Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:46:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FS] Bracket to mount 7 GPUs at front of Rosewill L4XXX server chassis - Updated  (Read 14208 times)
Spotswood (OP)

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 06:13:56 AM

I will resume taking orders tomorrow (3/15/2017) with shipments starting next Tue/Wed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 11:46:30 AM

I will resume taking orders tomorrow (3/15/2017) with shipments starting next Tue/Wed.

Cool, I need to get something together for 3 more of these kits but I want to show you some pictures of how I set mine up to see if I did anything different.

Been too busy lately to post all the photos and a review up but I hope to be able to do that soon.
MrJaekin

Activity: 275
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:44:26 AM

PM'd... thanks!
soulmachine

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 08:12:51 AM

@spotswood is it possible to hold 8 GPUs in Rosewill L4500 case ?
Eyedol-X

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 10:44:30 AM

I own 4 of these kits, have already assembled 3, unfortunately the answer is no.
soulmachine

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 01:31:28 PM

I own 4 of these kits, have already assembled 3, unfortunately the answer is no.

Thanks!
Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2017, 03:44:01 AM

Anybody care to share pics of their rig using one of our brackets?

-Rich

isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 07:27:07 AM

where in WA are you located?

I could use a couple of these for open air racks.

Currently nailing my risers to wood blocks  Grin
BustyKuroNeko

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

Canadian Miner Passing Through~~

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 07:51:11 PM

Hi,
    I am interested in 1 as a tryout but wanted to know first of all. In your pictures, i notice that you do not have the second row of fans? Is it to make the picture of the bracket easier to see or do you have to take that part out and cannot be reinserted?

Thank you

Self-proclaimed nice guy~
Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2017, 08:00:01 PM

Hi,
    I am interested in 1 as a tryout but wanted to know first of all. In your pictures, i notice that you do not have the second row of fans? Is it to make the picture of the bracket easier to see or do you have to take that part out and cannot be reinserted?

Thank you

[/quote ]

Iirc the GPUs I was testing with were too long to reinstall the middle fans.

BustyKuroNeko

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 08:18:25 PM

Ok then do you know what is the maximum length the gpu can be and still have the the middle fans installed?

Thank you

Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2017, 09:20:40 PM

Ok then do you know what is the maximum length the gpu can be and still have the the middle fans installed?

Thank you
Unfortunately, I can't answer that question right now (I recently moved the shop 3000 miles and don't have access to my Rosewell case atm).

-Rich

BustyKuroNeko

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 07:58:17 PM

Oh ok because i already have 2 sapphires rx480 4g and got a sapphire R280x that i would like to put in there

Thanks

Eyedol-X

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 08:22:15 PM

-Rich

I have been planning on doing a write up but life been getting in the way

Here are some teaser pics for those interested, the MSI card is about the largest card I would recommend for this setup -- The Sapphire cards fit pretty well -- the Reference Blower style RX480's fit the best.

Note: I cpu mine as well so I had to find a cooler that would fit within the chassis and I got creative with how to mount the HDD using a ssd mounting bracket, this is not included with the kit. I am also in the process of changing out the fans I used for better ones.

BustyKuroNeko

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 09:05:18 PM

-Rich

Here are some teaser pics for those interested, the MSI card is about the largest card I would recommend for this setup -- The Sapphire cards fit pretty well -- the Reference Blower style RX480's fit the best.

Note: I cpu mine as well so I had to find a cooler that would fit within the chassis and I got creative with how to mount the HDD using a ssd mounting bracket, this is not included with the kit. I am also in the process of changing out the fans I used for better ones.

From the Pictures you posted I think i am seeing exactly what i want to do. I want to reverse the case so the air comes in throught the front (Which has the PS and Motherboard) then goes to the gpus that pushes the air out directly outside the case thanks to the fans.
Am I right?

If so... Excellent....

Eyedol-X

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:45:54 PM

-Rich

From the Pictures you posted I think i am seeing exactly what i want to do. I want to reverse the case so the air comes in throught the front (Which has the PS and Motherboard) then goes to the gpus that pushes the air out directly outside the case thanks to the fans.
Am I right?

If so... Excellent....

Correct, the factory configuration for this chassis sucks air in the front and exhausts out the back. I purchased a custom kit from Spotswood to retain this configuration but it simply pushes too much heat over the PSU and board/cpu for my liking to I reversed everything. Air is intake from the traditional rear of the chassis and exhausted out the front, the board, psu, and CPU all stay very cool in this configuration.
BustyKuroNeko

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 04:19:19 PM

-Rich

Am I right?

If so... Excellent....

Correct, the factory configuration for this chassis sucks air in the front and exhausts out the back. I purchased a custom kit from Spotswood to retain this configuration but it simply pushes too much heat over the PSU and board/cpu for my liking to I reversed everything. Air is intake from the traditional rear of the chassis and exhausted out the front, the board, psu, and CPU all stay very cool in this configuration.

Well this is perfect then If you have 2 of them in stock, I am interested.
Will PM you shortly

zer0k

Activity: 349

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 10:41:27 PM

-Rich

Am I right?

If so... Excellent....

Eyedol-X,

Did you actually take temperature readings with the hot air blowing to the back and over the MB/PSU/CPU?
I am working on my Rosewill case setup and it needs to go into a DC with hot/cold aisles so traditional airflow is preferred.

Any real world results would be awesome Cheesy

Eyedol-X

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:30:34 PM

-Rich

Am I right?

If so... Excellent....

Eyedol-X,

Did you actually take temperature readings with the hot air blowing to the back and over the MB/PSU/CPU?
I am working on my Rosewill case setup and it needs to go into a DC with hot/cold aisles so traditional airflow is preferred.

Any real world results would be awesome Cheesy

Yes, readings were greater than 100F/38C blowing out of mine with a 76F ambient temp. I can take some more specific readings later today if I get around to swapping in my new delta fans.
soulmachine

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:03:43 PM

Besides RSV-L4500, is this drop-in bracket suitable for Rosewill RSV-L4000 case? Anyone tested it ?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: