Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:01:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] æternity blockchain ∞ AE TOKEN ∞ [PoW & PoS | Oracles | Smart Contracts]  (Read 274580 times)
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 12:25:21 PM

Ok, what is the threshold limit for the project? 1 million for the bounty, but which is only worth 1000 ETH, quite small bounty, Edgeless offers 10k ETH bounty.

Yes,the bounty looks to be very less when compared to other projects like Edgeless,Wetrust

It all depend on the promotion amd marketing strategy of the team, I have seen project with no bounty program that was sold out in mins. melonport is a recent example
altcoinrich

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 01:08:01 PM

Ok, what is the threshold limit for the project? 1 million for the bounty, but which is only worth 1000 ETH, quite small bounty, Edgeless offers 10k ETH bounty.

Yes,the bounty looks to be very less when compared to other projects like Edgeless,Wetrust

It all depend on the promotion amd marketing strategy of the team, I have seen project with no bounty program that was sold out in mins. melonport is a recent example

To be honest, the funding situation is not only relying on bounty participants or promoters, but also depending on the team members. You know CEO of Melonport is a famous banker, who worked in investment bank. She has many rich friends can back for her, also she has good relationship with whale investors. Different projects have different results, you are right.
vandres

Activity: 158
Merit: 12

UniFox

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 04:56:05 AM

One question: "Scalability is achieved by using (trustless) Turing-complete state channels"

I can't understand why you use trustless here? Trustless means distrustful or untrustworthy in dictionary.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/trustless
Definition of trustless
1:  not deserving of trust :  faithless
2:  distrustful

https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/trustless
Synonyms distrustful, dubious, hinky [slang], mistrustful, skeptical, suspicious, doubtful, uncertain, unconvinced, undecided, unsettled, unsure

Hi!

"trustless" usually is a confusing word.
On IT (mostly P2P networks) it's used to point systems and/or platforms where users are safe without having to trust third parties honesty while having your money on their hands. (like a Bank)
Here, when talking about state channels, It means parties transact/trade without having to trust a "third" or even between each other, while doing it lightning fast.

Taken from the whitepaper.
B. State channels
In essence, the transacting parties instantiate some state on a blockchain, e.g. an Ethereum contract or a Bitcoin multisig. They then simply send signed updates to this state between each other.
The key point is that either one of them could use these to update the state on the blockchain, but in most cases, they don’t. This allows for transactions to be conducted as fast as information can be transmitted and processed by the parties, instead of them having to wait until the transaction has been validated—and potentially finalized—by the blockchain’s consensus mechanism.

lujunqing7890

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 05:07:45 AM

To solve the problem of expansion of the Ethernet block?

vandres

Activity: 158
Merit: 12

UniFox

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 05:12:48 AM

To solve the problem of expansion of the Ethernet block?

Sorry, I'm not sure what do you mean with ethernet block.   Undecided

jeewaka

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 05:31:20 AM

Please stop have signature campaigns, and bounty campaigns. This is such a turn off for a lot of people.
Real investors, invest in sound projects.
Then you resort to these campaigns, all it does is fill the forum with beggars who have no real input to the project.

Bitdegree██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
|██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
Mercurius777

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 01:40:31 PM

One question: "Scalability is achieved by using (trustless) Turing-complete state channels"

I can't understand why you use trustless here? Trustless means distrustful or untrustworthy in dictionary.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/trustless
Definition of trustless
1:  not deserving of trust :  faithless
2:  distrustful

https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/trustless
Synonyms distrustful, dubious, hinky [slang], mistrustful, skeptical, suspicious, doubtful, uncertain, unconvinced, undecided, unsettled, unsure

Hi!

"trustless" usually is a confusing word.
On IT (mostly P2P networks) it's used to point systems and/or platforms where users are safe without having to trust third parties honesty while having your money on their hands. (like a Bank)
Here, when talking about state channels, It means parties transact/trade without having to trust a "third" or even between each other, while doing it lightning fast.

Taken from the whitepaper.
B. State channels
In essence, the transacting parties instantiate some state on a blockchain, e.g. an Ethereum contract or a Bitcoin multisig. They then simply send signed updates to this state between each other.
The key point is that either one of them could use these to update the state on the blockchain, but in most cases, they don’t. This allows for transactions to be conducted as fast as information can be transmitted and processed by the parties, instead of them having to wait until the transaction has been validated—and potentially finalized—by the blockchain’s consensus mechanism.

Maybe, to better differentiate the word from the linguistic trustless, it makes more sense to write the technical trust-less <- like this ?
Mercurius777

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 01:48:52 PM

Please stop have signature campaigns, and bounty campaigns. This is such a turn off for a lot of people.
Then you resort to these campaigns, all it does is fill the forum with beggars who have no real input to the project.

I can see your point and it is certainly valid. On the other hand it is a great advertising opportunity for blockchain projects in a community where lots of great projects started and will continue to emerge from.
These "beggars" as you refer to them are the pillars of a community that helped shaped a great deal of what crytpo and blockchain are today. Additionally everyone is free to choose his project of choice, this creates a very real market, extrapolating the interests for coming projects. I don't see what's contra productive or destructive about incentivizing users for decorating their avatar with interactive, digital advertisement.

Cheers,
Dan
Andeze17

Activity: 650
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 03:51:38 PM

I can see your point and it is certainly valid. On the other hand it is a great advertising opportunity for blockchain projects in a community where lots of great projects started and will continue to emerge from.
These "beggars" as you refer to them are the pillars of a community that helped shaped a great deal of what crytpo and blockchain are today. Additionally everyone is free to choose his project of choice, this creates a very real market, extrapolating the interests for coming projects. I don't see what's contra productive or destructive about incentivizing users for decorating their avatar with interactive, digital advertisement.

Cheers,
Dan

Great answer! While a lot of the signature and bounty campaigns are abused, there is no doubt that they do advertise and create awareness about the coins.
kicauklaten

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 04:10:21 PM

I want to joined social network campaign sir
thank you

aeternity (OP)

Activity: 1019
Merit: 105

æternity - scalable smart contracts

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2017, 12:39:20 PM

thank you

Soon! Smiley

zrunfeng

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 05:14:12 AM

The Main net launch - Q1 2018?LOL,too long too see...
kipoel

Activity: 826
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 05:40:36 AM

thank you

Soon! Smiley

Cannot waiting æternity bounty campaign info sir
royalfestus

Activity: 2422
Merit: 516

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 06:03:57 AM

2018 mainnet Smiley
it is very long to see bitcoin go to the moon and maybe I'll bookmark this

Yes, i think 2018 is verry long time for mainnet and coin distributions Smiley
This was the first challenge I noticed with the project. A comment was made on the first page of the thread and was not handle seriously. To invest in project that will hold your fund down for more than a year is not the wisest thing to do while some project even at beta stage are coming with ICO. Even projects that didnt give us dates are giving us concern, most of them will receive fund and hibernate without any updates on blogs, tweet and site. It is a difficult decision to invest into.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
aeternity (OP)

Activity: 1019
Merit: 105

æternity - scalable smart contracts

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2017, 09:25:36 AM

Guys, our first contest is live now!

More information here.

Regards

michele21

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 09:28:58 AM

me too, cannot waiting æternity bounty campaign info?
Pipesnake
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 09:55:52 AM

me too, cannot waiting æternity bounty campaign info?

You need to be minimum a member to join the campaign as per rules,check the first page

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
lujunqing7890

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2017, 10:10:33 AM

2018 launched the main network, that time the ether may have solved their problems.

steveds
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 11:13:06 AM

How much funds are you guys trying to collect? Minimum required to move forward.

Also, I don't see any confirmation regarding escrow , are there no escrow agents for this coin?

Thanks.
Freaks
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 11:21:22 AM

2018 launched the main network, that time the ether may have solved their problems.

I hope so till than Eth will get sorted these bugs as development is going nice. Time frame is too long to launch the mainnet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: