Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:07:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FS] Bracket to mount 7 GPUs at front of Rosewill L4XXX server chassis - Updated  (Read 14208 times)
Spotswood (OP)

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 06:39:37 PM

15% off!! (Now through Nov. 27th. Limit 4x).

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 06:39:49 PM

JimmyCoin

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:56:50 AM

Do you ship to Australia?

If so, how much is shipping?

Thanks
Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 05:00:49 PM

Thanks
Yes.  PM sent.

zarraza2k

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:18:09 PM

2 please!!!!
How do we start this transaction 😊

Thanks
BitcoinThis

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:10:05 AM

Spent a ton of time this evening doing research and was sold on this case thanks to this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEsev9vTeHI I also live in WA state. Came here asking for order instructions and looks like the order instructions are here: http://spotswoodcomputercases.com/wp/?page_id=1275
Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 04:57:34 PM

Spent a ton of time this evening doing research and was sold on this case thanks to this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEsev9vTeHI I also live in WA state. Came here asking for order instructions and looks like the order instructions are here: http://spotswoodcomputercases.com/wp/?page_id=1275
Either send me a PM or an email to the address listed on that link.

cryptathlos

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:28:17 PM

This is a "drop-in" bracket (requires zero modifications to the case) to mount 7x GPUs and 3x 120mm fans at the front of deep (25-inch) Rosewill server cases.

Features include:

As of November 2017, the lead time is only 2-3 business days.

$60, plus shipping from Washington state (1-2 fit in a medium size flat rate box).  PayPal only.

http://www.spotswoodcomputercases.com/images/servercases/dropinframe/front/v3/Drop-in%20bracket%20v3.png

http://www.spotswoodcomputercases.com/images/servercases/dropinframe/front/v3/Completed%20assembly.png

http://www.spotswoodcomputercases.com/images/mining/dropingpubracket/DSC_0699.png

Updated assembly manual (version 3)

Is the irony completely lost on you that you're requesting paypal only for something someone would use to mine cryptocurrencies?
Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 09:58:47 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2017, 11:05:39 PM by Spotswood

Is the irony completely lost on you that you're requesting paypal only for something someone would use to mine cryptocurrencies?

Nope. I get it.  Accepting only PayPal helps keep me sane (in these insanely busy times).   Grin

zarraza2k

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:37:19 AM

finally got it assembled and installed (it took me a few days since apparently I'm stupid and I tend to overtthink things - HOWEVER, I did assemble both of them even though I only have 1 case currently, so I didn't have to overthink it once i order my other case!) 

I did have a question though - it seems with just a couple more pieces of aluminum you could  put that mid row of fans back in the case - it seems to fit, but there isn't anything to bolt it too unless you were brave enough to just drill a couple holes in the side of the case (which I'm not brave enough to do just yet) and ....I'm no engineer - but I assume you are - would it be detrimental or beneficial to install that middle row of fans?
Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 05:07:27 AM

finally got it assembled and installed (it took me a few days since apparently I'm stupid and I tend to overtthink things - HOWEVER, I did assemble both of them even though I only have 1 case currently, so I didn't have to overthink it once i order my other case!) 

I did have a question though - it seems with just a couple more pieces of aluminum you could  put that mid row of fans back in the case - it seems to fit, but there isn't anything to bolt it too unless you were brave enough to just drill a couple holes in the side of the case (which I'm not brave enough to do just yet) and ....I'm no engineer - but I assume you are - would it be detrimental or beneficial to install that middle row of fans?

If the middle fans can fit with your GPUs, then go for it.

gsrcrxsi314

Activity: 367
Merit: 34

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:05:12 PM

are you still making this bracket? I might be interested in buying one.

I have an RSV-L4500 case that I've currently modded to fit 8 GPUs. I did not use any extra parts except what came with the case. I've oriented the cards to be facing forward, with fan airflow front to back as is intended. I think I'm looking for a more secure and clean solution for my second build though, which is why I'm considering this. my cards kinda just hang there lol but it works

i removed the support beam, and moved it more forward. GPU's are just zip tied here
i removed the center fan wall and moved it back behind the beam.
i replaced all the fans with Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000rpm fans, removed the rear 80mm fans completely
even with 8 GPUs, its easy to keep card temps between 65-70C with only 40-60% 

makes for a very tight fit with a full size ATX MB, and long-ish PSU, but i got it working. it works better when you have one of those narrow PCB motherboards like the Asrock H97 Anniversary. but i digress.

Even with your bracket facing the GPU's the other way, I would recommend still blowing airflow front to back (but only if you dont have a blower style card, other multi fan units will vent in all directions, not just back), with the center fanwall added back in for more airflow. it's just 4 holes to drill and
garrettusa

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:13:32 PM

Love this setup!  I only have 6 cards in mine right now, need to upgrade my motherboard.  Any others on here have suggestions for the fan controller?  I want a cleaner setup then this.  Thinking a HUB with pwm?  If anyone has recomendations I'd love to hear what you guys are doing with the fans!

https://i.imgur.com/ujZvTkz.jpg

Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 08:17:16 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2021, 07:27:18 AM by Spotswood

Now that USB risers come in varying widths, I've updated the design to use slotted extrusion for the riser support beams.  The slotted extrusion still allows the GPUs to be mounted in the case as low as possible and now at any distance apart.

Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 03:20:15 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2021, 07:27:32 AM by Spotswood

This bracket is now at its fourth generation.  The latest update was made in order to support USB riser boards of various widths.  For those that have been watching this bracket evolve, version 4 is a blend of version 2 (USB risers mounted to slotted extrusion) and version 3 (GPUs sit as low as possible in the case).

R0mi

Activity: 305
Merit: 148

Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:58:22 AM

This bracket is now at its fourth generation.  The latest update was made in order to support USB riser boards of various widths.  For those that have been watching this bracket evolve, version 4 is a blend of version 2 (USB risers mounted to slotted extrusion) and version 3 (GPUs sit as low as possible in the case).

Think I've ordered v2.0 and v3.0.  If you are thinking of doing a build inside a 4U case such as the Rosewill L-4500, you definitely want to get this bracket.  It holds the fans, GPUs, and risers in a very clever way.

This is a great add in to a Rosewill case (or other 4U case).

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
scryed

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:41:11 PM

Rich,

Any possible update to the tray or additional mod to add a server PSU?
Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 06:33:57 PM

Rich,

Any possible update to the tray or additional mod to add a server PSU?

The server PSU mounting bracket is a separate product.

quick1unc

Activity: 289
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:45:09 AM

Anyone have the newest version of rosewill bracket available. Been trying to buy one but no luck.
gsrcrxsi314

Activity: 367
Merit: 34

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:01:54 AM

Anyone have the newest version of rosewill bracket available. Been trying to buy one but no luck.

what? just email the OP... that's how you buy one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: