Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:35:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy#1] Avalon ASICs CHIPS! Using JohnK as escrow! FINISHED!  (Read 150347 times)
Vycid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 06:45:00 PM

JohnK - can you investigate who this "Gary" is and get his number / confirm current situation? If a guy that appears out of the blue can get in touch by phone and get a status update, surely you would be able to get in touch too to appease the crowds/verify the info?

To raging/friend: it is in your best interest to have JohnK/Ryepdx verify how/who you get in touch with from Avalon/Gary (Who is this guy?). This buy appears more and more like a scam, particularly due to you being the only ones able to get updates (despite a lot of folks trying to)

The Gary mentioned here has a sf-express.com email address as given by ragingazn to me not long ago, which is the company involved in sending the chips. (it's a courier service based in China) I'm currently drafting an email to him to get the situation clear here.

John,

Can this Gary fellow help us change the destination address, or will we need to contact Yifu directly?

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ragingazn628 (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 07:21:00 PM

Hey guys,

I'm here right now, meeting with prodigits7 in Boston, MA. We're currently discussing NEO-ASICs logistics information and about shipping orders. The great news is that we can start shipping out right away, as soon as the chips arrive, so there's no lag time or delays in getting these units out to everybody that wants them. He's helping me get through everything right now, including this chip situation as well as my depression which has been very hard on me. So it's good to have support and somebody else that can help out as much as he can. Also JohnK or any other moderators can confirm my current location by checking the IP address of this post.

I'm sorry again for not getting back sooner but you will be hearing from me much more often and more frequently on here. I'm gonna try to post everyday on the Blog section of NEO-ASICs website as well. You can find that here: http://neo-asics.com/blog/
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:31:15 PM

Hey guys,

I'm here right now, meeting with prodigits7 in Boston, MA. We're currently discussing NEO-ASICs logistics information and about shipping orders. The great news is that we can start shipping out right away, as soon as the chips arrive, so there's no lag time or delays in getting these units out to everybody that wants them. He's helping me get through everything right now, including this chip situation as well as my depression which has been very hard on me. So it's good to have support and somebody else that can help out as much as he can. Also JohnK or any other moderators can confirm my current location by checking the IP address of this post.

I'm sorry again for not getting back sooner but you will be hearing from me much more often and more frequently on here. I'm gonna try to post everyday on the Blog section of NEO-ASICs website as well. You can find that here: http://neo-asics.com/blog/
He seems to be ignoring the KNC miner group buy.

I just wanted to note that I am going to be pursuing this in small claims court.  I will be getting the forms signed and notarized as soon as John provides me with his information.

fydel

Activity: 522

Hasta la Bitcoin siempre!

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:42:23 PM

Hey guys,

I don't believe anything you say.

hamster
nobunaga

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 10:17:28 PM

has anyone got refunded by paypal yet? i sent him pms and emails but there is no refund yet so far. i am really worried because there are only a few days left until paypal's 45 days limitation is passed. i understand most of you guys paid him with btc and are in more precarious situation than i am but i just feel that i am alone since i could not join the claims group. i don't know what to do now. should i claim a dispute citing this thread as a proof or as a unauthorized transaction? can anyone please tell me what to do?

by the way, he gave me two paypal addresses with different names for group buy. i could not send to the first one because it says the account is limited. i should had known something was very fishy back then but i was too muddleheaded and sent $400 to the second paypal address he gave me. i am not allowed to give personal information here so i will just mention first 2 initials of that account owner name. first name starts with "St" and last name starts with "Li".
danieldaniel

Activity: 854

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 10:30:40 PM

has anyone got refunded by paypal yet? i sent him pms and emails but there is no refund yet so far. i am really worried because there are only a few days left until paypal's 45 days limitation is passed. i understand most of you guys paid him with btc and are in more precarious situation than i am but i just feel that i am alone since i could not join the claims group. i don't know what to do now. should i claim a dispute citing this thread as a proof or as a unauthorized transaction? can anyone please tell me what to do?

by the way, he gave me two paypal addresses with different names for group buy. i could not send to the first one because it says the account is limited. i should had known something was very fishy back then but i was too muddleheaded and sent $400 to the second paypal address he gave me. i am not allowed to give personal information here so i will just mention first 2 initials of that account owner name. first name starts with "St" and last name starts with "Li".

See PM.

DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 11:38:54 PM

Hey guys,

everything reeks of scamcity these days.. 

toss this onto the heap as well

http://www.butterflylabs.com/monarch/

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:33:55 AM

I'm willing to sell out. all of 592 of my chips for 65 BTC OBO. PM me.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 07:16:32 AM

I'm willing to sell out. all of 592 of my chips for 65 BTC OBO. PM me.
hmm buy an Avalon in hand for 65btc or hope one scammy company ships chips to another who's looking scammy too and hope it all works out soon enough...

strombom

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 07:42:27 AM

Hi,

I would like warn about neo-asics.com .

They have been in contact with me for several weeks wanting to buy parts for several Avalon clones. They bought a kit with a few chips and payed, no problems, I shipped to their company address, they signed for it and sent back a photo of the setup.

I have given them at least two weeks to pay for the parts, but they only give me exuses. I can't give them any more time now, they are welcome to give a public explanation on how they are conducting their business. I have not shipped the parts, so they have nothing to sell.

The video is of my unit in my office, here is the original video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svQBsIAZ-ss

The original images: http://imgur.com/a/613HK

Best regards,
Johan
Noitev

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:15:27 AM

John K. should keep an eye on the order status and try to get it re-routed anywhere else when it ships imo.
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 02:27:55 PM

Sorry to see this is unraveling, though it's not surprising. I doubt John K can do anything about the situation because Avalon is so unresponsive. Maybe Ragin will do the right thing.

bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:42:36 PM

Hey guys,

Already two days behind Raging.  Come ON man!
mightycount

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:39:21 PM

Hey guys,

Pretty fucking brazing. What a douche bag.

Personal Bitcoin Black List - Companies and people to avoid!
````` Butterfly Labs...MtGox...ragingazn628...(reserved)...  `````
spinner

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 10:45:12 PM

Hey guys,

Pretty fucking brazing. What a douche bag.

I'm sorry, and you are who again?  Did somebody yell, "Dogpile!" Huh  I'm sure people here appreciate that you're keeping us informed about what's happening between you and Raging in your thread.  But I think we here are grownup enough to come to our own opinions, thank you very much.

ryepdx

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:02:52 PM

Honestly, all of this is making me nervous as well. I'd like to hear what ragingazn has to say about this latest development. If there's any way I can take some responsibility for the outcome of this, I will gladly do so. Can I at least call customs to verify the story about what happened to the sample chips for myself? Could I get a tracking number for the chips so I can keep people updated on where they are? Raging, I'll gladly do whatever I can to help this group buy out. It's apparent that replying to questions in this thread is not your strong suit. Seriously, give me a chance to help out and I'll be all over it.
Noitev

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 03:12:40 AM

talking to neo-asics via skype now
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 03:15:27 AM

Let us know what you find out.
Noitev

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 03:48:11 AM

Let us know what you find out.

The gist he said to me:

Neo-asics (aka prodigits7) is in the boston area and raging is in CT.

They met recently to try to get this figured out, raging has no assembly experience and his just trying to collaborate to get them made, which is why he originally contacted prodigits. It is my understanding that neo-asics.com is all prodigits responsibility.

raging showed prodigits his paypal and his knc order in person when they met. prodigits also said that raging did indeed seem to be depressed over his family matter.

Raging paid for and got parts for an avalon clone which prodigits made, ragingazn hasn't contacted strombom since his hiatus and prodigits says he wishes to pay for whatever is owed and source more parts. prodigits has a factory to make the units in northern mass.

prodigits said he will trying to figure out what is going on at customs with the sample chips and is meeting someone wednesday to figure it out.

Prodigits said the reason the site was down for a while was because it was hosted for free on service by ragingazn. since azn let it expire, prodigits offered to move the site to his own server, which he did.

Prodigits will be in the New york city area in the near future and wishes to talk to whoever is worried about this in person and he is trying to get raging to come with him. prodigits is also trying to call john k about the same matter and wants to assure everyone that john has both of their personal info and are simply trying to fix the situation and will consider any solution. I suggested that I go to raging's house and personally ship the chips to whomever wants to run the shipping leg of this and he was extremely open to that suggestion.

He also wants to reiterate that he is not a copycat of raging and is simply trying to mediate the situation.

If I forgot anything, please post here and I will call him back later to ask him if he doesn't respond here. thanks.
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 03:55:35 AM

For those who are worried about my other group buy...

I just sent JohnK my KNC account and password so he can log on and verify all the orders.

I am here to stay and I am not worried about anything and you guys shouldn't be either.
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: