Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:25:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FS] Bracket to mount 7 GPUs at front of Rosewill L4XXX server chassis - Updated  (Read 14208 times)
quick1unc

Activity: 289
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:12:01 AM

Ya I tried that, but I just saw that they are moving locations and won’t be accepting new orders till mid March.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Spotswood (OP)

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 05:21:21 AM

Ya I tried that, but I just saw that they are moving locations and won’t be accepting new orders till mid March.
Old news.  We moved last year.   Cheesy

Currently accepting new orders, but the lead time is at around 7-10 business days.

-Rich

zone95

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:05:48 AM

Pretty neat package
gsrcrxsi314

Activity: 367
Merit: 34

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:15:00 AM

just installed a V4 bracket.

install takes a while, lots of little screws, but fit and finish is great once you get it all in. in my setup i'll have room to put the mid fan wall back in (definitely needed IMO)

criticisms:
-I don't think the front fan screws need to be so long with use with double washers. you could easily just use the short M3x6mm screws (with no washer), and just stick them through the hole in the fan shroud like it is stock. I only didn't do this because i wasn't provided with enough of the small screws to do it as they are needed elsewhere.
-the long/tall screw heads protruding from the front of the case prevents the front dust cover/door from closing all the way.

i realize the OP/designer/maker intended to reverse air flow, but i think this is a mistake. front to back airflow is better for a server case setup.

Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 07:38:29 AM

just installed a V4 bracket.

install takes a while, lots of little screws, but fit and finish is great once you get it all in. in my setup i'll have room to put the mid fan wall back in (definitely needed IMO)

criticisms:
-I don't think the front fan screws need to be so long with use with double washers. you could easily just use the short M3x6mm screws (with no washer), and just stick them through the hole in the fan shroud like it is stock. I only didn't do this because i wasn't provided with enough of the small screws to do it as they are needed elsewhere.
-the long/tall screw heads protruding from the front of the case prevents the front dust cover/door from closing all the way.

i realize the OP/designer/maker intended to reverse air flow, but i think this is a mistake. front to back airflow is better for a server case setup.

The front fan assembly can be mounted at any depth i.e. if the door can't be closed you can reposition the fan assembly a bit further into the case.  I will note this in the assembly manual.

The bracket was designed for the at-home miner, where three fans helping to exhaust heat at the front of the case is a good setup.  You can get a version of the bracket where the GPUs are oriented to exhaust toward the back of the case.

gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:31:16 PM

A different version of the bracket is not necessary unless you’re using cards with a blower style cooler. You can simply install the fans to blow front to back. Almost all aftermarket cards vent air air in all directions axially so as long as you’re moving air past the cards to take the hot air away that’s all that matters.

I still maintain that front to back airflow makes the most sense. This is a case that is designed to be installed in a rack, and ALL rack mount setups should be pulling cold air from the front and exhausting it out the back. Unless you install this in a rack backwards, and then that just seems silly. Plus it’s a good idea to maintain a dust filter in my opinion

I solved the issue of the front fan screw heads by simply removing the plastic shroud holding the dust filter in place (the suction of the fans is enough to hold the dust filter in place). I didn’t want to move the fan mount back because I didn’t want to sacrifice cleanrance since I have 1 card that’s over 11” long and I also remounted and kept the center fan wall for extra airflow.

These are just all my preferences and thoughts for others to consider. I’m not dissatisfied with your product at all, I’m actually very happy with it. I purchased it knowing most of these things ahead of time. I saw that you were no longer selling the reverse GPU Mount, but I knew it didn’t matter anyway so I bought it as is and planned to make whatever modifications necessary.

edit:

pic of the case with fanwall back in place. you can see why it's necessary to keep the cards as far forward as possible. can't move the fanwall further back because of clearance issues with the PSU cabling

gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:46:02 PM

also, now that i look at it.

one design change you might consider would be to shorten and mount the GPU mount rail *between* the vertical front fan mount posts, rather than behind it. this will give you another 1/2" clearance or so and move the GPUs closer to the front of the case.
R0mi

Activity: 305
Merit: 148

Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:58:59 AM

I solved the issue of the front fan screw heads by simply removing the plastic shroud holding the dust filter in place (the suction of the fans is enough to hold the dust filter in place). I didn’t want to move the fan mount back because I didn’t want to sacrifice cleanrance since I have 1 card that’s over 11” long and I also remounted and kept the center fan wall for extra airflow.

I'm not following this particular point.  I have the same bracket and there were no issues as far as closing the front face place; no modifications were necessary at all.  I simply moved the frame back enough to where the side beams align with the screw holes in the case side.

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:14:26 PM

there are 2 holes about 1/4" apart where the bracket could screw in. you're probably using the rear-most hole. I chose to use the fore-most hole which puts the fans flush with the front of the case and not recessed. I did this for the extra clearance needed for an 11+" card while retaining the center fan wall.

if you dont want to keep the center fan wall then you have gobs more clearance.
going2mars

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:35:12 PM

How can I order one of this? Thank you
Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 10:04:23 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2021, 07:25:55 AM by Spotswood

I'm not following this particular point.  I have the same bracket and there were no issues as far as closing the front face place; no modifications were necessary at all.  I simply moved the frame back enough to where the side beams align with the screw holes in the case side.
There's no need to reposition the entire bracket in order to adjust for not being able to close the front door properly.

The fan sub-assembly can be secured to the base of the bracket at any position (you should only have to inset the fan sub-assembly just a couple of millimeters).   Wink

goldstarqc

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:18:09 PM

You never found a solution to the Front fans with only 2 front (on the L4000 model) to hold the Power buttons + closing / holding the front fans for all of the 3 fans?
Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 05:15:03 AM

You never found a solution to the Front fans with only 2 front (on the L4000 model) to hold the Power buttons + closing / holding the front fans for all of the 3 fans?
Yes, I have a solution for that case.  You just need to add a set of "fan tabs" to your order, which are used to attach the third fan to the bracket.

-Rich

Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 04:03:02 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2021, 07:26:13 AM by Spotswood

Example build:

Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW