Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:33:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy#1] Avalon ASICs CHIPS! Using JohnK as escrow! FINISHED!  (Read 150340 times)
fpgaminer

Activity: 560
Merit: 517

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 11:30:09 PM

I will be bound to the end then, but please note that my obligation of most of the funds is over once I pass this over to Avalon.(so if Avalon fails to ship or anything I'm not in fault although this is very unlikely)
Agreed, and understood.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vycid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:13:24 AM

Put me down for 5 BTC. I may increase that stake later.

Kevlar

Activity: 602
Merit: 254

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:27:27 AM

I'm in for 2.028 BTC. (26 chips) Please add me to the list.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
fpgaminer

Activity: 560
Merit: 517

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 12:38:30 AM

Retracting offer.

I finished my research on OP and though I do not believe there is anything foul going on here, I personally do not see enough trust for this amount of money.  I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused to John or ragingazn628.  Thank you for the opportunity.

samurai1200

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:40:32 AM

Retracting offer.

I finished my research on OP and though I do not believe there is anything foul going on here, I personally do not see enough trust for this amount of money.  I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused to John or ragingazn628.  Thank you for the opportunity.

Bitcoin enables trustless payments, but unfortunately some things still require trust. When someone figures out the 'Bitcoin' of handling physical goods, we will reach reach the next level of humanity.

Hodl for the longest tiem.

Use it or lose it: http://coinmap.org/
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:50:14 AM

Retracting offer.

I understand this concern and agree that there is a certain risk that has to be bourne by all parties involved. I would be able to offer multi-signature ownership of the funds if my trust is a concern here, although everyone will have to agree that I do not offer any personal warranty on the reliability of the multisig system.
ragingazn628 (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 01:00:42 AM

@ JohnK and fpgaminer

I am willing to provide JohnK with my identity with the following proof:

1. A scan of my driver's license.
2. A picture of me holding and showing my driver's license.
3. And if needed I can record myself with my driver's license so no suspicion of photoshop etc.

When I started this group buy I did not expect any drama at all. My #1 goal for this group buy right now is to redeem myself from the past. Again I did not scam anyone it was a misunderstanding but looking back at what has happened I do realized that I did make a mistake. So I would like to follow through with this group buy towards a path of redemption. When you are on the internet, apparently nothing you cannot hide anything Smiley

Without further a due we will start sending BTC to the escrow's address when we hit ~600 BTC.

JohnK let me know what and how I need to sign to get rid of any possible discrepancy. Thanks.

added

added
rideelement247

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:14:12 AM

I will be retracting my interest as well. I wish you all the best!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:20:20 AM

@ JohnK and fpgaminer

3. And if needed I can record myself with my driver's license so no suspicion of photoshop etc.

When I started this group buy I did not expect any drama at all. My #1 goal for this group buy right now is to redeem myself from the past. Again I did not scam anyone it was a misunderstanding but looking back at what has happened I do realized that I did make a mistake. So I would like to follow through with this group buy towards a path of redemption. When you are on the internet, apparently nothing you cannot hide anything Smiley

Without further a due we will start sending BTC to the escrow's address when we hit ~600 BTC.

JohnK let me know what and how I need to sign to get rid of any possible discrepancy. Thanks.

added

added

Confirmed. The ID and verification information can be sent to my personal email listed with my GPG key above (the.john.is.here -at- gmail)

As for signing, I am not sure what you can sign here - if you have an OTC account with GPG, you can use that to sign your message here. I am signing to prove that I control this account currently.
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 01:40:31 AM

@ JohnK and fpgaminer

added

added

Confirmed. The ID and verification information can be sent to my personal email listed with my GPG key above (the.john.is.here -at- gmail)

As for signing, I am not sure what you can sign here - if you have an OTC account with GPG, you can use that to sign your message here. I am signing to prove that I control this account currently.

Before I send please confirm that you will NOT release my information unless there is any discrepancy from me. It will be fore YOUR eyes only.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:47:05 AM

@ JohnK and fpgaminer

added

added

Before I send please confirm that you will NOT release my information unless there is any discrepancy from me. It will be fore YOUR eyes only.

Confirmed. The information will be made public if problems arise from your end of the deal, included but not limited to the failure of sending chips, extended hiatus after the chips have been sent to you, and the general failure to withhold your part of obligations. Of course, I will delay the publicity of such documents unless there is absolute reason to do so as the release of such documents is irreversible.
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 01:49:43 AM

@ JohnK and fpgaminer

added

added

Confirmed. The information will be made public if problems arise from your end of the deal, included but not limited to the failure of sending chips, extended hiatus after the chips have been sent to you, and the general failure to withhold your part of obligations. Of course, I will delay the publicity of such documents unless there is absolute reason to do so as the release of such documents is irreversible.

Email sent please confirm.

We will send BTC when 780 BTC is reached. This first pre-order batch will close at 780 so I can divide and add up the 2.1BTC avalon shipping costs for everyone! Got about ~190 more BTC to go guys!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:49:55 AM

I have received the email from OP and I'll verify it when I get home. I'm on mobile currently. Thanks.
ryepdx

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:27:43 AM

I'm interested. Put me down for 480 chips (37.44 BTC).

Thanks!
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 02:35:49 AM

I'm interested. Put me down for 480 chips (37.44 BTC).

Thanks!

added
Egon

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:08:29 AM

When do you anticipate having the address in place with John K?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:29:21 AM

When do you anticipate having the address in place with John K?

The escrow address is given above in the signed contract.
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:56:41 AM

I'm interested but who is going to build these PCBs?  Are you expecting everyone is going to DIY?  This is not a simple matter. Soldering down 200+ chips is very tricky, chances are people are going to damage a significant # w/out the right reflow equipment.
Signus

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:03:55 AM

I'm interested but who is going to build these PCBs?  Are you expecting everyone is going to DIY?  This is not a simple matter. Soldering down 200+ chips is very tricky, chances are people are going to damage a significant # w/out the right reflow equipment.

For a price you can probably find somebody who will will take your PCB and chips and do all of the reflow work for you. Worth it for large batch jobs and tons of chips. Even for a single QNF8, the soldering would be a pain.

There are some of us who have some experience with PCB design. I myself have quite a bit, but not too sure where to start with these ASIC chips at the moment. Has Avalon released documentation for them yet?
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:18:22 AM

For a price you can probably find somebody who will will take your PCB and chips and do all of the reflow work for you. Worth it for large batch jobs and tons of chips. Even for a single QNF8, the soldering would be a pain.

There are some of us who have some experience with PCB design. I myself have quite a bit, but not too sure where to start with these ASIC chips at the moment. Has Avalon released documentation for them yet?

Best I can tell not yet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: