. 

Might as well look for a sideline or any job that is applicable for a student like you.  It will be better  to depend on that because getting money in exchange for hard  work is much ideal and realistic than  depending in winning in any gambling game.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:44:19 PM

I wouldn't gamble anymore with my funds anymore but if i get some free funds from somewhere or win something un usual i would gamble with it if i make any such profits with those i will most likely buy more coins and trade all the money or i will invest some in the bankroll of yolodice

Wait, I can't understand what you are trying to say. You said on the first part of your sentence that you wouldn't gamble anymore with your funds. And if you get some free "funds" you would gamble it. It confuses me man and I can't rely with what you are trying to say. So this is me, I'm going to gamble 50% of my winnings and will buy all the stuffs that I can't buy before.
what i meant by that is if i get some free money from somewhere or any funds which hasnt costed me anything i will gamble with some funds and try my luck if it worked i will continue otherwise i will stop if i start losing

Trust me mate, it is easy to say you will stop. If you win for a while, which is what usually happens anyway, it will be hard for you to stop when you start loosing as there will be a point you will surely relax for some days, then come back to see if you can try your luck again and that is where it will all start unless you just totally close your eyes from it and classify it as your worst enemy. Just don't see it as a way to make money, that is all I have to say. There is just one crazy spirit that falls on someone when you start gambling  Grin Shocked
Gambling is something which is done someone own wish no one can force me to gamble gambling is all about self control and it is so hard you only try it once not trying and saying you are addicted won't do anything as i said the first step is to forget your losses after you have done that it's going to be really ready
I do not think that it is so easy to ctrol yourserlf from playing gamblng specially if you have become addicted. in fact i have personal expereince as i am a regular gambling and some time i decided to quit gambling even though i become succeeded for some time but after 4 months i star gamblng again as it was very difficul to have control over yourself to quit gambling for evere.
That is your problem then returning to gambling is really easy but thee is always a reason or you have a really greedy mind or a unsatisfying nature you got a loss but promised not to gamble but still after months you suddenly think that you need to cover your losses and you return that is totally your fauly no one can be blaimed
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:16:09 AM

Most of my winning bitcoin in gambling was spending to buy some needs of my family and somr of them are keeping to my bitcoin wallet and wait for long period of time to gain additional income. But for now i am lilow in gambling because i experience loose continuously.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:38:35 AM

If you save your winning for gambling next time then consider it is not a winning because the more you gamble the more chances of losing money in gambling. I'm very sure that next time or next to next time you will lose back that money to gambling site so it is not your winnings.
jamyr

<------

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:58:54 AM

If you save your winning for gambling next time then consider it is not a winning because the more you gamble the more chances of losing money in gambling. I'm very sure that next time or next to next time you will lose back that money to gambling site so it is not your winnings.

Yes. Whatever money you have that you have not cashed out, is not considered a win, but just a balance that you can lose in the long run. Better cash out some, put it in a bank and leave just a little amount to start again.

MMS2017

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:48:10 AM

When I win I save them some time I keep some portion and invest some portion of them for the next chance if I lose it means that still I have some part of my winning and that’s why we do save and we do invest again if we use it for gambling it is also good because when we win it’s all about the gambling or investment so it is good to take the second chance for winning.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:02:12 AM

When I win I save them some time I keep some portion and invest some portion of them for the next chance if I lose it means that still I have some part of my winning and that’s why we do save and we do invest again if we use it for gambling it is also good because when we win it’s all about the gambling or investment so it is good to take the second chance for winning.

I like your positive attitude towards gambling here dude and you probably have a pretty effective way of handling your wins. And it would probably work as well for a lot so this is a good share. It boils down to how much you can handle the emotion of winning because for most, the excite just leads to spending it until its all gone

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
Sale_man

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:48:34 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2017, 10:49:36 AM by Sale_man

I won a respectable amount two weeks ago and i bought some bitcoin from a friend of mine who needed money. I think it's the best choice. I've been spending all my winnings on useless things and from now on, i'm buying bitcoin whenever i win in the future.

Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: