Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:19:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] QRL - Announcing the Quantum Resistant Ledger  (Read 186280 times)
Dezeyay

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 12:57:47 PM

Be my guest and name that competition

Newbie troll alert. Skip

These mindless shills are hurting qrl in the long run. The mutual admiration parade and lack of accountability (pos -> pow, founder dumping coins unannounced, mainnet delays, minimal spend on amateur publicity, etc.) account for why qrl has slipped in market uptake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHGe8DoIcgc  Judge for yourself

Dude, what are you doing? Way to welcome a new guy. You had your opinion and he asks you a simple question. You refuse to answer, call him a newbie as if there is some sort of ranking system that gives you the right to ask questions or not and and then start off about him being a trol? Way to "contribute".

And how is this a shill? How is his question hurting the project? And how are you helping it going forward?  It's cool and helpfull to have critique on a project. But what you bring up has been discussed and answered by the team several times. They have been held responsible and they have responded.

Founder used his funds to fund the project, not to buy himself a Lambo. Presale funds could be used after the foundation was set up properly. Vitalik did the same in the early ETH days. Besides that, I rather have that stack out of the way (almost two years ago now) Instead of him selling at higher prices. They have been held accountable and explained in full. You may not agree, but it's been almost two years ago. Get over it.

ETH still hasn't moved to PoS yet either. You holding QRL to a higher standard then ETH? Besides QRL team has been clear on why they chose to start up as PoW. PoS took longer and has some security downsides. At least main net is launched now. Development now is focussed on the hard fork in june / july and smart contracts. PoS will be in development later and it won't be pure PoS, but a safer variation.

All projects delay. Remember progress on ETH, especialy in the beginning? How about BTC lightning network? How about pretty much avery other single project out there.

And the spening on marketing.. Yeah if you would manage this project, funding would dry up within a few years of shilling. If they wait a few years, QRL has matured on the technical side, and besides that the whole market is back up and they can spend 10 x on marketing of what they economize now by staying low budget. Paying for article mentions and exchange listings is short term policy. It's spending money on fried air... In e bear market... Top notch advice to go full on in marketing now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
donnatello

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 12:16:52 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2019, 03:17:22 AM by donnatello

Dude, what are you doing? Way to welcome a new guy.

A new troll.

And the spening on marketing.. Yeah if you would manage this project, funding would dry up within a few years of shilling. If they wait a few years, QRL has matured on the technical side, and besides that the whole market is back up and they can spend 10 x on marketing of what they economize now by staying low budget. Paying for article mentions and exchange listings is short term policy. It's spending money on fried air... In e bear market... Top notch advice to go full on in marketing now.

How would you know how I would manage this project? A while ago you agreed qrl publicity was bad. In life there is such a thing as a scale, a spectrum. So, if I suggest spending more and not making counter-productive "conference reports" you would have me spend everything in 3 years? Classic internet logic.

As for the incidents, the market has spoken. Your "get over it" and what I desire are ultimately irrelevant. qrl just needs to change a non-winning plan.
Dezeyay

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 09:58:08 AM

*new "troll" ignoring "senior" troll..

https://medium.com/the-quantum-resistant-ledger/last-week-in-qrl-march-5-11-c7a094f2eca5

- Ledger application fully launched
- Wallet: v1.1.1 of wallet released with full cross platform support
- Go-QRL: Separate address state for multisig created
- Go-QRL: Unit test for multisig_create complete
- Mobile: Sending Tx with insufficient funds exception now correctly caught
- Automatic migration will close on June 15th, 2019.[/li][/list]
donnatello

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 05:08:33 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2019, 02:57:00 AM by donnatello

*new "troll" ignoring "senior" troll..

Way to go. Shill and divert. Stick your head in the sand!

Pretty soon, the excuse of "minimal spend on publicity" will morph to "not a big team", "not many developers onboard", "not many exchanges" and so on. Whatever excuse works!
Dezeyay

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 10:56:52 AM

- Wants more marketing so the project gets more positive attention and growing community.
- Lists a bunch of complaints while not being constructive or solution oriented, calls new people newbies and trolls, and all positive points mentioned is shilling.

The fact that you have complaints, doesn't mean there is nothing positive to mention. If people choose to mention positive sides, it doesn't make them a shill. The progress this project has made is fantacstic. Look at Cardano, and the people complaining about the fact they still have no ledger support. QRL is delivering, got to ledger before a top 20 coin. They deliver every week, but marketing definitely doesn't have a huge shill factor. Low on marketing towards the single investor level is a strategy, not an budget related excuse as you call it. The fact that you don't agree with a strategy, doesn't mean you're right. Complaints or suggestions aren't orders the team needs to obay. Quite likely your expectations on QRL marketing are not going to be realized. If it's a huge deal for you, maybe it's time to look for something new. QRL is however establishing a name in the industry. It does take time though. Throwing in the big bucks for marketing is a short term strategy. Selling just ideas and theories is played out. People are tyred of shilling fried air. Especially in a bear market. They want real products. QRL has a quantum resistant blockchain. It is the foundation of what they are building on right now. The first real functions will be implemented in the june/july fork.

Let's turn this discussion around: how about you put in some positive feedback. How would you market this project? Be specific, maybe provide examples of other projects. Let's focus on your complaints and look for some specific feedback.
donnatello

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 01:22:20 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2019, 05:10:20 PM by donnatello

Be specific, maybe provide examples of other projects. Let's focus on your complaints and look for some specific feedback.

Can you read? Because it's all there.

Takeaways from this stupid joke of a conference report:
-DeveloperWeek is a great conference! The organizers are so professional! Let's all mark all our calendars for this conference!
- In other conferences QRL only gets 30 minutes at most. Now QRL gets 50 minutes!
- We wanted to meet up, but too few wanted it badly enough to meet up!
- We will attend fewer conferences in 2019!

There is no highlight that any real hodler or supporter wants to hear. The brains at QRL must be in denial if they think this "My First Trip to the Zoo" kind of corporate communication is the way to encourage adoption.

How about... and I'm just spitballing here, writing a professional report, or not writing one at all?

Or how about this

Specific enough? I even invited you to judge for yourself. Not shilling or shitting. How dynamic, effective, inspiring was this presentation? Bear in mind this is an audience of CTOs and developers for potential launches on the qrl platform.
Qrcollector

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 07:11:45 PM

He didn't ask you to repeat your complaints, he asked you how you would market the project, for example by providing positive examples of other projects.

Anyway, QRL got mentioned twice in the NIST request for input on XMSS:

https://csrc.nist.gov/CSRC/media/Projects/Stateful-Hash-Based-Signatures/documents/stateful-HBS-public-comments-June2018-rfi.pdf

Qrcollector

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 10:58:15 AM

By the way, one of the comments mentioning QRL was from Leidos. Which is a pretty big deal: https://www.leidos.com/company/partners

People who matter start to notice.
donnatello

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 07:33:07 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2019, 07:25:08 PM by donnatello

Here is something written by someone who has a lot more patience and skill than me, perhaps from Europe: https://www.reddit.com/r/QRL/comments/b28x0a/assessment_of_qrl_marketing_and_communication/

I know two backers who moved out of QRL because of the problems pointed out in his post. They had experience and the ability to inject support. But they were ignored in the slack/discord and so they moved on.  Will there be more backers?  There is room for optimism, because QRL does have selling points and technical substance.  But if qrl continues to ignore obvious, basic problems, they will burn their bridges down the road.

Dezeyay likes that reddit post and brings up Vitalik Buterin. For qrl, the founder Peter Waterland / inca / joloffe  takes no part in publicity. Many people have complained about that too.
Ottslayer

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 06:52:38 AM

Hi,
The QRL Team will have a meeting regarding these issues (which were also posted on their discord channel) tomorrow. I will post their choice of action as soon as I am aware of it.

My experience is that the team does in fact listen to community suggestions and does address them.
 Cool
Qrcollector

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 09:09:40 AM

Here is something written by someone who has a lot more patience and skill than me, perhaps from Europe: https://www.reddit.com/r/QRL/comments/b28x0a/assessment_of_qrl_marketing_and_communication/

I know two backers who moved out of QRL because of the problems pointed out in his post. They had experience and the ability to inject support. But they were ignored in the slack/discord and so they moved on.  Will there be more backers?  There is room for optimism, because QRL does have selling points and technical substance.  But if qrl continues to ignore obvious, basic problems, they will burn their bridges down the road.

Dezeyay likes that reddit post and brings up Vitalik Buterin. For qrl, the founder Peter Waterland / inca / joloffe  takes no part in publicity. Many people have complained about that too.

That is a great set of feedback. This I applause. But what you do, you don't get your way, start repeating yourself and when you still don't get what you feel you are entitled to, you start insulting people. I hope you se the difference in approach there. Instead of insulting people, you could make a serious and well founded analysis that is actually supporting this project instead of shitting on it. And still, it could be that marketing stays low key. It's not like you can make demands because you have some $ in a project. You can make your voice heard, that's it. And the way it is done in that reddit post is just top class.

I'm going to make a prediction: in the end it will be about budget. You think a few mill will build you an empire, but QRL will need to keep on developing for years. A few mill isn't that much. Maybe they will get more creative on marketing. But a huge explosion in budget and content just isn't going to happen any time soon, if ever. If the lack of high quality marketing is a dealbreaker for you, QRL isn't for you.

Ask yourself what you can do and make a positive impact on the project. And while you at it, stop shitting on people who do point out positive points of the project besides marketing.

Personally, I feel the hardest part is that people don't understand the problem QRL solves by going quantum resistant at this point of time, instead of upgrading in the future. The quality of going quantum resistant from genesis block compared to upgrading later in time.

And as to dezeyay bringing up Vitalik. You missing the point there. It's clear Vitalik was brought up because theresjustnoway was making fun of the appearances of Adam. Bringing up Vitalik is the obvious way to point out that looks are not always an issue in Crypto or anywhere for that matter.
Qrcollector

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 12:14:50 PM

Just published this as the first of a seven part series. This is a combined community effort to create a complete oversight of everything regarding Blockchains and quantum resistance. Please read, clap, share tweet and help spread some crucial info.

https://medium.com/@qrcollector/quantum-resistant-blockchain-and-cryptocurrency-the-full-analysis-in-seven-parts-part-1-daa211565a68
donnatello

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 11:06:15 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2019, 04:09:36 PM by donnatello

Hi,
The QRL Team will have a meeting regarding these issues (which were also posted on their discord channel) tomorrow. I will post their choice of action as soon as I am aware of it.

Real action to solve a systemic weakness? Good. Any news?

My experience is that the team does in fact listen to community suggestions and does address them.
 Cool

Tell that to this guy

Quite likely your expectations on QRL marketing are not going to be realized.
donnatello

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 03:12:51 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2019, 05:24:59 PM by donnatello

Hi,

Cool

Their latest post is summed up

• TL;DR — QRL has and will continue to evaluate its communication strategy and overall structure to best address the needs of the project as they continue to evolve.

Koltun continues to write a pile of dense prose, signifying nothing. Once more, he crows "we heard you", "we have been doing well (best!)", "there are many important things to say but we can't say it" Is there a concrete proposition in the whole word salad? Contrast this with NicoIdea's reddit post.

This update glosses over real concerns about the inadequate communications which is holding back qrl adoption. Problems leading to huge dips in price and volume are all externalized. They refuse to own up to criticism. It does not augur well for qrl.

Keep blaming the bear market and the altcoin spasms, but let's be honest, qrl is not doing great even against that backdrop. Backers and community influencers will shift to other options if this stonewalling continues.

This tone deafness is the reason why many have rumbled, not without moral justification, that someone in the qrl leadership is quite happy with these depressed prices. I've already gone on record to say that Cardano is inferior technology, but just compare the chart movements. It's hard to get excited when the makers of qrl piss on supporters all the time.

I've got an idea. Feature qrl on Trevor Noah's segment You Done Effed Up  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auprk79N3Fo

donnatello

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 06:54:31 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2019, 10:07:33 AM by donnatello

Yeah, website in pink. Unannounced change.

People. protest. gently.

Response? No action yet. It will change in the end, but it would take more people howling into their ear.

You can't make this shit up. In this day and age, does anyone still think it takes a big budget to do a corporate website? Just another day of "kid with crayons" at qrl headquarters.

Note to qrl - there is speculation that there is strong interest from Korea. Here's the hard truth, you heaped scorn on a strong backer in your chat and banned him, now he's organizing research which accounts for a third, maybe half the traffic from that country. I couldn't believe it when I got the news. What's your problem, too many allies?
Ottslayer

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 12:01:39 PM

Hi donnatello,

I do share your impression with the qrl update regarding their communication, or marketing.
I expected more of a definite roadmap or plan of action how to raise the bar here.

What I do not share is your opinion regarding the qrl team being "tone deaf" and "stone walling".
They seem to have achieved a recognition in the crypto world as being the "goto guys" in terms of quantum resistant blockchains.
take a look at this video in which Jesse Lund, VP of Blockchain & Digital Currencies at IBM mentions QRL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy5zHAwo43o

So their marketing work does have an effect.

Also what I do think will be interesting, as they mentioned in their communication update is the importance of the qrl foundation as "base" for their
plans to decentralization. (I´m thinking maybe bounties, or some other incentives for devs etc)

There seems to be a probation period of three month for the foundation before they can take action. (or are willing to tell us more about that)

The foundation is registered on 01/17/2019, that means in 17 more days there should be an update

https://www.fundraiso.ch/sponsor/die-qrl-stiftung/
https://www.wirtschaftsregister.ch/uid.cfm?id=CHE-229.731.700&firma=DIE-QRL-STIFTUNG

I am completely neutral to their choice of color. I get the argument that pink would be unprofessional, but it is a distinctive choice. (some people recognize T-mobile as being pink)

donnatello

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 04:03:44 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2019, 04:53:58 PM by donnatello

Hi donnatello,

I do share your impression with the qrl update regarding their communication, or marketing.
I expected more of a definite roadmap or plan of action how to raise the bar here.

What I do not share is your opinion...

Let's hope you're right about the marketing. They are really, really pushing the boundaries of danger with their clueless experimentation.

Loud pink splashes on useless things like buttons and frames, not a logo element. Complete misfire of art design that only works if you want to scream friendly amateurism.
Ottslayer

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 10:29:00 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2019, 01:07:24 PM by Ottslayer

Hi donnatello,

What I do not share is your opinion...

Let's hope you're right about the marketing. They are really, really pushing the boundaries of danger with their clueless experimentation.

Loud pink splashes on useless things like buttons and frames, not a logo element. Complete misfire of art design that only works if you want to scream friendly amateurism.

Yeah, let´s both hope that I´m right Smiley

That "pink" argument is quite difficult in my opinion.
On my Laptop that qrl pink (btw, https://wallet.theqrl.org/ shows the qrl logo in the upper left corner) does show up way less pink and splashy than the t-mobile pink. https://www.t-mobile.com/ which is supposed to be called "magenta" I think...
And by the way, I do not like the black background of the t-mobile site. But I guess design choices are always up for debate.

regarding the recent btc pump: As sad as is to see that we lost some ground on the qrl/btc front down to 3760 satoshis as of right now, I do think/hope that we will
be rising over 4k this week, and am quite happy to see a significant 24h volume increase up to 27 btc. I get that falling price with rising volume can be interpreted as a bad sign, but the fact that we lost only 5% in qrl/btc with a 2700% volume increase (we had a 24h volume below 1 btc a couple of hours ago) does present the recent price in a very positive light.

donnatello

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 06:40:07 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2019, 06:59:10 PM by donnatello

It's not just this one problem, but the entire litany of problems casting qrl in an amateurish light.

By fucking around with mainnet and marketing qrl support has fallen into a reverse Fibonacci. To claw back qrl needs to regain trust and start to look like adults.
KnyazED

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 07:24:33 PM

It's not just this one problem, but the entire litany of problems casting qrl in an amateurish light.

By fucking around with mainnet and marketing qrl support has fallen into a reverse Fibonacci. To claw back qrl needs to regain trust and start to look like adults.

and for this they should begin to act. this is important.
You should not sit idle. Do not expect, that changes will come by themselves. It is worth doing something to improve the situation. I see, that the team is in a position to do this. This is what the opponents say.
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: