Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:10:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make governments accept bitcoin?  (Read 28907 times)
Jewell

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 08:22:03 PM

To make bitcoin accepted by the governments. It will need a lot of proof for the government that bitcoin is a really good currency because the government is not that fast accepting type of organization, they investigate and observe it a lot before they accept it because they want to make sure that the currency is a good for the future when they start to use it.
to me i think government do not need for any kind of proof from the government.i think government can get any kind of information about bitcoin. to i think if the users of bitcoin will increase more and more then through this way we can make the government to accept bitcoin as legal currency, i think the government will already be thinking about the importance of bitcoin.
bestluck

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:15:06 PM

The Government wants a bunch of people only using their Currency so I am pretty sure that they won't be accepting Bitcoin anytime soon. Since Bitcoin is getting really famous there is a bunch of people trying to get in on the whole Bitcoin action and they are kind of starting to realize that the can transfer more money if they hold onto their coins.
The Government might have to begin integrating Bitcoin into their systems if there is a bunch of people trying to use it.
I think the government want to take the control on the payment system of bitcoin like on its transactions as they want to know that how much money entered in the country and how much money transferred out from the country. While if the demand of bitcoin increased too much then I am sure the government will be imposed to adopt bitcoin.
stevano

Activity: 423
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 01:15:12 AM

What is there, other than anonymity, thats making governments fear bitcoin and cryptocurrencies?
Anonymity is the biggest hurdle for bitcoin to get accepted by governments/banks because they can't implement taxation as well as they can't track source of bitcoin. However anonymity is also the main feature due to which many users love to store in bitcoin and use it whenever they like.

Governments/banks may never accept direct bitcoin payments, but they may implement strict rules/regulation and high fees on local bitcoin trading platform. And as recent coinbase and PBOC investigation have shown that governments are now looking to get detail about every bitcoin traders who are actively trading bitcoin so that they can put tax on their earnings as well as limit money laundering.

I think this is a very good point, but also being the fact that governments can't control bitcoin. Bitcoin network is out of their reach. They cant freeze funds, ban accounts. Doing something that would allow government to track funds and handle taxation, would pretty much destroy bitcoin, since it woulf defeat it's purpose as a decentralized and anonymous currency, what I consider perfect currency. Simply because it stops government from controlling everything and spying on anyone they want, make it better than fiat in the eyes of many users.

There may be other ways to be accepted by the government without having to die the main purpose of bitcoin, let's just look at the countries that already accept bitcoin as digital currency, that they make the rules like what, I hope countries that have not received bitcoin can imitate and develop the rules accordingly With rules that exist in their country.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 01:16:35 AM

If you want those governments to accept bitcoin then we should help them to understand what is bitcoin by having a good explanation to the authorities of bitcoin like a proposal to tell them the good benefits of using bitcoin and the possibility for a change for the financial system if we they will accept and use bitcoin as their investment or another type of currency.

I think it is the government's job to do those things. They are the one who should study Bitcoin and it is not our job to educate them. They are the one who should be educating their citizens. And I think that they are doing that right now. They are already conducting research about Bitcoin because it is the talk of the town on the financial market.
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:23:54 AM

If you want those governments to accept bitcoin then we should help them to understand what is bitcoin by having a good explanation to the authorities of bitcoin like a proposal to tell them the good benefits of using bitcoin and the possibility for a change for the financial system if we they will accept and use bitcoin as their investment or another type of currency.

I think it is the government's job to do those things. They are the one who should study Bitcoin and it is not our job to educate them. They are the one who should be educating their citizens. And I think that they are doing that right now. They are already conducting research about Bitcoin because it is the talk of the town on the financial market.
I feel that the government also sometimes uses bitcoin as a transaction tool. Bitcoin is a very impressive technology. Unfortunately if they do not use it for political purposes. Well, but i just feel that it is used.  Grin I think in the future it will happen.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:42:01 AM

yes you are right that if the government want to make them understand about bitcoin we should help them that what is bitcoin, what are its benefits and how it will bring some positive changes in the economy of the country. But i think the governments are always independent in their all works and they will not want that people interfere in their work, if they want to study about bitcoin they will study it without our suggestion or opinion.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 11:32:49 AM

yes you are right that if the government want to make them understand about bitcoin we should help them that what is bitcoin, what are its benefits and how it will bring some positive changes in the economy of the country. But i think the governments are always independent in their all works and they will not want that people interfere in their work, if they want to study about bitcoin they will study it without our suggestion or opinion.
Good government still depend to the majority and most of the countries now are democratic and that means freedom, you can do all what you want as long as it doesn't disobey the law of your country and having a suggestion for the government will be appreciated because nothing can get better for being a good helper for improving its own country so i think it will be easy for the government to accept bitcoin if they fully understand it.
KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 01:03:36 PM

I have a question for you. How to make governments accept bitcoin and not see it as a threat? So that one could use bitcoin in daily use, such as paying taxes or grocery shopping. What is there, other than anonymity, thats making governments fear bitcoin and cryptocurrencies?
First of all, The government must aware to what is bitcoin, what bitcoin can do, why bitcoin is using as a payment of money , what is use of the bitcoin, and to know them that the bitcoin is really important. This must be the way that the government can accept the bitcoin and be part of our daily lives.
yolanda222
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1013

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 02:13:14 PM

The Government wants a bunch of people only using their Currency so I am pretty sure that they won't be accepting Bitcoin anytime soon. Since Bitcoin is getting really famous there is a bunch of people trying to get in on the whole Bitcoin action and they are kind of starting to realize that the can transfer more money if they hold onto their coins.
The Government might have to begin integrating Bitcoin into their systems if there is a bunch of people trying to use it.

Indeed the government forbids the use of bitcoin ,Because bitcoin is not a legal or illegal currency,But one day I'm sure the government will allow the use of bitcoin.
Yes indeed more and more bitcoin users in all countries,With so many bitcoin users, I'm sure the government realized that bitcoin is profitable.

Wesimon

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

https://gexcrypto.io

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 06:15:44 PM

I have a question for you. How to make governments accept bitcoin and not see it as a threat? So that one could use bitcoin in daily use, such as paying taxes or grocery shopping. What is there, other than anonymity, thats making governments fear bitcoin and cryptocurrencies?
First of all, The government must aware to what is bitcoin, what bitcoin can do, why bitcoin is using as a payment of money , what is use of the bitcoin, and to know them that the bitcoin is really important. This must be the way that the government can accept the bitcoin and be part of our daily lives.

The government is completely aware of what bitcoin is that's why some countries decided to ban bitcoin and some country completely accepts bitcoin as a mode of payment. Being aware is a fundamental necessity for it but there are some other factors that should be considered before engaging in bitcoin. There are economy experts in all country that will help the government to decide whether to accept bitcoin or not. The impact in the economy is the first concern of any government before deciding in accepting bitcoin because if they decided to accept bitcoin and their economy falls due to that, it will be catastrophic.

███
     ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀
  ▄█████████▄
 ███▀     ▀███▄
███         ███
███         ███
 ███▄     ▄████
  ▀████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀  ███
            ███
███▄       ▄███
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀█████▀▀
gexcrypto
E X C R Y P T O

Global Trading Corp.
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
YOUR COMPREHENSIVE CRYPTO TRADING PLATFORM
|       WHITEPAPER       |       FACEBOOK       |       TWITTER       |       ANN THREAD       |
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:44:14 PM

it will be hard for goverment to accept bitcoin goverment use fiat because they can get taxes
they dont support bitcoin because there are no benefits bitcoin taxes go to miners
Thats true, maybe if the government can benefit like a tax for bitcoin users, maybe the government might consider the legalization of bitcoin

An government making legalized usage of bitcoin is not that simple, they need to consider lot many things to make it function in a perfect manner. There is nothing good if it's been adopted for name sake. For this reason governments take their own time and make necessary changes based on the goodness.
Governments don’t do changes based on the good for society, they only care about themselves, so if they think they can benefit with bitcoin then bitcoin is going to get approved but if they think bitcoin is bad for them then they are going to eventually ban it.
moonya

Activity: 263

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 06:01:50 PM

it will be hard for goverment to accept bitcoin goverment use fiat because they can get taxes
they dont support bitcoin because there are no benefits bitcoin taxes go to miners
Thats true, maybe if the government can benefit like a tax for bitcoin users, maybe the government might consider the legalization of bitcoin

An government making legalized usage of bitcoin is not that simple, they need to consider lot many things to make it function in a perfect manner. There is nothing good if it's been adopted for name sake. For this reason governments take their own time and make necessary changes based on the goodness.
Governments don’t do changes based on the good for society, they only care about themselves, so if they think they can benefit with bitcoin then bitcoin is going to get approved but if they think bitcoin is bad for them then they are going to eventually ban it.

Yes, the government will only do what is beneficial for them and if it can benefit from bitcoin, it will accept it.
vasrasus

Activity: 946

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:00:58 AM

Yes, the government will only do what is beneficial for them and if it can benefit from bitcoin, it will accept it.

When finds a way to put tax on it then they will surely approved bitcoin. When they already see that investors were benefit alot from it  for sure bitcoin will be accepted by the government.

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:58:20 AM

When finds a way to put tax on it then they will surely approved bitcoin. When they already see that investors were benefit alot from it  for sure bitcoin will be accepted by the government.
They are already taxable in government's law, anything what you earn is taxable by law no matter what kind of currency you are earning to it. The only problem is some earnings through Bitcoin is hard to be screened or double checked by the tax auditors because of its security features making the owner of the Bitcoin have unrealized earnings. People who evade taxes make unjust riches to themselves which can destroy a country's economy that is what the government is trying to avoid. If Bitcoin is just a regulated currency it would be easy for them to look at the earnings of people through Bitcoin.
Rasel5209

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:34:30 AM

i also intereste to know about this.

DEXSPORT
▄█████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
███████████▀▀  ██████████
████████▀     ████████████
███████      ▀▀███████████
████████▄▄       █████████
██████████▀    ▄██████████
█████████▀  ▄▄███████████
█████████▄▄█████████████
██████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀▀
First Web3...............
Betting Platform!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Sports
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
🎲
Games
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██████
    ███
  ██
  ██
██
██
██
██
  ██
  ██
    ███
      ██████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Play now
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████
███████
████
████
██
██
██
██
████
████
███████
████████████
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 05:02:37 AM

That government has not accepted bitcoin may not mean they fear it.
if government comes into control of it, it will definitely be permitted just that the time has not yet come.
to make government accept bitcoin we have to keep using it until it is noticeable on the tip of their noses.
Wandering Soul~

Activity: 406

Wolf

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 06:32:12 AM

They are already taxable in government's law, anything what you earn is taxable by law no matter what kind of currency you are earning to it. The only problem is some earnings through Bitcoin is hard to be screened or double checked by the tax auditors because of its security features making the owner of the Bitcoin have unrealized earnings. People who evade taxes make unjust riches to themselves which can destroy a country's economy that is what the government is trying to avoid. If Bitcoin is just a regulated currency it would be easy for them to look at the earnings of people through Bitcoin.
Most of them are just taxing bitcoin exchanges, They can't tax every bitcoin transaction because it is pseudonymous . From this the governments fear that bitcoin can be used to do illegal activities like money laundering .

I think it's not just regulating that they want but also controlling, There is no one who control bitcoin, no one can be held responsible f nothing happens and most importantly governments fixes some financial issue by controlling their currency, Unfortunately it can't be done with bitcoin .

Let's just wait for a few more years and see what happens .

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:11:07 AM

The government will only accept bitcoin if decentralization will change into centralization. Because, as long as bitcoin is decentralized it will never happen that the government of each country to control it and they haven't get any profit in it.
KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:44:34 AM

The government must be aware about the bitcoins to accept it but not in daily transaction. That is very impossible to change the cash and use bitcoin for our daily lives. We can't easily adapt the changes if the bitcoin become our daily use.
minion1000

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 08:10:01 AM

The population controls the money so if we the people stop using gov issued currencies and just trade goat for sheep or milk for gas what could they do but watch the dollar lose value and shrivel away, same thing with bitcoin, if we use this instead of that , or Wal-Mart instead of kmart, what do you see, less kmarts and more walmarts, it's pretty cut and dry.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: