Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:33:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is bitcoin worth? Welcome to discuss  (Read 12963 times)
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 03:31:10 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2017, 01:49:14 AM by andrei56

Investors and nonprofessional people have different thinking about bitcoin. But in my thinking now bitcoin is still worth-able and its price groow above $1000. So we have no argue to discuss about bitcoin price value. In my eyes, bitcoin already achieved a successful place and now it is depend on ourself how we gain and make profit from bitcoin.    
Succesfull for a currency in my perspective is not determined on how much the coin's value is, but how's its coverage and usage in this world. It's no use if there's some altcoins which have overwhelming value but only be used among communities which coverage is low. It's ain't real currency but more likely a valuable digital properties.
This, if no one uses a currency and if it is not accepted everywhere then the currency is not useful, that applies to fiat currencies and that applies to crypto currencies as well so I don't care too much about the price of bitcoin instead I care if I can use it in my everyday live.
boyptc

Activity: 3052
Merit: 681

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 04:24:20 AM

Someone has said bitcoin is of no value, in my heart I think they said is wrong, I always think that bitcoin is valuable, but I didn't understand what is the origin of the value of bitcoin, why accept more people, its value will rise? If you have other ideas, please discuss.
Yes exactly bitcoin price or value will rise you know why because bitcoin launch year 2009 the value of bitcoin that time is 1$. As you can see bitcoin now is 1000$+ so bitcoin is so worth it. If you buy bitcoin in that year i think now you are rich.

Those people that are saying that bitcoin has no value, show them what's the price of bitcoin now and ask them if bitcoin still doesn't have value. Maybe they aren't interested with value or doesn't have any plans to have this good type of investment and crypto currency. It's very worth to use and invest as you can the price is getting up again.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
alucard23

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 04:56:58 AM

I would agree that speculators have a big part to play in this, since they bring liquidity to the market. But obviously this is not the decisive factor for Bitcoin's value. I would say scarcity, utility and decentralization are the things that make Bitcoin valuable and different from anything else.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 05:30:26 AM

Someone has said bitcoin is of no value, in my heart I think they said is wrong, I always think that bitcoin is valuable, but I didn't understand what is the origin of the value of bitcoin, why accept more people, its value will rise? If you have other ideas, please discuss.
Yes exactly bitcoin price or value will rise you know why because bitcoin launch year 2009 the value of bitcoin that time is 1$. As you can see bitcoin now is 1000$+ so bitcoin is so worth it. If you buy bitcoin in that year i think now you are rich.

Those people that are saying that bitcoin has no value, show them what's the price of bitcoin now and ask them if bitcoin still doesn't have value. Maybe they aren't interested with value or doesn't have any plans to have this good type of investment and crypto currency. It's very worth to use and invest as you can the price is getting up again.

Yeah, but there's more to bitcoin than just its price right now.

The future of bitcoin is bright. I can see bitcoin climbing great heights.

Paypal charges ridiculous fees for sending money whether domestic or international. Bitcoin does not, even when the transaction fees from the bitcoin miners seem to be going up by the second.

If we can stop the infighting once and for all, then bitcoin will be great.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 07:36:33 AM

Some says bitcoin not worth it to learn, to risks for money but I think they said its not worth because they are not ready to learn and not ready to earn in this kind of digital currency. However, bitcoin really worth my effort, my dedication to spend time becasue through this I earned money well.

Maybe those people that are saying that bitcoin isn't worth to learn are the ones that has a bad experience with bitcoin.

Maybe they knew bitcoin already and tried to invest into but they invested into a wrong site which is a ponzi scheme and ended up scammed.

But for me, bitcoin is a real deal and it's very worth it to all of us. If you are unemployed you can have a lot of opportunities in it.

It will just depend on how hard working you are.

Probably they are cynical enough and think that Bitcoin is one big Ponzi scheme (though it is not) because of the scenario where people took profit from the incoming investors and sell their coins higher than what they bought it.  Another thing is that these people rely on the decision of their country so more probably their country does not recognize Bitcoin and so they follow it

And how Bitcoin is not?

It may not be a Ponzi scheme, strictly speaking, but rather a pyramid scheme where, as you correctly noticed, the early adopters get profits from the incoming investors and sell their assets at higher prices than what they bought it for (and the latter try to do the same if the price rises). It is essentially the same with any purely financial asset (i.e. a zero-sum game). If you want to challenge that point, no problem with that, but please come up with valid objections, for example, how much Bitcoin is used for real trade (i.e. as a means of payment) which would make it somewhat different form a purely speculative asset

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 08:47:00 AM

I ask you a question, why does gold have value? Because over time it was socially accepted that gold for n reasons had some value and when it is traded at a price that the seller wants to sell and the buyer wants to buy it is there its value. Bitcoin has this value because people believe it has value, simply that. If everyone thinks equal to who told you that he has no value, he really will not have it.
Yes,just like gold has value based on the customer demand and price they are ready to pay for it,similarly bitcoin has its value based on investors support.Greater the demand and lesser the supply,it results in increase in price.
Yes that is correct we need a lot of demand to make the bitcoin price high because that is the only key for making the price climb up to the moon. Bitcoin is the digital gold version and it proves a lot of things that it makes bitcoin very valuable like it is volatile and commonly price increasing every year and that is what is good for investor and that is why it attracts a lot of people to invest.
Rostadom

Activity: 713

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 05:58:12 PM

Investors and nonprofessional people have different thinking about bitcoin. But in my thinking now bitcoin is still worth-able and its price groow above $1000. So we have no argue to discuss about bitcoin price value. In my eyes, bitcoin already achieved a successful place and now it is depend on ourself how we gain and make profit from bitcoin.   
Succesfull for a currency in my perspective is not determined on how much the coin's value is, but how's its coverage and usage in this world. It's no use if there's some altcoins which have overwhelming value but only be used among communities which coverage is low. It's ain't real currency but more likely a valuable digital properties.
This, if no one uses a currency and if it is not accepted everywhere then the currency is not useful, that applies to fiat currencies and that applies to crypto currencies as well so I don't care too much a bout the price of bitcoin instead I care if I can use it in my everyday live.

Then all currencies must be not useful then. Never have I seen a currency that's accepted everywhere, even dollars. People say that dollars is accepted everywhere but it is not. Try going abroad which isn't an English speaking country and most places will not accept your precious USD especially if the store is away from the city.

Bitcoin *can* become a currency that's accepted everywhere but we are far from that. So bitcoin might be not useful then according to your statement. Roll Eyes

A currency only becomes useless when it doesn't have value anymore. Let's say your government announced that they are abandoning all the currencies that they have issued or your currency has inflated a lot. Your currency will still be accepted but it will have very little value that it has become useless.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 06:37:46 PM

This, if no one uses a currency and if it is not accepted everywhere then the currency is not useful, that applies to fiat currencies and that applies to crypto currencies as well so I don't care too much a bout the price of bitcoin instead I care if I can use it in my everyday live.

Then all currencies must be not useful then. Never have I seen a currency that's accepted everywhere, even dollars. People say that dollars is accepted everywhere but it is not. Try going abroad which isn't an English speaking country and most places will not accept your precious USD especially if the store is away from the city.

Bitcoin *can* become a currency that's accepted everywhere but we are far from that. So bitcoin might be not useful then according to your statement. Roll Eyes

A currency only becomes useless when it doesn't have value anymore. Let's say your government announced that they are abandoning all the currencies that they have issued or your currency has inflated a lot. Your currency will still be accepted but it will have very little value that it has become useless

I suspect the previous poster meant everywhere across the country, not around the world

Basically, this is a matter of degree rather than one of kind. We could say that some currencies are more widely used than others, some less, while some (like the famous Zimbabwean dollar) get totally abandoned in the end. On the other hand, the US dollar in its digital form is accepted almost anywhere (and Bitcoin comes pretty close to that), i.e. in any country you won't have any particular difficulties to exchange it for a local currency. But this is not true in respect to other fiat currencies

boyptc

Activity: 3052
Merit: 681

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:27:44 AM

Yeah, but there's more to bitcoin than just its price right now.

The future of bitcoin is bright. I can see bitcoin climbing great heights.

Paypal charges ridiculous fees for sending money whether domestic or international. Bitcoin does not, even when the transaction fees from the bitcoin miners seem to be going up by the second.

If we can stop the infighting once and for all, then bitcoin will be great.

Yes, the miners fee for each transaction in bitcoin is just a very small amount. And there are a lot of potential customers from PayPal that starts to irate from their fees and wants to find some other ways of sending and receiving money. Bitcoin will be the best way of it and the transactions seems to be fast depending on your fee.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 01:51:13 AM

Those that say bitcoin has no value, probably don’t know anything about bitcoin, those are the kind of persons that I dislike the most, the ones with very strong opinions but without any information about the subject at hand and the worst thing is that most of the time they think they are correct even if you show them evidence of the contrary.
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 01:58:50 AM

Maybe that someone wanted to say bitcoin is priceless but ended up with saying no value as he might not know what is BTC really is. Bitcoin is virtual currency and is the only one which has captured market very quickly and is being used by millions of people everyday. It is worth because it has great qualities such as it's top most loved decentralisation concept, then comes fastest and secured way of transaction. In addition to this it is anonymous and you don't have disclose your private documents really. These qualities lead BTC towards more and more attention and getting more value for its assets. Also, if you have might observed bitcoin is gaining more value day by day and critics says it may hit the market of $ 2k pretty soon. So yes I think bitcoin is worthiest. :-)

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 02:10:23 AM

Let us simply put things this way anything and I mean anything will have value as long as there is a demand for the thing/item. It is how people want it or rather how many people want it that makes it more valuable. For example a lot of as when we look as Comics we first see is that it is worthless but if you are in the right market and you have a rare comic book then for them it will be valuable. Same as Bitcoin the price of Bitcoin is based on the demand of it.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 03:04:42 AM

The value of Bitcoin is being molded through time. Of course it only became valuable when people accept it and believe in it. Bitcoins demand is only possible because of its users, it will only just be a code if there's no one who use it. That's why they are creating other cryptocurrencies, hoping that Bitcoin will one day be left off and people will turn to other cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is what they call the gold of the internet which has been proven a fact since Bitcoin paralleled the value of gold. The only question is that will Bitcoin last for a hundred more years? There are some investors that willing to risk some wealth to buy BTC, which is good for bitcoins market cap. We, the users itself of BTC is the one who give value to it. It will become just a ghost if everyone left this Cryptocurrency.

emezh10

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 07:52:21 AM

Bitcoin is worth because of the reputation it have now as you can see the bitcoin is spreading all over the world and making it name as a digital currency and we know as of now the cryptocurrency. And the most is the price of the bitcoin the highest price among all currency.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 08:04:25 AM

I think the value that they are talking about is different from the value that you know. Value meaning the prize or the worth of something is what you are thinking, but the value that they are talking about is the value, the importance of something to them. And I think that the people that said that to you, do not use bitcoin or barely know bitcoin and just saying something or telling you something based on what he had read or viewed or saw on the internet. I don't really care about these people that say things about bitcoin, but do not use bitcoin. You can't bark if you are a cat, if you know what i mean.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 08:23:29 AM

The value of Bitcoin is being molded through time. Of course it only became valuable when people accept it and believe in it. Bitcoins demand is only possible because of its users, it will only just be a code if there's no one who use it. That's why they are creating other cryptocurrencies, hoping that Bitcoin will one day be left off and people will turn to other cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is what they call the gold of the internet which has been proven a fact since Bitcoin paralleled the value of gold. The only question is that will Bitcoin last for a hundred more years? There are some investors that willing to risk some wealth to buy BTC, which is good for bitcoins market cap. We, the users itself of BTC is the one who give value to it. It will become just a ghost if everyone left this Cryptocurrency.

It doesn't matter if bitcoins wouldn't be able to survive for another hundred years because as users, we can simply move from one cryptocurrency to another. Bitcoin doesn't have feelings and I think none of us have feelings towards bitcoins so moving on to another coin wiill be really easy.

I think other people are actually creating different cryptocurrencies because they want to make money. Like they say, altcoins are just a way to make more bitcoins. People create altcoins, trade them, and then get out of the scene when they have earned profit. Sometimes there are even upright ICO scam where the devs run away right after soliciting the money for the crowdsale.

Text

Activity: 2422
Merit: 592

Bitcoin Casino Est. 2013

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 08:44:09 AM

There are so many altcoins is really being created now because the existence of bitcoin, well the truth is it began on it. They are taking advantage to make money with BTC, as they have already made big profits and no more progress for a certain coin for the reason that even those investors are quitting...

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 10:06:45 AM

Bitcoin is worth because of the reputation it have now as you can see the bitcoin is spreading all over the world and making it name as a digital currency and we know as of now the cryptocurrency. And the most is the price of the bitcoin the highest price among all currency.
The increased price and the reputation gained by the coin makes it worth. Another thing is that it is the only digital currency that was long lasting without any flaws. Even when problems arise it gets sought out in a short time span moving forward towards growth.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 12:17:22 PM

The increased price and the reputation gained by the coin makes it worth. Another thing is that it is the only digital currency that was long lasting without any flaws. Even when problems arise it gets sought out in a short time span moving forward towards growth.
Yes bitcoin recovers fast from its problem because of the big community behind it that ready to help and give ideas in order to solve the problem as soon as possible. Bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency that is older than others and still stand out because of its reputation in the long run so that is why people still choose bitcoin even though it is more expensive than others.
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 07:29:34 PM

Some says bitcoin not worth it to learn, to risks for money but I think they said its not worth because they are not ready to learn and not ready to earn in this kind of digital currency. However, bitcoin really worth my effort, my dedication to spend time becasue through this I earned money well.
For what they said was worthless and non-sense, of course we bitcoin fanatic had a strong belief that bitcoin is more significant in any other things in terms of financial aspects. Because as I can see in bitcoin if you work hard for it you will be rewarded because of your effort you've made.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: