June 26, 2024, 07:54:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 17461 17462 17463 17464 17465 17466 17467 17468 17469 17470 17471 17472 17473 17474 17475 17476 17477 17478 17479 17480 17481 17482 17483 17484 17485 17486 17487 17488 17489 17490 17491 17492 17493 17494 17495 17496 17497 17498 17499 17500 17501 17502 17503 17504 17505 17506 17507 17508 17509 17510 [17511] 17512 17513 17514 17515 17516 17517 17518 17519 17520 17521 17522 17523 17524 17525 17526 17527 17528 17529 17530 17531 17532 17533 17534 17535 17536 17537 17538 17539 17540 17541 17542 17543 17544 17545 17546 17547 17548 17549 17550 17551 17552 17553 17554 17555 17556 17557 17558 17559 17560 17561 ... 33485 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26407259 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:57:53 AM

....one thing I know -  is that the looks on peoples faces,people that you have spoken to about Bitcoin for years, that are sceptical or on the sidelines - the look on all of their faces when you explain Bitcoin and the Bitcoin Fork Bitcoin Cash is pretty much conclusive... and it is a look that says  "glad I am not involved with that shit"

No matter how you dice it- its a shitshow.

One I would much rather had been resolved in another way  Angry
Then you show them the price chart and suddenly they experience very different emotions.

Look people, it's done. Get over it and focus on the future. This is becoming increasingly nauseating.

...dealing with the present at the moment

Looks to me that we are in the middle  of something
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:58:07 AM

Can't trust anyone now. The bitcoin faithful hold free bcc. As far as I'm concerned everyone is full of shit.
Well, not everyone. Not you.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:01:02 AM

....one thing I know -  is that the looks on peoples faces,people that you have spoken to about Bitcoin for years, that are sceptical or on the sidelines - the look on all of their faces when you explain Bitcoin and the Bitcoin Fork Bitcoin Cash is pretty much conclusive... and it is a look that says  "glad I am not involved with that shit"

What better way is there of deciding the path forward for a decentralized cryptocurrency than the market?  Perhaps you would prefer some sort of cabal dictating the right answer to the market?
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:02:06 AM

Can't trust anyone now. The bitcoin faithful hold free bcc. As far as I'm concerned everyone is full of shit.

How many free bcc do you hold? let me guess, you dumped them already and gave the profits to the homeless...
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:07:01 AM

They were forced on us.  Roll Eyes
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:12:27 AM

How many free bcc do you hold? let me guess, you dumped them already and gave the profits to the homeless...
Could you perhaps explain how that is in any way relevant?
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:13:35 AM

What better way is there of deciding the path forward for a decentralized cryptocurrency than the market?  Perhaps you would prefer some sort of cabal dictating the right answer to the market?
And indeed, this has always been the plan. It worked exactly how it was intended to work.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 4386

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:16:43 AM

Then you show them the price chart and suddenly they experience very different emotions.

yeah...no

their eyes glaze over, this is the worst thing that ever happened for adoption...amateur hour

it is profoundly embarrassing that, apparently, our species is not yet equipped for self governance
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:18:27 AM

One I would much rather had been resolved in another way  Angry

What better way is there of deciding the path forward for a decentralized cryptocurrency than the market?  Perhaps you would prefer some sort of cabal dictating the right answer to the market?

Don't get me wrong- the free market is the way to it will be decided...100%  and so it should be

I just wish it could have been resolved another way- a way that did not involve playing chicken with $60 billion dollars on a global stage.

I do get how we got here...

I just dont want to see this:

Marketcap
1) Bitcoin                                                            $0
2) Bitcoin Cash                                                    $0
3) Bitcoin Segwit x2                                             $0
4) Bitcoin Blockstream Satellite only                      $0
5) Bitcoin What another one?                                $0
6) Bitcoin This is getting silly now                          $0
7) Bitcoin Really?                                                 $0
Cool Bitcoin Trash                                                   $0
9) BitcoinKil me                                                   $0

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:19:38 AM

yeah...no

their eyes glaze over, this is the worst thing that ever happened for adoption...amateur hour

it is profoundly embarrassing that, apparently, our species is not yet equipped for self governance
No? I suggested my uncle get some coins when the price was in the 400s. He declined. Told him about recent developments and his refreshingly mature reaction was to congratulate me.

Anyway. Do you disagree that the decision mechanism worked as intended?
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:25:44 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2017, 02:44:44 AM by empowering

yeah...no

No? I suggested my uncle get some coins when the price was in the 400s. He declined. Told him about recent developments and his refreshingly mature reaction was to congratulate me.

The decision mechanism thus far seems to have simply be to call two things Bitcoin - albeit with the word "cash" at the end of one... and both claiming to be Bitcoin and the majority of end users are sat on both going "well I don't know- guess I will keep both)

... an my poor grandmother doesn't know which one to buy

The ultimate attack - Bitcoin Cash should have just left the word "Cash" off and gone the whole hog and just called themselves Bitcoin- really fuck with people to make them totally cool with throwing a few more tens of billions into the market

It ain't been ideal.

Mechanism worked- people = shiddy as usual

Once again I know how we got here...

Just meh

Cant  wait for BTC to move past all this personally.

Not celebrating free money - would rather people were on the same page.

Not saying there was another way around it....

Just wish there had been.

Onwards nevertheless
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:28:27 AM

yeah...no

The decision mechanism thus far seems to have simply be to call two things Bitcoin - all be it with the word "cash" at the end of one... and both claiming to be Bitcoin and the majority of end users are sat on both going "well I don't know- guess I will keep both)

You know, litecoin is really just coin with lite in front instead of bit. Kind of confusing. And grandmothers in general should not be messing with this stuff, certainly not unassisted.

In the end, what matters is what the wallets accept. Endusers have not been otherwise affected, other than having been given extra coins (whether they know this or not).

Sour grapes is not an argument. It is the petulant whine of a small child. And it is getting old you guys.

Park the emotions at the door, and if so inclined explain why the result was a bad one. Nothing wrong with that. But the time for arguments is past and the decision is fucking done.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:28:36 AM

WHat percentage of BCH do you guys have in relation to the fork moment? ie: 0%, 50%, 110%....

0%.  Dumped them all at once at the first opportunity.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:34:37 AM

Many Bitcoin cash "HODLers" simply haven't bothered figuring out how to safely claim their Bitcoin Cash to dump. To safely do it, you need to sweep all your BTC to a different address and then import the old private keys into one of the Bitcoin Cash Wallets. Trezor made it easy for me. I just had the Trezor sweep the Bitcoin Cash to an exchange so that I could dump. (I hope my BTC keys didn't become compromised in the process.) Probably, the biggest Bitcoin Cash holder right now is Satohsi. I doubt Satoshi will even bother going through the claiming process. That would cause quite a stir if people saw those addresses suddenly being swept to new addresses.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:35:13 AM

WHat percentage of BCH do you guys have in relation to the fork moment? ie: 0%, 50%, 110%....

0%.  Dumped them all at once at the first opportunity.

At which rate if I may ask?
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:37:02 AM

Many Bitcoin cash "HODLers" simply haven't bothered figuring out how to safely claim their Bitcoin Cash to dump. To safely do it, you need to sweep all your BTC to a different address and then import the old private keys into one of the Bitcoin Cash Wallets. Trezor made it easy for me. I just had the Trezor sweep the Bitcoin Cash to an exchange so that I could dump. Probably, the biggest Bitcoin Cash holder right now is Satohsi. I doubt Satoshi will even bother going through the claiming process. That would cause quite a stir if people saw those addresses suddenly being swept to new addresses.
I suspect that Satoshi is like Big Brother. An ideal, not an actual person. If he ever does make a move, it will likely be well into the future when bitcoin is as integrated into the world culture as the internet.

And yeah, fucking lazy. Busy in Thailand right now (where I would have been in any case), will worry about it sometime after I get back home.
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:40:42 AM

yeah...no

The decision mechanism thus far seems to have simply be to call two things Bitcoin - all be it with the word "cash" at the end of one... and both claiming to be Bitcoin and the majority of end users are sat on both going "well I don't know- guess I will keep both)

You know, litecoin is really just coin with lite in front instead of bit. Kind of confusing. And grandmothers in general should not be messing with this stuff, certainly not unassisted.

In the end, what matters is what the wallets accept. Endusers have not been otherwise affected, other than having been given extra coins (whether they know this or not).

Sour grapes is not an argument. It is the petulant whine of a small child. And it is getting old you guys.

Park the emotions at the door, and if so inclined explain why the result was a bad one. Nothing wrong with that. But the time for arguments is past and the decision is fucking done.

Sour grapes?  ya got me confused  I am not sour about anything buddy- why would I be?

I am not actually emotional about it at all- no need to get personal

I am having a bit of a laugh.. much like everyone else that witnessed the fork situation I am afraid (and that was my only point - that to the world at large the fork situation ..... it ain't pretty - do you disagree?

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:42:18 AM

yeah...no

Sour grapes?  ya got me confused  I am not sour about anything buddy- why would I be?

I am not actually emotional about it at all- no need to get personal

I am having a bit of a laugh.. much like everyone else that witnessed the fork situation I am afraid (and that was my only point - that to the world at large the fork situation ..... it ain't pretty - do you disagree?
There have been hundreds of not pretty things over the years. Doesn't matter. Price matters in the long run and little else. Just how humans work.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:46:30 AM

Many Bitcoin cash "HODLers" simply haven't bothered figuring out how to safely claim their Bitcoin Cash to dump. To safely do it, you need to sweep all your BTC to a different address and then import the old private keys into one of the Bitcoin Cash Wallets. Trezor made it easy for me. I just had the Trezor sweep the Bitcoin Cash to an exchange so that I could dump. Probably, the biggest Bitcoin Cash holder right now is Satohsi. I doubt Satoshi will even bother going through the claiming process. That would cause quite a stir if people saw those addresses suddenly being swept to new addresses.
I suspect that Satoshi is like Big Brother. An ideal, not an actual person. If he ever does make a move, it will likely be well into the future when bitcoin is as integrated into the world culture as the internet.

And yeah, fucking lazy. Busy in Thailand right now (where I would have been in any case), will worry about it sometime after I get back home.

I would guess that if satoshi:

- Is an individual
- Still alive
- Still have control of his huge BTC stash or, at least, a significant part of it.
- Not already rich enough -he may have keep mining covertly after the first few years-

Then he should wait until the big funds enter the Bitcoin scene so that he can sell his stash to one of those or partner with to create a new one. Doing otherwise would be very traumatic for Bitcoin.
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:49:07 AM

There have been hundreds of not pretty things over the years. Doesn't matter. Price matters in the long run and little else. Just how humans work.

..so you do agree then, It was not pretty- and it is not over yet, and not to  mention that the next one probably even less pretty.

Yes exactly price matters- and so does perception and ..........trust.

See what happens to the price, if the perception of the trust in cryptocurrency goes down the pan.

Hence my original point.

(I just want us to move past the scaling issue- it would be really great for it to be in the rear view)
Pages: « 1 ... 17461 17462 17463 17464 17465 17466 17467 17468 17469 17470 17471 17472 17473 17474 17475 17476 17477 17478 17479 17480 17481 17482 17483 17484 17485 17486 17487 17488 17489 17490 17491 17492 17493 17494 17495 17496 17497 17498 17499 17500 17501 17502 17503 17504 17505 17506 17507 17508 17509 17510 [17511] 17512 17513 17514 17515 17516 17517 17518 17519 17520 17521 17522 17523 17524 17525 17526 17527 17528 17529 17530 17531 17532 17533 17534 17535 17536 17537 17538 17539 17540 17541 17542 17543 17544 17545 17546 17547 17548 17549 17550 17551 17552 17553 17554 17555 17556 17557 17558 17559 17560 17561 ... 33485 »
  Print  

Jump to: