Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:53:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317676 times)
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 05:16:31 PM

If you can add segwit why not be the first coin to do so??  Grin

Segwit is already activated on Groestlcoin! So not the first coin, but maybe one of few candidates on market, who could do that.

Greetz
Steve

Well, it may not be the first coin to do since there are several alts which have implemented SegWit into their code, but if Mooncoin would become a candidate towards SegWit adoption, then it would be great.

This would be a nice addition for MOON, as it will increase its transaction capacity, and make it even more useful for micropayments. If this would be combined with the new proposed mining algorithm called argon2, then it would greatly improve Mooncoin itself.

The most important thing though, is decentralization, and if Mooncoin takes this as its priority, it would become successful for years to come. With the new mining algo, it will greatly decentralize mining even further, leaving room for any average Joe to mine MOON without the need for ASICs or any other expensive hardware.

Nevertheless, if Mooncoin becomes the first cryptocurrency to adopt SegWit, its price will increase tenfold as it will gather the attention of major traders and investors on the markets. Just my thoughts.  Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Evangelo

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:28:22 AM

Nova Exchange has changed the blockchain confirmations from 999 to 250 !!!! Great news !!!

XP Address: XKzDDembVTqPWk77GPFiUGzKc1eySuwNMR
eXperience Points (XP) | Visit: xpcoin.io for more information
barrysty1e

Activity: 636
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 10:13:13 AM

Nova Exchange has changed the blockchain confirmations from 999 to 250 !!!! Great news !!!

I'm glad to see that the latest additions to the codebase have qualmed any potential fears as to the blockchains stability; which are 100% reflected in the reduction of confirmations required from NovaExchange.

Take a week away from cryptocurrency and so much happens! Smiley

james

my father wears sneakers in the pool
agswinner
Legendary

Activity: 1375
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 12:49:14 PM

Intesa Sanpaolo Trials Data Recordkeeping on the Blockchain - CoinDesk
http://www.coindesk.com/intesa-sanpaolo-trade-data-bitcoin-blockchain/

It's like MOON Word ....  Roll Eyes

Mooncoin Community New Fund address : MLfg3H5V81ZKBHA8qe35U2L28T2sgXkY1L
Web wallet : https://cointopay.com , Mooncoin web :  http://mooncoin.com
http://twitter.com/mooncoinitalia , https://www.facebook.com/mooncoin.italia/
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 01:51:54 PM

Intesa Sanpaolo Trials Data Recordkeeping on the Blockchain - CoinDesk
http://www.coindesk.com/intesa-sanpaolo-trade-data-bitcoin-blockchain/

It's like MOON Word ....  Roll Eyes

No, it's not,
their Eternity Wall project allows to record data onto blockchain,
but doesn't allow to do it directly by an user in a simple way.

MOON Word does:
http://mooncoin.com/moonword

The idea of recordkeeping on the blockchain is not new,
however MOON Word is the first to make it simple for everyone, without 3rd parties.

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 02:00:27 PM

Other blockchain recordkeeping platforms
whether ask to buy their currency (e.g. Factom - factoids),
or ask to pay mBitcoins to them,
some projects are free though,
anyway they work like:
1) you send to them what you want to record
2) they record your data on the blockchain.
Their platforms are 3rd parties, it's not you, who directly record on the blockchain and who fully controls the process of recording.

With MOON Word you fully control the process of recording, it's you directly who writes things on the blockchain, and you do it in a simple, intuitive way.

coinflow
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:07:22 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2017, 05:22:13 PM by coinflow

I already proposed that many months (years?) ago, but any change of the algo in that way was declined categorically by Mooncoin_Foundation.

i'd say probably for good reason to a point; not the easiest thing to do and guarantee compatibility, definitely not something you'd want a fly by night dev in charge of. so far argon2 has been mildly difficult to implement, but more patching, compiling, waiting and revising to be done.

The only good reason for this was, that there was no dev available capable of doing that, at that time; maybe you could? But that was no reason to handle it that way. Anyway, those times seem to be over now. As said, MOON had the problems with the temporarily halted blockchain for quite a long time. So that is no new phenomenon. In fact, it was the beginning of the long way down first time, when the blockchain halted for several weeks, after the first rush was over and KGW was not yet implemented. So anything that will stabilize/even out the block-finding time under any circumstances is welcome.

It was mentioned, that the reward scheme should be changed again. I don't think it will be a big factor for this. Moreover: Reducing the reward drastically, will prevent the ones to keep the chain going from mining MOON. It is kind of a chicken-and-egg problem. What MOON is in need of: investors, that will put money into this currency. Especially then it is negligible to a great deal, whether MOON pays out 29531, ~17000, 5000 or even less as a block reward, since there are so many units already in circulation. When the price rises, these additional units will not make a difference, as soon as an old MOON-whale rises their head and puts a stash into the market to get out. The only thing that will help, is continually buying coins at these low prices and/or wait. To display patience is a big part of MOON.

See here for progress on the Mooncoin-p2pool-problem: https://github.com/Rav3nPL/p2pool-rav/issues/103

i had advised you that the reason for p2pool not working; is its requirement for getwork (p2pool requires getwork for low latency and this is why it works so well), as getblocktemplate isnt instant - in fact getblocktemplate (and its blocking of submitblock thread) has been responsible for many a lost bitcoin block over time. there are some classic back/forth jabs on github (or even here i think) between kano and luke-jr on this topic.

getwork isn't impossible (nor that difficult) to reimplement back into the codebase, however i'm not sure if an argon2-based coin has ever been trialled on p2pool - might be an idea to ask around first.

That was/is not the problem, as it seems. P2Pool still works with the new wallet/Mooncoind. The issue was resolved by the kind help of Rav3nPL: https://github.com/Rav3nPL/p2pool-rav/issues/103
Thanks to him. The Mooncoin P2Pool-scanner: http://5.45.105.66 - it discovers and lists P2Pool-nodes automagically. Happy mining!

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 05:22:11 PM

It's more than clear that MOON needs more investors, etc.
how to make it real - that's the problem.
We can easily say: we need more investors! But will it make investors join MOON?

Block rewards is kind of a chicken-and-egg problem... maybe yes, generally,
but not in case of Mooncoin at the moment:
we all understand that Mooncoin is traded at sub-satoshi markets,
and big investors never buy at sub-satoshi markets, Mooncoin is below their radars currently (and for the last several years).

Buying MOON for DOGE and LTC at small exchanges also scares common people, who are new to crypto.
Many people have heard of MOON, some read us, but new people don't feel comfortable with buying it, it's not very simple: first buy LTC or DOGE, and only then - MOON.
Block reward reduce is needed to let MOON enter BTC markets and big exchanges (e.g. Bittrex promised to list MOON after entering BTC markets). People saw when Mooncoin network was stuck for a while recently and there were no new coins from miners, Mooncoin price was rising, when the chain started to move again and became stable, the price was instantly dumped and now remains low, also more than enough experience from previous years, not this case only.

coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 05:44:36 PM

We can easily say: we need more investors! But will it make investors join MOON?

and big investors never buy at sub-satoshi markets, Mooncoin is below their radars currently (and for the last several years).

Buying MOON for DOGE and LTC at small exchanges also scares common people, who are new to crypto.
Many people have heard of MOON, some read us, but new people don't feel comfortable with buying it, it's not very simple: first buy LTC or DOGE, and only then - MOON.
Block reward reduce is needed to let MOON enter BTC markets and big exchanges (e.g. Bittrex promised to list MOON after entering BTC markets). People saw when Mooncoin network was stuck for a while recently and there were no new coins from miners, Mooncoin price was rising, when the chain started to move again and became stable, the price was instantly dumped and now remains low, also more than enough experience from previous years, not this case only.

You are expecting too much from reduced rewards. They will not be the remedy. Let's face it: as soon as the price enters "interesting" regions again, the whales will dump the price down. No matter how low the reward. So the amount of the reward is only a secondary area of conflict and plays no bigger role.

You are right, that Mooncoin is still under the radar, but as you see, developing gimmicks like MoonLite or MoonWord are no solution for that problem either (btw.: have you considered it might be problematic, if someone writes something illegal into the chain, that is not erasable afterwards? That could even lead to becoming illegal to host the blockchain completely).

Remember that the idea of Mooncoin once was to make it desirable as a collectible and interesting as a stable store of value.

metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 05:55:19 PM

You are right, that Mooncoin is still under the radar, but as you see, developing gimmicks like MoonLite or MoonWord are no solution for that problem either (btw.: have you considered it might be problematic, if someone writes something illegal into the chain, that is not erasable afterwards? That could even lead to becoming illegal to host the blockchain completely).

I am just curious: Tell me one example of an illegal text on the blockchain...

Greetz
Steve
Evangelo

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 05:59:57 PM

I understand exactly what you mean, I've been thinking of ways that would influence new comers to crypto currency to buy Mooncoin especially, and that is the most challenging task, a few has come to mind, e.g. mobile apps(video games mostly), debit card(similar to dash, however, they have high trade volume so exchanges are willing to trade Dash/USD, Dash/EUR etc.) so on and so forth. I believe we can take the market buy storm with a more unique idea. I've been of course speaking with the XP dev, currently he is working on a website where schools, businesses, etc., will be able to integrate XP with educational or business programs and manage XP from there as well, although that will be tedious work. XP will then have leverage over more dominate cryptocurrency, I believe that will be the angle that altcoins will have to take to get leverage and build momentum. For example if we integrated Mooncoin with open source science software(e.g. the scoring system) that our world school systems use, not only could we sell the idea effectively, but we could gain an incredible amount of interest in a very short time, especially with a demo product(just an idea for another different or unique approach).

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 06:02:47 PM

You are expecting too much from reduced rewards. They will not be the remedy. Let's face it: as soon as the price enters "interesting" regions again, the whales will dump the price down. No matter how low the reward. So the amount of the reward is only a secondary area of conflict and plays no bigger role.

I don't think so. People who wanted to sell, already sold during these years - mostly.
Maybe we will see very fast rising of MOON and entering BTC markets, then some whales definitely sell at 1-3 Sat, but big money at large exchanges very easily will eat coins from these whales, and then we'll see the second life of MOON.
Anyway expectations also matter. Low inflation leads to absolutely different expectations.
There is one situation when people see how miners dump a price every day. There is another situation when people see how less and less coins remain at the market every day.

You are right, that Mooncoin is still under the radar, but as you see, developing gimmicks like MoonLite or MoonWord are no solution for that problem also (btw.: have you considered it might be problematic, if someone writes something illegal into the chain, that is not erasable afterwards? That could even lead to becoming illegal to host the blockchain completely).

Remember that the idea of Mooncoin once was to make it desirable as a collectible and interesting as a stable store of value.

I don't think that MOON is a collectible or only collectible, some another "collectibles" are traded at Cryptopia and their market cap is 1000 dollars or about it.
Mooncoin was built with future in mind and our long term strategy is real usage. 

I wouldn't call 'gimmicks' innovative things like MoonLite and MoonWord, a lot of work is behind these projects and yet a lot to do, I wouldn't underestimate them either.

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 06:09:10 PM

Greetz
Steve

Not a good idea to post an illegal text even in here Smiley

it's not the point with MoonWord: you can read any MoonWord record on the blockchain only if you submit a Mooncoin address to read its records,
it's like if someone writes something illegal in his room, don't enter it and you will not read what is written there Smiley

coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 06:42:54 PM

Greetz
Steve
Even if you don't find one now, the danger is there.
Just think about copyright. It would be unprofessional not to consider this.

Not a good idea to post an illegal text even in here Smiley

it's not the point with MoonWord: you can read any MoonWord record on the blockchain only if you submit a Mooncoin address to read its records,
it's like if someone writes something illegal in his room, don't enter it and you will not read what is written there Smiley

How is MoonWord constructed to let people only record contents to addresses, they own/control themselves (i.e. their own addresses), so that possible dubious contents will not be connected with another one's address?

Have you thought about the problem that Microsoft could sue Mooncoin for using their trademark?

Again, it is a matter of professionalism, to ask these questions. Especially because - see your other post - you say "Mooncoin was built with future in mind" - which - btw - is not contrary at all to first of all seeing Mooncoin as a stable store of value and a desirable collectible. Who could be against these two basics?

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 07:25:36 PM

How is MoonWord constructed to let people only record contents to addresses, they own/control themselves (i.e. their own addresses), so that possible dubious contents will not be connected with another one's address?

Have you thought about the problem that Microsoft could sue Mooncoin for using their trademark?

All these questions are very evident, and of course they were answered even before building MOON Word, except maybe possible Microsoft battle in the court with MOON Smiley just due to using the word 'WORD' in the header of decentralized project, not sure if they do have a monopoly for using the word "WORD") or did you mean other Microsoft projects, some have a word 'light' in their names...

As for possible 'dubious contents', the point is not that they are connected to one's address,
the point is that though they are recorded onto blockchain, it's not like writing on your personal Facebook or Twitter page or in other way - publically,
NO, using MOON Word you are able to associate records with any Mooncoin address (however it's configured that if you use it with your own address, it's completely free, you send MOON to your own address, if you want to associate a record with another address, you'll need to send a lot of MOON to this address, that feature can be used potentially for paid short messages, or decentralized voting, or advertisements on someone's address, anyway due to that an address holder is not responsible for records, linked to his address, as anyone may record them).

If someone wants to record something illegal onto blockchain, remember, that anyway it will be encoded first.
So it's not like children will read the blockchain and will see terrible things or anything.

To read the blockchain people need
1) a decoder
2) to know the address to read

(like it's seen at http://mooncoin.com/moonword)

And the decoder is not the blockchain.

In fact it is a decoder which allows to read the blockchain, just don't read the address with your decoder and you're fine.
If there are bad things which people write on the blockchain, it's not a problem at all - to code a simple filter for a decoder, just like a filter for your browser that blocks unwanted content.
Of course, bad guys always may write their own decoders which will read their bad content, even with another decoding table, but that is what doesn't depend on us and on whether MOON Word exists or not.

Evangelo

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:16:32 PM

Is there anyone who could assist me with building an authentic Mooncoin faucet(Web app)? I have an idea that I would like to execute  Smiley

Evangelo

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 05:35:33 AM

Is there anyone who could assist me with building an authentic Mooncoin faucet(Web app)? I have an idea that I would like to execute  Smiley

Hey guys,

I will be working with the designers on a live demo of project "MOON Edu.". MOON Edu., at this time is a web based app that is similar to Blackboard, but built with intuitivity in mind along the Mooncoin blockchain. This 1st version of MOON Edu., will be not be a finalized demo, but enough to get the idea across for some feedback and opinions.

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 11:02:03 AM

Hey guys,

I will be working with the designers on a live demo of project "MOON Edu.". MOON Edu., at this time is a web based app that is similar to Blackboard, but built with intuitivity in mind along the Mooncoin blockchain. This 1st version of MOON Edu., will be not be a finalized demo, but enough to get the idea across for some feedback and opinions.

Great!
That looks like really a good initiative.
Mooncoin was built in the name of peace and progress.
Educational projects on top of Mooncoin blockchain will fit well the Mooncoin concept.

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 07:51:34 AM

Designers have almost completed the new Mooncoin website,
it will be announced after some minor editing.

Jenny Moll

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:54:53 AM

This is a very old coin. Do not know the development of good?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: