May 09, 2024, 06:52:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 13413 13414 13415 13416 13417 13418 13419 13420 13421 13422 13423 13424 13425 13426 13427 13428 13429 13430 13431 13432 13433 13434 13435 13436 13437 13438 13439 13440 13441 13442 13443 13444 13445 13446 13447 13448 13449 13450 13451 13452 13453 13454 13455 13456 13457 13458 13459 13460 13461 13462 [13463] 13464 13465 13466 13467 13468 13469 13470 13471 13472 13473 13474 13475 13476 13477 13478 13479 13480 13481 13482 13483 13484 13485 13486 13487 13488 13489 13490 13491 13492 13493 13494 13495 13496 13497 13498 13499 13500 13501 13502 13503 13504 13505 13506 13507 13508 13509 13510 13511 13512 13513 ... 33336 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26380905 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 02:01:36 AM

Coin

Explanation
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 02:22:07 AM

Love is the bread of life but money is the honey.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 02:35:40 AM

I'm not pushing XT specifically. Not even Gavin and Hearn are doing that. Sure, I would prefer BIP101 to BIP100,  but it's not even clear that we'll get ANY scaling solution and certain people are being manipulated by powers that don't want any scaling solution to be implemented.  

What is clear is that the argument that small block size prevents centralization is a bogus argument.  Routing around the xaction limit reintroduces trusted third parties.  These smallblockers are not defending the true decentralized vision of the project. Just the opposite is the case.  They want to take power away from the end users (the customers) and give it to the employees (the miners). Whether or not the owners (hodlers) like that idea is going to be reflected in the charts.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 02:42:45 AM

I'm not pushing XT specifically. Not even Gavin and Hearn are doing that. Sure, I would prefer BIP101 to BIP100,  but it's not even clear that we'll get ANY scaling solution and certain people are being manipulated by powers that don't want any scaling solution to be implemented.  

What is clear is that the argument that small block size prevents centralization is a bogus argument.  Routing around the xaction limit reintroduces trusted third parties.  These smallblockers are not defending the true decentralized vision of the project. Just the opposite is the case.  They want to take power away from the end users (the customers) and give it to the employees (the miners). Whether or not the owners (hodlers) like that idea is going to be reflected in the charts.

Let's leave it to people who understand Bitcoin to discuss these issues, shall we?

How's that supposed to work? How many "blockspace" do I get for 1 bitcoin?

Easy. 1/21,000,000th of the whole chain.  I answered your question, now you answer mine. If I'm not buying space on the blockchain when I'm buying bitcoin, what am I buying?

So for 1 bitcoin I get 1/21,000,000th of the whole chain? Are you for real? Were you hit over the head with something?
Nope. I get one twentyone millionth of the whole damn chain. 4 eva. If you think that's too much, then perhaps you are selling your coins too cheaply.

If I'm not buying blockspace when I'm buying bitcoin, then what the hell am I buying?
bad trader

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 02:48:57 AM

Two of the lines are still holding for now.

We broke the downtrend again, but we might still crash back into it.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 03:01:39 AM

Coin

Explanation
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 03:04:43 AM

Let's leave it to people who understand Bitcoin to discuss these issues, shall we?

Easy. 1/21,000,000th of the whole chain.  I answered your question, now you answer mine. If I'm not buying space on the blockchain when I'm buying bitcoin, what am I buying?

So for 1 bitcoin I get 1/21,000,000th of the whole chain? Are you for real? Were you hit over the head with something?
Nope. I get one twentyone millionth of the whole damn chain. 4 eva. If you think that's too much, then perhaps you are selling your coins too cheaply.

If I'm not buying blockspace when I'm buying bitcoin, then what the hell am I buying?

As many times as you've quoted me, you've never refuted my argument.  You know damn well I wasn't being literal, as I've repeated many times. But yes, the hodlers are the owners as the bitshares network make more clear by having a less confusing name for the trading tokens. 

How many coins you got, Fucktard? Are you an owner or a miner employee?  Who do you think buys those coins if not people like me? Who do you think is going to use a hobby network with a 7 TPS capacity when the transaction costs (currently around $4) go unsubsidized? Hell, even ACH is cheaper than that.
brg444

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 03:10:16 AM

As many times as you've quoted me, you've never refuted my argument.  You know damn well I wasn't being literal, as I've repeated many times. But yes, the hodlers are the owners as the bitshares network make more clear by having a less confusing name for the trading tokens.  

How many coins you got, Fucktard? Are you an owner or a miner employee?  Who do you think buys those coins if not people like me? Who do you think is going to use a hobby network with a 7 TPS capacity when the transaction costs (currently around $4) go unsubsidized? Hell, even ACH is cheaper than that.

What argument, this one ?

I answered your question, now you answer mine. If I'm not buying space on the blockchain when I'm buying bitcoin, what am I buying?

Cheesy

There will be a gang of persons willing to pay  5$, 10$, hell 50$ for complete monetary sovereignty.

These people are presently paying orders of magnitude more to move their money around the world unnoticed.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 03:20:34 AM

As many times as you've quoted me, you've never refuted my argument.  You know damn well I wasn't being literal, as I've repeated many times. But yes, the hodlers are the owners as the bitshares network make more clear by having a less confusing name for the trading tokens.  

How many coins you got, Fucktard? Are you an owner or a miner employee?  Who do you think buys those coins if not people like me? Who do you think is going to use a hobby network with a 7 TPS capacity when the transaction costs (currently around $4) go unsubsidized? Hell, even ACH is cheaper than that.

I answered your question, now you answer mine. If I'm not buying space on the blockchain when I'm buying bitcoin, what am I buying?

Cheesy

There will be a gang of persons willing to pay  5$, 10$, hell 50$ for true monetary sovereignty.

These people are presently paying orders of magnitude more to move their money around the world unnoticed.

So that's your answer? criminals? A network that is useful only to criminals will get isolated. the on-ramps and off-ramps are vulnerable.  I'm an anarcho-capitalist, so I could give a fuck if bitcoin is used to buy drugs or launder money, but I also have to live in the real world where the State takes a dim view of such things and has the means to discourage them. There is safety in numbers and a small network makes the users more of a target than a large one with lots of "legitimate" clients. Ever think about that?
brg444

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 03:24:14 AM

Cheesy

There will be a gang of persons willing to pay  5$, 10$, hell 50$ for true monetary sovereignty.

So that's your answer? criminals? A network that is useful only to criminals will get isolated. the on-ramps and off-ramps are vulnerable.  I'm an anarcho-capitalist, so I could give a fuck if bitcoin is used to buy drugs or launder money, but I also have to live in the real world where the State takes a dim view of such things and has the means to discourage them. There is safety in numbers and a small network makes the users more of a target than a large one with lots of "legitimate" clients. Ever think about that?

Criminals ?

Sure if that's your word for individuals interested in keeping their wealth of out of touch from nation states and their bullies we can call them that.

Let me guess, your idea of "legitimate" clients is the typical pay check to pay check person interested in shopping with BTC at their local supermarket?

This strength in numbers mentra is so incredibly broken you have no idea.. In the real world, small networks of wealthy people are typically the most able at defeating oppression from ill-intended entities.

Bitcoin will grow stronger by attracting large amounts of capitals, not "moar users". For the millionth time, it is a value network, not Facebook.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 03:31:38 AM

brg444

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 03:34:10 AM

Aren't you busy building the next global payment system over at bitco.in?

I can't wait for Bitcoin Unlimited  Grin
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 03:37:04 AM

Cheesy

So that's your answer? criminals? A network that is useful only to criminals will get isolated. the on-ramps and off-ramps are vulnerable.  I'm an anarcho-capitalist, so I could give a fuck if bitcoin is used to buy drugs or launder money, but I also have to live in the real world where the State takes a dim view of such things and has the means to discourage them. There is safety in numbers and a small network makes the users more of a target than a large one with lots of "legitimate" clients. Ever think about that?

Criminals ?

Sure if that's your word for individuals interested in keeping their wealth of out of touch from nation states and their bullies we can call them that.

Let me guess, your idea of "legitimate" clients is the typical pay check to pay check person interested in shopping with BTC at their local supermarket?

It's not MY idea of "legitimate" that is relevant. That's why I used quote marks. You didn't really respond to my argument. I had the same problem with the Seasteaders.  a successful floating anarchotopia would not withstand a  Mark 48 torpedo after the media reported that some floating prostitutes, druggies and gamblers were laundering money for terrorists. You can't beat these assholes playing by their rules. You need human shields. You need the damn Walmart shoppers.
brg444

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 03:39:19 AM

Cheesy

Criminals ?

It's not MY idea of "legitimate" that is relevant. That's why I used quote marks. You didn't really respond to my argument. I had the same problem with the Seasteaders.  a successful floating anarchotopia would not withstand a  Mark 48 torpedo after the media reported that some floating prostitutes, druggies and gamblers were laundering money for terrorists. You can't beat these assholes playing by their rules. You need human shields. You need the damn Walmart shoppers.

International banks are laundering money for terrorists & drug dealers gimme a fucking break.

The same banks are now refusing large cash deposits. When shit hits the fan where do you think this money will inevitably trickle into?

http://www.wsj.com/articles/big-banks-to-americas-companies-we-dont-want-your-cash-1445161083

“At some point you wonder whether there will be a shortage of financial institutions willing to take on these balances,” said Kelli Moll, head of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP’s hedge-fund practice in New York, saying that where to hold cash has become an increasing topic of conversation as hedge funds are shown the door by longtime banking counterparties.

Where else but Bitcoin?
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 03:40:28 AM

Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 03:43:18 AM

-snip
There will be a gang of persons willing to pay  5$, 10$, hell 50$ for complete monetary sovereignty.

With a market cap supported by hundreds of people lining up to buy popescu pesos... 1MB blocks will be plenty, believe me.
brg444

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 03:46:58 AM

-snip

With a market cap supported by hundreds of people lining up to buy popescu pesos... 1MB blocks will be plenty, believe me.

The socialist rich-shaming reeks through your posts.

I'd rather we have 100x more Popescus buy into Bitcoin than a million more "community" retards like you. I learned that from Warren Buffet  Smiley

http://www.contravex.com/2014/03/13/on-making-bitcoin-accessible-or-not/
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 03:48:47 AM

As the target market will eventually consist of just him he will eliminate all technical issues and electricity costs with the MindChain, as long he remembers to write down his transactions to himself in his little notepad.
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 03:51:11 AM

I'm pretty far from a socialist and a "rich-shamer". I see this as more of a pragmatic question. The number of transactions needs to be allowed to grow now, while the block subsidy is comparatively huge, vs later, when another implementation has eaten our first mover lunch.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 03:51:23 AM

Cheesy

Criminals ?

It's not MY idea of "legitimate" that is relevant. That's why I used quote marks. You didn't really respond to my argument. I had the same problem with the Seasteaders.  a successful floating anarchotopia would not withstand a  Mark 48 torpedo after the media reported that some floating prostitutes, druggies and gamblers were laundering money for terrorists. You can't beat these assholes playing by their rules. You need human shields. You need the damn Walmart shoppers.

International banks are laundering money for terrorists & drug dealers gimme a fucking break.

The same banks are now refusing large cash deposits. When shit hits the fan where do you think this money will inevitably trickle into?

http://www.wsj.com/articles/big-banks-to-americas-companies-we-dont-want-your-cash-1445161083

“At some point you wonder whether there will be a shortage of financial institutions willing to take on these balances,” said Kelli Moll, head of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP’s hedge-fund practice in New York, saying that where to hold cash has become an increasing topic of conversation as hedge funds are shown the door by longtime banking counterparties.

Where else but Bitcoin?

Dash? Monero? (less traceable) Bitshares? (much much larger transaction capacity, built in smart contracts, etc) Should I go on?  Network effect didn't save MySpace.
Pages: « 1 ... 13413 13414 13415 13416 13417 13418 13419 13420 13421 13422 13423 13424 13425 13426 13427 13428 13429 13430 13431 13432 13433 13434 13435 13436 13437 13438 13439 13440 13441 13442 13443 13444 13445 13446 13447 13448 13449 13450 13451 13452 13453 13454 13455 13456 13457 13458 13459 13460 13461 13462 [13463] 13464 13465 13466 13467 13468 13469 13470 13471 13472 13473 13474 13475 13476 13477 13478 13479 13480 13481 13482 13483 13484 13485 13486 13487 13488 13489 13490 13491 13492 13493 13494 13495 13496 13497 13498 13499 13500 13501 13502 13503 13504 13505 13506 13507 13508 13509 13510 13511 13512 13513 ... 33336 »
  Print  

Jump to: