Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:34:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic:  INTERNET OF COINS ⛓ blockchain freedom (r)evolution ⛓ [ CROWDFUND CLOSED ]  (Read 69330 times)
Dotrego

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 12:50:30 AM

I bought in as soon as the ICO opened because I liked the idea of a decentralized marketplace but I do have some questions.
Thanks for your participation Smiley

Is the IOC tradable for a currency? i.e I could spend .1 BTC to buy 1 IOC if that was the agreed upon rate?
If by IOC you mean the hybrid asset, then yes; you can buy them for cryptocurrencies or fiat at https://coinstorm.net/en/crowdfund. After distribution, we will help out in getting the asset listed on the decentralized exchanges.

The plan is that the IOC will be 1:1 across blockchains, but then wouldn't that mean that the underlying blockchain would implicitly make the IOC redundant. What I mean by this is if someone buys an IOC with BTC, as given in the example above, then switched that Bitcoin IOC for an Ethereum IOC, then traded that Ethereum IOC for regular Ethereum, the transfer rate would be the same as buying Ethereum with Bitcoin right? Otherwise there would be arbitrage in the system.

So due to this, IOC's role seems to be to just provide a decentralized exchange, instead of centralized ones we have now like Poloniex. The system will make money based on the trading fees, which it will distribute in various ways including miners that have the hardware nodes.

Thus, my main question is how does the IOC coin itself appreciate in value if it's fixed at that 1:1 rate. To me, it seems that any profit could only arise from arbitrage or just paying less fees to switch cryptocurrencies.
Like I mentioned, the 1:1 rate is preferred, but dependent on market conditions. Arbitration could be a feature in this. Also, remember we envision the hybrid asset as functional part of the system. If two currencies can be swapped using atomic transactions,  this will be the preferred method - and for this transaction the users' hybrid assets will not need to be used at all.

I'm still new to this (been less than 3 months) so please correct me if I'm wrong somewhere in my reasoning and if not, then how IOC the coin itself will appreciate in value.
Basically the asset doesn't have to, to perform its technical function properly. All supported asset platforms (currently 7) need a fair amount of value allocated in hybrids, for the overlaying weavechain to recognize and use them if required as a matching mechanism. When the crowdsale ends,  the hybrids will be priced at $2. Let's stay the marketprice is stable. With a promised non-compounded interest of (5+3+2)% this would make for a potential future value of $2.20.
Market speculation can be based on multiple things, most notably expansion: we as IoC have the intention to eventually connect all assetsystems with their cryptocurrencies. This is not part of the roadmap, as that focusses on the functionalities and not the content. To be able to use the hybrid swapping mechanism, new assets will have to be created on the added subasset platforms (just like we now created Ethereum hybrid assets, Bitshares hybrid assets, NXT hybrid assets etc.). We have promised 5% of these newly created hybrids of any chain to owners of the hybrids distributed during this round.
There are other funding rounds which focus on quick & high yields for community tokens. We focus on delivering our promises in the roadmap first, the token (hybrid asset) is funding that.

What happens if less than 900k tokens are sold on a chain?  Are 1M still issued, and if so how are they allocated?
Agent725 will incorporate this in his answer. This concerns inflation as well.

After XEM or Waves die what will happen to the ppl holding the hybrid on those platforms
Nothing happens if a currency crashes, they are not linked. If an assetplatform is lost (like Omni) than any asset used there will suffer the consequences of course. If you do not want hybrids on a specific platform, send us an e-mail (info@) and we'll allocate your hybrids to the ones of your choice of the 7 platforms.

Hi Coinstorm team,

It is my understanding from the Florincoin [ANN] thread that there is a request to work with the Florincoin team on some functionality. Perhaps it would make sense to start with integrating FLO into the multiwallet.

I would like to reach out to open communication between your team and ours because collaboration could lead to the betterment of both projects in the future.

With kind regards,
Metacoin
Hi Metacoin, I know Matthias (szenekonzept) has sent out a request for development teams to sign up for cooperation at a later stage, assuming you're referring to that.
Right now, we are; running alphatest for basics with the ecovillages initiative; setting up the wallet for the assets of the crowdfund; daily working an the campaign.
So you can check the wiki for some developer documentation, test the processor on GitHub, and I saw user gramen already made a recipe for Florincoin in this thread (cool!). The IoC teams first focus will be on the integration of the asset platforms used in the crowdfund, so all participants can use it to manage their new assets. Send me your e-mail address and I'll invite you to the Slack channel so you and our devs can talk further Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
agent725 (OP)

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

currently working on the Internet of Coins

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 01:46:05 AM

Answers to @Winslow's questions:

Q: How can a 1:1 swap be enforced AND liquidity be maintained?  If the market were to net want to swap hybrid on one chain for another, and the exchange rate of 1:1 is imposed, where does the liquidity come from so that all those who want to swap can swap?
We create liquidity on 1:1 swaps by letting allocators earn a fee on every swarm transaction they are part of. So technically this makes a swap 1:0.99 for a user switching chains, with 0.01 going to the allocator swarm. We want to make sure swapping chains is always done for a reason, and supports the network. Bitcoin transactions work in a similar way, and also have a fee.

Q: What are the specific trades that can be made to instantiate the arbitrage?
For arbitrage, a trader would have to make use of an exchange in combination with Internet of Coins swaps. For instance, to arbitrage on HYBRID part ETH vs XCP, the traders sells HYBRID for ETH on EtherDelta, sends that to an exchange (centralized or decentralized), and trades it for XCP there. Then the trader sends it to the CounterParty DEX and buys HYBRID. The circle is complete. However, this will only be done in case of large price imbalance between chains. Otherwise, the arbitrage trader cannot make profit on this.

Q: How many HYBRID tokens will be added per new crypto?  If any, how are they to be sold and to whom do the revenues from the sales go?  Or maybe you mean no new HYBRID tokens will be issued, i.e. there will always be 7M?  But then how would other chains be included within IOC's weave-based DEX?
We don't just add HYBRID to every crypto. We add the chain system that have their own token/asset system. Per system this would be 1M tokens. We would make these fungible either by proof-of-burn or organizing a sale. Any additional proceeds would go to the NLnet foundation to make sure they are used for further development.
For a lot of cryptocurrencies, however, we can use methods next to HYBRID for swaps, like for example atomic transactions.

Q: What happens if less than 900k tokens are sold on a chain?  Are 1M still issued, and if so how are they allocated?
Most likely we would issue the last 100k by finding someone willing to fund them, or emit them in a slow sale. We will vote on that when we add another chain system.

▄██▄               
                        ▐████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████
             ▄▄          ▀██▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▌
           ▄████▌       ▐█                ███▀
          ▄██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▌       ▄██▄       ██
  ▄▄▄  ▄██▀ ▀██▀       ██▀▀▀▀██▌█████▌      ▐██
 ██████▀▀             ▐▀      ▄▄██████       ██
▐██████           ▄█████▄▄▄███▀ ▀███▀        ▐██
 █████▀           ███████▐█▀                ██████
   ▀▀▄█▄          ███████                  ▐███████
      ██▀▄███▄     ▀███▀██▄      ▄▄▄▄      ▐██████▌
       ▀███████          ████▄ ▄██████▄ ▄███▀████▀
        ███████▌███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▐███████████▀
        ███████ ███████████████████████▌▀
         ▀███▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀███▐████████
                                ▀████▀

scrimper

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 05:03:26 PM

Hi scrimper. I this vid (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hucm3y4sms) it gets explained with an example.

thx for this link, this was understandable. i think this is a very interesting project, i hope this will get a lot of attention and it will be useful in the future. i have bought some hybrids  Smiley
Winslow Strong

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 08:41:49 PM

@agent725, thanks for continuing to reply.  It's essential that I understand this better before forking over any serious investment in this project.

My replies are below in bold.

Answers to @Winslow's questions:

Q: How can a 1:1 swap be enforced AND liquidity be maintained?  If the market were to net want to swap hybrid on one chain for another, and the exchange rate of 1:1 is imposed, where does the liquidity come from so that all those who want to swap can swap?
We create liquidity on 1:1 swaps by letting allocators earn a fee on every swarm transaction they are part of. So technically this makes a swap 1:0.99 for a user switching chains, with 0.01 going to the allocator swarm. We want to make sure swapping chains is always done for a reason, and supports the network. Bitcoin transactions work in a similar way, and also have a fee.

So this is what I understand, and please correct me if it's off: it seems to me that when the allocator fee is included, the exchange rate need not be 1:1 for hybrid living on different chains.  It's (1+fee1 : 1+fee2), which amounts to a floating exchange rate set by market forces.  This makes economic sens as a way liquidity can be provided, but also means that the hybrid on each chain are effectively different currencies, in the sense that they would be priced separately on any std exchange (e.g. Poloniex), and there's no reason their prices would need to be close to the same as one another.

Q: What are the specific trades that can be made to instantiate the arbitrage?
For arbitrage, a trader would have to make use of an exchange in combination with Internet of Coins swaps. For instance, to arbitrage on HYBRID part ETH vs XCP, the traders sells HYBRID for ETH on EtherDelta, sends that to an exchange (centralized or decentralized), and trades it for XCP there. Then the trader sends it to the CounterParty DEX and buys HYBRID. The circle is complete. However, this will only be done in case of large price imbalance between chains. Otherwise, the arbitrage trader cannot make profit on this.

I see that this arbitrage could exist (and hence correct for) price mismatches between Hybrid(XCP) vs Hybrid(ETH) as existing via IOC swap vs as implied by those prices and the ETH:XCP prices on exchanges.  What I don't see is that this forces the price of Hybrid(XCP) : Hybrid(ETH) to stay close to 1.  I.e. as long as prices are consistent (but possibly different from 1) then no arbitrage will be possible. The price would have to be close to 1 if the IoC coinswap could guarantee liquidity at that price, but again I dont see how it could do that without market-based fees, which effectively is equivalent to a floating price, not a fixed price of 1.

Q: How many HYBRID tokens will be added per new crypto?  If any, how are they to be sold and to whom do the revenues from the sales go?  Or maybe you mean no new HYBRID tokens will be issued, i.e. there will always be 7M?  But then how would other chains be included within IOC's weave-based DEX?
We don't just add HYBRID to every crypto. We add the chain system that have their own token/asset system. Per system this would be 1M tokens. We would make these fungible either by proof-of-burn or organizing a sale. Any additional proceeds would go to the NLnet foundation to make sure they are used for further development.

Hence this is a potential source of inflation for hybrid holders, yes?  I.e. if you increase the hybrid supply to add a new coin and make that hybrid exchangeable wrt the existing hybrid.

For a lot of cryptocurrencies, however, we can use methods next to HYBRID for swaps, like for example atomic transactions.
WIthout issuing new tokens, this would be inflation-free

Q: What happens if less than 900k tokens are sold on a chain?  Are 1M still issued, and if so how are they allocated?
Most likely we would issue the last 100k by finding someone willing to fund them, or emit them in a slow sale. We will vote on that when we add another chain system.

My question was aiming at something different.  Im not concerned with the gap between the max of 900k tokens sold per chain and the remaining 100k, which are to be issued over the next few years.  I'm concerned with e.g. if e.g. only 9k tokens are sold for e.g. NXT.  Then are you only going to issue 9k (10k) hybrid on NXT, or will you issue 900k (1M), in which case how will those extra tokens be distributed?  That's a major inflationary concern at the moment, since only ~215k hybrid have been sold out of a possible 6.3M (7M).
agent725 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 07:35:59 AM

Q: So this is what I understand, and please correct me if it's off: it seems to me that when the allocator fee is included, the exchange rate need not be 1:1 for hybrid living on different chains.  It's (1+fee1 : 1+fee2), which amounts to a floating exchange rate set by market forces.  This makes economic sens as a way liquidity can be provided, but also means that the hybrid on each chain are effectively different currencies, in the sense that they would be priced separately on any std exchange (e.g. Poloniex), and there's no reason their prices would need to be close to the same as one another.
I see that this arbitrage could exist (and hence correct for) price mismatches between Hybrid(XCP) vs Hybrid(ETH) as existing via IOC swap vs as implied by those prices and the ETH:XCP prices on exchanges.  What I don't see is that this forces the price of Hybrid(XCP) : Hybrid(ETH) to stay close to 1.  I.e. as long as prices are consistent (but possibly different from 1) then no arbitrage will be possible. The price would have to be close to 1 if the IoC coinswap could guarantee liquidity at that price, but again I dont see how it could do that without market-based fees, which effectively is equivalent to a floating price, not a fixed price of 1.

There is a slight float. Our system creates the orderbooks automatically, and keeps prices as close to 1:1 as possible, and limits the possibility to go too far beyond that. For that we are using a covariance algorithm to predict differences in the portfolio of HYBRID's users are holding. We will be going towards using Nash's equilibrium with our mathematician to put a more advanced prediction model into the balancing algorithm.

Q: Hence this is a potential source of inflation for hybrid holders, yes?  I.e. if you increase the hybrid supply to add a new coin and make that hybrid exchangeable wrt the existing hybrid.

Without funding the new emission it is an inflation. We will not add non-funded emissions to HYBRID, however, so technically it is not an inflation in that it decreases vested token value.

Q: WIthout issuing new tokens, this would be inflation-free

That is correct.

Q: My question was aiming at something different.  Im not concerned with the gap between the max of 900k tokens sold per chain and the remaining 100k, which are to be issued over the next few years.  I'm concerned with e.g. if e.g. only 9k tokens are sold for e.g. NXT.  Then are you only going to issue 9k (10k) hybrid on NXT, or will you issue 900k (1M), in which case how will those extra tokens be distributed?  That's a major inflationary concern at the moment, since only ~215k hybrid have been sold out of a possible 6.3M (7M)

A proper concern, and something we are also looking at. We'd like to see the amounts of HYBRID on different chains to be synchronous as planned originally, i.e. 1M per chain. In this first emission of HYBRID, it could be that not all tokens are sold, and for this situation we are thinking of distributing the rest of the tokens among current HYBRID holders, so everyone receives the adequate percentage belonging to his/her participation in the marketcap the crowdfund has created.

▄██▄               
                        ▐████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████
                                ▀████▀

Winslow Strong

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 09:54:02 PM

Q: My question was aiming at something different.  Im not concerned with the gap between the max of 900k tokens sold per chain and the remaining 100k, which are to be issued over the next few years.  I'm concerned with e.g. if e.g. only 9k tokens are sold for e.g. NXT.  Then are you only going to issue 9k (10k) hybrid on NXT, or will you issue 900k (1M), in which case how will those extra tokens be distributed?  That's a major inflationary concern at the moment, since only ~215k hybrid have been sold out of a possible 6.3M (7M)

A proper concern, and something we are also looking at. We'd like to see the amounts of HYBRID on different chains to be synchronous as planned originally, i.e. 1M per chain. In this first emission of HYBRID, it could be that not all tokens are sold, and for this situation we are thinking of distributing the rest of the tokens among current HYBRID holders, so everyone receives the adequate percentage belonging to his/her participation in the marketcap the crowdfund has created.

This is a pretty important detail to have not decided on by this point.  I can't see myself investing without a strong claim in writing made by the team on how the extra tokens will be distributed.  I was thinking of investing a substantial amount if a non-inflationary solution were to be implemented regarding this concern.
Dotrego

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 05:28:38 PM

This is a pretty important detail to have not decided on by this point.  I can't see myself investing without a strong claim in writing made by the team on how the extra tokens will be distributed.  I was thinking of investing a substantial amount if a non-inflationary solution were to be implemented regarding this concern.
I agree, and we have the interests of all participants in high regard. We'll provide that claim after the weekend here and on the site as well, giving the team a moment to weigh in. Communication currently has some delay, as we're working from multiple continents at the moment. You are already registered as an Early Bird, so the same fee would apply.

hansen.ng

Activity: 632

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 05:41:10 PM

This looks promising, decentralize exchange is the future. I wish you all the best.

PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
WITH BITCOIN'S HASHRATE

POWERS SuperNET
TECHNOLOGY
░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
gramen

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 02:46:39 AM

Heehee. I missed your latest vid on April 1st. IoC goes to space..  Grin Grin

☆☆☆ I ♥ all altcoins! ☆☆☆
McGeorge

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 07:35:39 AM

Thanks hansen.ng! It was great fun making this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZaomcJ0SD8 gramen ;-)
agent725 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 02:49:45 AM

Good to see a variety of businesses around Singapore accepting cryptocurrency. Smiley

Coinmap totals at least 38: https://coinmap.org/#/map/1.30434213/103.88174057/13

▄██▄               
                        ▐████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████
                                ▀████▀

Jumbai17

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 02:13:00 PM

Hello ,tell me where can I see my HYBRIDS after I participated in the ICO. Is there a wallet where they can be seen.
Dotrego

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 05:08:21 PM

Hello,

Still looking for a spanish translator to get involved in the project?

Contact me if you are  Wink
Not right now, but will do if needed. Thanks for the offer Smiley

Hello ,tell me where can I see my HYBRIDS after I participated in the ICO. Is there a wallet where they can be seen.
The HYBRIDs will be allocated after the crowdfund, starting July 1st. You can then see them on the chain. We will also release a wallet where you can see them.

@Winslow Strong; we are consulting legal and the funding guardian NLnet.

ekoja

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 10:11:19 PM

early bird phase is over?

ekoja

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 02:21:45 AM

@Dotrego

The present price is $1.2 per token?

OMG, what did I miss?!
ekoja

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:18:22 AM

@agent725

Q: What happens if less than 900k tokens are sold on a chain?  Are 1M still issued, and if so how are they allocated?

A:Most likely we would issue the last 100k by finding someone willing to fund them, or emit them in a slow sale. We will vote on that when we add another chain system.

I am still not clear about the first question, even with your answer.

You are planning to sell 900k * 7 tokens in total, right?
The amount is at least  900k*7*1USD > 6 million dollars.

If there is no enough buying, (let's say that you only sell half of them : 450k*7 token, for instance), what will  you deal with the remaining half tokens?

Dotrego

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 11:28:08 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2017, 02:32:37 PM by Dotrego

@ekoja send us an email at earlybirds (_at_) internetofcoins.org and I'll send you the information. We're getting more responses from people interested for 10BTC that just stumbled upon us late.

The price has an upward trend throughout the campaign, to reward our first supporters and believers (see the Terms page). Early Birds are exempt from this due to their big help.

If there is no enough buying, (let's say that you only sell half of them : 450k*7 token, for instance), what will  you deal with the remaining half tokens?
We're discussing that at the moment. I'll be explicit that we do NOT want to create inflation of the invested value by participants.

ekoja

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 01:51:03 PM

@ekoja send us an email at earlybirds (_at_) internetofcoins.org and I'll send you the information. We're getting more responses from people interested for 10BTC that just stumbled upon us late.

The price has an upward trend throughout the campaign, to reward our first supporters and believers (see the Terms page). Early Birds are exempt from this due to their big help.

If there is no enough buying, (let's say that you only sell half of them : 450k*7 token, for instance), what will  you deal with the remaining half tokens?
We're discussing that at the moment. I'll be explicit that we do NOT want to create inflation of the invested value by participants.

email has been sent.
agent725 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 05:12:56 PM

Had a meeting and conversation in Singapore with one of the founders of DigixDAO. Nice to see an active community there.  Smiley

▄██▄               
                        ▐████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████
                                ▀████▀

Dotrego

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 11:21:11 PM

Presented Internet of Coins at Coinfest Arnhem today. Nice community, and the city has a ridiculous lot of bitcoin-accepting merchants Smiley

Newsletter was sent Friday. Will update later, currently writing a research proposal based on IoC...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: