Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:17:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin Core 0.13.2 with SegWit released!  (Read 5193 times)
Nicolas Tesla

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:56:41 PM

@PoolMinor. I can see Charlie Lee's real motive behind the move. It is to bring back litecoin back to life and back in the spot light. Bitcoin's Segwit activation might not go on. Until now percentage of blocks signalling SegWit support is still stuck at 25%. There will be missed opportunities for bitcoin as far as scaling is concerned that Charlie Lee is willing to rush into with litecoin. I cannot say that I am not excited.

As a bitcoin purist i feel that way too, i am a small block SW/LN Core supporter but let's be real it will not be activated in its current form if ever too much politics and conspiracies, it seems the LTC community is free from that yet.

LTC could really get that opportunity as Roger Ver and Bitmain stall progress.

Anon feature is more than needed in LTC too such as CT and tumblebit Smiley

Maybe while Bitcoin see those missed opportunity will come back to their sense and upgrade after...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 05:00:54 PM

A nontechnical article about the Lightning Network that helps explain part of the reasons LTC is adopting Segwit.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/atomic-swaps-how-the-lightning-network-extends-to-altcoins-1484157052/
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 08:15:28 PM

So far had no positive effect on price. (I doubt it will, I predict LTC will stay at current range, with the possibility of it dumping below $1, for the remainder of its existence).

LTC is, speculative wise, a dead coin. No point in buying, holding or trading Litecoin. Which, in the cryptocurrency world, means that it is basically "dead".
dwgscale11

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 08:20:54 PM

So far had no positive effect on price. (I doubt it will, I predict LTC will stay at current range, with the possibility of it dumping below $1, for the remainder of its existence).

LTC is, speculative wise, a dead coin. No point in buying, holding or trading Litecoin. Which, in the cryptocurrency world, means that it is basically "dead".

You're nuts.
shyliar

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 09:12:23 PM

Shorted $20k worth on OkCoin futures (20x leverage, so that's $400k worth of LTC short contracts Cheesy ).

I will make $200k easily with LTC Cheesy.

And how is that going for you?
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 09:46:22 PM

Shorted $20k worth on OkCoin futures (20x leverage, so that's $400k worth of LTC short contracts Cheesy ).

I made quite a lot of money actually. Have been shorting LTC every time it hit over $4.50 and hold until it went below $4 to close contracts.

Rinse and repeat.

No risk of getting margin called because this shitcoin never goes over $5, so just add enough margin you're comfortable losing with, and you can basically get free money.

Planning on shorting it again once it goes to $4.30-4.50 range.

LTC is dead. segwit and all that stuff came waaaay too late. Literally every relevant cryptocurrency has been pumping HARD for a year, except LTC. Which basically means it's not a relevant cryptocurrency anymore; it's just a top 5 coin because of fake volume on Chinese and Western exchanges.

I hope that the $3.7 - $4.8 cycle will happen 3 or 4 more times before it crashes into oblivion.
shyliar

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 01:27:29 AM

Well we will have to agree to disagree. It will be interesting to see what happens not so much when segwit is activated; but, when the LN starts operating. Being able to complete large number of transactions per second interests people looking towards a cryptocurrency that could actually be useful.
Nicolas Tesla

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 02:06:04 AM

@ bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

I like your chicken avatar, you remind me a well know pumper dumper since the Gox days...

He had a variant: a chicken with a rocket on his back.

BTW, be careful not getting burned on your 20x Smiley
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 12:03:30 PM

LTC is shit. Don't touch it. BTC recovered from the previous dump and is over $900 again; LTC went down.

Sub $2 coming.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 12:04:22 PM

I made quite a lot of money actually. Have been shorting LTC every time it hit over $4.50 and hold until it went below $4 to close contracts.

Rinse and repeat.

No risk of getting margin called because this shitcoin never goes over $5, so just add enough margin you're comfortable losing with, and you can basically get free money.

Planning on shorting it again once it goes to $4.30-4.50 range.

LTC is dead. segwit and all that stuff came waaaay too late. Literally every relevant cryptocurrency has been pumping HARD for a year, except LTC. Which basically means it's not a relevant cryptocurrency anymore; it's just a top 5 coin because of fake volume on Chinese and Western exchanges.

I hope that the $3.7 - $4.8 cycle will happen 3 or 4 more times before it crashes into oblivion.

^^^ this person is a self confessed pump and dumper manipulator ^^^ if you are doing the opposite to what he says he is going to do (not what he has done) you are likely doing the right thing. Just check his post history. The guy does u-turns on his LTC prophesies weekly.

If the new changes do get implemented on to LTC then there is no knowing what can happen if BTC starts slowing down under strain.

It has been a disappointing coin since coblee has not really done much at all and without leadership it will die. However it seems that could be about to change. I would not go all in on LTC but every alt portfolio should have some.

Nicolas Tesla

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 12:13:36 PM

LTC is shit. Don't touch it. BTC recovered from the previous dump and is over $900 again; LTC went down.

Sub $2 coming.

Bitcoin is in deadlock, LTC will probably activate SW and LN, someone said that if Core get pissed by BU they would probably come in LTC development...
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 12:24:00 PM

On litecoin's segwit implementation, is there really a need for this? Litecoin already is capable of 4 times the speed and capacity of bitcoin per block. What would segwit achieve? Are the blocks already getting full like bitcoin's blocks? I speculate this move is nothing but an attempt to gain some relevancy.

I legitimately get more and more stressed every time I say this to someone. SegWit is not a block size scaling solution. SegWit would allow the implementation of Lightning Networks and Confidential Transactions. With LN we would be able to work on things like atomic swap txs, when you could seamlessly transact Litecoin on the Bitcoin network. And that's just the start.

The reason for this is segwit is being sold on r/Bitcoin as a scaling solution instead of increasing the blocksize.

Bitrated user: Mick.
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 12:25:58 PM

Litecoin will never even be considered as successor to Bitcoin. It's a shitcoin, doesn't provide financial returns and therefore not interesting for speculators and investors, who make up 95% of Bitcoin community (remaining 5% are the devs and nerds who think it will take over fiat, lol).
Nicolas Tesla

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 12:50:22 PM

On litecoin's segwit implementation, is there really a need for this? Litecoin already is capable of 4 times the speed and capacity of bitcoin per block. What would segwit achieve? Are the blocks already getting full like bitcoin's blocks? I speculate this move is nothing but an attempt to gain some relevancy.

I legitimately get more and more stressed every time I say this to someone. SegWit is not a block size scaling solution. SegWit would allow the implementation of Lightning Networks and Confidential Transactions. With LN we would be able to work on things like atomic swap txs, when you could seamlessly transact Litecoin on the Bitcoin network. And that's just the start.

The reason for this is segwit is being sold on r/Bitcoin as a scaling solution instead of increasing the blocksize.

SW is a scaling solution AND an onchain one !

Last time I checked SW allow block to be up to 4 MB.

If I remind well my kindergarten math 4 > 1 Smiley

r/btc are just politicians and are played by big businesses and cartels who want to further centralize and remove the cyberpunk and libertarian aspect of BTC useful idiots come to my mind.
Nicolas Tesla

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 12:56:47 PM

Litecoin will never even be considered as successor to Bitcoin. It's a shitcoin, doesn't provide financial returns and therefore not interesting for speculators and investors, who make up 95% of Bitcoin community (remaining 5% are the devs and nerds who think it will take over fiat, lol).

Never say never, when BTC will become centralized paypal and those investor will star to get censored by govs especially the Chinese Gov (they already probed exchange about capital flight) the next step is once it's centralized enough in china, PBOC will start ask mining farms like antpool to censor transaction deemed "bad".

It will not happen now of course but let's say in an horizon of 5 to 10 years from now...

LTC can demark by staying small block censorship resistant and start to steal market share, if Bitcoin is back to square one like the old system.

I also see now a probable fork in BTC (Paypalcoin vs Core coin).

By the way the Fontas can you pump some coin for me ?
dontryjustdoit

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 04:42:37 PM

Yeah Herbert2020 I agree.
Looking at The WIZ i see some whale etc dumping.. bet he wishes he waited LOL

i can say with 100% confidence that any whale who dumped around that time has zero regrets.

i've been a longtime advocate of litecoin but now i've happily bailed.

had been told by various litecoin devs and Coblee, that there are things being worked on (that i wasn't happy with), that are just being tested and not necessarily added.
now i've been around enough company management/government to know things being tested are always exceedingly likely to be added. opponents are always fobbed off with "oh we're just testing that".....right up until its too late to change course.

so now i see the first stage of this, well its time for me to give up any fight (knowing full well certain devs are pigheaded enough to push their ideas through with little regard for supporters, so opposition is pretty pointless).

Also many of us supported Litecoin because it was an alternative to Bitcoin (plenty of us unhappy ages back with the path dev of bitcoin where taking and what bitcoin was becoming), now in rhetoric and in develpment we are seeing Litecoin become essentially a testnet for Bitcoin.

i didn't invest in litecoin to be a testnet for bitcoin, so now i must look elsewhere for a genuine alternative to bitcoin.

as i've said many times in the past; the only thing good to ever come out of Cryptocurrency (including Bitcoin), to this point in history, is, the idea.

See he said supported. Most litecoin community is gone. Same with dogecoin. new people arent interested and old people are moving on.
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 06:35:38 PM

Cool, thanks for the work. I'll be updating my nodes this week/weekend.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 07:07:00 PM

i can't read the post of bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc because it is on my ignore list. but the opposite of what it post will happen.
jacobmayes94

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 12:13:46 AM

sparkpool.org is signalling segwit support, the first LTC pool to do so : - ) Need some miners now : )
shyliar

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 03:04:38 AM

Actually not possible for your pool to signal yet; but, if you mean you're utilizing the latest version that's good news.

From official blog at http://blog.litecoin.org/

Segwit timeline:

• Signal: Miners will be able to signal that they are willing and able to enforce segwit starting at the beginning of the first 8064-block retarget period on or after 28 January 2017 (UTC).
  • Lock-in: If 75% of blocks within any retarget period signal support for segwit, it locks-in. SegWit transactions are now opt-in.
  • Activate: After another 8064-block (roughly two week) retarget period, segwit will activate, allowing miners to produce blocks containing segwit transactions on Litecoin’s mainnet.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: