Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:07:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] æternity blockchain ∞ AE TOKEN ∞ [PoW & PoS | Oracles | Smart Contracts]  (Read 274574 times)
TeraBite
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 03:18:39 PM

Project seems excellent though what is the total supply for the crowdsale? thanks

It will be unlimited to raise more funds as much as they can like The DAO. This crowdsale is delayed for long time still no decision about the time frame.

MEGATRON  -  THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION       
                        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER         LAUNCH EVENT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN                 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Khilone7

Activity: 952
Merit: 530

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 03:28:40 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2017, 03:41:28 PM by Khilone7

I'm pretty interested in making a sizable investment, and I strongly agree with everything Elevated has said.

The stuff about how its difficult to make a sizable investment without knowing how much of a stake you will have is all valid and true, but the really important point for me is that an uncapped ICO makes me think the developers dont know how much money they need : they just want "everything they can get" and figure it out later. I would much rather invest in a project with a determined budget, where they have a good idea what they can do with X amount of money, rather than raise it all and figure it out later.

It betrays a lack of business acumen and savvy and makes you look a bit more like you jus want to raise as much as you can get, rather than what you NEED.

The stuff about wanting as many people to take part has some validity, but its equally open to everybody even with a cap, and the token swill be trad-able immediately so people can get involved whenever they want, so I dont think thats a good argument

The arguments of
a) it does not look good to potential investors : makes you look simply like money grabbers without a specific plan for doing X with Y raised, and doing Z if W is raised, etc
b) It makes it much more difficult to make a large investment in the early rounds because you dont know how much is going to be raised so therefore cant evaluate it properly (as an investor)

are much stronger imo, and should be adhered to. The fact ETH was uncapped 2+ years ago really isnt relevant anymore.

Great post by Elevated and also the post above.

Crypto is maturing with the day. Projects evolve and need to act more like real businesses. The investors are taking a risk to put money into your project. As an possible investor for me its important to know that you have thought about the financial aspect.

Just like a real business who seeks for investment, they would need a solid business plan and also a plan with the costs and return of investment for the possible investors.

In crypto it would be enough to know how much funds you would need for your project. I am sure you guys have calculated these kind of things, cause you seem like a really professional team. Any decent professional team would know these things before starting an ICO.

So the way I am looking at it. I want the project to have enough funding for development, marketing etc. But I also want the investors to have a fair chance of a ROI. They are putting the risk into it at the end of the day.

The best way to achieve this, is to put a cap onto it. For example your budget shows you, you need around $ 5 million, you would take some % for unexpected costs and that will be your cap.

Taking as much money as you can get is greedy and is a bad sign to your investors who helped made the project possible and successful. Most investors become valuable members of the community as well, and help with promoting, testing etc.

You have mentioned before that you value your early investors and community. A cap would fit with those words.

So in my eyes a cap would be to show your good faith to your early investors and community members and also would show us your professionalism by knowing the amount you need to fund your project. As every legit project / business should know.

---------------

In the blog for the ICO I saw the first 1.000 investors with 12 ETH or more will get a special threat. Does this only count for investments in ETH or also for BTC. It still isn't clear how the BTC investing works to me.

Also is there an instruction regarding how one can participate in ETH. I read somewhere you need to have an Aeternity wallet? It would help if there are instructions before the ICO is launched.

Thanks for your consideration and good luck with the project.
Merovingian

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 04:50:59 PM

I'm pretty interested in making a sizable investment, and I strongly agree with everything Elevated has said.

The stuff about how its difficult to make a sizable investment without knowing how much of a stake you will have is all valid and true, but the really important point for me is that an uncapped ICO makes me think the developers dont know how much money they need : they just want "everything they can get" and figure it out later. I would much rather invest in a project with a determined budget, where they have a good idea what they can do with X amount of money, rather than raise it all and figure it out later.

It betrays a lack of business acumen and savvy and makes you look a bit more like you jus want to raise as much as you can get, rather than what you NEED.

The stuff about wanting as many people to take part has some validity, but its equally open to everybody even with a cap, and the token swill be trad-able immediately so people can get involved whenever they want, so I dont think thats a good argument

The arguments of
a) it does not look good to potential investors : makes you look simply like money grabbers without a specific plan for doing X with Y raised, and doing Z if W is raised, etc
b) It makes it much more difficult to make a large investment in the early rounds because you dont know how much is going to be raised so therefore cant evaluate it properly (as an investor)

are much stronger imo, and should be adhered to. The fact ETH was uncapped 2+ years ago really isnt relevant anymore.

Crypto is maturing with the day. Projects evolve and need to act more like real businesses. The investors are taking a risk to put money into your project. As an possible investor for me its important to know that you have thought about the financial aspect.

Just like a real business who seeks for investment, they would need a solid business plan and also a plan with the costs and return of investment for the possible investors.

In crypto it would be enough to know how much funds you would need for your project. I am sure you guys have calculated these kind of things, cause you seem like a really professional team. Any decent professional team would know these things before starting an ICO.

So the way I am looking at it. I want the project to have enough funding for development, marketing etc. But I also want the investors to have a fair chance of a ROI. They are putting the risk into it at the end of the day.

The best way to achieve this, is to put a cap onto it. For example your budget shows you, you need around $ 5 million, you would take some % for unexpected costs and that will be your cap.

Taking as much money as you can get is greedy and is a bad sign to your investors who helped made the project possible and successful. Most investors become valuable members of the community as well, and help with promoting, testing etc.

You have mentioned before that you value your early investors and community. A cap would fit with those words.

So in my eyes a cap would be to show your good faith to your early investors and community members and also would show us your professionalism by knowing the amount you need to fund your project. As every legit project / business should know.

---------------

In the blog for the ICO I saw the first 1.000 investors with 12 ETH or more will get a special threat. Does this only count for investments in ETH or also for BTC. It still isn't clear how the BTC investing works to me.

Also is there an instruction regarding how one can participate in ETH. I read somewhere you need to have an Aeternity wallet? It would help if there are instructions before the ICO is launched.

Here is what the blog post says about this:
Use the æternity wallet, which is optimized to make the contribution process as easy as possible. Alternatively, you can use your ETH wallet, just make sure that you are the only one who has access to your private key.

So, you don't really have to have an Aeternity wallet to contribute, there is no AE wallet right now anyway. For BTC investings you should get in touch up front (now) with Bitcoin Suisse.
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 11:48:55 PM

The arguments of

---------------

I concur with the other two gentlemen. Also the main net won't be ready till 2018.. So two things I don't care for. It is uncapped and can raise whatever amount. The main net won't be up until 2018.

Avalanche is a must own
jethroau6336

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 05:36:28 AM

Because im still a newbie, I apologize for any errors I make in my interpretation (please correct me if im wrong!).

When was I reading the whitepaper and I had a few questions that I hope someone in this forum could shed some light on!  Smiley

Firstly, whats is the max cap of aeons? And if there isnt, could you explain the mechanics of the market-maker referred to in the whitepaper? I am interested in knowing what constitutes as a "fair price".

Secondly, based on what I've experienced with Augur, questions in prediction markets are language-specific. If there were two oracle questions regarding the same topic in two different languages, and the accepted results are different. How would the oracle be able to differentiate between what the 'true result' is?

Lagniappe

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 05:53:24 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2017, 06:38:16 AM by Lagniappe

Yani, Zack, Jack, (and all others associated with this project, and members of this website)

I'm Norman. I've had my eye on the project for a long time, mainly because of my assumption that if it takes off, Samsung and Apple (Google....) will have no choice but to adopt the technology. I'd like some of that action. Please put me down as one of the first 1000 contributors to have contributed 12 Ethereum or more to your campaign, as I read about on your website. I haven't decided how much I'm going to throw at this, I'm thinking, 20 or so. If Samsung and Apple's RnD departments adopt this technology, I forsee this as being something interesting. Surprised nobody has mentioned that. Matchpool will make it easy to run around, too, so...I'm gonna toss 20 eth at that as well. I assume both will be successful, which is why I'm only picking >these two<. At first, I didn't realize that this technology would be compatible with Ethereum, but once I read the whitepaper and understood that it is intended to be utilized by smartphones and mobile data mostly, once I realized that, it seemed to fit into the picture with Ethereum a lot better.
I've been involved with crypto mining since early 2016. My main target has always been Ethereum, and run my rigs on Ubuntu 14.04.3 and  build my rigs 6 cards each. I'm about to double my farm size, and am very excited about that. I wish everyone here who is involved with cryptocurrency the best.

Personally, I am going to invest an equal amount in both of them (this and Match) Was stubborn in 2013 with Bitcoin, learned that lesson the hard way and only dipped a toe in. I paid the price for it, but, that's trial and error for you. Wouldn't have made it here, if I didn't trip up back there.
Stay after it.

Best,
Norman
Strong LLC Mining Co
Lagniappe

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 06:04:52 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2017, 06:25:06 AM by Lagniappe

The arguments of

---------------

I concur with the other two gentlemen. Also the main net won't be ready till 2018.. So two things I don't care for. It is uncapped and can raise whatever amount. The main net won't be up until 2018.

I would not be at all concerned with any kind of underhandedness. I come from Louisiana, down here, I know corruption when I see it; it's everywhere, and I'm not saying there isn't a little here. It is the human condition.  But, I'm relaxed, since Vitalik's picture is all over their website, openly displayed as someone who would recommend this type of technology. Vitalik has really gone out on a limb, for all real respects that I would be concerned. He would look extremely stupid if this project failed, and I'm assuming Ethereum will tie into it somehow. *Already is, at least the ICO Smiley* I don't see him (VB) a guy as making a move like this without a positive financialreason behind it, just my opinion.  I don't think he'd be on board with something if it was bullsh!t. Sorry if that sounded elementary. gut, instinctual feelings usually are. if i were to have censored or altered that, it wouldn't have been the same. The legal muscle, Lior, is also involved with Matchpool's crowdfund, which means, if the legal arm of both of these teams is linked to VB, it makes me more comfortable somehow. Like i said, gut feeling.

Out of pure useability, Aeternity is the no brainer of those two projects, everyone uses smartphones, even children. Only people around 18+ care to be on an adult website, so if I had to make a choice, I'd pick Aeternity.

Again, concerning your risk concerns, I'd be more worried about having money on large exchanges, especially if Metropolis is properly rolled out. Cold storage, friend.  My plan? Dont be flashy. People will want to take it if they see it.  I don't mind driving a 10 year old truck,   or wearing beat up tennis shoes.
Lie detection, this should be good, just don't use it on me! ~~

Best,
Norman
Strong LLC Mining Co
Lagniappe

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 06:43:14 AM

good luck with the sale. I'm going to pass as there is no cap..

I also read the whole whitepaper but couldn't find any information about the maximum supply. It mean supply will be unlimited. Is I am right or I missed something there?

There is no cap, but there is also no cap on Ethereum. The cap goes up as time goes on, as in the cap is infinity but humans don't live to infinity, so we don't experience the effect of it being infinity , nor does it matter. The amount goes up as time goes on. 

amintek15

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 08:01:03 AM

I'm new here but my ETH are ready for tomorrow !
so aeters will be on market at the mainnet launch in Q1 2018 ?? we shouldn't expect them before right ?
vdramaliev

Activity: 553
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 10:12:43 AM

I also read the whole whitepaper but couldn't find any information about the maximum supply. It mean supply will be unlimited. Is I am right or I missed something there?

Hey in addition to the presented reply on this point, I can add that the inflation rate (amount of new tokens in a block) can be changed by user consensus. It is one of the fundamental system variables that could be changed by user consensus.

Regards,
Vlad

vdramaliev

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 10:20:24 AM

so aeters will be on market at the mainnet launch in Q1 2018 ?? we shouldn't expect them before right ?

After Phase 2 is complete, everyone who participated will get ERC20 AE tokens which will be tradable between users. Exchanges will be announced in a timely manner as well.

Regards,
Vlad

denam

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 10:26:18 AM

After Phase 2 is complete, everyone who participated will get ERC20 AE tokens which will be tradable between users. Exchanges will be announced in a timely manner as well.

Regards,
Vlad

At the moment you don't have any plan for listing on any exchange. But this thing is making confused why no maximum cap for this crowdsale and also nothing about minimum?
konemota

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 12:30:05 PM

Being the member of crypto society for a month, just want to be sure. Can i use jaxx wallet for my contribution to the aeternety project? Thanks.
Xalib

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 12:42:45 PM

Being the member of crypto society for a month, just want to be sure. Can i use jaxx wallet for my contribution to the aeternety project? Thanks.
As I understood it will be an ethereum token, so you can use every wallet supporting ETH.
sotisoti

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 12:44:45 PM

At the moment you don't have any plan for listing on any exchange. But this thing is making confused why no maximum cap for this crowdsale and also nothing about minimum?
iirc they want to collect as much fund as possible to boost the project so no maximum cap for the crowdsale...

Bitrated user: sotisoti.
vdramaliev

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 01:14:43 PM

Regards,
Vlad

Hey, we get the "no limit" question a lot. Please look at the comments above for an answer.

We believe that the exchange question will be settled between Phase 1 and Phase 2. We are currently in negotiations.

Regards,
Vlad

vdramaliev

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 01:23:05 PM

Hey I am not 100% sure how the Jaxx wallet works. Wallets are different.

The most important point to remember is that YOU NEED TO KNOW THE PRIVATE KEY, for the address that you are sending your contribution from. We are currently setting up a web wallet that you will be able to use in order to contribute and we will provide clear instructions on how to use it.

It is more or less this:

If you are not 100% sure that you know your private key and you can copy/paste it:

1. Generate a new ETH address using our web wallet application (a few clicks);
2. Write down your private and public keys;
3. Send the ETH to your newly generated ETH wallet (from your Jaxx wallet, an exchange, a hardware wallet or anything else);
4. Send your contribution from the just generated wallet.

Regards,
Vlad

amintek15

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 02:59:17 PM

Hey I am not 100% sure how the Jaxx wallet works. Wallets are different.

The most important point to remember is that YOU NEED TO KNOW THE PRIVATE KEY, for the address that you are sending your contribution from. We are currently setting up a web wallet that you will be able to use in order to contribute and we will provide clear instructions on how to use it.

It is more or less this:

If you are not 100% sure that you know your private key and you can copy/paste it:

1. Generate a new ETH address using our web wallet application (a few clicks);
2. Write down your private and public keys;
3. Send the ETH to your newly generated ETH wallet (from your Jaxx wallet, an exchange, a hardware wallet or anything else);
4. Send your contribution from the just generated wallet.

Regards,
Vlad

We will be able to create a wallet on your application tomorrow ? I can't find it
thanks
druegun

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 08:17:26 PM

In a video I watched from a meetup earlier this month Yani said they wan'ted to raise 1,000,000 eth so about $50,000,000 at current prices.  Seems like a huge amount but I think they do really need to significantly expand their team if they intend to achieve their goals on time.
AWildKeccakAppears

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 08:54:25 PM

Along with the AE tokens created from the crowdsale, how many tokens will be created and reserved for the founders or the foundation? E.g. an extra 10% of tokens created through the crowdsale will be created and reserved by the founders, or maybe a set amount regardless of money raised.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: