Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:28:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why mining Coins or buying hardware from China is supporting murderers..  (Read 4351 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2011, 12:07:55 AM

Both of these actions require one thing: Government.
Guns cause murder.  That process requires one thing: a gun.
That's where your leap of illogic fails. Watch:

A gun is an object.

A Government is an organization of individuals.

The existence of a gun does not require violence.

The existence of a Government does require violence.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AyeYo

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 01:28:08 AM

'The government' is not a tool. The government is a group of individuals who may or may not be corrupt (I assume some are and some are not). 'Corporations' are legal fiction. They exist to distance liability from decision makers. They are creations of government and grant legal privelege which is incompatible with the libertarian worldview.

We're not pro-corporatism. I personally have far more issues to pick with corporate law (and corporate welfare) than I do to pick with government, but government still has its own issues.

Can you reconcile those two contradictory statements for me?

People cannot be a tool, there is nothing contradictory here. Tools are inanimate and have no free will, this isn't true of the individuals which make up government, or the individuals which make up corporations.

So, in your alternative universe.... government isn't a tool, but big business plays it like a fiddle to get what they want - so it is a tool used by big business to get what they want.

Makes perfect sense.

Keep the semantics coming.  Roll Eyes

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
Anonymous

June 17, 2011, 01:31:42 AM

Not just a big business but a giant forced monopoly.
dutt

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2011, 01:34:03 AM

That company has 0.92m employees. Put that in relation to the suicides.

Also this video on sweatshops etc: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjsshqyAFh8

Perof

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 02:14:54 AM

I guess you could say because the Chinese are somewhat intelligent and kill fetuses that would eventually contribute to the downfall of their own society you could say that buying anything from wal-mart or similar corporation would be like aborting your neighbor's unborn child, forcefully, with a coat hanger.

We don't walk around the internet saying things such as this because in internet lands everything is nice. The electricity comes from the wall and the computers come from Asia. It's all happy sunshine in internet!
Jessy Kang

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 07:46:44 AM

I guess you could say because the Chinese are somewhat intelligent and kill fetuses that would eventually contribute to the downfall of their own society you could say that buying anything from wal-mart or similar corporation would be like aborting your neighbor's unborn child, forcefully, with a coat hanger.

Actually China is closer to a polygamous meritocracy- and has been for thousands of years. Test taking ability is absolutely key to success, successful men are expected to have mistresses or second families and even now can frequency afford to flaunt the one child polices.

That being said, during the Cultural Revolution they killed off their best and brightest and certianly set things way back. People over a certain age in China can act a bit frighteningly stupid, not even because they are- but because they grew up in a time that letting on you had any independent thinking going on upstairs would get you send to a reeducation camp.

I've visited several factories in Bo'an, Dongguan etc- most common complaint is they aren't given more hours. People should not be forced to work, but to impose your cultures work habits on a comparatively industrious people is silly. Telling Chinese we can't work crazy hours is like telling us we can't eat rice.

Mainland Chinese are, by and large atheist. Our bodies are not a temple, and suicide does not violate our Judeo-Christian value system.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2011, 07:50:58 AM

I've visited several factories in Bo'an, Dongguan etc- most common complaint is they aren't given more hours. People should not be forced to work, but to impose your cultures work habits on a comparatively industrious people is silly. Telling Chinese we can't work crazy hours is like telling us we can't eat rice.

Thank you. OP, all others wishing to force people to live 'better lives', You can all now shut up. Forever.

A man can dream, right?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 02:14:02 PM

Thank you. OP, all others wishing to force people to live 'better lives', You can all now shut up. Forever.

+0.01 Wink

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
LastBattle

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 06:07:03 AM

'The government' is not a tool. The government is a group of individuals who may or may not be corrupt (I assume some are and some are not). 'Corporations' are legal fiction. They exist to distance liability from decision makers. They are creations of government and grant legal privelege which is incompatible with the libertarian worldview.

We're not pro-corporatism. I personally have far more issues to pick with corporate law (and corporate welfare) than I do to pick with government, but government still has its own issues.

Can you reconcile those two contradictory statements for me?

People cannot be a tool, there is nothing contradictory here. Tools are inanimate and have no free will, this isn't true of the individuals which make up government, or the individuals which make up corporations.

So, in your alternative universe.... government isn't a tool, but big business plays it like a fiddle to get what they want - so it is a tool used by big business to get what they want.

Makes perfect sense.

Keep the semantics coming.  Roll Eyes

"So in your alternate universe.... mafia isn't a tool, but small businesses use it to destroy competitors - so it is a tool used by small businesses to what what they want.

Makes perfect sense.

Keep the semantics coming. Roll Eyes"

Government is not inanimate, it is a group of individuals, it cannot be a tool. The mafia is not inanimate, it is a group of individuals, it cannot be a tool. I can claim a gun is actually a lollipop too and then cry "stop playing semantics" when you attempt to correct me, but it doesn't make me right.

QED

You're standing on a flagstone running with blood, alone and so very lonely because you can't choose but you had to

I take tips to: 14sF7NNGJzXvoBcfbLR6N4Exy8umCAqdBd
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: