Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:42:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HDD mining aside from storjcoin and burstcoin?  (Read 8660 times)
ejhayehm (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 08:33:34 AM

Are there any hdd mining altcoins nowadays aside from storjcoin and burstcoin? Thanks!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 11:14:07 AM

maybe sia or maid will be along those lines

t2yax

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 11:21:54 AM

burstcoin is the only coin that can be mined with hdd's

storj sia and similiars earned by renting free storage space

arianee
• • • ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ • • •
Discord
Telegram ⊐●⊏ Reddit
Twitter ⊐●⊏ Instagram
Medium ⊐●⊏ Linkedin
n3rvi0zz0

Activity: 289

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 11:35:57 AM

the proyect of Maidsafe is a bit more complicate than Burstcoin or Storjcoin.

Maidsafe born from a problem to storage datain the years to came.

quote from the whitepaper hosted on git, you can have a look at here

https://github.com/maidsafe/Whitepapers/blob/master/Project-Safe.md.

Existing Internet infrastructure is increasingly unable to cope with the demands placed on it by over 2.4 billion connected people, a number that is predicted to grow to 3.6 billion by 2017. Today's architecture, where central intermediaries (servers) store and provide access to data is expensive and inefficient. Datacenters use between 1.1% and 1.5% of the world's electricity (growing at 60% per annum) and represent significant expenditure for datacentre owners, providers and businesses, who all have to pay to host user data and maintain the infrastructure. Security of user data has proven to be nearly impossible in today's networks with almost weekly reports of ID and password thefts.

To overcome these challenges a fresh approach is required, a solution that removes these inordinately expensive central points of failure, data leakage and bottlenecks. By developing a fully decentralized replacement for all Internet based services, Secure Access For Everyone (SAFE) will ensure the decentralized Internet is a reality

So the point of SAFE is way to store information in in a p2p network, this mind the network will need a kind of reward for the people is using and lending resources to the network.

maidsafecoin was created afterwards as a way to reward the "miners" if you can call in that way.

but is not a cryptocurrency as Bitcoin. because the rewards are given in a totally different way.

quote again from the white paper.

The SAFE network can validate nodes and their value to the network in a very accurate and cryptographically secure manner. The SAFE project will use this to create a proof of resource (see Appendix) which has some significant advantages. The resource in question is a computer's ability to store data chunks, which depends on CPU speed, bandwidth, disk space and on-line time, amongst others. This allows the proof to be a useful, measurable and an immediately verifiable entity. Proof of resource is a very efficient mechanism as its cost is very minimal.

Burst coin have a totally different approach:

Burst uses a new algorithm for proof of hdd capacity (POC) mining. Miners pre-generate chunks of data known as 'plots' which are then saved to disk. The number of plots you store is effectively your mining speed. Every block the miner will skim through the saved plots, and come up with an amount of time until it is able to mine a block if another block hasn't yet been found. After reading through the plots is complete, your hardware can idle until the newest block.

in another words. Burst coin and MADSAFE have one big problem since the SSD pay a big toll to mine this kind of coins.

My advice earn bitcoin doing micro-tasks or wherever you gonna waste 500$ on ssd and you will mine 75$ dollars worth of it

N3rvi0zz0

https://bizzilion.com/?ref=n3rvi0zz0

Earn up to 1.5% daily investing in the best platform of internet
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 11:37:46 AM

Are there any hdd mining altcoins nowadays aside from storjcoin and burstcoin? Thanks!

Can you share with us the profit we can make with HDD mining.

I haven't heard before that you can mine with HDD but how this works, how many $ for 24h mining with 1 GB space?

Thank you...
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1208

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 03:05:22 PM

For me it's only Burstcoin,Storj coin is not about mining through Harddrive,they are more on renting free storage,I don't know if there are any coin that hdd mined but I'm sure this coin will be clone in the future because of it's success,the community is growing and like bitcoin they are headed to being clone.

CryptoDude2727

Activity: 279

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 02:39:46 AM

I haven't heard before that you can mine with HDD but how this works, how many $ for 24h mining with 1 GB space?

Thank you...

http://burstcoin.biz/calculator

1 GB is obviously very small...the more space the better.  BURST recently released a way to mine on your Android phone as well.
cakravothy

Activity: 868
Merit: 501

Chainjoes.com

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 05:13:34 AM

burstcoin is the only coin that can be mined with hdd's

storj sia and similiars earned by renting free storage space

you can exlpain for me how mining burtscoin use hdd's
and how long minimum online can get block and reward coin
and how much reward profitable or not

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
ps_jb

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 07:08:45 AM

Looks like you need at least 50Tb to get some small money out of it
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 12:21:17 PM

Thank you...

1 GB is obviously very small...the more space the better.  BURST recently released a way to mine on your Android phone as well.

Flash memory doesn't hold up too well with lots of rewriting, so if you'd like your phone to last I'd suggest not doing this.

Pretty much. There's not much good money to be made on it unless you already have hundreds of terabytes of storage already at your fingertips. Not the most lucrative type of mining, but it could possibly make you a little profit. Hell, there are people with petabytes of storage mining on their blockchain.
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 02:19:37 PM

Thank you...

From a basic calculation I can see that mining with a hard disk with a capacity of 1000 GB doesn't worth much.

1000 GB for 24 hours gives 74 Burst which is equal to 0.045 USD which is pretty low.

Also how can someone mine with an android phone where we know that android phones storage is 16/32GB + microSD

Thank you...
chronek

Activity: 273

BD People Are Legend

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 02:43:51 PM

I just wonder, if gpu miner ploting faster than disk can read or write, why store plot file? We could just plot thst part what we need in realtime without storing then we could have petrabytes virtualy when nothing on disk

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      Supported by
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
John McAfee     
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
Bananana

Activity: 481

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 03:42:57 PM

I just wonder, if gpu miner ploting faster than disk can read or write, why store plot file? We could just plot thst part what we need in realtime without storing then we could have petrabytes virtualy when nothing on disk

It doesn't work that way, you can only save some time getting the HDD full if you have a higher write, you still need to store files in-order to earn burstcoin.

Summary, the more space you got the better it is (fyi: profit is really bad).

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 04:37:23 PM

it's not profitable it's a heavy centralized coin i the aspect of mining, it should have done with speed of the ssd not the storage, it can also lead to malfunction with all that giga that are writed there
cptfisher

Activity: 649
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 04:58:02 PM

burst is not so centralized  as you my think... and it is actually a coin that everyone could really join in..... much better coin than anything out there :

Energy friendly: hdd mine uses around 6w h(you can use your hdd with a router or a rspi or a banana pi for instance)

Decentralized : pool available so ... anyone can get a fair share of purst...

just the fact that one burst aint worth much doesnt mean it wont be worth.... the problem with burst is that it is not so popular...

if burst would reach same value of btc then we could really speak about decentralization... no asic involved , no elecricity cost to compete with , and same price for  everyone to mine ....
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 05:06:26 PM

it's centralized in the sense that without 150 TB you can't do anything there, you are mining air/peanuts, wasting time, price is almost dead

the entry level investment to get at least 0.01 btc per day cost you $4k-5K at least, instead with gpu, with less than half of that you get the same, you consume more yes, but far cheaper investment
cptfisher

Activity: 649
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 05:37:19 PM

that is true only if you are in a country with cheap electricity.... thats not your case amph... ONLY spreadcoin at the moment will allow you that incomes of 0.01 profit in day ...  with 8 gtx 1070 , private miner  and HOPING that price will hold  and no one will dump... (anda that you can sell your coins  since the volume is ridiculous compared to burst... spr is only in 1 exchange and has LOW volume... burst is in many exchange , atleast 3 big ones , and has a very big volume)

at the moment to have 0.01 btc of profit in day with graphic cards in EUROPE you will need to invest some 5k..... ( 10 1070 + 2xrigs)

whether it is burst (22x8tb drives + 1 rig to feed them)  whether it is videocard .....

this considered the cost YOU are paying (0.29 USD / 1kwh)
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 07:37:37 PM

that is true only if you are in a country with cheap electricity.... thats not your case amph... ONLY spreadcoin at the moment will allow you that incomes of 0.01 profit in day ...  with 8 gtx 1070 , private miner  and HOPING that price will hold  and no one will dump... (anda that you can sell your coins  since the volume is ridiculous compared to burst... spr is only in 1 exchange and has LOW volume... burst is in many exchange , atleast 3 big ones , and has a very big volume)

at the moment to have 0.01 btc of profit in day with graphic cards in EUROPE you will need to invest some 5k..... ( 10 1070 + 2xrigs)

whether it is burst (22x8tb drives + 1 rig to feed them)  whether it is videocard .....

this considered the cost YOU are paying (0.29 USD / 1kwh)

well my situation is bad but it will get better in 2018, cost of electricity will be 0.15 cent(euro)

anyway i wasn't looking at the net, i made a comparison between the gross of both mining, and you need 5k investment for 0.01 a day with hdd and 300w(50 HDD x 3TB) against 3k investment for 0.01(0.012 actually on zcash) a day with a 6 x 1070 with 700watt

the latter is better for me

ps.s not onyl spread is giving 0.01 right now, just check whattomine, you can do 0.01 with 6 card on  3-4 algo
cryptillian

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 09:33:57 PM

i really like the idea of using spare room for projects. do any of these coins use the disk space for something usefull or is it just a concept?
maxmad_x

Activity: 546

It takes a lot to build but not much to lose

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 09:46:02 PM

Would Swarm Ethereum can be minable as same way as storj and burst etc?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: