Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:49:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think "iamnotback" really has the" Bitcoin killer"?  (Read 79918 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 01:25:17 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2017, 04:09:10 AM by iamnotback

Extraneous domain name decisions. Those who are thinking about making apps are free to grab any of those expiring if you want (or contact me if you want me to renew it and transfer to you and you pay me). I am not claiming any of these are any good.

Does anyone like JAMBITS for the token name?

I renewed jambox.us for $11. I didn't renew playbox.live for $20.

Expiring this month which I am not renewing: jambox.me, jambox.cloud, jamcash.org, jamcash.net, jambits.org.

Expiring July which I am not planning to renew: peerbrary.com, peerbrary.org, peerbase.org, peertrove.com, peerstash.com, webrary.net, fanjam.co.

Expiring which I am not planning to renew: Auguest  ibrary.co, raveit.us, raveit.net, raveit.org, jampost.org. coopost.us, cooprate.com, cooprate.net, cooprate.org, cooprank.com, coopost.net, coopost.org, coopfund.org, cooperank.com, coopbase.org, hivepower.us, postor.net, postor.org, hivepost.net, hiveffect.com, hivebase.org.

jambox.org is expiring in August and I have it set to auto-renew. funbits.org and taos.cloud are registered through November.

The following expired but in grace period renewable still but I am not planning to rewew unless someone wants these or to pay for it. jambox.io for $36, songbox.me for $19.

Domains expiring June or July on namecheap which I am not planning to renew: snapcash.cash, snapcash.cc, coopital.us, coopital.net, coopital.org, flockwise.us, peerbase.us, peerbrary.us, webrary.us, webrary.io, webrary.me, fanstash.us, fanjam.us, ibrary.us, coop.cash.

How about the name Shelbies..........shortened to Shels as in Sats.

Also has that connection to Shells as in one of the first recognized currencies. I was kind of joking as I typed this but now I'm not so sure.  Cheesy

Sorry I don't like it. This isn't a game to me. I am creating something very serious that I expect millions or maybe billions of people to use. I just can't imagine them using shellbits.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iamnotback

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 03:41:17 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2017, 07:19:58 AM by iamnotback

I know this post is sort of a mess cause I didn't sleep for 25 hours due the ETF so im going to bed.

It is likely your chronic illness that is causing that. I am also having lethargic cognitive function today. The fatigue has been hitting me in the morning after I eat breakfast and lunch. But then by afternoon or evening it improves if I eat dark chocolate. Don't have enough dark chocolate in the house today, so I am going to try a 2km run in the sweltering tropical heat at noontime instead.

Edit: just finished 2kms + 2 x 75m sprints. 30 - 31 C and 65 - 70% humidity is roughly 100 degrees heat index. But that is in the shade. I run in direct sunlight and the airflow doesn't compensate for the heat buildup due to the vigorous exercise. So figure 110+ heat index for me compared to sitting inactive in the shade. The highest heat index I ever experienced was in my 20s in El Paso, Texas of 100 F and 40% humidity so ~110 heat index. I couldn't workout in that temperature, it was unbearable even to breath. I got heat stroke in my late teens trying to work all day in 100 heat index on the top of roof tops.

Im not sure if I asked this since I have bad memory but I would like to know (you probably addressed this in other posts so you can just link it), if the model is deflationary or what, and what is the total supply, how coins are created, at what rate etc.

zcash was an example of a disaster when those parameters are not properly set, looks like the coin will stagnate forever regardless of its technology while the marketcap grows.

The OpenShare token supply will increase to some unknown level of supply depending how many users join the system, then as transaction rate overtakes user joining rate, the money supply will decline perpetually eventually to fractions of a Satoshi but never reaching zero and never there being inadequate supply (due to infinite divisibility). The deflationary money supply is because transaction fees are burned, which is an essential technical facet of the solution that I posit resolves the problems plaguing blockchains.

So in essence the future money supply of OpenShare is ~0 tokens.  Wink  (Unless of course you never spend yours, then you could end up being the mogul)

But note, not spending has an opportunity cost. Those who spend to trade for gains or invest in ecosystem projects will attain a higher ROI, i.e. higher risk, higher potential reward. If whales that owned a very large chunk of the money supply refused to ever sell, then it would mean the world's wealth could not be represented only by that money supply, i.e. the free market would find other stores of value. So the whales would eventually lose proportional share of world wealth.

Defeating Gresham's Law

Gresham's law seems to imply that transactions would driven away from the deflationary currency to an inflationary (debased) currency, yet this would in theory drive the exchange value of the deflationary currency downwards (given demand to sell and the loss of utility of the currency which loses its crucial unit-of-exchange and concomitant public confidence attribute) which would thus counteract Gresham's law while also decreasing the rate of reduction of money supply (due to lower transaction rate, i.e. velocity of money) and drive transaction demand back to the deflationary currency. So there appears to be a dynamic equilibrium wherein the deflationary currency remains the choice for transactions. Also there is the technical issue that I don't think it is possible to design a decentralized consensus blockchain without burning transaction fees. Thus there would be no inflationary currency which is decentralized as an alternative. Even if consumers decide they don't mind using a centralized vehicle for transacting and retain the decentralized blockchain only for settlement, the problem is they then can't get decentralized publishing and smart contracts without using the decentralized currency. Gresham's law defeated. Lightning Networks defeated. Tada.  Tongue

Zcash

Doesn't Zcash still have a maximum of 21 million tokens?

It's the slow start which lead to Zcash having too high of prices at the start and declining prices as the initial demand was undersupplied and the after market demand is oversupplied.

As the rate of increase in money supply declines, eventually Zcash will find a bottom in price. I don't know what market cap Zcash will be, but some people think it eventually should be where Monero and Dash are now given the cred of the cryptographers on its payroll.

Zcash's initial supply was very low and its supply increased rapid at the start, so those who purchased early were overpaying much to the delight of those who mined early and the insiders who received 10% of the initial supply.
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 05:23:11 AM

Extraneous domain name decisions. Those who are thinking about making apps are free to grab any of those expiring if you want (or contact me if you want me to renew it and transfer to you and you pay me). I am not claiming any of these are any good.

Does anyone like JAMBITS for the token name?

I renewed jambox.us for $11. I didn't renew playbox.live for $20.

Expiring this month which I am not renewing: jambox.me, jambox.cloud, jamcash.org, jamcash.net, jambits.org.

Expiring July which I am not planning to renew: peerbrary.com, peerbrary.org, peerbase.org, peertrove.com, peerstash.com, webrary.net, fanjam.co.

Expiring which I am not planning to renew: Auguest  ibrary.co, raveit.us, raveit.net, raveit.org, jampost.org. coopost.us, cooprate.com, cooprate.net, cooprate.org, cooprank.com, coopost.net, coopost.org, coopfund.org, cooperank.com, coopbase.org, hivepower.us, postor.net, postor.org, hivepost.net, hiveffect.com, hivebase.org.

jambox.org is expiring in August and I have it set to auto-renew. funbits.org and taos.cloud are registered through November.

The following expired but in grace period renewable still but I am not planning to rewew unless someone wants these or to pay for it. jambox.io for $36, songbox.me for $19.

Domains expiring June or July on namecheap which I am not planning to renew: snapcash.cash, snapcash.cc, coopital.us, coopital.net, coopital.org, flockwise.us, peerbase.us, peerbrary.us, webrary.us, webrary.io, webrary.me, fanstash.us, fanjam.us, ibrary.us, coop.cash.

How about the name Shelbies..........shortened to Shels as in Sats.

Also has that connection to Shells as in one of the first recognized currencies. I was kind of joking as I typed this but now I'm not so sure.  Cheesy

Sorry I don't like it. This isn't a game to me. I am creating something very serious that I expect millions or maybe billions of people to use. I just can't imagine them using shellbits.

I'm not sure why you think Shelbits/shellbits isn't serious while Jambits is, especially considering how many inventions bear the name of the inventor and one of the biggest companies on the planet is called Shell...but whatever.

As you did ask the you should know Jambits is on a par in terms of silliness with hello kitty coin. Lol.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 07:24:00 AM

I'm not sure why you think Shelbits/shellbits isn't serious while Jambits is...

Clarification.

I didn't intend to imply jambits is good. I wrote I'm not intending to renew the jambits domain and asked if anybody thought it was worth keeping. Jambits at least has "jamming" associated, so for a fun name associated with music app or other form of (social network) jamming. Shell associates with sea shells and wampum, which is afaics an archaic, primitive retrograded (low-tech) forms of money. Sea shells were I think money when man migrated out into the world from Africa along the sea shores because shell fish were an abundant, ready source of subsistence for nomads.

I'm not intending to discourage contribution and brainstorming. I am just being frank about my opinion. When I see an outstanding idea, I do acknowledge it.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 07:47:57 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2017, 09:41:11 AM by iamnotback

Human psychology is very important. Blockchains are not just about cryptography. This is why you can't presume for example that Gregory Maxwell or Shen-noether are more important than someone (not referring to myself specifically) who is not a cryptographer or mathematician by training but is also not an oblivious anti-social nerd (and note I didn't put Vitalik in the class of anti-social, and his strong math, vision, coupled with his charisma is why Ethereum is a $billion market cap).

The following is a very important concept to understand if you want to understand why my design works.

I want you to note the weaknesses of voting is because voting is a centralized event that everyone is assumed to participate in. You are going to note that my protocol doesn't have such a centralized event, yet I posit my design does have altruistic prime and as well a Nash equilibrium.

Voting is power vacuum with very low informational content:

Disaster has struck the Bitcoin community. For the first time, something un-ignoreable has been proposed: a protocol change (“hard fork”).

Ordinarily, the protocol’s network-effects would protect the community from “anyone capable of causing serious damage to Bitcoin”. However, today they make the blocksize conversation mandatory and dangerous. All users, regardless of intelligence or expertise or other virtue, will be forced to adopt whichever network they think everyone else is adopting.

This compulsion means that, for the first time, the opinion of the ignorant masses (if misled, or merely divided) can actually destroy Bitcoin.

My proposal is not about voting. Voting for "A" costs the same as voting for "B", and the expected benefit from casting a vote at all decreases as the number of voters increases. I want something where, if A is a bad idea, "voting" for A costs more and benefits less.

Some Iron Laws of Political Economics

Money and Politics

Votes are bought. Not directly (this would challenge the voter’s treasured self-delusions, and be a focal point for coordinated outrage), but indirectly through tax breaks, welfare, military action, subsidies, research grants, licenses, etc. Loudly, it is claimed that these all serve civic purposes (the reality is “some”), but the quieter subtext is: “a vote for Candidate X is good for your bottom line”. On top of that, there’s ad-spending and professional campaign management. Because election-competition is zero-sum, these activities cancel each other out and are net “wasted work” for society.

Is vote-buying a bad thing? Who really knows (considering the long-run coordination problems facing this species…)? For today’s post, who cares?
I’m not arguing that this is “good” or “bad”, I’m just arguing that it’s “true”.

Votes become easier to buy as the number of voters increases. Though it may seem innocuous to say “the more voters there are, the less each individual vote counts”, the statement is in fact a grave paradox. Eventually, the sheer quantity of voters guarantees that each individual voter is irrelevant – a balloon inflated to such a grand size, that the stretched plastic simply vanishes altogether. If 3 people vote, a single vote can swing a possible tie, but if 10,000,001 people vote, a tie probably won’t even occur (making each individual vote completely irrelevant). The voting process can be defeated entirely, by taking a small “critical mass of uninformed voters” and, to it, adding some self-fulfilling expectations of hopelessness.

If informed voting were cheap, these self-fulfilling expectations would be expensive to generate. Unfortunately, voting is not cheap, voting costs energy that most people won’t spend. This small detail means that any politician who can quietly use public resources to finance their bribes will always have an overwhelming advantage.

What Paul Sztorc means by if voting were cheap (or free), then it wouldn't be possible to use resources to influence a critical mass if 100% were voting because they chose to on their own accord without influence. When voting isn't free, most don't vote on their own accord (they only vote if influenced by some ideology implanted in their minds by those who have resources). Vitalik Buterin also explained this:

Note that there is one argument for why it might not make sense for a user to vote on one fork in a proof-of-stake environment: “altruism-prime”. Altruism-prime is essentially the combination of actual altruism (on the part of users or software developers), expressed both as a direct concern for the welfare of others and the network and a psychological moral disincentive against doing something that is obviously evil (double-voting), as well as the “fake altruism” that occurs because holders of coins have a desire not to see the value of their coins go down.

Unfortunately, altruism-prime cannot be relied on exclusively, because the value of coins arising from protocol integrity is a public good and will thus be undersupplied (eg. if there are 1000 stakeholders, and each of their activity has a 1% chance of being “pivotal” in contributing to a successful attack that will knock coin value down to zero, then each stakeholder will accept a bribe equal to only 1% of their holdings). In the case of a distribution equivalent to the Ethereum genesis block, depending on how you estimate the probability of each user being pivotal, the required quantity of bribes would be equal to somewhere between 0.3% and 8.6% of total stake (or even less if an attack is nonfatal to the currency). However, altruism-prime is still an important concept that algorithm designers should keep in mind, so as to take maximal advantage of in case it works well.

Note afaics, Paul Sztorc has a math error in his explanation of his 2x2 prediction market:

Quote from: Paul Sztorc
A “pro-increase portfolio” (PIP), has states {1, 3, 4*} purchased in specific quantities: 1 of {1}, 1 of {3}, and enough of {4} to achieve a total investment outlay of 1 unit (1 BTC, 1 mBTC, etc).

• If the blocksize fails to increase…share {4} will be worthless, but {1} and {3} must together be worth 1 unit, producing the full refund.

That assertion will only be true if proportion of the holder's share of the winning square is greater than or equal the portion of his share of all the losing squares.

Btw, the centralization (i.e. it can be gamed) flaw in Paul Sztorc's idea to use prediction markets to gather information or consensus amongst possibilities, is per the concerns he mentions in his conclusion and also analogous to the flaw of the consensus-by-betting of Ethereum's research on Casper, is that the determination of the outcome either requires a centralized oracle to declare it or it is self-referential so thus it devolves and distills down to the essence of "might makes right" aka Byzantine agreement voting. This is why so far only Satoshi's PoW solved the self-referential aspect by referring to an external burned resource (electricity) but this resource is also subject to power-law aggregation of economies-of-scale.
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 04:04:00 PM

Thanks for input. I cant wait to see all of this in code and see it running in the wild. That is the final test.

About my lack of sleep, I deprived myself on purpose because the night before I was still deciding what to do and couldn't sleep much, then the fuckers on the ETF delayed the decision for hours so I had to stay awake.
On top of that I somehow fucked up when I was putting the buy order in poloniex in USDT, I normally click on the amount I have if I want to go all in so it automatically fills all the fields to make the order with all of the USDT I had, but the order wasn't going through because the total was higher than the USDT I had by like 45 satoshis so I had to manually adjust the order, in a matter of second the price went from the bottom 950 back to almost 1000. I could have made a lot of money but I didn't risk enough and I was sloppy setting the buy order so missed some profit.
Anyway it was fun and I made money, now I wonder if there will be another speculative party in march 30 for the Solid X ETF.

Also I also feel better at night, I actually feel good and more lucid, in the morning im sloppy, after I have breakfast I feel like going to sleep again, bad cold tolerance etc. At night is great. If I knew how to code I would code at night and I could get shit done, but I can't code cause my brain is good at music and artistic stuff but I was always bad at stuff that requires the sort of attention and logic that good coders have.
I think it might me about cortisol levels or whatever. I can't get much done cause I don't have the money I would need to do proper research. At least I feel ok at night. I might try forcing myself to go to sleep earlier for a period and wake up early and get some morning sun and see what happens. Maybe I fucked up my circadian rhythm due staying up late too much and this has an impact on thyroid, cold tolerance etc... after I do this then I will get some labs done again, get TSH, t4, t3, reverse t3, antibodies, iron levels, and some other hormones, and a 24hour urine test with cortisol free and total, 17 ketosteroids...+ a couple saliva samples for a proper cortisol curve and see if this changed anything. If there is no positive adaptation and I see no improvement in the morning and cold tolerance then I will have to look deeper, adjust thyroid meds and whatnot. I also got a test where they look at hairs and see mineral levels and toxic levels with inconclusive results. The problem is, it is very difficult to find a dr that can interpret such results and follow your case by step and get involved, and if you do then you need to have a lot of money which I don't. Anyway I don't want to derail the thread, my case is not that bad, most people have sluggish thyroids nowadays, I would like to have better cold tolerance and better mornings but having optimal health is pretty difficult because healthcare drs usually will not take a case like mine serious so you need to find and and pay a good one.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2017, 02:46:16 PM

Thanks for input. I cant wait to see all of this in code and see it running in the wild. That is the final test.

About my lack of sleep, I deprived myself on purpose because the night before I was still deciding what to do and couldn't sleep much, then the fuckers on the ETF delayed the decision for hours so I had to stay awake.
On top of that I somehow fucked up when I was putting the buy order in poloniex in USDT, I normally click on the amount I have if I want to go all in so it automatically fills all the fields to make the order with all of the USDT I had, but the order wasn't going through because the total was higher than the USDT I had by like 45 satoshis so I had to manually adjust the order, in a matter of second the price went from the bottom 950 back to almost 1000. I could have made a lot of money but I didn't risk enough and I was sloppy setting the buy order so missed some profit.
Anyway it was fun and I made money, now I wonder if there will be another speculative party in march 30 for the Solid X ETF.

Also I also feel better at night, I actually feel good and more lucid, in the morning im sloppy, after I have breakfast I feel like going to sleep again, bad cold tolerance etc. At night is great. If I knew how to code I would code at night and I could get shit done, but I can't code cause my brain is good at music and artistic stuff but I was always bad at stuff that requires the sort of attention and logic that good coders have.
I think it might me about cortisol levels or whatever. I can't get much done cause I don't have the money I would need to do proper research. At least I feel ok at night. I might try forcing myself to go to sleep earlier for a period and wake up early and get some morning sun and see what happens. Maybe I fucked up my circadian rhythm due staying up late too much and this has an impact on thyroid, cold tolerance etc... after I do this then I will get some labs done again, get TSH, t4, t3, reverse t3, antibodies, iron levels, and some other hormones, and a 24hour urine test with cortisol free and total, 17 ketosteroids...+ a couple saliva samples for a proper cortisol curve and see if this changed anything. If there is no positive adaptation and I see no improvement in the morning and cold tolerance then I will have to look deeper, adjust thyroid meds and whatnot. I also got a test where they look at hairs and see mineral levels and toxic levels with inconclusive results. The problem is, it is very difficult to find a dr that can interpret such results and follow your case by step and get involved, and if you do then you need to have a lot of money which I don't. Anyway I don't want to derail the thread, my case is not that bad, most people have sluggish thyroids nowadays, I would like to have better cold tolerance and better mornings but having optimal health is pretty difficult because healthcare drs usually will not take a case like mine serious so you need to find and and pay a good one.

Don't stress
iamnotback

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 12:42:37 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2017, 01:44:31 AM by iamnotback

Manage your symptoms as best you can and continue to accumulate wealth, and eventually you'll have the resources to attack your health problem properly.

That your digestive system is in involved seems to indicate immune system involvement, thus I really think you should test also for infections and viruses, such as Epstein-Barr, Syphilis, etc... I think toxins are very unlikely the cause. It is much more likely to be a pathogen or cancer. One of your parathyroid glands (size of a grain of rice) can be defective and might need to be removed (you have 2 backups I think).

Get a CT scan also to look for tumors all over. Cancer can mess up our endocrine system. Might even be benign.

So many possibilities. You need a research hospital.

I understand why you want to mention it (so many times I did on these forums), because I know how frustrating it is to be handicapped by chronic fatigue and you'd prefer to do action but when you can't you can only communicate that you can't. I do agree let's try not to derail the thread. I understand somewhat what you are going through. You've just got to stay focused on the goal. Grind through it. Try to keep yourself occupied and as productive as you can.

P.S. my production is improving and I have only 8 more days (including today) on the intensive 4 drug regimen. I was hopeless for years, and I can't even describe all the daily suffering, but somehow I stayed focused on doing whatever I could do to work myself towards eventually finding a cure. I don't think anyone who hasn't been suffering on a daily basis can actually know what you feel. You really have to experience it in order to really empathize.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 12:52:17 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2017, 01:36:23 AM by iamnotback

If I don't post here, some of my activity is summarized here:

http://githubcontributions.io/user/shelby3/events/1

(note if a post is gone, it is because I deleted it, because it was a "please refresh" message intended to be deleted)

Re: Building a solid team

You can't build a solid team without having a solid CTO. You yourself are not capable of being the CTO, as evident by your question. A CTO must be technically competent and lead by example.

So focus on finding a CTO and be aware that you are going to be giving him a significant percentage of the project, else you won't have a capable CTO.

Re: DASH's future with Lightning implementation ?

Also LN is a not a transaction between any address to any address. And LN requires nodes to be online always thus lite clients must trust some centralized nodes as proxies. There are other issues...

InstantX is a joke. Eventually you will learn that Dash is not technology, it is a marketing snake oil salesman.

Re: List of coins with instant transactions

Which coins can do instant confirmed transactions? As far as I know it's Dash, Byteball can do it too due to fast confirmations by witnesses. Probably some DPOS coins can process instant transactions too, does anyone know some?

There are no coins that can do instant confirmed transactions onchain and decentralized at bitcoin volumes with bitcoin tier security, otherwise everyone holding such a coin would be rich and retired living in some island resort.

Coming soon Wink

I don't see negative things sooo bad.
It's almost worse playing the denial game.
Look at Dash it has rocketed up even though it has gotten lots of FUD for an instamine.
They weren't denying it though... vs ?

We can safely say that Monero & Dash have been intertwined here for years.
I see a big difference between both camps.
One is making an effort to keep it real and the other slings bullshit non stop.
The big fat Monero eraser always seems to sweep their drama under the rug and then Dash's gets highlighted.
I seen pages posted lots EXPLAINING the instamine accusation..
Then i see a complete 100% denial that the Monero team has done A N Y T H I N G wrong... evvvveeeerr.
See the difference ?

@cryptohunter, @Spoetnik isn't likely on the Dash payroll. His psychology is that he cares more about ego and attitude more than he does about actual fraud.

For him, he thinks Dash has done a mea culpa and that Monero's folks are holier than thou unrepentant. He really believes that.

It is amazing to me that he is so focused on attitude readjustment (and I do agree that some but not all in the Monero camp have a shitty arrogant attitude), that he can't see the elephant in the living room. It is true that the Dash folks are more congenial, but @Spoetnik can't see the red, white, and blue dick being rammed up his ass.

Specifically, he ignores the fact that all the people who buy Dash are sending their money into Evan Inc's pocket via the ONGOING masternode scam. But that is a bit too difficult for Spoetnuts to compute, and he prefers to focus on personalities such as whether Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump is more polite.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 03:42:20 AM

My high-level of cognitive function is returning:

Quote from: Eric S Raymond
There should probably be a word for advice or instructions phrased so that the likelihood a person will process it correctly is inversely proportional to their need of it. “Unhelpful” is not strong enough.

dissonantics
Fatoshi

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 05:37:10 AM

Yeah a coin could improve btc function but isnt the real goal of mass acceptance dependant on recovering a mistaken payment. I mean once a few old dears send their lifes savings accidentaly by putting a decimal point in the wrong place then its name will ne dirt. How do ypu intend to solve this?

*Sorry typing on shit phone.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 11:43:23 AM

Goodbye Netflix and here comes the Malaysian iFlix.

The ladies prefer the iFlix because it has the Korean dramas and Netflix doesn't. Netflix costs $7 monthly here in the Philippines and iFlix is half that price.

The West is dying. Even Hollywood is being replaced.
Fatoshi

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 12:21:50 PM

Goodbye Netflix and here comes the Malaysian iFlix.

The ladies prefer the iFlix because it has the Korean dramas and Netflix doesn't. Netflix costs $7 monthly here in the Philippines and iFlix is half that price.

The West is dying. Even Hollywood is being replaced.

In many ways the power centre of the world in returning to the East. But you are wrong about Hollywood and Netflix...seems to me Netflix is becoming the new Hollywood almost half the movies and TV i have watched in the last year have been netflix productions, they doing hollywood studios work but cheaper it seems. China is buying Hollywood, maybe too late. Still amazes me anyone actually pays for movies anymore.

Culture wise the west is going to have to accept the world is now flat.

I get you are thinking about social networking, kind of Kaokao talk framework where your coin can make payments? That's a big undertaking don't you think, I mean everyone wan't to be the next snapchat, Weechat. Its almost like catching lightening in a bottle to purposely try to make one of these?
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 11:32:00 PM

Manage your symptoms as best you can and continue to accumulate wealth, and eventually you'll have the resources to attack your health problem properly.

That your digestive system is in involved seems to indicate immune system involvement, thus I really think you should test also for infections and viruses, such as Epstein-Barr, Syphilis, etc... I think toxins are very unlikely the cause. It is much more likely to be a pathogen or cancer. One of your parathyroid glands (size of a grain of rice) can be defective and might need to be removed (you have 2 backups I think).

Get a CT scan also to look for tumors all over. Cancer can mess up our endocrine system. Might even be benign.

So many possibilities. You need a research hospital.

I understand why you want to mention it (so many times I did on these forums), because I know how frustrating it is to be handicapped by chronic fatigue and you'd prefer to do action but when you can't you can only communicate that you can't. I do agree let's try not to derail the thread. I understand somewhat what you are going through. You've just got to stay focused on the goal. Grind through it. Try to keep yourself occupied and as productive as you can.

P.S. my production is improving and I have only 8 more days (including today) on the intensive 4 drug regimen. I was hopeless for years, and I can't even describe all the daily suffering, but somehow I stayed focused on doing whatever I could do to work myself towards eventually finding a cure. I don't think anyone who hasn't been suffering on a daily basis can actually know what you feel. You really have to experience it in order to really empathize.

I did PTH analysis back then, everything was fine. Never got CT scans, aren't those risky since they emit radiation? and where are you supposed to look? the entire body CT scanned doesnt sound nice. I'll get an ecography of the thyroid, that should be enough to discard anything in there. In any case I don't even want to hear the c word, fuck that shit. Im only 27, and right now im feeling great, once again, after my 1 hour walk + shower then dinner, it's always about the same hour when I feel good. Your problem was/is definitely more serious. I wonder how much of my symptoms are due me being trapped into my situation of being poor, having to work a shitty job with no prospects of anything else since I don't have any education since im shit at studying and so on. Environment can change physiology im sure about that. Some people deal with a life like this just fine but for me it's too brutal and just to think im going to be trapped in the rat race forever (since pensions are collapsing and they will just keep delaying retirement age).
If I was gifted in programing I would definitely have a more realistic shoot at getting wealthy and since I feel good at night I would be working and staying focused, but since I can't that's out of the question. The only edge I got over the average person is that im aware of the importance of decentralized technologies and how they will play a major key in the future, and I got a modest 2 figure BTC portfolio which I would like to invest in other cryptocurrencies since I doubt I'll ever make a million just sitting on those, the problem is... I still don't see a single alt worth gambling my BTC with.

I've been reading about zcash, I believe fungible currencies at a protocol level will be important. Bitcoin can never achieve 100% fungibility at a protocol level as far as I know. Problems: I don't see how it can scale, devs don't have any clear ideas too it seems. It would remain a niche currency, even slower than bitcoin, very demanding on the hardware (when you send a transaction the computer freezes for a while) and the paranoid in me doesn't trust the fancy ceremony to destroy the masterkey that the devs did. Also it's anybody's guess when this thing will bottom and the all time graph is going to look like dogshit pretty much for life due the initial insane prices, this has a psychological impact on market participants I claim.

Byteball: still learning but doing some interesting things and it's looking pretty healthy, maybe good entry point now at $50

ETH: can't trust this from a technical POV due events such as Vitalik crying on reddit about how he wanted to freeze all exchange during the DAO debacle. Who is to say this will not happen again? but what makes it attractive from an investor perspective is it's backed by all those big corporations, I think this is the "currency of the banks/system", there's probably whales that will not let it fail.

MAID: still waiting for David Irvine to deliver something solid

DASH: Roger Ver's latest pump and dump...

so yeah, I don't see anything clear so I would rather hold BTC. And with that being said, im looking forward to become a millionaire by investing in your coin in the near future.

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 03:51:07 PM

^^^ what you have is called "wageslave depression", it's very common and I have it too, including the "12 o'clock optimism" hoping for a better day.
It's cured by getting rich so you can be free, and as we all know, getting rich is next to impossible which reinforces the bad feeling.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 02:59:00 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2017, 04:48:25 AM by iamnotback

We need to destroy and replace StackExchange by putting the functionality on a decentralized blockchain. This will be one of the apps I'd like to see created for the OpenShare blockchain technology I am now developing.

Upvote me at StackExchange please:

Re: 22 year old inherited 30k from 529 payout; wondering best way to invest

Invest 50% in the DOW index and sell ALL when it hits 40,000 in couple of years.

Invest the rest in Bitcoin and sell half when it exceeds $2000 - $2500 within next year or so.

The big question is what to buy when you sell those because we are headed into an epic global economic disaster that will have the governments confiscating most assets. Perhaps gold.

Start reading ArmstrongEconomics.com blog if you want to know what is really going on. We have an extensive discussion on that. I am @iamnotback there.

Disclaimer: these are my unprofessional ideas. Do not hold me responsible for your investment decisions. I am supposed to tell you to consult with a professional adviser, even though I think they will lose all your money in the coming economic collapse.

StackExchange deleted my answer above and they added the following protection to the answer:

protected by Ganesh Sittampalam♦ 14 hours ago

Thank you for your interest in this question. Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).

That foolish Hitler moderator also deleted my comments. I had put the following comment below my answer after someone had downvoted it:

Quote from: Shelby Moore III
You'll see an enormous number of downvotes from ignorant fools who will lose all their wealth over the next few years, because they think my ideas are not sound nor conservative enough. Lol. Mark my word. Come back to my post in a few years.

I also had comments on each of the other answers, such as on the most popular answer I wrote that putting a large amount of money in a bank account long-term was one of the stupidest things one could do because the government will be coming after all assets and bail-ins are very likely especially in the EU. On the answer about maxing out retirement plan contributions, I had commented saying that the governments would nationalize the retirement plan assets and that one should be taking early withdrawals asap. On the answer about how investment advisers follow a conservative portfolio to minimize downside risk, I said the coming crash of 35+ year sovereign bond bubble would cause one to lose all their assets by being conservative.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 04:58:13 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2017, 10:35:13 AM by iamnotback

Btw, that links to the Meta discussion area of StackExchange, but it appears they going to censor what I wrote there also:

How is StackExchange's censorship going to compete again decentralization?

StackExchange MUST and WILL die.

Observing them downvote without any discussion, I added the following comment to the bottom of the question.

Where the hell can we discuss something with you guys without incurring censorship if not in meta? So you're going to downvote and delete this also! Shoot yourselves in the foot. I am coming after you and I will destroy your centralized paradigm. We can still have moderators in a decentralized paradigm, but everyone can individually and freely choose which moderators they ignore.

And so that comment appeared to draw them into a little bit of ego chest thumping. Let the ass kicking begin by launching the actual decentralized paradigm.

Quote from: AdamLear
I hear Stack Overflow can be rebuilt in a weekend, and we run the rest of the of the network off the same code, so I'm pretty scared. What's your proposed solution, someone who thinks we MUST and WILL die?

@AdamLear Multiple copies of a centralized paradigm is not the same economy-of-scale as a decentralized blockchain over which everyone can interopt and apply their own individualized rules for which moderation changesets to ignore, i.e. disjoint stores of data is not an optimal and winning solution to censorship. The way to mitigate the efficacy of politics is by empowering individual choice. This is why the Internet (as a complete database) is killing the corrupt mass media conglomerates. StackExchange is one of the next on the hitlist. You and your upvoters have some learning to do.

@AdamLear you see all the fighting and angst ongoing about deleted questions, answers, comments, and other forms of friction due to centralized control over the database. Just imagine how much demand for a decentralized solution you are creating. SE is the perfect marketing engine for that which will destroy its paradigm.

Quote from: ModusTollens
Calling moderators (or anybody btw) "foolish Hitler" in a rant is not an optimal and winning basis for a discussion.

@ModusTollens cry in your spilled milk. Your paradigm is going to die. All your downvotes are powerless.

Whatever. Have fun.

@ModusTollens Btw, I was the first to upvote your perfectly myopic self-criticism “Whatever. Have fun.”. ;-P Also it probably would have been more accurate to write,  “cry in your politically correct Millennials' spilled milk” not because it is more correct but because it would piss off those who it applies to.

Go ahead. Make my day. Only two more votes needed to delete this. All Hillary Clinton supporters unite! We must have order! Free speech is dead, even in Meta. Any way, I've saved the entire discussion in two places on a forum. And this will come back to haunt you., especially those who were bold enough to put their name on the censorship. Some of you are too chickenshit to put your name on your censorship.

They've tried to restrict discussion and there are already 2 votes to delete the question, but afaics SE doesn't show who makes those votes (corrupt system database isn't open):

put on hold as unclear what you're asking by gnat, Andy, Adam Lear♦ 1 hour ago

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking.

Btw, this caused them to not just delete the question, but go beyond their usual deletion policy and entirely strip it from even my own view as the creator of the question:

This 45 years old Millennial gladly puts her name on her 'censorship'.

@ModusTollens German hacker females in the mold of Hilter Merkel and her subjugation of the PIIGS to German mercantilism via Euro straightjacket and rapefugees to add icing to the paddling. Reading the patriarchy damned facts in the Dark Enlightenment thread will clue you in on there is nearly nothing you and I would agree on, but you might learn something. Enjoy the crash & burn (SE, the EU, feminism, and everything you endear). P.S. I have partial German ancestry. Smiley

No wonder SE is headed into the toilet. Along with the entire Western morass. Get out while you still can.

Edit: I refreshed the page and I can still view the deleted question. I see it was deleted by the following:

deleted by rene, Shadow Wizard, yannis

As I told you all, I am not doing this just for money! It is a competition about ideas and what will make a better Internet.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:52:34 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2017, 02:36:16 PM by iamnotback

A decentralized stack.exchange is really easy all you need is ipfs and some merkle tree.anchoring to.chain.. its like dead.simple

Incorrect.

IPFS relies on Bitcoin for unalterable hashes of the data, i.e. there must be a blockchain to record the ordering of first claims to the hash of the data. And we all know that Bitcoin is not decentralized and is doomed.

The blockchain design is the key component. IPFS is just one of many protocols that will be built on top of my OpenShare blockchain. You've got to have the decentralized consensus for the blockchain fixed or nothing else is decentralized which relies on it. And no one has published a solution yet. I claim one though unpublished.

The other egregious flaw with IPFS is it provides no economic model for hosting the data. That is what my OpenShare also proposes to solve with the SHARE token and instant unlimited scaling microtransactions. These are hard technical problems that no one has solved decentralized. Lightning Networks for Bitcoin is not a design that maintains decentralization (and it has other problems I've enumerated else where).

Ipfs certainly doesnt rely on any blockchain. Filecoin and something like hipfish.io help with seeding. Bitcoin can be used for immutable data through merkle root hashing. But bitcoin doesnt have to be used it can be any secure chain. Id be happy to further discuss such a design via pm.. its what im currently thinking about anyway.

You'll need a blockchain for any sort of ordered application such as SE, otherwise you will have only chaos.

If you are interested in building apps for the OpenShare project which I am spearheading (but still in a very nascent stage of pre-development) or otherwise being involved in the open source project, there will be Slack of some sort once I ("we") reach that stage. I just not quite prepared yet to unleash the open source avalanche, because I am head-in-the-sand on preliminary work (and 3 more doses away from cutting my daily doses of antibiotics in half, hoping I'll have even more energy soon).

There are many technical issues, so I'd rather not even respond to your Merkle tree point right now. Let's discuss in an appropriate technical setting.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 02:26:51 PM

Open source is critical for scaling the ecosystem.
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 03:50:31 PM

Well shit bitcoin is fucking crashing again. What are you going to do about the current situation? at this rate im not going to be able to buy a good chunk of your alt or any alt if I keep losing purchasing value.

I assume you also depend on your BTC holdings to fund stuff of your own so how are you managing this? We are at 950 and descending, I feel like selling but I feel like im going to sell right at the bottom and then be stuck with USDT. Then again, who is to say we don't keep descending into the abyss? Looks like Jihan is decided to go all in: It's either BUcoin or he dies with it. His ego is too big, same goes for Roger. This will not end well, this is clearly a war and things will be solved by aggressive approaches, both parties aren't going to sit down and end up to any agreements.
Im not sure if I should hold it out throughout the storm, be at USDT, or buy ETH or something else while the situation resolves.

Seeing the price crash this hard made me really pissed off. I thought things were solved after the BU bug since I expected everyone would lose faith on the BU team.
Im going to the gym to box a bit, too much adrenalin contained, FUCK!!!1. I would pay to crush Jihan Wu's little nerd skull. I worked so hard the pass months and my portfolio is going to shit as we speak.

Is your coin prone to such hard fork scenarios? what would happen if a big % of people is convinced to fork your project with different consensus rules and try to steal the name and so on?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: