Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:35:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy#1] Avalon ASICs CHIPS! Using JohnK as escrow! FINISHED!  (Read 150340 times)
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 05:19:15 PM

just a FYI - I am pulling my above offer since there were a few that backed out, so I mineaswell just stick it through

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:45:35 AM

Thanks for the clarification. I was under the impression that all 10k chips were stuck in customs.

On that note, I'm taking offers for my 179 chips.

Buy it now price is 12 BTC (I paid 14.34+ BTC)

You can even take ownership of the 0.06197 BTC I overpaid.  Cheesy  Grin

Please don't send me any offers via escrow contingent on raginazn delivering the chips or not.

My point of selling is to wash my hands of this group buy, all risk will be transferred to the buyer. If I still have to risk raginazn delivering or not in the sale of the chips, then there is no point in me selling my chips for a lot less than what I bought them for. I would rather just take the risk myself and receive the chips when/if that happens.

On that note, I'm lowering my buy it now offer to 11.5 BTC
DPoS

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:47:34 AM

good luck.. I was selling at a 40% loss and only got a few people interested to kick the tires and backoff

dire days here indeed

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 06:58:30 PM

Zefir just had batch 2 delivered. 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177827.msg2994052#msg2994052

bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 07:06:31 PM

Zefir ordered that batch on 4/18 and I believe this batch was ordered on 4/27. Hopefully we have some good news incoming soon.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 10:27:19 PM

I don't usually reveal PMs, but this is a peculiar scenario.

I got an offer from prodigits7 (supposedly raginazn's business partner) for my chips. 12 BTC through escrow contingent on raginazn delivering or not. It seems even his "business colleague" (still not convinced that isn't a sock puppet) thinks there's a chance raginazn is going to scam us. I just thought it was kind of fishy and wanted everyone to know about it....

This just gets worse and worse...  Angry

I think it is time for JohnK to attempt to re-rout the chips to a more trusted person (I do not want to do it btw- too busy). He should probably look into rerouting ragin's other group buy's KNC orders as well. This still stinks like scam.
Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 11:04:56 PM

I got an offer from prodigits7 (supposedly raginazn's business partner) for my chips. 12 BTC through escrow contingent on raginazn delivering or not. It seems even his "business colleague" (still not convinced that isn't a sock puppet) thinks there's a chance raginazn is going to scam us. I just thought it was kind of fishy and wanted everyone to know about it....

This just gets worse and worse...  Angry

I think it is time for JohnK to attempt to re-rout the chips to a more trusted person (I do not want to do it btw- too busy). He should probably look into rerouting ragin's other group buy's KNC orders as well. This still stinks like scam.

I was under the impression that the decision to reroute the chips to ryepdx was made a couple weeks ago (by clear popular opinion) and John had already submitted a support ticket to Avalon to do just that. The point of the escrow was to arbitrate situations like this one.

John - can you comment?

DPoS

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 11:14:30 PM

even if I got these this weekend, my two K16 would take 50 days to break even

if it goes another month, probably be around 80 days or more.

I feel for you guys with the big orders, this is ugly

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 11:27:56 PM

I was under the impression that the decision to reroute the chips to ryepdx was made a couple weeks ago (by clear popular opinion) and John had already submitted a support ticket to Avalon to do just that. The point of the escrow was to arbitrate situations like this one.

John - can you comment?
Good, I was not aware of this. I hope Avalon actually answers a support ticket for once.  Roll Eyes
bassclef

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 12:14:24 AM

This just gets worse and worse...  Angry

I don't necessarily think it raises a red flag. Maybe he liked your price, needed a few more chips but not enough to commit the full 12btc sight unseen.

The reality is we may not get the shipping info changed like we wanted to, so there's a certain amount of trust needed with ragingazn. Sure he's non-responsive, somewhat unprofessional (could be age-related) but I don't think he's going to run with chips that are rapidly declining in value. And there's a reason why we have his verified address through John K which I don't need to spell out.

Would I prefer the shipping info changed so ryepdx can distribute them? Yes. Do I believe Avalon will change it? Probably not. I don't think anyone's successfully had their shipping address changed with these chip orders. Zefir's 2nd batch was delivered today, and this batch was ordered 11 days later.
prodigits7

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 08:28:11 PM

You're exactly right bassclef. Like anybody else, I liked the price...that's all.
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:47:04 AM

even if I got these this weekend, my two K16 would take 50 days to break even

if it goes another month, probably be around 80 days or more.

I feel for you guys with the big orders, this is ugly

+ ROI is good...

As long as the mofo's ship soon we can salvage what we put in.

As for offer from prodigits7 that was a deal on the chips. Given that there is still a window for the chips to actually arrive and still be good for ROI selling them sub cost at this point is panic selling. If you dump like that anyone would be interested in going for it. I for one would rather have Avalon give our COOP our refund on our chips as requested on our support ticket August 5th but acquiring more chips particularly if you have access to fab is a risky move but potentially rewarding if the price is right ROI can be better if those chips arrive in the next week or two.

I do not have a dog in this group any longer but seeing prodigits7 actively engaged and making deals would put my mind at ease. The problems we faced with this group buy in the past was Ragin being awol.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
DPoS

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:14:59 AM

Avalon chip refunds doesn't help all refund the pcb's etc that go into to be ready for the chips so the chips actually have value..  you cant hash with just a chip

they would have to give double to make everyone whole but we know we might not even get anything

Bicknellski

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:32:52 AM

Avalon chip refunds doesn't help all refund the pcb's etc that go into to be ready for the chips so the chips actually have value..  you cant hash with just a chip

they would have to give double to make everyone whole but we know we might not even get anything

Unfortunately it does more than not help... IT SCREWS the diy manufacturing people royally.

At this point I am still hopeful that Yifu gets the chips in everyone's hands but our group is not waiting for that and have started down legal road for a resolution given we have not been given any information or responses to our questions since July 28th, 2013 when developer chips we were supposed to have received and used at our fabrication for testing the line didn't show up. 3 weeks late is not cool and we pulled the plug.

Suffice to say there are many in this community that might have to go after Avalon for a pound of flesh if this drags out any longer. Better late than never doesn't work in Bitcoin mining so there might be a point in time with these chips that lawsuit might be the only way to recoup some of the losses.

Back to the group thread here...

I wish everyone the best of luck on this and I really want to see the DIY fabrication go forward they deserve the support even if it is at a small loss to those chip buyers. You never know the BTC might shoot through the roof again and you can recoup the ROI in that spike.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:03:54 AM

I wish everyone the best of luck on this and I really want to see the DIY fabrication go forward they deserve the support even if it is at a small loss to those chip buyers. You never know the BTC might shoot through the roof again and you can recoup the ROI in that spike.

The BTC spiking is not an acceptable compromise. We have accepted the risk of a BTC crash as well. The ROI computations must be based on current BTC exchange rates.

DPoS

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:16:44 AM

The BTC spiking is not an acceptable compromise. We have accepted the risk of a BTC crash as well. The ROI computations must be based on current BTC exchange rates.

he knows, it is just something we all say these days when caught in crap like this...  I mean Avalon didn't really sign anything did they on these chip orders??  I hope they gave some kind of basis to go after them

the fact they are talking of next gen already is kinda bunk..  just like BFL - just hope KNC and bitfury pound these two fools into their grave

scotjam

Activity: 269

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:22:53 AM

At least Avalon have delivered in reasonable quantities

Did anyone hear back from JohnK conclusively confirming that he was trying to change the shipping address of these chips to ryepdx?

Ragingazn628 - has the spreadsheet been updated with the transactions that have been confirmed in this thread? Also, can you confirm that if the chips are shipped to you, you will be forwarding them to ryepdx to distribute? Does he have a copy of the shipping information requested by the members of this group buy (I think you had set up a google form to collect this)?
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:56:38 AM

he knows, it is just something we all say these days when caught in crap like this...  I mean Avalon didn't really sign anything did they on these chip orders??  I hope they gave some kind of basis to go after them

the fact they are talking of next gen already is kinda bunk..  just like BFL - just hope KNC and bitfury pound these two fools into their grave

Ya... more of hope and prayer for all. I hate to see other people put in months of hard work and get screwed by Yifu this way. Maybe the BTC Gods will shine fortune on us all and there will be 500 BTC to the USD just as those DIY miners fire up.

southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 10:31:26 AM

Ya... more of hope and prayer for all. I hate to see other people put in months of hard work and get screwed by Yifu this way. Maybe the BTC Gods will shine fortune on us all and there will be 500 BTC to the USD just as those DIY miners fire up.
Or Yifu may dump all that coin in them addresses and burn the lot of us..  Angry

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
erschiessen

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:42:33 PM

Noitev,

How did the meeting with prodigits go?

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: