Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:52:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Learning a new language  (Read 14127 times)
Miner99HG

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 02:39:27 PM

If you speak English what other language do you want to learn and why, may I ask.

English is a widely spoken language in the world.
But chinese is used too much in language like spanish.
I want to learn chinese. I want to know about Chinese culture and history.

Chinese is good to learn for business, you can even get good salary job with it. It is hard to learn language like chinese, especially if you start from scratch. I recommend official schools, and it will take probably years until you master it.

Yes, learning Chinese is a bit more difficult than in other languages. Even people in different parts of China may not understand each other.
The alphabet they use is very different. Someone who is accustomed to Latin letters may find it difficult to learn Chinese letters.

But china is a very old civilization. I want to get to know this civilization more closely.

Yes you are right about chinese language and its difficult than other languages. And i dont want to speak about difference of parts of China and not understanding. I had work with Chinese people and all i learned is to say Hello Cheesy . China have realy large history, but I am more interested in Japan. I think that Japan is more beautiful than China, but that is me Cheesy .

Japan has developed especially after the nagasaki incident. Japanese culture attracts me. In general, I am curious about far east countries. You all have an old history.

There are so many countries to visit and see in the world. Every country has its own history. I guess life is not enough to see it all Smiley

What make east Asia countries fascination is the thing that they was isolated from Europe for long time. History of those countries is so rich and so big that people spend quite some time learning it. But i my self is more interested in Japan, more than i China. China have richer history, but still i love Japan more Cheesy .
I also like Japan more than China. This is not only because China's ruling Communist party. Simply China is a large factory of the Western countries. In Japan fall on another planet. It's not like in the West.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 03:01:28 PM

Best way is to practice as much as you can. Better if you can go to homecountry of the language at least for a few months. And for vocabulary, there are good online applications like memrise. You can memorise many common words using those applications.
myway-he

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 04:01:15 PM

Best way is to practice as much as you can. Better if you can go to homecountry of the language at least for a few months. And for vocabulary, there are good online applications like memrise. You can memorise many common words using those applications.
For language learning you have to live in the country in which the language is used. I think that in order to freely talk will take a year. But honestly say that I have a friend who lives already 15 years in America and still not learned English.
wh04m1

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 12:57:53 AM

Well the best way is to practice as much as you can. For example when I was still young I mastered English by frequenting english sites and using it alot (accompanied with some studies). Right now I'm starting German from scratch using Duolingo, and it is quiet helpful! Of course you must study as much as possible. Other than that I've tried a few other apps and books. But now I'm gonna give Rosetta Stone a try (it seems good).

It is possible to learn up to a certain level with applications and books. You can learn the theoretical knowledge from such sources. But in order to learn a new language, you have to be in the environment where the language is spoken. It can help you watch movies about the language you want to learn. But the best way is to go to the country where that language is spoken.

Indeed. One should frequent the language's communities or anywhere it is spoken. Else he will have a tough time learning pronounciation, dialects and the such.

Yes, this is the fastest way to learn a language. And, you can see the video courses. There, too, you can hear the correct pronunciation of words

Video tutorials, educational books, special applications, all of which will be useful for language development. But with this kind of resources you will not make much progress after a certain place.
Because after you leave these resources, you will start talking in your own language again. In daily life you will do other work in your native language. This will also cause you to forget the language you want to learn.
nmalisa

Activity: 103
Merit: 1

If you need website, just ask for info..

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 03:04:21 PM

For language learning you have to live in the country in which the language is used. I think that in order to freely talk will take a year. But honestly say that I have a friend who lives already 15 years in America and still not learned English.

Practice , practice , and not having fear to make mistake ... 

ADS TEAM offers the service of designing and building Web sites  (https://adsteam.info/)
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 06:46:25 PM

Well the best way is to practice as much as you can. For example when I was still young I mastered English by frequenting english sites and using it alot (accompanied with some studies). Right now I'm starting German from scratch using Duolingo, and it is quiet helpful! Of course you must study as much as possible. Other than that I've tried a few other apps and books. But now I'm gonna give Rosetta Stone a try (it seems good).

It is possible to learn up to a certain level with applications and books. You can learn the theoretical knowledge from such sources. But in order to learn a new language, you have to be in the environment where the language is spoken. It can help you watch movies about the language you want to learn. But the best way is to go to the country where that language is spoken.

Indeed. One should frequent the language's communities or anywhere it is spoken. Else he will have a tough time learning pronounciation, dialects and the such.

Yes, this is the fastest way to learn a language. And, you can see the video courses. There, too, you can hear the correct pronunciation of words

Video tutorials, educational books, special applications, all of which will be useful for language development. But with this kind of resources you will not make much progress after a certain place.
Because after you leave these resources, you will start talking in your own language again. In daily life you will do other work in your native language. This will also cause you to forget the language you want to learn.
You are right about what you said. There is so many ways people can learn other languages, from all kind of sources. But i think that best way is to pay for professional teacher to teach you. But as you said, to master some language you need to use daily. If you master some language and you don't use it for some longer time, you will have hard time speaking it fluidly.
Oggy1987

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:25:46 PM

Im wondering what that friend does in life, maybe he live in the woods. With basic human intercourse, going to store, talking to cashier, going to work, football game, watching tv... You should be able to learn English in a year. I know dialect can be problem depending on where he come from, but still...
achow102

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:19:14 PM

You're right, attend the community and hear the sound of the language - is the fastest way to learn it. The main thing to show resilience and every day to learn something new
betudontbet

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 06:52:07 AM

Well I think most of people who actually don't speak english native we are billingual hehe that's really good for the community that billingual people are here.
chocobeem

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 09:24:25 AM

I join the academe for Learn Chines language it is difficulties for me beginning writing /speaking I practices to times  and watching movies . now I little speak /understand New Language.
moonlight

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 10:31:19 AM

The best way to learn a new language is by simply learning their basic, e.g alphabets, vowels, words and how to say it/speak etc  Huh
LibreMan (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 05:47:50 AM

If you speak English what other language do you want to learn and why, may I ask.

English is a widely spoken language in the world.
But chinese is used too much in language like spanish.
I want to learn chinese. I want to know about Chinese culture and history.

Chinese is good to learn for business, you can even get good salary job with it. It is hard to learn language like chinese, especially if you start from scratch. I recommend official schools, and it will take probably years until you master it.

Yes, learning Chinese is a bit more difficult than in other languages. Even people in different parts of China may not understand each other.
The alphabet they use is very different. Someone who is accustomed to Latin letters may find it difficult to learn Chinese letters.

But china is a very old civilization. I want to get to know this civilization more closely.

Yes you are right about chinese language and its difficult than other languages. And i dont want to speak about difference of parts of China and not understanding. I had work with Chinese people and all i learned is to say Hello Cheesy . China have realy large history, but I am more interested in Japan. I think that Japan is more beautiful than China, but that is me Cheesy .

Japan has developed especially after the nagasaki incident. Japanese culture attracts me. In general, I am curious about far east countries. You all have an old history.

There are so many countries to visit and see in the world. Every country has its own history. I guess life is not enough to see it all Smiley

What make east Asia countries fascination is the thing that they was isolated from Europe for long time. History of those countries is so rich and so big that people spend quite some time learning it. But i my self is more interested in Japan, more than i China. China have richer history, but still i love Japan more Cheesy .

Yes, Asian and Middle Eastern countries are very rich in cultural and historical aspects. It is possible to see the traces of different religions and races in these geographical regions. In fact, I am interested in cultural structures all the countries in the world. All of they have a way of life that is unique to self. When examined in terms of religion and ethnicity, they all have a distinct wealth.
kiddy123

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 06:13:42 AM

I often read some fun stories by new language . This helps me feel better, or maybe watch TV shows.
Follow some fan pages or groups to study more.
boomin

Activity: 133

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 01:23:03 PM

I am trying to speak English at medium level bcoz isn`t my native language.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 02:42:38 PM

Yes, Asian and Middle Eastern countries are very rich in cultural and historical aspects. It is possible to see the traces of different religions and races in these geographical regions. In fact, I am interested in cultural structures all the countries in the world. All of they have a way of life that is unique to self. When examined in terms of religion and ethnicity, they all have a distinct wealth.
I agree with you friend, there is so much difference in between countries and cultures that, i think it would take whole life of one person to learn about it. And i think that one lifetime would not be sufficient to learn everything there is to learn Cheesy . When i was a child, i wanted to become archaeologist, so much to learn from history and so little time for learning...
estherqing

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 04:59:41 AM

Yes, learning a new language is a good things. I will learn korea language after this during my free time.
startselect

Activity: 313

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 05:47:21 AM

It's interesting how you can't lose an accent if you learn a new language as an adult. The best way to learn is to expose yourself to the language. Like through TV.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 06:02:37 AM

Learning a new language is not easy. But if you truly need this you may use dictionaries like meriam Webster and oxford this kind of dictionaries is the best for me because many words are there even the difficult words,  meaning and example to make understanding easier. I think is this dictionary is English language only. If you need more language in google they  have translator but not all in translator is true the grammar there is not correct.
BigBall

Activity: 253

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 11:43:29 AM

I already know  Bosnian ,Slovenian,Serbian,Macedonia and many other languages in East Europe because that languages are really similar to my main language.I also know English really good but also I can easy learn German language which is funny for me because of Hitler.
BadhanRoy

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:54:39 AM

You have learned your mother tongue easily.. But  other languages ​​ very difficult .if you know some rules,you can lern easily such as.
    Connect with a native speaker. Hands down, the best way to learn a new language is to speak it. ...
    Study the language every day. ...
    Carry a dictionary at all times. ...
    Watch, listen, read and write in your chosen language. ...
    Visit a country where your chosen language is spoken.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: