Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:48:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make governments accept bitcoin?  (Read 28901 times)
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:57:36 PM

The Government usually just has people saying what the wrong and right things that they can do if there is a bunch of people doing whatever the subject of the matter is.
If there is a time where Bitcoin gets well known because of the large amounts of people trying to use the coin then I think that the Government will try to get in on Bitcoin and try to get some for themselves and have the other Governments get in on it too.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 06:05:10 PM

All you have to do is treat is others in need of government bitcoin. But offer  now is not yet finalize, governments is not yet decidedif they will accept bitcoin because of its anonymity.
michnelli6

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 06:50:06 PM

Well as of now based on my understanding bitcoin is not consider an illegal gaming site or trading sites etc so thre is no guarantee that i can give an exact answer when it regards to the topic but as far as i know until nobody is/are complaining about bitcoin it can be consider being accepted by the government.
Yes, I don’t think the government see Bitcoin as a threat. It is more of just a very impractical way of making payments for a nations economic system. Just because Bitcoin is a good way to store wealth and even make money trading, etc, doesn’t mean it is good on a country level. In my own opinion it is actually not good at all because of all the different quirks that make bitcoin what it is. I think the currency is best at the level it is at.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:32:47 PM

Well as of now based on my understanding bitcoin is not consider an illegal gaming site or trading sites etc so thre is no guarantee that i can give an exact answer when it regards to the topic but as far as i know until nobody is/are complaining about bitcoin it can be consider being accepted by the government.

Even I checked, some of the trollers only speak about bitcoin being used in illegal activities but there is no proof that its been used for these activities. I do not think bitcoin will be centralized money as the feature and potential have as of now. US trying to take control over bitcoin that's we are seeing many adoption on blockchain technology especially North american region.

Just because you don't see it happening, doesn't mean it's not happening. If I told you that there are tons of people getting beheaded every single day for no reason, would you believe me? I guess you'd ask where is my proof. But think about it. The world is so huge, almost everything that you can imagine is happening (except of course those that defies science). You might be living in a quite peaceful place but there are places that are totally not peaceful.

That's analogous to what you're trying to ask. "There is no proof." You don't know that illegal activities are happening with bitcoins as payment because you are at the wrong place. You are here in bitcointalk and illegal activities are prohibited here so you wouldn't see anything like that here. But simply go to reddit. There's a subreddit where you can buy drugs, which is totally illegal, using bitcoins.
So how exactly is Bitcoin responsible for all the crimes you are talking about? Have they just started with the emergence of Bitcoin or they are issues that have been here with us all the while? 

By and large, Bitcoin threatens a number of issues the governments hold dear, like the luxury of controlling people's money and the liberty of printing money from thin air. So tagging Bitcoin a bad name shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.
BitcoinHeroes

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:42:22 PM

governments create their currency by fiat. they effectively define the value of the currency by what they pay for things and what they will accept.they have the power to force its citizens to take their currency for its own debts and the debts of other citizens. the government maintains the power to manipulate the currency, which can help it through economic crises, though it comes with a price and must be used judiciously. governments certainly do not accept this for all these reasons.because it is against the structures.

Paid Piper

Activity: 329
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:59:56 PM

I dont think that there is a need for government to accept or support bitcoin. Bitcoin is a currency of individual. And the features of bitcoin of anonymity and decentralisation is a hurdle in government accepting it. But these make bitcoin what it is. I dont see a need of government accepting the bitcoin.

to me i think currently the government is not feeling the need to accept bitcoin but in future when the users of bitcoin will increase more and more then government will certainly feel the need to accept bitcoin as legal currency, and hope then they will even support bitcoin.
yes that is right that when the number of bitcoin users will increase then the government itself will fell the need to consider bitcoin as legal currency or they will create their own crypto currency, as online currency is the need of the day.
savioroshan

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:22:29 PM

Its not that easy to make government accept bitcoin. I agree bicoin has got so many advantages. But dont forget, there are disadvantages also.
Its main advantage is its main disadvantage. Its main advanage is its transactions are anonymous. But just imagine if it reaches in the hands of wrong people, it will become a threat to humanity itself. I think this is the reason why governments wont accept bitcoins as legal currency.And how we will explain this to government, if government put a question back to us about the same.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 10:13:21 PM

All you have to do is treat is others in need of government bitcoin. But offer  now is not yet finalize, governments is not yet decidedif they will accept bitcoin because of its anonymity.

Even with the anonymity,  governments can't deny the fact that bitcoin are helping the country's economy flourish.  With the bitcoin users using or earning bitcoin, even converting it to fiat will help the economy because they increase the money at the country's circulation. Adding also that many bitcoin user are there in their country will not make the government deny bitcoin.They will be accepting it.
Colt22

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:04:40 PM

Nothing. With or without any government approval or acceptance, bitcoin will continue to exist and function. To some, this is actually an advantage, uncontrolled and decentralized. I worry if a central government actually accepts it, then it will try to control it, which is actually opposite to bitcoin's nature.
Yes bitcoin will continue to exist and function without the government approval and it will grow all over the world and because of that the governments will be imposed to approve bitcoin for the use of it in their state for their state affairs and for other uses in the state.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:21:28 PM

Nothing. With or without any government approval or acceptance, bitcoin will continue to exist and function. To some, this is actually an advantage, uncontrolled and decentralized. I worry if a central government actually accepts it, then it will try to control it, which is actually opposite to bitcoin's nature.
Yes bitcoin will continue to exist and function without the government approval and it will grow all over the world and because of that the governments will be imposed to approve bitcoin for the use of it in their state for their state affairs and for other uses in the state.

I think that as governments begin to understand Bitcoin, they will be less afraid of it. Governments can still run their own currencies and Bitcoin can exist just like any business or commodity. It doesn't have to be a threat to them.
Salazarian

Activity: 440

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:23:41 PM

I have a question for you. How to make governments accept bitcoin and not see it as a threat? So that one could use bitcoin in daily use, such as paying taxes or grocery shopping. What is there, other than anonymity, thats making governments fear bitcoin and cryptocurrencies?
Governments mainly fear bitcoin for its anonymity.They think that illegal activities will be carried out more using bitcoins.But they all know that bitcoin couldnot be banned since internet could not be banned.So, one day or the other,they would start accepting bitcoins by regulating it just like China and Russia.
yes that can be the reason, but to me i think the only why through which we can compel government to accept bitcoin is that the number of bitcoin users increase more and more and through this way government will compel to take serious action about bitcoin.

choppork

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 08:38:34 AM

That statement is based on nothing. There's no assurance that bitcoin will continue to grow all around the world. We don't know what tomorrow brings. The government didn't release any announcement that they will approve bitcoin once it becomes mainstream so you're just speaking in behalf of yourself.

Since the government will not be able to collect tax when everyone is using bitcoins, it will be a bad thing on their side. Most countries become more and more developed because of the good amount of tax their government collect.

I still doubt that even bitcoin becoming the currency of everyone will ever happen. We can't do micro transactions in bitcoin and we need instant confirmations for transactions. Not 10-20 minutes waiting time.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
King Sastro

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 09:34:13 AM

I think the Government will be hard to accept bitcoin as payment of money which is legal because the State still uses the official currency, if using bitcoin then risky currency abandoned by the citizens.

PRIMEXCOIN
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:20:59 AM

I have a question for you. How to make governments accept bitcoin and not see it as a threat? So that one could use bitcoin in daily use, such as paying taxes or grocery shopping. What is there, other than anonymity, thats making governments fear bitcoin and cryptocurrencies?
Governments mainly fear bitcoin for its anonymity.They think that illegal activities will be carried out more using bitcoins.But they all know that bitcoin couldnot be banned since internet could not be banned.So, one day or the other,they would start accepting bitcoins by regulating it just like China and Russia.
yes that can be the reason, but to me i think the only why through which we can compel government to accept bitcoin is that the number of bitcoin users increases more and more and through this way government will compel to take serious action about bitcoin.
Yes if the bitcoin users increase all over the world and fiat currency transaction reduced means automatically the govt will take action on this bitcoin. till that the govt will don't care for this BTC transaction. In my country, i think less than 10% people know about bitcoin. In this situation how can we demand govt to accept Bitcoin as legal currency am I right?
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 11:20:47 AM

yes that can be the reason, but to me i think the only why through which we can compel government to accept bitcoin is that the number of bitcoin users increases more and more and through this way government will compel to take serious action about bitcoin.
Yes if the bitcoin users increase all over the world and fiat currency transaction reduced means automatically the govt will take action on this bitcoin. till that the govt will don't care for this BTC transaction. In my country, i think less than 10% people know about bitcoin. In this situation how can we demand govt to accept Bitcoin as legal currency am I right?
We just need more and more users of bitcoin and after that we can show to the government that bitcoin is a serious currency and they will notice it and they will start to discuss if they will accept bitcoin to their country and start using it just what like the Japan did on bitcoin they already accept it because they see future with it.
fancy_pants

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 11:29:16 AM

We just need more and more users of bitcoin and after that we can show to the government that bitcoin is a serious currency and they will notice it and they will start to discuss if they will accept bitcoin to their country and start using it just what like the Japan did on bitcoin they already accept it because they see future with it.

Whatever efforts you make but if the Government is corrupt then they will never support bitcoins and never entertain it as it will stop all their corrupted activities and they will never be interested in seeing that their national currency is replaced by digital currency.
DomainMagnate

Activity: 602

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 11:34:05 AM

In democracy, government must follow the decision of it's citizens.If we can get everyone to use bitcoin for our daily transactions,Government will eventually accept it as a mode of money tranfer.
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 11:39:51 AM

Whatever efforts you make but if the Government is corrupt then they will never support bitcoins and never entertain it as it will stop all their corrupted activities and they will never be interested in seeing that their national currency is replaced by digital currency.

What you said is the true fact of the current situation of every country, the government wants to control the economy of the country so they wont allow bitcoin to flourish in their country as they cannot control bitcoin and its transactions.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:24:14 PM

I think that as governments begin to understand Bitcoin, they will be less afraid of it. Governments can still run their own currencies and Bitcoin can exist just like any business or commodity. It doesn't have to be a threat to them.
I dont think the government is lacking in knowledge and understand of how Bitcoin works, on the contrary, they know too well that giving an express approval to Bitcoin is their doom. Not only will they lose their tool for controlling and manipulating people, they will also lose relevance. I will be surprise to see the governments openly supporting Bitcoin.
paul gatt

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:29:54 PM

I dont think the government is lacking in knowledge and understand of how Bitcoin works, on the contrary, they know too well that giving an express approval to Bitcoin is their doom. Not only will they lose their tool for controlling and manipulating people, they will also lose relevance. I will be surprise to see the governments openly supporting Bitcoin.

You are wrong, the government really knows bitcoin well, they know all the information about it. That is the reason at wrong the government can run their country. Bitcoin is currently in freelance camp, this is perfectly fine for everyone. Bitcoins need not be accepted by the government but it works well. And even if the government accepts bitcoin, that means we have to pay a tax on it, which is not good while we pay the transaction fee, and pay taxes on the government. Really difficult.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: