Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:27:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Doubloons[BOAT]⚓⚓PoW/PoS⚓⚓HMQ1725⚓⚓NEW SITE!!⚓CPU Pillaging!!⚓YAARR!!⚓  (Read 117582 times)
paramind22

Activity: 2618
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 03:41:36 PM

Is there any working blockchain explorer for this project?

https://www.coinexplorer.net/BOAT/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
prowe

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 04:11:49 PM

Its very simple my friend, the new dev can hard fork and do a coin swap which will leave the original dev holding a worthless bag if the new coin does do well. Exchanges now days support coin swaps and I know that both CE and TradeSatoshi both do the coin swaps on their exchanges if it ever comes to this here. So there is a way around the original dev holding a bag full.
Hi Vella,

I'm pretty sure the original dev 'OBAViJEST' doesn't hold bags anymore, it was the same with the other currency 'rain' in the past, so for me the 'worthless bag argument' is not a valuable argument.
A swap would only fill bags for the people who implement the swap.

And I've been holding several currencies during swaps. 9 of 10 times the results were terrible and I don't even believe the intentions were good.

I still believe in the power of BOAT and I hold a fair amount ever since. In the upcoming months I have quite a lot of free time and I am willing to put effort in the proposed maritime concept.
I believe there is support to boost the transition. Compiling updated wallets and delivering git repositories is a priority.

Cryptocurrency Safe Trade Coin - Future Freelancer Platform Gronzo
kiddo

Activity: 546
Merit: 137

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 01:13:26 PM

Its very simple my friend, the new dev can hard fork and do a coin swap which will leave the original dev holding a worthless bag if the new coin does do well. Exchanges now days support coin swaps and I know that both CE and TradeSatoshi both do the coin swaps on their exchanges if it ever comes to this here. So there is a way around the original dev holding a bag full.
Hi Vella,

I'm pretty sure the original dev 'OBAViJEST' doesn't hold bags anymore, it was the same with the other currency 'rain' in the past, so for me the 'worthless bag argument' is not a valuable argument.

And I've been holding several currencies during swaps. 9 of 10 times the results were terrible and I don't even believe the intentions were good.

I still believe in the power of BOAT and I hold a fair amount ever since. In the upcoming months I have quite a lot of free time and I am willing to put effort in the proposed maritime concept.
I believe there is support to boost the transition. Compiling updated wallets and delivering git repositories is a priority.

If for you is not a valuable argument, can you prove OBAViJEST doesn't hold any bags anymore? And if this is true who holds them now?
paramind22

Activity: 2618
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 02:17:33 PM

Hi, like your project.
are you interested in investitions yet?
can help you with it. PM me pls

This person did this on several threads.  I contacted them but have heard nothing back.

prowe

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 10:04:23 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2018, 03:29:43 PM by prowe

Hi Vella,

If for you is not a valuable argument, can you prove OBAViJEST doesn't hold any bags anymore? And if this is true who holds them now?

Well I'll first answer your second question. Like with every digital currency, owners are able to stay anonymous, that is something I respect.
Within the rich list of BOAT's block explorer you are able to see that several large holders still staked in the last month or couple of months.
And others are just keeping their wallets intact. And some of them might even be frozen till eternity.
That is also something you see with all currencies, for several reasons, you are probably able to consider which.

I don't know if you have been very active within the exchanges which traded BOAT (Doubloon) in the past, especially Nova- and Coin Exchange.
During the peaks there were several selling opportunities.

The original creator of BOAT wasn't able to enter Nova Exchange & Coin Exchange for free (that costed him a huge part of his pre-mine) and I analyzed his behaviour related to coin creation services pretty well.
Presumably,  if he had an opportunity to take money, he would have and he obviously did. In the meanwhile he is probably part of other projects.
And with RAIN it was the same. His constructive intentions were limited if it came to connecting a currency with the real world, giving it a true user purpose.

The pre-mine was 15 million pieces and the majority BOAT has been mined, created by POW (around 52-53 million BOAT), so that is the largest portion and a relatively small portion by POS.

prowe

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 10:18:29 AM

I've quit my regular job to focus on crypto, a friend of mine is already translating newly made content to Korean.
BOAT will get a new fruitful chapter for sure with constructive intentions.  Cool

almonk

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 05:37:24 AM

You guys could just hire some devs to do specific tasks for the coin. Try to put some donations together to fund such development.
gawlea

Activity: 756
Merit: 579

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 01:22:05 PM

You guys could just hire some devs to do specific tasks for the coin. Try to put some donations together to fund such development.

I agree, but as I have seen around this space, few are the ones who donate for something, furthermore to resurrect a dead project. The idea is good because you won't find any devs to work for free unless they hold some good chunks of the coin supply or they buy it very cheap and develop it to grow their bag value. Core devs are even harder to find.

But don't worry as you may noted there are people willing to help the project in their free time like @prowe, @vella85 (even he is more quiet thank usual in here) maybe others will join this movement and make BOAT project a successful one. Anyone can join and give a hand, even you.
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2018, 09:37:34 PM

I agree, but as I have seen around this space, few are the ones who donate for something, furthermore to resurrect a dead project. The idea is good because you won't find any devs to work for free unless they hold some good chunks of the coin supply or they buy it very cheap and develop it to grow their bag value. Core devs are even harder to find.

But don't worry as you may noted there are people willing to help the project in their free time like @prowe, @vella85 (even he is more quiet thank usual in here) maybe others will join this movement and make BOAT project a successful one. Anyone can join and give a hand, even you.

I'm still around my friend, just not as active in here as I am a little down as I couldn't get any dev to help out on Boat. Like I mentioned I did chat with a couple of devs I know but none were interested in helping out as they are busy with their own projects. I'm still here and staking when I can and I'm yet to sell any Boat in the hopes that a dev would come and pick this one up. Time will tell.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
gawlea

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 07:57:54 AM

I'm still around my friend, just not as active in here as I am a little down as I couldn't get any dev to help out on Boat. Like I mentioned I did chat with a couple of devs I know but none were interested in helping out as they are busy with their own projects. I'm still here and staking when I can and I'm yet to sell any Boat in the hopes that a dev would come and pick this one up. Time will tell.

I knew you are still around but more silent than usual on this thread.

Well if we take a look at the big BOAT picture, for now all we need is someone as Team Manager to build up a team for the project, starting with a community manager, marketing manager and later you can focus on finding a core dev or more, for future upgrades and feature additions. Why I am saying this? Because, if the wallet is working, the staking is working, the tx are working there is no need to work on the code, unless you need to add some new features or change the existing ones. All that BOAT needs right now is new people in, awareness, and this can be achieved with some little marketing (Twitter, Facebook, Telegram, Reddit, Medium) and maybe some bounty campaigns. Just my 2 cents!

Cheers, G
vella85

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 09:22:10 PM

Well if we take a look at the big BOAT picture, for now all we need is someone as Team Manager to build up a team for the project, starting with a community manager, marketing manager and later you can focus on finding a core dev or more, for future upgrades and feature additions. Why I am saying this? Because, if the wallet is working, the staking is working, the tx are working there is no need to work on the code, unless you need to add some new features or change the existing ones. All that BOAT needs right now is new people in, awareness, and this can be achieved with some little marketing (Twitter, Facebook, Telegram, Reddit, Medium) and maybe some bounty campaigns. Just my 2 cents!

Cheers, G

I totally agree with you my friend, Boat has everything it needs right now except marketing, managers and a core dev team working on developments. When it comes to marketing I can help as I know a lot of people that can also help with this but with the other suggestions like a team manager, I don't know anyone that would be interested. We also have a discord server which has a community but its not active, if we can get the discord active then that can help get people interested in Boat again. I also think that Boat needs some goals like what will Boat have to offer? the only thing going for it right now is the 5% APR which isn't much to offer. Maybe we can all get together on the discord to discuss this further? 

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
gawlea

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 02:10:12 PM
Merited by vella85 (1)

Cheers, G

I totally agree with you my friend, Boat has everything it needs right now except marketing, managers and a core dev team working on developments. When it comes to marketing I can help as I know a lot of people that can also help with this but with the other suggestions like a team manager, I don't know anyone that would be interested. We also have a discord server which has a community but its not active, if we can get the discord active then that can help get people interested in Boat again. I also think that Boat needs some goals like what will Boat have to offer? the only thing going for it right now is the 5% APR which isn't much to offer. Maybe we can all get together on the discord to discuss this further?  

A team manager is the one who brings in the strategy and tell the team members what they should do. I think you fit perfectly for this job.

As about the Discord activity, well.. you can put a trusted community member in Marketing position and run a discord activity giveaway, like a "post once a day and get some free coins" maybe you can set up a bot for tipping and raining coins over Discord. You can find a tip bot and how to set it up in over the internet. Just google it.

Cheers, G!
vella85

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2018, 09:43:12 PM
Merited by gawlea (1)

Cheers, G

A team manager is the one who brings in the strategy and tell the team members what they should do. I think you fit perfectly for this job.

As about the Discord activity, well.. you can put a trusted community member in Marketing position and run a discord activity giveaway, like a "post once a day and get some free coins" maybe you can set up a bot for tipping and raining coins over Discord. You can find a tip bot and how to set it up in over the internet. Just google it.

Cheers, G!

I'm actually looking into all this as we speak however I'm not the owner of the current Boat discord server. I can help out with marketing like I mentioned and yes I can even do giveaways etc... to bring more people into the Boat discord as I know a few guys who can also help with this. I just think we need a dev though as people want to see what the project has planned for the future. I know one other guy who might be able to help with this so leave it with me and I'll see how it goes.

vella85

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 09:50:55 PM

Now I don't want to get anyone's hopes up but I did chat with the dev I know and right now he is busy working on another project that was dead thanks to the dev leaving. However he is going to ask someone he knows that might be interested in taking over boat and bringing it back to life. I'll keep everyone posted once I get some news on this which I hope to be real soon.

gawlea

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 11:28:25 AM

Now I don't want to get anyone's hopes up but I did chat with the dev I know and right now he is busy working on another project that was dead thanks to the dev leaving. However he is going to ask someone he knows that might be interested in taking over boat and bringing it back to life. I'll keep everyone posted once I get some news on this which I hope to be real soon.

This is awesome news for all the people involved. Thanks for the heads-up!
vella85

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2018, 10:05:30 PM
Merited by gawlea (1)

You're welcome my friend, if this one doesn't go through I got another dev that could be interested. The only problem I seem to be facing right now is that the Boat community is not active which is a negative on the devs I'm talking too. I have put to them that Boat does have some positives like being listed on 2 exchanges TradeSatoshi and Coinexchange, we have a working wallet with 30+ active connections, listed on CMC, a working explorer and that the chain is almost 2 years old. I also believe we still have the community, its just that most ain't active here anymore and maybe if they see that a dev has taken over the project that they will become active again. I know one thing for sure and that is I'm not giving up on finding someone to take over Boat.

gawlea

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 11:48:18 AM

You're welcome my friend, if this one doesn't go through I got another dev that could be interested. The only problem I seem to be facing right now is that the Boat community is not active which is a negative on the devs I'm talking too. I have put to them that Boat does have some positives like being listed on 2 exchanges TradeSatoshi and Coinexchange, we have a working wallet with 30+ active connections, listed on CMC, a working explorer and that the chain is almost 2 years old. I also believe we still have the community, its just that most ain't active here anymore and maybe if they see that a dev has taken over the project that they will become active again. I know one thing for sure and that is I'm not giving up on finding someone to take over Boat.

Another good news from you, awesome!

As for the community I suggest a Bounty campaign - Twitter, Facebook, maybe a sig campaign, Discord, Telegram, this will mobilize people and also will bring more new one on board.
vella85

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 09:22:54 PM

So no one answered unequivocally, about the coins for the crimson wallet ... is there anyone responsible for these questions?

Hmm, I'm not sure what you are talking about, what is a crimson wallet as I have never heard of this before and certainly never heard of Boat having such a wallet.

On another note, I'm yet to hear back from the two guys I have spoken to about taking over Boat but it is the Holiday season so I'll ask them again in the new year.

Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 08:10:38 AM

Hmm, I'm not sure what you are talking about, what is a crimson wallet as I have never heard of this before and certainly never heard of Boat having such a wallet.

On another note, I'm yet to hear back from the two guys I have spoken to about taking over Boat but it is the Holiday season so I'll ask them again in the new year.

I meant the Rapsberry Pi3 wallet.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1776066.msg46453583#msg46453583

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

tirthraj
Copper Member

Activity: 447
Merit: 2

www.bitcoinformula.in | BTC Script

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2018, 10:39:40 AM

why its just 11 , where it supposed to be 100+. As we can see that max supply is  500,000,000 BOAT.  as per Coin market record .
can any one tell me its staking online pool and %  of stake?

Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: