Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:29:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] QRL - Announcing the Quantum Resistant Ledger  (Read 186283 times)
Dezeyay

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 06:38:35 AM

How many confirmations does Bittrex need to confirm my transaction..its 300 and still says pending...

500 I believe. It's a choice made by Bittrex.
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 03:53:03 PM

Does anyone know the spot market where can buy QRL without KYC and identification? Upbit and bittrex it is necessary to pass KYC, forkdelta no orders....

You can mine that shit on Nicehash I guess, the margin is tiny but you need to double check.
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 03:56:30 PM
Merited by klintay (1)

How do you know if your shitcoin is actually quantum resistant?

The question is why you need such a shitcoin. They are like nuts jehovah's witnesses waiting for a great apocalypse.
Dezeyay

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 08:33:54 PM

The question is why you need such a shitcoin. They are like nuts jehovah's witnesses waiting for a great apocalypse.

Heyyyyyy, Sammy how are you. Acid as usual? For anyone new to Sammy, check out his post history, which is most accurately described as "his cesspool of vomit over anything he comes across".

@Sammy, if Jehova’s are lead by the National Academy of Sciences and the National Security Agency, then your comparison kind of makes sense. But on the other hand Jehova’s are just Jehova’s and people invested in QRL are usually quite diversified.

The National Academy of Sciences (NAS) has brought together a group of scientists of over 70 people from different interconnecting fields in quantum computing who, as a group, have come up with a close to 200 pages report on the development, funding, implications and upcoming challenges for quantum computing development. The NAS doesn't make an estimate on when the risk for current cryptography would occur. They acknowledge this is quite impossible due to the fact there are a lot of unknowns and due to the fact that they have to base any findings only on publicly available information, obviously excluding any non available advancements from commercial companies and national efforts. So they acknowledge that whether you claim it will occur within the next few years or in two decades, this would be best described as guessing. What the NAS lacks in guessing, they make up in advice. They have a very clear advice:

"Even if a quantum computer that can decrypt current cryptographic ciphers is more than a decade off, the hazard of such a machine is high enough—and the time frame for transitioning to a new security protocol is sufficiently long and uncertain—that prioritization of the development, standardization, and deployment of post-quantum cryptography is critical for minimizing the chance of a potential security and privacy disaster."

The National Security Agency (NSA) has made a threat assessment in 2015. In August 2015, NSA announced that it is planning to transition "in the not too distant future" (statement of 2015) to a new cipher suite that is resistant to quantum attacks. "Unfortunately, the growth of elliptic curve use has bumped up against the fact of continued progress in the research on quantum computing, necessitating a re-evaluation of our cryptographic strategy." NSA advised: "For those partners and vendors that have not yet made the transition to Suite B algorithms, we recommend not making a significant expenditure to do so at this point but instead to prepare for the upcoming quantum resistant algorithm transition.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSA_Suite_B_Cryptography#cite_note-nsa-suite-b-1

What these organizations both advice is to start taking action. Not for an apocalypse, but for the next level in cryptography. QRL does just that, it has build a strong foundation and is building on that quantum resistant foundation.
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2019, 03:55:51 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2019, 10:40:40 AM by klintay

jehovah's witnesses do have thoughts of the apocalypse are often on their minds...haha

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Heyyyyyy, Sammy how are you. Acid as usual? For anyone new to Sammy, check out his post history, which is most accurately described as "his cesspool of vomit over anything he comes across".

@Sammy, if Jehova’s are lead by the National Academy of Sciences and the National Security Agency, then your comparison kind of makes sense. But on the other hand Jehova’s are just Jehova’s and people invested in QRL are usually quite diversified.

The National Academy of Sciences (NAS) has brought together a group of scientists of over 70 people from different interconnecting fields in quantum computing who, as a group, have come up with a close to 200 pages report on the development, funding, implications and upcoming challenges for quantum computing development. The NAS doesn't make an estimate on when the risk for current cryptography would occur. They acknowledge this is quite impossible due to the fact there are a lot of unknowns and due to the fact that they have to base any findings only on publicly available information, obviously excluding any non available advancements from commercial companies and national efforts. So they acknowledge that whether you claim it will occur within the next few years or in two decades, this would be best described as guessing. What the NAS lacks in guessing, they make up in advice. They have a very clear advice:

"Even if a quantum computer that can decrypt current cryptographic ciphers is more than a decade off, the hazard of such a machine is high enough—and the time frame for transitioning to a new security protocol is sufficiently long and uncertain—that prioritization of the development, standardization, and deployment of post-quantum cryptography is critical for minimizing the chance of a potential security and privacy disaster."

The National Security Agency (NSA) has made a threat assessment in 2015. In August 2015, NSA announced that it is planning to transition "in the not too distant future" (statement of 2015) to a new cipher suite that is resistant to quantum attacks. "Unfortunately, the growth of elliptic curve use has bumped up against the fact of continued progress in the research on quantum computing, necessitating a re-evaluation of our cryptographic strategy." NSA advised: "For those partners and vendors that have not yet made the transition to Suite B algorithms, we recommend not making a significant expenditure to do so at this point but instead to prepare for the upcoming quantum resistant algorithm transition.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSA_Suite_B_Cryptography#cite_note-nsa-suite-b-1

What these organizations both advice is to start taking action. Not for an apocalypse, but for the next level in cryptography. QRL does just that, it has build a strong foundation and is building on that quantum resistant foundation.

donnatello

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 02:51:10 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2019, 07:41:22 PM by donnatello

But I agree the visible marketing is the weak point of QRL right now. But at the same time, they don't have a huge stack of $ and the value of marketing is temporary, while the value of development is long term. And long term is what they aim at.

They send guys to Developer's Week, but are they pitching their talk to developers and getting projects onboarded? Now it just looks like more philosophical, horoscopic word salad.
donnatello

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 08:22:27 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2019, 03:34:07 AM by donnatello

https://medium.com/the-quantum-resistant-ledger/reflecting-on-developerweek-2019-b539dc30a146

Takeaways from this stupid joke of a conference report:
-DeveloperWeek is a great conference! The organizers are so professional! Let's all mark all our calendars for this conference!
- In other conferences QRL only gets 30 minutes at most. Now QRL gets 50 minutes!
- We wanted to meet up, but too few wanted it badly enough to meet up!
- We will attend fewer conferences in 2019!

Score is 0-4 to the competitors, each an own goal. Surprisingly Koltun forgot to talk about the color of the shirt he wore to the conference.

There is no highlight that any real hodler or supporter wants to hear. The brains at QRL must be in denial if they think this "My First Trip to the Zoo" kind of corporate communication is the way to encourage adoption.
Qrcollector

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 06:42:45 PM

"Score is 0-4 to the competitors, each an own goal."

Name 1 serious QR competitor.
donnatello

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 11:30:57 AM

"Serious query" from newbie.  Skip!
Qrcollector

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 07:45:15 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2019, 11:49:24 AM by Qrcollector

"Serious query" from newbie.  Skip!

I'm serious, try me. I'll debunk all of them. Only Mochimo is quantum resistant, but they have WOTSignature downsides like IOTA and other downsides due to the use of FIFO and standardized fees. (And zero marketing.)
donnatello

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 02:11:45 AM

I'm serious, try me. I'll debunk all of them.   
 (And zero marketing.)

You debunked yourself.
Qrcollector

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 06:49:38 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2019, 07:10:32 AM by Qrcollector

I'm serious, try me. I'll debunk all of them.  
 (And zero marketing.)

You debunked yourself.

So you're complaining about marketing, but then consider a technically lesser quality project that actually has no marketing at all, a serious competitor... Mkay
donnatello

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 10:58:26 AM

So you're complaining about marketing, but then consider a technically lesser quality project that actually has no marketing at all, a serious competitor... Mkay
Your lack of reading comprehension is fascinating. Your straw men, juvenile.

Maybe you do have some substance to contribute. Right now you have an awful lot to prove.
Qrcollector

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 11:58:59 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2019, 12:39:05 PM by Qrcollector

Your lack of reading comprehension is fascinating. Your straw men, juvenile.

Maybe you do have some substance to contribute. Right now you have an awful lot to prove.

Eh, your best argument is that you have a bigger post history. I'm a "newbie" need to proof myself for your highness.
At this point there is no serious competition for QRL. As in: there is no blockchain that is quantum resistant besides Mochimo. And there is no blockchain that shows serious proof of becomming quantum resistant anywhere in the near future. If you disagree, just name the "competition".
mgsxman

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 01:15:33 PM

QRL Mining Pool by MiningOcean

Pool Url: https://qrl.miningocean.org

Payout threshold: 0.5 QRL
Pool Fee: 0.4%

xmr-node-proxy and xmrig-proxy support

Key Pool Features:
PPLNS payment method for best profit
DDOS Protection reducing downtime
Configurable Static Difficulty
Configurable Worker IDs
Direct mining to exchange - we support all address types
Configurable Payment Threshold for standard wallets
Recent Block Rewards functionality
Estimate Earning feature
Dashboard with individual per worker statistics
Automatic Payouts every 30 minutes
Nicehash support

Tired of the pools that cheat you and steal your hash?
On our pool we value our miners, here you won't see any deception.
We invite you to join our project if you do not want to miss the opportunity to make good profit!
donnatello

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 01:34:00 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2019, 01:47:54 PM by donnatello

Eh, your best argument is that you have a bigger post history. I'm a "newbie" need to proof myself for your highness.
At this point there is no serious competition for QRL. As in: there is no blockchain that is quantum resistant besides Mochimo. And there is no blockchain that shows serious proof of becomming quantum resistant anywhere in the near future. If you disagree, just name the "competition".

What are you, newbie? A shill for Adam Koltun?

Find me a post where I said qrl is technically deficient, and then we'll talk.
Qrcollector

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 02:04:07 PM

You giving out scores to the competition. I asked you to name the competition. You reply by not naming the competition but just rambling on about me needing to prove myself being a newbie. If that is the quality of post history that gives you a full member status, I'd rather stay a newbie.
donnatello

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 02:47:31 PM

You giving out scores to the competition. I asked you to name the competition. You reply by not naming the competition but just rambling on about me needing to prove myself being a newbie. If that is the quality of post history that gives you a full member status, I'd rather stay a newbie.

Be my guest and remain a newbie.
Qrcollector

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 03:38:28 PM

Be my guest and name that competition
donnatello

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 08:55:24 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2019, 12:30:19 PM by donnatello

Be my guest and name that competition

Newbie troll alert. Skip

These mindless shills are hurting qrl in the long run. The mutual admiration parade and lack of accountability (pos -> pow, founder dumping coins unannounced, mainnet delays, minimal spend on amateur publicity, etc.) account for why qrl has slipped in market uptake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHGe8DoIcgc  Judge for yourself
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: