June 22, 2024, 03:08:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 6551 6552 6553 6554 6555 6556 6557 6558 6559 6560 6561 6562 6563 6564 6565 6566 6567 6568 6569 6570 6571 6572 6573 6574 6575 6576 6577 6578 6579 6580 6581 6582 6583 6584 6585 6586 6587 6588 6589 6590 6591 6592 6593 6594 6595 6596 6597 6598 6599 6600 [6601] 6602 6603 6604 6605 6606 6607 6608 6609 6610 6611 6612 6613 6614 6615 6616 6617 6618 6619 6620 6621 6622 6623 6624 6625 6626 6627 6628 6629 6630 6631 6632 6633 6634 6635 6636 6637 6638 6639 6640 6641 6642 6643 6644 6645 6646 6647 6648 6649 6650 6651 ... 33470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26404785 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 4603

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:49:09 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 02:08:23 PM by JimboToronto

It seems that all the random trolls are fascinated by the concept of Pump-and-Dump.

Here's a picture just for you.   Grin

HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:53:34 PM

It's hilarious watching $5 slippage on a 1 BTC trade
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 01:57:17 PM

pump it till it blows!
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:59:30 PM

I just bought my first bitcoin. Exciting. Could some please share the actual S.R. 2.0 link. Thanks.

I really like what you did there.
That newbie is not me.

The Bitcoin Goddess is NOT PLEASED.  Guess what She does when She is not pleased.

Yes, Jorge, I'm well aware of that. I thought it was a good joke, is all.
Look, the thing is that although you make some useful points, and you are consistently polite in doing so, you are becoming increasingly strident. The fact that you very selectively choose what to argue - and a lot of people have made some very good points against some of your mistaken assumptions recently - means that it's not really worth engaging with you. Literally no point, because you appear to ignore anything that doesn't fit with what you already believe and move on.
That, unfortunately, effectively makes you a very polite troll. And I mean troll in its proper web-forum sense here, not just 'someone who doesn't agree with you'.

Thanks, Cassius. Nearly 100% my own sentiment (although I hesitate to put a "very polite troll" into the same mental category as a regular, barely intelligible, run-of-the-mill troll... but that's a matter of taste I admit). Please note the unnecessary highlighted parts that I especially agree with :D
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:00:34 PM

Explanation
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2130

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:07:05 PM

Pump and dump.

Welcome to my ignore list.

I think he was talking about your ignore list Smiley
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 02:08:04 PM

I just bought my first bitcoin. Exciting. Could some please share the actual S.R. 2.0 link. Thanks.

That newbie is not me.

The Bitcoin Goddess is NOT PLEASED.  Guess what She does when She is not pleased.

Look, the thing is that although you make some useful points, and you are consistently polite in doing so, you are becoming increasingly strident. The fact that you very selectively choose what to argue - and a lot of people have made some very good points against some of your mistaken assumptions recently - means that it's not really worth engaging with you. Literally no point, because you appear to ignore anything that doesn't fit with what you already believe and move on.
That, unfortunately, effectively makes you a very polite troll. And I mean troll in its proper web-forum sense here, not just 'someone who doesn't agree with you'.

Thanks, Cassius. Nearly 100% my own sentiment (although I hesitate to put a "very polite troll" into the same mental category as a regular, barely intelligible, run-of-the-mill troll... but that's a matter of taste I admit). Please note the unnecessary highlighted parts that I especially agree with Cheesy

It is a shame. But then, I don't think the Speculation thread is the right place for Jorge, anyway.
p0peji

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:08:40 PM

That newbie is not me.

Something about a pot and a kettle.
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 02:12:07 PM

That newbie is not me.

You're suggesting that I'm a very polite troll? That would be an odd thing to say.
JimboToronto
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:13:48 PM

pump it till it blows!

I tried to add pix of a bagholder and a triple-top but it wouldn't display them. Maybe it doesn't like multiple images in one post.

I'll try the triple-top again.

JimboToronto
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:15:09 PM

And the bagholder.

MICRO
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1037

CEO @ Stake.com and Primedice.com

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 02:18:19 PM

Jorge,

How many students do you have? Are you willing to facilitate giving each of your students some bitcoin? I'm willing to fund a project like this.

Oooooh, great idea! I pledge to give 23 of his students (if there are any) 5mBTC each. Cheesy

you can quote me on this.

Thanks for quoting me as i'm sure he has me on ignore. I'll pledge $
Its obviously a W bottom - will breakout soon Wink

chart?  Smiley

the bounce up from the 550/551 level seems like a correction to me. looks like we might head down from here. what do you guys think?

It may bounce up and down a bit, but its gong up. If (when) it hits 600$ it will be fast ride up hill Smiley .
bigdave

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:22:36 PM

pump it till it blows!

I tried to add pix of a bagholder and a triple-top but it wouldn't display them. Maybe it doesn't like multiple images in one post.

I'll try the triple-top again.

How do you have a pic of my wife?   Grin
p0peji

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:28:33 PM

That newbie is not me.

You're suggesting that I'm a very polite troll? That would be an odd thing to say.

I am not suggesting you are a troll, it is just that you accuse Jorge of doing exactly that, which most pro-bitcoiners do.(read text in bold)
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 02:32:11 PM

That newbie is not me.

The Bitcoin Goddess is NOT PLEASED.  Guess what She does when She is not pleased.

I am not suggesting you are a troll, it is just that you accuse Jorge of doing exactly that, which most pro-bitcoiners do.(read text in bold)

Ahh. Right.
I'm not sure it's an entirely apt comparison, but I think we've spent enough time discussing Jorge.

EDIT: I guess that could be called selective arguing. So be it. I'm a big polite troll.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:42:02 PM

That newbie is not me.

The Bitcoin Goddess is NOT PLEASED.  Guess what She does when She is not pleased.

Ahh. Right.
I'm not sure it's an entirely apt comparison, but I think we've spent enough time discussing Jorge.

EDIT: I guess that could be called selective arguing. So be it. I'm a big polite troll.

p0peji has a point. 'Selective arguing' is just as common (if not more) among the Bitcoin optimists in here as it is with the pessimists. The difference is context: this is a forum of people that, by and large, are (or at least once were) excited about Bitcoin. So the difference between 'troll' and 'not troll' is not whether you argue selectively, but if you do so in a context that puts you at odds with the majority of the other participants.

The other difference is intention. To be really called a troll, your goal has to be to get a rise out of the majority of those who hold an opinion contrary to yours.

I'd say point 1 applies to Jorge, but point 2 doesn't. I don't really believe his goal posting here is to incite anger (although he's probably amused by the reactions to a degree). I've said it before, but I think he actually has the misguided belief that he somehow has to convince us of the error of our ways.
TakeTheSkyRoad

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:43:52 PM

That newbie is not me.

Thanks, Cassius. Nearly 100% my own sentiment (although I hesitate to put a "very polite troll" into the same mental category as a regular, barely intelligible, run-of-the-mill troll... but that's a matter of taste I admit). Please note the unnecessary highlighted parts that I especially agree with Cheesy

It is a shame. But then, I don't think the Speculation thread is the right place for Jorge, anyway.

Imagine a room full of people, not a big room (a large garage maybe) and they and cooperating to build something.  It's not quite tangible yet, most of it isn't clear and even more is still at the conceptual stage on paper or being discussed. There is a real purpose though each person is an individual in their own right with their own motivations with some leading, some following and some involved on the side lines.
Now imagine an additional figure sat in the corner of the room in a big leather arm chair with a big pile of text books a hot (non-alcoholic) drink and a pipe to complete the theoretical image. He is watching the proceedings with vague disapproval while reading through the books and tutting every now and then.
Occasionally one of the group will come over and and try to explain what is happening in the room but it is often futile and met with misunderstanding, references to the books and a general view that whatever is being built "just won't work" and "things just don't happen this way".

No disrespect meant but this is how I view Jorge and the day he buys bitcoin then I know I can start to take some serious profit because then bitcoin will be established in the mainstream. Hell, that pile of books may even have a positive bitcoin book or two added to the top. Hopefully not a negative book but as I consider myself to be an *involved* in the room I believe that at least whatever happens and whatever is built it will be unique and it's not often you can say that.

When the internet came along nothing like it had come before and the same applies to crypto currencies.
In 10 years time *something* will come of crypto and bitcoin and frankly it's extremely tough to predict in the same way back decades ago nobody could have predicted half the things we take for granted today. This forum being just one example.
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 02:47:08 PM

That newbie is not me.

Ahh. Right.

p0peji has a point. 'Selective arguing' is just as common (if not more) among the Bitcoin optimists in here as it is with the pessimists. The difference is context: this is a forum of people that, by and large, are (or at least once were) excited about Bitcoin. So the difference between 'troll' and 'not troll' is not whether you argue selectively, but if you do so in a context that puts you at odds with the majority of the other participants.

The other difference is intention. To be really called a troll, your goal has to be to get a rise out of the majority of those who hold an opinion contrary to yours.

I'd say point 1 applies to Jorge, but point 2 doesn't. I don't really believe his goal posting here is to incite anger (although he's probably amused by the reactions to a degree). I've said it before, but I think he actually has the misguided belief that he somehow has to convince us of the error of our ways.

This is fair enough: selective arguing goes both ways. Glossing over that, selectively, I've been picking up a little more of 2) in the Prof's posts recently. I can't blame him, since he takes a lot of heat here. But I can not engage with him any more. Either one of those is good reason not to waste your time with someone.
akujin

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:53:54 PM

Nice pump at finex... sold!  Grin Grin Grin
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:00:35 PM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 6551 6552 6553 6554 6555 6556 6557 6558 6559 6560 6561 6562 6563 6564 6565 6566 6567 6568 6569 6570 6571 6572 6573 6574 6575 6576 6577 6578 6579 6580 6581 6582 6583 6584 6585 6586 6587 6588 6589 6590 6591 6592 6593 6594 6595 6596 6597 6598 6599 6600 [6601] 6602 6603 6604 6605 6606 6607 6608 6609 6610 6611 6612 6613 6614 6615 6616 6617 6618 6619 6620 6621 6622 6623 6624 6625 6626 6627 6628 6629 6630 6631 6632 6633 6634 6635 6636 6637 6638 6639 6640 6641 6642 6643 6644 6645 6646 6647 6648 6649 6650 6651 ... 33470 »
  Print  

Jump to: