Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:52:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Darcrus (DAR) Blockchain Database Startup - Swap from Nxt to Waves Sep 15  (Read 129048 times)
malcovixeffect

Activity: 714
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 12:28:00 PM

I really dodged a bullet with this one.

The original ICO setup seemed somewhat promising at the time: the premise sounded vaguely plausible, and the developer seemed like a somewhat trustworthy, technically-adept figure. After all, Sigwo had been involved in the Stratis project, which at the time of the first Darcrus ICO still seemed like an honest coin. Since then, Stratis has proven to be a pump and dump (on which I profited somewhat handsomely), but that things would play out this way was (probably) unknowable at the time.

In hindsight, I am just glad the I chose not to invest after the first ICO flopped miserably. I'd say Tyler's analysis is a absolutely spot on.

I will gladly take that bullet for you Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tyjhaynes

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 01:27:16 PM

I really dodged a bullet with this one.

The original ICO setup seemed somewhat promising at the time: the premise sounded vaguely plausible, and the developer seemed like a somewhat trustworthy, technically-adept figure. After all, Sigwo had been involved in the Stratis project, which at the time of the first Darcrus ICO still seemed like an honest coin. Since then, Stratis has proven to be a pump and dump (on which I profited somewhat handsomely), but that things would play out this way was (probably) unknowable at the time.

In hindsight, I am just glad the I chose not to invest after the first ICO flopped miserably. I'd say Tyler's analysis is a absolutely spot on.

Thanks! The point here isn't to discuss anything with folks really, as clearly dialouge never seems to be of interest to anyone. If you express concerns, you need to "calm down". Truly trying to be a PSA for shady practices.
tyjhaynes

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 01:32:08 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2017, 01:54:11 PM by tyjhaynes

You do not matter to me. I am not talking to you. I am speaking at you in order to talk to anyone who may think ICOs are good idea. You, as a username appearing on my screen who fails to address anything I have posed in previous posts, mean absolutely nothing to me. What does "ignore" even do? Disable notifications?

Considering you don't actually address any question or topic posed, you ignoring me only hurts my feelings. :'-( To anyone who reads the thread, I've asked real questions and received no answers.

calm down tyler. you do what you want with your money. lay person does not go around throwing his money on anything he does not know because he is a stupid layman. ICOs are neither a joke nor a lottery. you had ample time to clear your doubts with devs before and during ICO through slack and this forum.

crypto trading is 24/7 and its different in that sense from traditional forex exchanges that close on weekends. so there is no point arguing over that. as a layman, you should have read wikipedia at least before jumping into crypto with your real hard earned money.

I put nothing into this and I investigate thoroughly prior to giving anyone my money. I ask questions so I can make sound financial decisions. I treat the money I put into digital currencies the same as the money I put into my traditional portfolio. This is exactly why I asked questions on this thread to begin with and precisely why I became more antagonistic when I was not answered. EBST was an experiment to demonstrate in small numbers how much loss is appreciated when one invests in an ICO. .15 BTC is not an investment. It is an experiment.

I posted reasonable questions as a potential buyer. I have not only not had any of my questions about the project answered but I have been vehemently attacked as a result of asking questions. Each "I'm ignoring you" or other snide reply gets me going even more, so keep it coming folks paid advertisers.

I would never put money into something the creator cannot justify or produce a sound, high-quality whitepaper for. For this project, the developer responded to my question on page 25 by avoiding giving an answer of any sort. He simply replied with a screenshot of a transaction and asked if I understood what he presented.

Steven: how would you respond to a potential business interested in your software. The same way you did to me as a potential investor?

This is not only typical tech-boi attitude, but it clearly shows he is hoping uninformed people will jump on his bandwagon. After all these insane comebacks at me for asking questions, I still do not know what makes this project superior to the project I mentioned a few pages back
. I'll refrain from naming that again in fear that someone will claim I'm a troll for that project. :-| Love you guys. xoxo.
ranggawulung

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 01:54:30 PM

I see trade darcus at the bittrex has opened, it's good
waiting withdraw enable at the TVE
candrammm

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

research > buy on dip > and HODL

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:01:06 PM

I am trying to understand the cost/benefit of this project. Frankly, I don't see how currency or a unit of value has anything to do with this? It appears to be a glorified Access database, but marketed towards businesses. Personally, I wouldn't want a lot of my data available for public review on a blockchain versus a private database. The "dApp" certainly could be cobbled together in Access in less than an hour with all the same functionality. So, other than making quick XBT for whomever pulled this idea out of the air, what is the value in this?

Can you read any of this data?

whats wrong with sigwo answer? Huh Grin
tyjhaynes

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:04:11 PM

I am trying to understand the cost/benefit of this project. Frankly, I don't see how currency or a unit of value has anything to do with this? It appears to be a glorified Access database, but marketed towards businesses. Personally, I wouldn't want a lot of my data available for public review on a blockchain versus a private database. The "dApp" certainly could be cobbled together in Access in less than an hour with all the same functionality. So, other than making quick XBT for whomever pulled this idea out of the air, what is the value in this?

https://i.imgur.com/HEbu98a.png

What is wrong is he doesn't answer my question.

How is this a currency rather than simply software or a data management solution? Why is it monetized? Blockchain is not synonymous with currency. It is only a technology, so how does this create monetary value?
D3m0nKinGx

Activity: 1638
Merit: 507

The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:05:51 PM

Sigwo's response was right on point, you couldn't understand lol which was exactly the concern you wanted address that you stated: "Personally, I wouldn't want a lot of my data available for public review on a blockchain versus a private database".

The screenshot proved exactly that.. it's not Smiley

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
D3m0nKinGx

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:08:46 PM

How is this a currency rather than simply software or a data management solution? Why is it monetized? Blockchain is not synonymous with currency. It is only a technology, so how does this create monetary value?

It's currency because it's traded on an exchange for exchangeable value in BTC and ultimately to Fiat, that's just the nature of the token simply being available to do so.  Are you really that ignorant?

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
Hyperjacked
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:09:35 PM

Bought some cheap...thanks dumpers  Smiley

@Hyperjacked1 Twitter
tyjhaynes

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:10:00 PM

Sigwo's response was right on point, you couldn't understand lol which was exactly the concern you wanted address that you stated: "Personally, I wouldn't want a lot of my data available for public review on a blockchain versus a private database".

No. My question is "how is this a currency"?
tyjhaynes

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:13:01 PM

It's currency because it's traded on an exchange for exchangeable value in BTC and ultimately to Fiat, that's just the nature of the token simply being available to do so.  Are you really that ignorant?

I am ignorant because I ask questions. The fallacies. Simply because people give it value means nothing. It was assigned value at the sale but it is clearly not selling for that amount.

What gives this value? Currency must have a source of value. What is that source?

No matter how simply I state things, it will be flipped to make me seem "ignorant" or posting "FUD". Just answer my questions and I will be gone. Simple. Quit the forum boy attitudes and just answer my questions.

What is the source of value for this thing that is called a digital currency? How is is different from Factom? I would assume anyone who hosts a specific commodity in their signature could at least explain its basic principles using their words.
D3m0nKinGx

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:17:37 PM

It's valued at what ppl think it's worth, by placing buy orders at what they feel to buy it at. Just like we think 1 USD is worth 1 USD for no other reason then that's what it's worth, even so the USD has nothing to back up it's value but faith Smiley

So, if this token has more value or less value, it's because that's what ppl's faith in it are to be worth what it's worth at that point in time.

Furthermore, if whatever companies take part in using Sigwo's tech/platform and they have to use DARs to pay for his services or do transactions with DAR the corporation will have to buy more dars, which means buying coins from the sell side of the books on teh exchange(s) thus pushing price up.

Have you traded on an exchange ? you shoud do this, you will then understand price movement. better than explaining it.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
Tanglemymind

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:17:58 PM

No. My question is "how is this a currency"?

Relax man. Anything of value is a currency. Do some studying on what others use as currencies in 3rd world countries.
Pre-paid phone minutes are used as currency for example.

Your question was answered more than once and now you are officially #1. Retarded  #2. A fuder #3. A fuckin retarded fuder

I go with #3

Peace
tyjhaynes

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:20:30 PM

Thanks for answering my questions folks. This is supported by, what appears to be, teenagers who are unable to engage in discourse. No wonder you trade in the alt-market.

You had someone right in front of you with genuine questions who works somewhere that wants real solutions. We have already started exploring and funding blockchain projects that can make daily work more efficient. But none of my questions were answered and I was met by juvenile remarks.

Last words of advice to anyone who isn't getting freebies to promote this coin: read the white paper. It's short, easy and succinctly provides the same amount of no information that I am finding here. Stick to projects that have sound teams with clear delineations of what makes their project meaningful in the real world. From an enterprise perspective, there's no reason to consider this as something new or "disrupting".
D3m0nKinGx

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:26:43 PM

Thanks for answering my questions folks. This is supported by, what appears to be, teenagers who are unable to engage in discourse. No wonder you trade in the alt-market.

Last words of advice to anyone who isn't getting freebies to promote this coin: read the white paper. It's short and easy.

Firstly, I'm 32, and I answered you civilly.  Secondly, thank you for bumping the thread. Thirdly, if you read the whitepaper which the way you just pointed it out here in your post is that you're already self-informed of the project/tech and future prospect. that you only proved you just trolled. Bravo Smiley and lastly,  Glad to know you're an investor. So what's your other BCT account? 

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
tyjhaynes

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:33:11 PM

Last words of advice to anyone who isn't getting freebies to promote this coin: read the white paper. It's short and easy.

Firstly, I'm 32, and I answered you civilly.  Secondly, thank you for bumping the thread. Thirdly, if you read the whitepaper which the way you just pointed it out here in your post is that you're already self-informed of the project/tech and future prospect. that you only proved you just trolled. Bravo Smiley and lastly,  Glad to know you're an investor. So what's your other BCT account? 

I've no idea what BCT is, I only hold bitcoin and shadowcash long-term. I do not sit here to make money as I didn't luck out enough in 13 to hold that much BTC to manipulate markets. I want to put my money in the right pots at this point.

I read the white paper, several times to make sure I wasn't missing anything, and it only provides three hypothetical situations without remotely discussing what "darcrus" is as a store of value.
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:35:30 PM

My order got filled under the ICO price big thanks to all weak hands. DAR have huge potential for solid growth under the umbrella of this professional team.
tyjhaynes

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:38:16 PM

My order got filled under the ICO price big thanks to all weak hands. DAR have huge potential for solid growth under the umbrella of this professional team.

It was "filled" under ICO price because people are selling it at less than face value.
D3m0nKinGx

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:39:47 PM

I've no idea what BCT is, I only hold bitcoin and shadowcash long-term. I do not sit here to make money as I didn't luck out enough in 13 to hold that much BTC to manipulate markets. I want to put my money in the right pots at this point.

I read the white paper, several times to make sure I wasn't missing anything, and it only provides three hypothetical situations without remotely discussing what "darcrus" is as a store of value.

BCT = Bitcointalk

It doesn't physically store value, neither does bitcoin, there's no actual money in the token, neither in bitcoin. it's simply software code, you understand? CODE that is given "value" by trading it for some value ppl think it's worth in Bitcoins, and Bitcoins (software code) is traded for some value ppl think it's worth in USD/fiat. there's no actually money in the coin/token/software code. That's why we need exchanges.

It's the same thing as buying software from a store that are in those boxes with a CD-Rom inside.

so once you have the software in hand, it has 0 value until you find someone who will buy it for what they think it's worth. just like diamonds are intrinsically worthless unless you can find someone that will give you fiat/gold/crypto or whatever currency of value in trade for it.

Hope that makes sense.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
tyjhaynes

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:43:55 PM

BCT = Bitcointalk

It doesn't physically store value, neither does bitcoin, there's no actual money in the token, neither in bitcoin. it's simply software code, you understand? CODE that is given "value" by trading it for some value ppl think it's worth in Bitcoins, and Bitcoins (software code) is traded for some value ppl think it's worth in USD/fiat. there's no actually money in the coin/token/software code. That's why we need exchanges.

It's the same thing as buying software from a store that are in those boxes with a CD-Rom inside.

so once you have the software in hand, it has 0 value until you find someone who will buy it for what they think it's worth. just like diamonds are intrinsically worthless unless you can find someone that will give you fiat/gold/crypto or whatever currency of value in trade for it.

Hope that makes sense.

Good god. I'm really getting a lesson in economics on an online forum. I understand the concept of value. Cash has no physical value but it is backed by something which makes it legal tender. Bitcoin is backed by how much people are willing to pay for it in addition to the cost of maintaining and powering the blockchain. What gives this value? What is a DAR and what does it represent? Why can Steven not just produce software for businesses to store data on a blockchain without having to open an ICO to get money. The coin is simply a way of getting money from people, thus justifying the perception that the digital currency market is a work around standard funding practices. He didn't justify the value of the product at all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: