Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 11:25:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ORO] OroCoin ■ Join TeamORO! ■ C-Cex | NOVA | Cryptopia | CoinExchange  (Read 29225 times)
alt213

Activity: 537
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 06:30:42 PM

all coin are bitcoin clone......so eth, doge and so are all scam?
at your point of view eth is in the same programming and innovation level of orocoin , ok then good luck to invest all your BTC in this felt legit project.
OroCoinCS (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 06:31:13 PM

i feel project is legit and dev are honest!
first of all this Dev ask money for simple scrypt clone coin.

second, read carefully this quote from dev .

Maybe you have difficulty with reading comprehension, but we are not opposed to using Escrow when requested Smiley 100% OK with us.

Because we are fans of ICOs ourselves, and had people requesting it when we were initially pitching our concept.

Third,take a look on EMIRG coin thread, especially twitter bounty, then comeback here and tell again if this project looks legit to you.

Ok, first of all, this is not a "simple" clone coin. Maybe you have reading comprehension problems too, but creating a coin with a variable block reward based on an ever-changing value of a commodity is not as simple as just cloning something else and throwing it out there Smiley Are we basing our coin on litecoin? Yes. But are there unique changes, such as the variable block reward? YES!

Secondly, are you trying to say that just because we offered a Twitter bounty that makes us somehow a scam? Come on. Get out of here with that nonsense.

Like I said earlier, I completely understand people who are hesitant about new coins because of past scams. All I ask is that people who are hesitant simply wait and see what we do, rather than coming in here and making wild accusations without knowing us or knowing anything about our project. Just wait and see instead of accusing. We don't care if people choose not to get involved in our project, that is their choice.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ OROCOIN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"The new 'gold standard' of cryptocurrency."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Our TwitterOur WebsiteOur ANN Thread Our SlackTrade ORO on C-Cex ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 06:36:48 PM

i feel project is legit and dev are honest!
first of all this Dev ask money for simple scrypt clone coin.

second, read carefully this quote from dev .

Maybe you have difficulty with reading comprehension, but we are not opposed to using Escrow when requested Smiley 100% OK with us.

Because we are fans of ICOs ourselves, and had people requesting it when we were initially pitching our concept.

Third,take a look on EMIRG coin thread, especially twitter bounty, then comeback here and tell again if this project looks legit to you.

Ok, first of all, this is not a "simple" clone coin. Maybe you have reading comprehension problems too, but creating a coin with a variable block reward based on an ever-changing value of a commodity is not as simple as just cloning something else and throwing it out there Smiley Are we basing our coin on litecoin? Yes. But are there unique changes, such as the variable block reward? YES!

Secondly, are you trying to say that just because we offered a Twitter bounty that makes us somehow a scam? Come on. Get out of here with that nonsense.

Like I said earlier, I completely understand people who are hesitant about new coins because of past scams. All I ask is that people who are hesitant simply wait and see what we do, rather than coming in here and making wild accusations without knowing us or knowing anything about our project. Just wait and see instead of accusing. We don't care if people choose not to get involved in our project, that is their choice.

sweet.....

simple question again then...

If you can launch your coin without an ICO, why are you doing an ICO?

no bs answers please...
OroCoinCS (OP)

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 06:45:13 PM

sweet.....

no bs answers please...

I'm not kidding when I say we were asked/suggested to do so. We have some people outside of the typical crypto space who wanted to get involved, so we created a way for them to do so. We also figured it would be nice to offer some early bird bonuses.

Like I said though, if you don't want to participate, that is perfectly fine. No hard feelings from us  Grin

We hope to begin rolling out source, wallet software, etc. later today and start up the pools who have expressed interest in mining. We are also in the process of getting exchange listings going. Ignore the ICO if you want to, but stay tuned to our progress.

Thanks!

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Our TwitterOur WebsiteOur ANN Thread Our SlackTrade ORO on C-Cex ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 06:51:15 PM

sweet.....

no bs answers please...

I'm not kidding when I say we were asked/suggested to do so. We have some people outside of the typical crypto space who wanted to get involved, so we created a way for them to do so. We also figured it would be nice to offer some early bird bonuses.

Like I said though, if you don't want to participate, that is perfectly fine. No hard feelings from us  Grin

We hope to begin rolling out source, wallet software, etc. later today and start up the pools who have expressed interest in mining. We are also in the process of getting exchange listings going. Ignore the ICO if you want to, but stay tuned to our progress.

Thanks!

interesting......

let's see if these outside investors have deep pockets then....

Grin

alt213

Activity: 537
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 06:52:07 PM

Tutorial: how to make 10s of easy bitcoins
Go to youtube > watch some tutorial about cloning litecoin > clone the code source with small changes like block time etc....>create bct thread (not moderated one) and launch coin > spend some money on making fancy website..bounty > launch ICO > enjoy the easy bitcoins.
OroCoinCS (OP)

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 07:07:44 PM

Tutorial: how to make 10s of easy bitcoins
Go to youtube > watch some tutorial about cloning litecoin > clone the code source with small changes like block time etc....>create bct thread (not moderated one) and launch coin > spend some money on making fancy website..bounty > launch ICO > enjoy the easy bitcoins.

Obviously it's much more complicated than that.

First and foremost, you need something unique to add to the project. We believe our block reward method is unique, in using the price of gold to dictate the block reward and keep it adjusting accordingly.

Secondly, you need a dedicated team to support the project, fix things that go wrong, and continue innovating and developing features over time.

Last but not least, you need community outreach, marketing, and community support.

I know a lot of people think this is a simple task, but it's not. Especially if you want to stay in it for the long run, as we will.

P.S. For those of you involved in the Twitter campaign, all remaining payments have been sent today. Thanks for participating!

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 07:25:04 PM

@OP who started this thread:

You bastard! I only read the first couple grafs of the OP and I must say INGENIOUS!

Question: Can you do the same for a altcoin pegged to silver? I'm thinking AGC (AgC) for its symbol if available. Same ask for platinum (PTC or PtC). Is there an ongoing spot price for latinum (Star Trek)?

This is not a[nother] satirical post of mine. Simply an obvious, earnestly weighing in.

Bruno

Fake EDIT: You bastard redux! Now you got my head a spinnin'! (note to self: read entire thread) Dude (OP), altcoins could similarly be created with their block rewards pegged to the [multiplier of] the NASDAQ average, DOW, etc. Not to mention the ongoing current market cap of all the monitored cryptocurrencies, e.g. currently 16,806,258,277/X (X = 1B perhaps) gleaned from https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/ (Symbol = CCMCC for CryptoCurrency Market Cap Coin, albeit obsure, though the Roman numerals look kinda neat).
OroCoinCS (OP)

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 07:28:15 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2017, 07:42:51 PM by OroCoinCS

You bastard! I only read the first couple grafs of the OP and I must say INGENIOUS!

Question: Can you do the same for a altcoin pegged to silver? I'm thinking AGC (AgC) for its symbol if available. Same ask for platinum (PTC or PtC).

This is not a[nother] satirical post of mine. Simply an obvious, earnestly weighing in.

Bruno

Fake EDIT: You bastard redux! Now you got my head a spinnin'! (note to self: read entire thread) Dude (OP), altcoins could similarly be created with their block rewards pegged to the [multiplier of] the NASDAQ average, DOW, etc. Not to mention the ongoing current market cap of all the monitored cryptocurrencies, e.g. currently 16,806,258,277/X (X = 1B perhaps) gleaned from https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/ (Symbol = CCMCC for CryptoCurrency Market Cap Coin, albeit obsure, though the Roman numerals look kinda neat).

You could, at least theoretically, peg it to anything. It's a somewhat complex process though and the hard part is creating a way to ensure all nodes reach consensus on the price. I'll let you figure that part out yourself Wink

It's definitely not as simple as just cloning a pre-existing coin and editing a line of code, like a lot of people seem to think, lol.

Thanks for your comment though. Glad you like our concept! Feel free to join our Slack if you want to discuss Smiley

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 07:43:37 PM

Question: Can you do the same for a altcoin pegged to silver? I'm thinking AGC (AgC) for its symbol if available. Same ask for platinum (PTC or PtC).

Bruno

You could, at least theoretically, peg it to anything. It's a somewhat complex process though and the hard part is creating a way to ensure all nodes reach consensus on the price. I'll let you figure that part out yourself Wink

It's definitely not as simple as just cloning a pre-existing coin and editing a line of code, like a lot of people seem to think, lol.

Thanks for your comment though. Glad you like our concept!

From Reddit:

Hi from OroCoin! Just to clarify, since there seems to be some confusion here, the only thing pegged to the price of gold is the number of OroCoin received as a block reward, not the actual market value of those coins.

In other words, if the price of gold is currently $1,143 USD, then the block reward at current time would be 11.43 OroCoins.

There is no relation to the value of the coins issued as a block reward and the value of gold. The value of gold just determines the number of OroCoins per block reward. The markets will determine the actual value of OroCoin.

Hope this helps to clear things up!

My comment: Whether a nefarious actor or not, that's the fuck how you address naysayers and user base alike.

OP, I just started reading and researching your brand. That said, have or will you disclose your true identity, for I've failed to glean anything from the newly created privacy-protected domain named via WhoIs.
OroCoinCS (OP)

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 07:48:55 PM

Bruno

From Reddit:

Hi from OroCoin! Just to clarify, since there seems to be some confusion here, the only thing pegged to the price of gold is the number of OroCoin received as a block reward, not the actual market value of those coins.

In other words, if the price of gold is currently $1,143 USD, then the block reward at current time would be 11.43 OroCoins.

There is no relation to the value of the coins issued as a block reward and the value of gold. The value of gold just determines the number of OroCoins per block reward. The markets will determine the actual value of OroCoin.

My comment: Whether a nefarious actor or not, that's the fuck how you address naysayers and user base alike.

OP, I just started reading and researching your brand. That said, have or will you disclose your true identity, for I've failed to glean anything from the newly created privacy-protected domain named via WhoIs.

We've addressed this elsewhere in this thread, but we will not be revealing identity info because we simply don't feel the political and regulatory climate in our countries are friendly towards crypto innovation and projects at this time. If that changes in the future, then we will reconsider. We recognize that this makes some folks uneasy, and we completely understand if that means some people choose not to get involved.

That being said, our entire code base and all future changes, improvements, and features will of course be published on our github, so anyone who wants to review, fork, or do whatever they wish can do so.

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 07:54:57 PM

Funny...

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:04:40 PM

Bruno

From Reddit:

We've addressed this elsewhere in this thread, but we will not be revealing identity info because we simply don't feel the political and regulatory climate in our countries are friendly towards crypto innovation and projects at this time. If that changes in the future, then we will reconsider. We recognize that this makes some folks uneasy, and we completely understand if that means some people choose not to get involved.

That being said, our entire code base and all future changes, improvements, and features will of course be published on our github, so anyone who wants to review, fork, or do whatever they wish can do so.

I accept your well-penned reply 100%, somewhat expecting such (anonymity) to be the case, save for, with apologies, what's emphasized above. Your command of the English is too good for supposedly being located abroad, in my opinion (but don't fret it). Read: I, personally, will not further hound this particular issue.

That said, can you at least incorporate a grammatical error or two in your prose so that, again, I, personally, wouldn't like you so much? You're beginning to piss me off in said regard.  Tongue

That said, redux, I'm PM'ing you in re an unrelated matter.

Peace.

Bruno

PS: No need to reply to this reply useless you feel it's warranted, bud.
Colt22

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:14:23 PM

the funds of about 0.04 collected to the ICO address has been trasferred to another address. Can I know what does it mean? will you keep them in any other address or you have started the ICO at any exchange as I noticed that the funds transferred to an exchange address (or maybe a mixer)
OroCoinCS (OP)

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 08:21:01 PM

the funds of about 0.04 collected to the ICO address has been trasferred to another address. Can I know what does it mean? will you keep them in any other address or you have started the ICO at any exchange as I noticed that the funds transferred to an exchange address (or maybe a mixer)

Those funds went to pay for the campaigns we are running, you can see the sent payments in the Twitter campaign thread. There are still payments remaining to be sent for the signature campaign, when the time comes for that (according to the terms of the campaign thread).

Also, just to be clear, those were ICO contributions from internal members. We are requesting that anyone outside our organization who wants to contribute either check with us before doing so, or buy directly from exchanges when listed.

Colt22

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:24:38 PM

Those funds went to pay for the campaigns we are running, you can see the sent payments in the Twitter campaign thread. There are still payments remaining to be sent for the signature campaign, when the time comes for that (according to the terms of the campaign thread).

Also, just to be clear, those were ICO contributions from internal members.
Ok thanks for the explanation. I was just curious about that question. Can we know when will you start your coin on exchanges? I will take part in your ICO if you will launch that in yobit.
OroCoinCS (OP)

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 08:26:50 PM

Ok thanks for the explanation. I was just curious about that question. Can we know when will you start your coin on exchanges? I will take part in your ICO if you will launch that in yobit.

We are working on that as we speak. It's hard to give a set timeline, because we're not sure how long it takes to set it up, but we're hoping in the next week or so.

Colt22

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:29:58 PM

We are working on that as we speak. It's hard to give a set timeline, because we're not sure how long it takes to set it up, but we're hoping in the next week or so.
and what will you do if the time for paying to your signature campaign participants come and you have little amount in your ICO address? do you have your personal funds for the promotion of the campaign? If you do not have personal funds for the promotion of the coin then you have to launch it on any escrow sooner to get some investors to get some funds for the promotion.
OroCoinCS (OP)

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 08:32:00 PM

and what will you do if the time for paying to your signature campaign participants come and you have little amount in your ICO address? do you have your personal funds for the promotion of the campaign? If you do not have personal funds for the promotion of the coin then you have to launch it on any escrow sooner to get some investors to get some funds for the promotion.

We don't mind funding it ourselves. We expected to fund it ourselves when we launched the campaign because it would be irresponsible to expect ICO funds to cover that, as what is contributed is out of our control.

That being said, we are also working to secure a trusted escrow to handle any funds for those who wish to contribute to the ICO via escrow.

Colt22

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:39:17 PM

We don't mind funding it ourselves. We expected to fund it ourselves when we launched the campaign because it would be irresponsible to expect ICO funds to cover that, as what is contributed is out of our control.

That being said, we are also working to secure a trusted escrow to handle any funds for those who wish to contribute to the ICO via escrow.
That is a nice idea to have an escrow for your ICO from this forum you can get one easily if you go to the escrow services thread of the forum. But ICO on any exchange will be like getting a free advertisement like the exchange will announce the news of your ICO to their hundreds of thousands of members and I have saw that every ICO which is launched on any exchange has got a good fund raise.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: