Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:01:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Unofficial] Exodus Wallet | Multi-Currency | Built-in Exchange  (Read 28281 times)
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 07:20:34 PM

May I ask: What's in it for you, OmegaStarScream, by making this thread, if you're not affiliated with Exodus Wallet (which you made a point of several times)?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
x4

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 11:15:06 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2017, 01:38:30 AM by x4

May I ask: What's in it for you, OmegaStarScream, by making this thread, if you're not affiliated with Exodus Wallet (which you made a point of several times)?
To answer this,  maybe because this wallet is never heard on this forum before he created this thread.

And IMO all existing wallets desktop/HW/web/mobile must be posted on this forum to inform others and to let others know that this wallets are existing, posted by affiliated or non-affiliated members doesnt matter as long the thread is informative and helpful.
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 01:13:21 AM

I already downloaded this to my PC but haven't had the time to try and make a transaction in it. This is just for my initial impression upon installing the wallet. The only thing that I can comment on is about its UI. The dark theme of this wallet really pleases my eyes in a good way. I always use my laptop in a dim lit environment and the dark theme of this wallet helped my eyes to adjust properly. I'll try to update this post when I have the time to use it.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 04:19:04 AM

This project looks REALLY nice! Are you able to choose your own fees, or how are they calculated? And does it have a way to "send all" (where it will figure out the max you can send after fees and automatically pick that amount)?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
jp

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2017, 04:47:27 AM

> This project looks REALLY nice! Are you able to choose your own fees,

No. Exodus leverages API calls to use the appropriate network fee.

> And does it have a way to "send all"

Yes, the button is in the amount input.

Helping the world exit the traditional financial system.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 09:34:59 AM

I found out about the project, I started reading about it and asked a lot of questions on their slack. I really liked the way they work and the roadmap they have so I asked the developers If I could make a thread and they accepeted, as simple as that and beside helping the community? I'm not getting anything.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dodgrad

Activity: 1067
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 09:49:28 AM

> This project looks REALLY nice! Are you able to choose your own fees,

No. Exodus leverages API calls to use the appropriate network fee.

I guess that fee will be your source of income from this app, but can you implement also manual settings for fee amount? It would have helped to avoid similar problems that were recently with BTC transfers.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Buckarooz

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 11:18:28 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2017, 11:29:17 AM by Buckarooz

Hi,

Co-founder of Exodus here.

Yep, I dropped the ball here on a prompt response.

Here's what has happened, within the last three weeks, we've grown about 10x. In the last week, we've brought on three customer support reps to help with the volume. I saw your email and thought that it'd make a good training email when the rep starts the next shift. My failing was in starting to view these emails more from the perspective of just another email and not with the reverence of someone's money is on the line. I'm sorry for this Sad

Also, regarding ShapeShift. That's our fault to. Not that they didn't send out your transaction, but that we brought you to them and they didn't deliver and meet your expectations. We are evaluating on how we can bring about more reliability and stability. We don't want customers of Exodus to have exchange experiences where they don't get their money.

All-in-all, this is 100% my fault. We are fighting to scale this company so that we can be around 10-years from now and it's clear we have a lot of work to do.

-JP

All is as it should be now, thank you for the courteous and once started, rapid solution with consistent update communication. I will continue to use the Exodus wallet and recommend it to any that ask my advice, as I find the software very pleasant on the eye and easy to use. I hope what happened here is used to help prevent similar situations if they arise in the future, so that the wallet and user base continues to grow.

A message system for support built into the wallet itself instead of slack/email for any dodgery older folks like myself, or non net savvy people could be possibly something to consider when time/funds/staffing allows as not everyone is comfortable jumping from system to system when they have a problem.
Arcteryx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 03:59:24 AM

Have used it for transferring btc to ethereum and my first transaction with the conversion took less than five minutes using shapeshift as the exchanger for converting to the alt coin but now it is taking longer.
Does the spread % at the bottom make a difference? I noticed the first time I did the transfer it was lower, at 59% but now it is higher at 69,5%. I thought this was the margin that shapeshift takes for the conversion rate.
Does doing it this way automatically within the wallet differ in the rate the sender gets charged by shapeshift if they were to do it straight from their website?
I want to know for comparisons sake and if it was higher than using a site like less say changelly  or off an exchange site.
Just started into exchanging my bitcoin for alt coins and want to know for the best bang for my bitcoin buck. Grin

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 07:25:03 AM

Have used it for transferring btc to ethereum and my first transaction with the conversion took less than five minutes using shapeshift as the exchanger for converting to the alt coin but now it is taking longer.
Does the spread % at the bottom make a difference? I noticed the first time I did the transfer it was lower, at 59% but now it is higher at 69,5%. I thought this was the margin that shapeshift takes for the conversion rate.
Does doing it this way automatically within the wallet differ in the rate the sender gets charged by shapeshift if they were to do it straight from their website?
I want to know for comparisons sake and if it was higher than using a site like less say changelly  or off an exchange site.
Just started into exchanging my bitcoin for alt coins and want to know for the best bang for my bitcoin buck. Grin

ShapeShift is available for everyone and so the wallet, simply check your transaction in the wallet and check the price on the site and see the difference yourself. I'm personally not really a trader myself so I couldn't tell you for sure. I can let the staff know about your question If you feel like it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LLec

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 09:25:47 PM

Would this be considered a web wallet?
What happens to the coins you have in the wallet when the hard fork happens?
Do they get lost with the new blockchain being created with BU?
Really confused about all this and the wallets that I have been using with coins in them. Embarrassed
Kind of getting disturbed about all this talk and the possibility of losing all your bitcoin/alt coins in these web wallets. But the private keys are with in the program downloaded to your folder's dat.file right?
Arcteryx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 01:30:37 AM

I want to know for comparisons sake and if it was higher than using a site like less say changelly  or off an exchange site.

ShapeShift is available for everyone and so the wallet, simply check your transaction in the wallet and check the price on the site and see the difference yourself. I'm personally not really a trader myself so I couldn't tell you for sure. I can let the staff know about your question If you feel like it.
Yes if you can let them know about my inquiry about the conversion fees that they charge within the wallet transition process compared to going directly to shapeshift.io to do this exchange.
Maybe a chart or graph presentation of this explanation (with an example with another coin with btc perhaps?) would be nice to see so to have it in visual a representation to clarify it for us all.
Thanks.

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 01:21:22 PM

I just know there's desktop wallet that support multiple major currency. But, i have few question :
1. How heavy is this wallet since i still use old PC? Is it heavy compared with Electrum?
2. Will you support minority bitcoin chain if hard fork happen?
3. How currency exchange works? Must we login to specific exchange before do it?

1. The installer that you download is 74,4 MB (Windows 64bit) so yes It's kinda big compared to Electrum.
3. You don't need to login or do anything, everything is built inside the wallet (probably an API key to deal with ShapeShift) so you just choose what you want to buy and everything is done almost instantly.

I will forward your second question to the team as I'm not sure what there plans are.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 07:00:25 AM

I have received an answer from Daniel regarding the hardfork and he gave me the permission to copy it here:

'Exodus is designed to allow you to control your own wealth. With this control comes the ability to make decisions for yourself and also have 100% control over your funds - this includes Bitcoin and all assets.

Exodus gives the power to you as a user to decide how you want to proceed in the case of a hard fork. No matter the decision of Exodus, the software is designed to give the user total ownership and full autonomy over all assets.

Unlike an exchange or hosted wallet provider, Exodus gives you the user full control of your private keys. With these private keys you will be able to retain control of both sets of coins when and if a hard fork takes place.

Again, we want to stress, the power of Exodus is it gives you the user 100% control over all assets. No matter what Exodus as a company decides to do in a hard fork situation you always have an maintain full control and management of your assets
.'

To learn about how to view and control your private keys inside Exodus please see this step-by-step article: http://support.exodus.io/knowledge_base/topics/how-can-i-view-my-private-keys-1

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 03:29:53 PM

1.22.0 version is out (31th March), a lot of improvements and fixes has been made:

As usual, the new version should come out in a couple of weeks (Apr. 14, 2017)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 03:01:26 PM

Exodus officially welcomes Golem!

The new version should come out in 27th April, It's possible to check the full changelog (1.23.0): https://www.exodus.io/releases/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:19:05 PM

There was a new small update three days ago and It included a bugfix:

Code:
BUGFIX: >10X speed improvements in Litecoin rescan.

Expect another new update in a couple of days as scheduled before.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:39:18 AM

Augur has been added to the wallet, the changelog for version 1.24.0:

You can now see the releases hashes and verify them: https://exodusbin.azureedge.net/releases/hashes-1.24.0.txt

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
torrentco

Activity: 2100
Merit: 418

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 11:05:13 AM

no ripple?seriously?
27QVUTZj8rgZP1

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 02:01:29 PM

The scariest part of this software is that it is not opensource, please correct me if I am wrong; I saw no mention of its source code.

It is beautiful, it is useful, it has a good functionality and options, it is user friendly.

And that is all, I cannot even know what it is doing in my system as there is no source. Trust it at your own risk.

I'll continue with Electrum, it is not as beautiful but at least it is as useful as Exodus; and it shows the source code (trustworthy).

Bitcoin address: 1RepentJESUSisComingSoon777kqd54C

And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. - Revelation 22:12
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: