Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:50:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NemosMiner] multi algo profit switching NVIDIA/CPU miner  (Read 289388 times)
InfiniteImp

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 04:03:12 AM

I updated from source and have a issue where when benchmarking the prior mining session is not exiting out.
Any idea's on what I can do?  None of the usual issues with windows defender or anything.

Miners just keep starting multiple instances for some reason?

I'm seeing this outside of bechmarking.  Just noticed that CryptoDredge was running 3 instances. 

On a side note, reading the last several posts you'd think "why the hell are these people still running the software??".  The fact is I really like NemosMiner.  Comfortable to use, lots of good information and good mining results.  I believe if these bugs could be eliminated it would be the best choice for mining.
BrucoMining

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2018, 08:07:19 PM

Hello!  Smiley

If anyone is interested on using an alternate way to monitor your NemosMiner workers,
I'm happy to announce that NemosMiner support has been added to www.brucomining.com, our cloud platform for mining rig monitoring.

You can have additional features like:
  • realtime email notification (multiple recipients) when your rig goes offline/online
  • profit statistics per rig (live, 10min, 1h, 1d)
  • nice dashboard, mobile friendly, secured with your credentials
  • aggregation of different mining software in one single dashboard

You can find some screenshots on our twitter: https://twitter.com/BrucoMining

Check it out!

Bruco
achmadsutanto
Copper Member

Activity: 221

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2018, 03:37:42 PM

Hi,
I am searching Linux YescyptR32 miner for GPU (nVidia or AMD), is it available on nemosminer?

bPool - Your mining pool site: https://bpool.site
InfiniteImp

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 11:06:12 PM

Ok @nospampls and @Khazore I have a fix for you.

It may not be the ideal fix as I've never worked with PowerShell before but it addresses the .NET crashes.  I've been running for almost 24 hours and by now I would have had at least 1 crash on each machine so I'm considering this addressed.

I'm making a bunch of assumptions here as to how PowerShell works.  While I do program, I've never worked in this environment so take the notes below as my best guess as to what's happening.

Open the file "NemosMiner.ps1" (notepad should be fine)

The issue is with this line:

$PSItem.ToString() | out-file .\logs\excepUI.txt -Append

It's meant to log errors to the exceptUI.txt error log but sometimes it ends up on this line with a NULL $PSItem object.  Powershell isn't happy about doing a .ToString on a null object and errors out.  However since it's already on this line because of a different error (likely the fact that the object is NULL  Smiley ) it just crashes out as an unptrapped error.

So, simple fix:  Add a # in front of $PSItem.  That turns the line into a comment.  You lose the logging of UI errors but I'll take that over an untrapped crash any day!   The new line should look like this:

# $PSItem.ToString() | out-file .\logs\excepUI.txt -Append

Enjoy!
nospampls

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 04:39:29 PM

^ @InfiniteImp

Thanks for sharing! I'm giving it a test on one of my rigs right now. Let's hope it does the trick!  Smiley
InfiniteImp

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 02:38:24 AM

^ @InfiniteImp

Thanks for sharing! I'm giving it a test on one of my rigs right now. Let's hope it does the trick!  Smiley

Don't forget to close down and restart the miner!
nospampls

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 04:27:31 AM

Of course! Had everything closed while I made the edit. It has ran all day without a hitch since.
Still too soon to called it fixed as I've had many days without crashes before making the edit, but it looks promising so far. Thanks again!  Smiley
InfiniteImp

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 04:55:17 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2018, 05:30:10 AM by InfiniteImp

Of course! Had everything closed while I made the edit. It has ran all day without a hitch since.
Still too soon to called it fixed as I've had many days without crashes before making the edit, but it looks promising so far. Thanks again!  Smiley

Looks like release 3.5.5 broke it for me.  I just got a crash but in another place and a different error (not the one I patched).  This time it's a "You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression". 

I'll dig into it.
nospampls

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 04:49:37 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2018, 08:23:56 PM by nospampls

Looks like release 3.5.5 broke it for me.  I just got a crash but in another place and a different error (not the one I patched).  This time it's a "You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression".  

I'll dig into it.

I had that one a while back: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1777336.msg46856313#msg46856313
Increasing the interval (mines at 900 / 15 mins) pretty much stopped that crash for me, but it the error still exists.

I don't understand code well enough to solve this one myself, but if you check the Logs\miner.log you can see repeated PS>TerminatingError(ForEach-Object): "You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression." errors on every cycle.

And in terms of updating, I've been running Nemo's for over a year now. Version 3.0 was the most stable release for me so I used it until it became too outdated to keep updated when the GUI changed. The way I do it now, since Nemo's is a pretty modular package, is I update selective parts from github that I feel are necessary or are significant improvements instead of moving to a fresh release every time. This has let me keep my rigs up longer and troubleshoot much less!  Cheesy

Edit: And look what I just got... https://i.imgur.com/FuVfRWU.jpg
InfiniteImp

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 01:59:50 AM

The annoying thing is that I don't know where the error is happening.  The first one was easier to track down as it referenced 'out-file'.  That only happens in a few places.  The null error could be in a lot of places.  So far no luck. 

I wonder if this is pool-based.  Maybe the reason Nemo doesn't get it is the particular pool or combination of pools he uses doesn't hit that error.
nospampls

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 05:05:09 AM

Well according to my .log, it's occurring between the Comparing miners and pools.. and Launching Prerun: stage during a cycle. Since those status strings show up in Core.ps1, maybe the problem lies within there?
Code:
Starting Cycle
Loading BTC rate from 'api.coinbase.com'..
Loading pool stats..
Computing pool stats..
Loading miners..
Comparing miners and pools..
PS>TerminatingError(ForEach-Object): "You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression."
PS>TerminatingError(ForEach-Object): "You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression."
closing current miner and switching
Launching Prerun: .\Prerun\default.bat
Starting miner

I also noticed this error occuring in the CoreCycle.log: This error repeats quite a few times in the log.
Code:
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], SetValueInvocationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ScriptSetValueRuntimeException
Exception setting "StatusText": "The 'Add-Member' command was found in the module 'Microsoft.PowerShell.Utility', but
the module could not be loaded. For more information, run 'Import-Module Microsoft.PowerShell.Utility'."
At D:\Mining\NemosMiner-v3.5.1\Core.ps1:171 char:4
+             $Variables.StatusText = "! Error contacting pool retrying ...
+             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], SetValueInvocationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ScriptSetValueRuntimeException

Since you think it may be pool-based, maybe it errors out when the pool cant be reached for a moment?
I'm using standard zpool. Nemo says he uses Nicehash and Zpool24hr: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1777336.msg47377248#msg47377248

Just throwing out some information to hopefully help you or whoever solve the issues!
STEVLTH

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 11:22:00 AM

Hi, minerx117

Thanks for NM updates. v3.5.5 works fine for me. But I found some issues:

1. Pools/Zpool.ps1 missing one `}` at the end of the code.
2. PhiPhiPool doesn't show balance and doesn't generate phiphipoolplus.json for a BrainPlus mode.

Also one question about BrainPlus. If I replace $PriceField = "actual_last24h" with $PriceField = "estimate_current" (and reduce SampleSizeMinutes and TrendSpanSizeMinutes) will it work correctly if I want to interpolate current profit just a little bit to avoid frequent spikes of network difficulty in some algorithms? Thanks!
Inves

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 03:41:40 PM

How to configure on ubuntu?

MrPlus

Activity: 514
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2018, 05:48:09 PM

Hi, minerx117

2. PhiPhiPool doesn't show balance and doesn't generate phiphipoolplus.json for a BrainPlus mode.

Also one question about BrainPlus. If I replace $PriceField = "actual_last24h" with $PriceField = "estimate_current" (and reduce SampleSizeMinutes and TrendSpanSizeMinutes) will it work correctly if I want to interpolate current profit just a little bit to avoid frequent spikes of network difficulty in some algorithms? Thanks!

Plus already does avoid price spikes but you can play with config in the XML to change the the SampleSizeMinutes. TrendSpanSizeMinutes is not used yet.

Do not change $PriceField. Plus works by making sense of estimate_current based on actual_last24.

<I32 N="SampleSizeMinutes">60</I32>
Duration of the dataset used for analisys (Minutes)
      <I32 N="TrendSpanSizeMinutes">30</I32>
Not used
      <I32 N="SampleHalfPower">0</I32>
If you want more recent data to have more impact than older data. This coefficient will be applied to data of SampleSizeMinutes /2
      <I32 N="ManualPriceFactor">1</I32>
Simple price multiplicator
      <I32 N="Interval">60</I32>
Pool API poll interval (Seconds)
      <B N="EnableLog">false</B>
Self explanatory

+MrPlus
Try NPLusMiner with new charts for Earnings Tracker
https://github.com/MrPlusGH/NPlusMiner

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NPlusMiner - MultiRig remote management|AI|Autoupdate|Pool/Algo switching
MrPlus

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2018, 05:50:19 PM

@ People with UI Exceptions.

Could you give a quick try to NPlusMiner to see if you get the same issue.

Nemo and I work together and share the code.
It would help debug.

Thanks,
+MrPlus

InfiniteImp

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:29:01 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2018, 12:40:30 AM by InfiniteImp

It would help debug.

Thanks,
+MrPlus

Will do.  Means I'll need to re-benchmark everything but well worth it if it means helping fix these crashes!

InfiniteImp

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:51:44 AM

By the way, I got errors today which seem to indicate more like an environment corruption.  Never mind just a NULL object slipping through - it loses access to (what I presume are) built-in functions like "write-host" and IsLoaded

Error 1:

Write-Host : The term 'Write-Host' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At C:\NemosMiner\NemosMiner.ps1:337 char:25
+                         Write-Host "Running:"
+                         ~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Write-Host:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.
At C:\NemosMiner\NemosMiner.ps1:381 char:13
+             $TimerUI.Start()
+             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (Smiley [], RuntimeException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvokeMethodOnNull

Error 2:

IsLoaded : The term 'IsLoaded' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.
Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At C:\NemosMiner\NemosMiner.ps1:1519 char:19
+             if (!(IsLoaded(".\Core.ps1"))) {. .\Core.ps1; RegisterLoa ...
+                   ~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (IsLoaded:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
STEVLTH

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 01:13:55 AM

Plus already does avoid price spikes but you can play with config in the XML to change the the SampleSizeMinutes. TrendSpanSizeMinutes is not used yet.

Do not change $PriceField. Plus works by making sense of estimate_current based on actual_last24.

<I32 N="SampleSizeMinutes">60</I32>
Duration of the dataset used for analisys (Minutes)
      <I32 N="TrendSpanSizeMinutes">30</I32>
Not used
      <I32 N="SampleHalfPower">0</I32>
If you want more recent data to have more impact than older data. This coefficient will be applied to data of SampleSizeMinutes /2
      <I32 N="ManualPriceFactor">1</I32>
Simple price multiplicator
      <I32 N="Interval">60</I32>
Pool API poll interval (Seconds)
      <B N="EnableLog">false</B>
Self explanatory

+MrPlus
Try NPLusMiner with new charts for Earnings Tracker

Thanks a lot!
MrPlus

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 07:29:32 AM

It would help debug.

Thanks,
+MrPlus

Will do.  Means I'll need to re-benchmark everything but well worth it if it means helping fix these crashes!

You can copy your stats folder over. Files are compatible. This will avoid benchmark Wink

MrPlus

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 11:24:32 AM

Hi, minerx117

NPlusMiner has that corrected

I pushed a pull request on GitHub to correct ZPool. should be ok in the last version of NemosMiner
I pushed pull requests on GitHub to fix PhiPhiPool. Should be ok in the Next version of NemosMiner

If you want it fixed right now. You could get NPlusMiner and copy your stats and config folders over to keep your config and avoid re-benchmark.

+MrPlus

Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 »
  Print  

Jump to: