Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:11:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lauda/TMAN extortion attempt  (Read 48691 times)
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 10:40:46 PM

I do believe Shorena and Lauda are the same people, I will post some proof shortly
I would find this very unlikely.

Each of their ethics, intelligence, and more are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2216

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 12:59:25 AM

I do believe Shorena and Lauda are the same people, I will post some proof shortly
I would find this very unlikely.

Each of their ethics, intelligence, and more are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

You mean like how Panthers52 posts a link to a "Tired of annoying signature ads? (suspicious link removed)" Archive and you (until you fell on hard times recently Wink ) used to have a signature from whatever signature campaign was paying the most?

Yep, definitely different ends of the spectrum... OH WAIT!

Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 06:53:46 AM

I want to publicly say that I strongly disagree with the removal of negative ratings against Lauda/TMAN.

In the case of Lauda, this is not the first time that he has been accused of extorting someone, and AFAICT, the claims that zeroaxl was evading taxes/engaging in illegal activity were baseless. What could be reasonably confirmed however was that zeroaxl has/had a large amount of BTC, and had the resources to pay an extortion payment in order to prevent an invasive police investigation.

I know and I understand. I dont care enough anymore to do this alone. Probably time to move on.
Was anyone lobbying you to remove the negative rating? If so, who?

I would point out that doing the right thing is often not the same as doing the easy thing.

I am very disappointed in those in the DT network for not looking the other way in an admitted extortion attempt. I am also especially disappointed in Blazed for keeping Lauda in his trust list.

Whats the correct information then?
That I wasn't involved in the extortion plot and was simply trying to enforce the forum's rules. As I have said previously in the thread.
This is an obvious lie. Your actions clearly were putting pressure on the extortion victim to pay the extortion demand, and you were aware of the extortion attempt prior to you taking the action that put pressure on the extortion victim.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2017, 08:20:02 AM

This is an obvious lie. Your actions clearly were putting pressure on the extortion victim to pay the extortion demand, and you were aware of the extortion attempt prior to you taking the action that put pressure on the extortion victim.
And, as I have also said before, your word on this matter should not be seen as fact due to the glaring conflict of interest between the two of us.
For anyone concerned, I would take the word of a neutral third party (Shorena) [1] or the perpetrator themselves (Lauda) [2] in regards to my innocence.

[1]
#3 I left no rating to minifrij because the connection is not strong enough for it. The timing is odd and Im wary, but its not enough for a rating IMHO.

[2]
The thread, especially the OP, contains highly incorrect information (e.g. minifrij) about the incident.
vodaljepa

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 12:14:07 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2017, 12:28:02 PM by vodaljepa

Minifrij how much did you get paid to keep your mouth shut?

Hottest Girls On Webcam Naked - Naughty Cams
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2017, 10:32:23 PM

Minifrij how much did you get paid to keep your mouth shut?
vodaljepa, does butthurt rageposting offer you payments? If so, then sign me up!

I don't think it's very necessary to continually state the same point over and over (over different threads) without clear proof to back it up. Anything you've provided is raw circumstantial assumption, and that's stretching it.

Maybe you should be a conspiracy theorist Roll Eyes

cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 12:55:18 AM

"Oh! What a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive"  --“Marmion” by Sir Walter Scott

I'm reserving comment because we all know what happens when we look behind the curtain....but I do believe there's more!  Collusion is bad if the intention is to provide a fair reputation network....it puts the whole system on its head. Sorry for interjecting my opinion here, but it needs to be said somewhere....the trust system is broken!
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1814
Merit: 2727

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 04:57:07 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2017, 05:16:10 PM by ibminer

I want to publicly say that I strongly disagree with the removal of negative ratings against Lauda/TMAN.

In the case of Lauda, this is not the first time that he has been accused of extorting someone, and AFAICT, the claims that zeroaxl was evading taxes/engaging in illegal activity were baseless. What could be reasonably confirmed however was that zeroaxl has/had a large amount of BTC, and had the resources to pay an extortion payment in order to prevent an invasive police investigation.

The first "extortion attempt" didn't seem legitimate to me.

This thread is disturbing but I would have liked to see an actual transaction as more solid proof that Lauda wasn't just bluffing to bring a scammer out into the open. If it was a bluff for entrapment, it is not extortion, even though I don't agree with the behavior. For me it seems like speculation as to what would or could have happened and just having speculation doesn't make it easy marking a person negative for extortion who appears to put a good amount of time and effort into helping the community and people in general.

I agree with the Staff removal and would be fine leaving a negative feedback if I had better evidence of actual extortion but I don't see it.

sluggss

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 10:48:21 PM

I know and I understand. I dont care enough anymore to do this alone. Probably time to move on.

I would point out that doing the right thing is often not the same as doing the easy thing.

I am very disappointed in those in the DT network for not looking the other way in an admitted extortion attempt. I am also especially disappointed in Blazed for keeping Lauda in his trust list.

Whats the correct information then?
That I wasn't involved in the extortion plot and was simply trying to enforce the forum's rules. As I have said previously in the thread.
no doubt . that's clearly an extortion attempt.  interesting to read.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 06:16:29 AM

No, Lauda was repeatedly asking me when the rating will be removed as I said they should. I think I was contected a few times by people, but nothing more than simply asking without pressing it further when I didnt reply.

I know. I shouldnt have said I will remove the rating after some time passed, but I did and I feel Im bound by these words. Esp. here as there is little more than my word on anything. I had hoped that more would chime in and eventually my rating is no longer relevant.

You know damn right shorena got paid under the table to change that rating around
It's unusual that shorena gave you a negative rating a day after this the day he read this... for a completely different reason

[ img]http://pix.iemoji.com/images/emoji/apple/ios-9/256/thinking-face.png[/img]

Thats a big ass smiley man.

Anyway. Yes it is, I wouldnt usually do this, but this thread is a constant reminder why I keep posting less and less here. vodaljepa poked me and I lashed out. Usually I wouldnt even have looked, that day I did and it turned out I just had to check the untrusted ratings on their profile to find some dirt. They are a troll asking for a reaction, they got one. It might not have been the reaction they had hoped for, but thats the risk of playing stupid games. You might win stupid prices.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
sluggss

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 10:02:21 AM

...No, Lauda was repeatedly asking me when the rating will be removed as I said they should. I think I was contected a few times by people, but nothing more than simply asking without pressing it further when I didnt reply.

The plot thickens. Seams he does not have a clear conscience  after all ... this become more and more interresting
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 10:05:06 AM

...No, Lauda was repeatedly asking me when the rating will be removed as I said they should. I think I was contected a few times by people, but nothing more than simply asking without pressing it further when I didnt reply.

The plot thickens. Seams he does not have a clear conscience  after all ... this become more and more interresting
My conscious is pretty clear, much clearer than you resorting to these childish games with alts. An unlimited amount of accounts won't help you.

This thread is disturbing but I would have liked to see an actual transaction as more solid proof that Lauda wasn't just bluffing to bring a scammer out into the open. If it was a bluff for entrapment, it is not extortion, even though I don't agree with the behavior. For me it seems like speculation as to what would or could have happened and just having speculation doesn't make it easy marking a person negative for extortion who appears to put a good amount of time and effort into helping the community and people in general.
There is no evidence as the claims in the OP are falsified (e.g. minifrij's involvement). Oh yes, you and I had decent disagreements in the past (I saw your post before you edited it). Tongue

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
sluggss

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 12:33:57 PM

The plot thickens. Seams he does not have a clear conscience  after all ... this become more and more interresting
My conscious is pretty clear, much clearer than you resorting to these childish games with alts. An unlimited amount of accounts won't help you.

There is no evidence as the claims in the OP are falsified (e.g. minifrij's involvement). Oh yes, you and I had decent disagreements in the past (I saw your post before you edited it). Tongue

Lauda just left me a bad feedback , for the sole reason i expose my opinion .. what's wrong here ?this is the  way trust rating should be use on this board  ?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 12:36:18 PM

Lauda just left me a bad feedback , for the sole reason i expose my opinion .. what's wrong here ?this is the  way trust rating should be use on this board  ?
What do you know about valid or invalid feedback, you are a new member after all. Aren't you? If you aren't (hence the statement), then my feedback is very much valid. I guess those e-mail threats didn't work.Roll Eyes

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1814
Merit: 2727

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 02:24:00 PM

The raw facts that QS posted seemed accurate but I just didn't have the same interpretations or draw the same conclusions. It was certainly an extortion attempt but what the motive actually was means something to me in this situation, regardless of motive, I do think this type of behavior is distasteful. As for the edit, I didn't think all of that was relevant to get into with this thread and I wanted to try and remain as neutral as I could. I have nothing to hide here though, if anyone wants to know my gut feelings about our past, I will tell them - as I have in the past. I don't know you personally so all I have to go on is past experiences but I wanted to try and look at this accusation with a clear head. I do also question the motives of QS but I would never want him to stop posting his beliefs.

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 02:34:39 PM

My conscious is pretty clear,

So, in the same circumstances, you would be comfortable doing the same thing again?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 04:55:08 PM

The raw facts that QS posted seemed accurate but I just didn't have the same interpretations or draw the same conclusions.
No, they are most certainly not facts. Whilst I am not going to waste my time debunking the whole thread, especially not considering the time passed since the event, here's one example:
Immidiately prior to sending this 'extortion message' Lauda (and upon information and belief, others) was (were) badgering zeroaxl about his alleged criminal activity.
This is a blatant lie. If my memory serves me correctly, I had sent zero messages to Zeroxal prior to the 'string message' itself (at least not within that month; e.g. we had a trade a long time ago).

My conscious is pretty clear,
So, in the same circumstances, you would be comfortable doing the same thing again?
No. I have stated this long ago. If not publicly, then privately.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:22:08 PM

If you didn't do anything wrong and have a clear conscience then logistically you should have no problem doing it again, right? If you did nothing wrong then why not do it again?
sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:54:41 PM

If you didn't do anything wrong and have a clear conscience then logistically you should have no problem doing it again, right? If you did nothing wrong then why not do it again?

Your logic is flawed; one can do something stupid, learn from ones mistakes and - with a clear conscience - try to never do it again. Or one can do something immoral, leading to a guilty conscience (in a healthy individual). One does not exclude the other but certainly also not imply each other...

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
anonymoustroll420

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:55:19 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2017, 06:07:27 PM by anonymoustroll420

Your logic is flawed; one can do something stupid, learn from ones mistakes and - with a clear conscience - try to never do it again. Or one can do something immoral, leading to a guilty conscience (in a healthy individual). One does not exclude the other but certainly also not imply each other...

Right, but that still makes the thing that the person did wrong.

Please don't stop us from using ASICBoost which we're not using
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: