June 19, 2024, 03:07:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 17618 17619 17620 17621 17622 17623 17624 17625 17626 17627 17628 17629 17630 17631 17632 17633 17634 17635 17636 17637 17638 17639 17640 17641 17642 17643 17644 17645 17646 17647 17648 17649 17650 17651 17652 17653 17654 17655 17656 17657 17658 17659 17660 17661 17662 17663 17664 17665 17666 17667 [17668] 17669 17670 17671 17672 17673 17674 17675 17676 17677 17678 17679 17680 17681 17682 17683 17684 17685 17686 17687 17688 17689 17690 17691 17692 17693 17694 17695 17696 17697 17698 17699 17700 17701 17702 17703 17704 17705 17706 17707 17708 17709 17710 17711 17712 17713 17714 17715 17716 17717 17718 ... 33459 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26402940 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 06:09:01 AM

and now you decide what is the "vision" bitcoin and consequently the topic of this thread? You are a little dictator
If I can not remember, who defined the "vision" bitcoin was Satoshi; and you, me, and everyone in this forum are here for the same reason.

Is not that the idea of a forum? discuss and exchange different opinions freely, in our case on the future of bitcoin and what we think is better in the short, medium and long term? You can not argue with people who think the same as you, let alone build knowledge.
It is for this reason that many call this place a "small echo chamber", for trolls like you.

Quite frankly, I think many here are just getting sick of the big blockers attempting every way possible to push their idea through even though they have never had the majority of the community backing them, much less anything close to a consensus. I personally believe that many of the bitcoin oligarchs who agreed to segwit2x just wanted to push the segwit through and thought the 2x was a small concession. We will see on reckoning day just how many pools actually move forward, and attempt to actually fork. I think the big blockers are going to be sorely disappointed. Then we will have to read the endless ranting. No wonder many of the veteran users here just opt to ignore. There is only so much preaching from the soap box that one can patiently sift through and tolerate.  Cheesy
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 06:27:04 AM

In other news

A Tokyo-listed company is spending over $300 million to get into bitcoin mining
https://qz.com/1071926/japans-gmo-internet-group-plans-a-300-million-investment-in-bitcoin-mining/

GMO plans to develop its own mining chips, claiming they will operate at an unprecedented degree of efficiency. If GMO successfully introduces the chips, it would trigger an arms race within the bitcoin mining industry. The proposed chips will use 7 nanometer nodes, which would be four times more energy efficient than the current industry standard 16 nm nodes.

bold claims given that Intel can't even deliver 10nm

https://semiaccurate.com/2017/09/06/intel-foundry-customer-bails/

we really need mining ASICs to become commodity items, re-democratizing mining

Not so bold if you start with $300 million and given these claims you'll receive another double. Wink
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 06:28:02 AM

^ Jbreher is one of those ... they think we pay $6-$8 per tx lol.

No, my claim is that fees are ~1000x more on a Bitcoin Segwit transaction as compared to a Bitcoin Cash transaction. Which you would realize, were it not for your overwhelming desire to castigate all who disagree with you, rather than absorb what it is that we type. For. it is all upthread in black and white. Or in monochrome green for all you old schoolers.

But it is so much easier to straw man your way through life, innit?

News flash asshole: No one gives a shit. No one cares. No one gives a shit about XT, BU, Bitcoin Cash, 2X, or any other future fork that you trolls can cook up. Your forked shitcoins will never go anywhere, they are not supported by merchants. They are not supported by the economic majority of users. You can't buy anything with that shit. All you can do is trade it back and forth to yourself. Have fun with that.

Not to mention, that SegWit and Lightning Network are absolutely going to DESTROY all your silly arguments about transactions fees. As if you were actually trying to buy something with Bitcoin Cash anyway. Oh that's right I forgot, you can't.  Roll Eyes

GIVE IT UP DUDE. NO ONE GIVES A SHIT. QUIT WASTING OUR TIME. STOP EMBARRASSING YOURSELF. PLEASE GO AWAY.

Back to /ignore

Are they not supported economically?
Please answer me what does this mean?

95% of the power of the hash is pointing to segwit2x
Source: https://coin.dance/blocks

46 companies in the bitcoin ecosystem, including some of the most relevant, have indicated their support for segwit2x:
AirBitz   
Armory
Electrum
Exodus   
Gemini   
Lamassu   
Ledger   
1Hash   
Abra   
AntPool   
Bcoin   
BitClub   
Bitcoin.com (Saint Bitts LLC)   
Bitfury   
Bitmain   
BitmainWarranty   
Bitpay   
BitPesa   
Bitso   
Blockchain Luxembourg S.A.   
Bloq   
Breadwallet   
BTC.com   
btc.top   
BTCC   
BTCPOP   
Bustabit   
BW   
BX.in.th   
Canoe   
Coinbase   
Coins.ph   
Digital Currency Group   
HitBTC   
Magnr   
OB1   
OKCoin   
Prohashing   
PTYcoin   
Purse   
ripio   
SFOX   
Shapeshift.io   
Vaultoro   
ViaBTC   
Xapo
Source: https://coin.dance/poli

PD: continue ignoring anyone who disagrees with you, and soon you will not have anyone to talk to  Cry

Charlie Lee (SatoshiLite)  - a clear No 2X supporter AND his fanboys voted more than 50% FOR the 2x ...

So we see too much FUD in the forums - relax and see the 2nd step of the compromise in the making

https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/904565466667958273

Sure Twitter vote results are mostly rubbish, but given his followers + bias this is more than funny.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 06:52:55 AM

Quite frankly, I think many here are just getting sick of the big blockers attempting every way possible to push their idea through

Well, no. We already pushed it through. On 2017 Aug 01.

And while it did not immediately live up to our expectations, after the initial fall, things have been looking increasingly cheerful. Ever upward.

In the meantime, when someone lies about our development processes, I will challenge.

When someone lies about our benefits, I will challenge.

Mostly, when someone lies about our motives, I will challenge.

If you think that injecting some truth into the discussion is tiresome, I really don't know how to respond to that. My Colorado neighbor.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 06:58:25 AM

A Tokyo-listed company is spending over $300 million to get into bitcoin mining
https://qz.com/1071926/japans-gmo-internet-group-plans-a-300-million-investment-in-bitcoin-mining/
It is seriously time to get rid of Jihan & co.

46 companies in the bitcoin ecosystem, including some of the most relevant, have indicated their support for segwit2x:
Which represents, according to other metrics, less than 5% of the userbase consensus. Keep drinking the kool-aid and centralize your own altcoin if you want. I'll stay with the real Bitcoin. You know, the one that isn't controlled by corporations? Kiss

Bitcoin, coming up next 🚀 SegWit effect 🚀 Lightning in action 🚀 Free S2X tokens 🚀 Schnorr 🚀 MAST 🚀 ETF approval🚀 More users 🚀 ...
It should probably not say Schnorr but rather signature aggregation, but I'll go with it. Cheesy Post: https://twitter.com/benvh/status/905805434552012802.

Meanwhile, honeybadger does not care about their upcoming attack on the Bitcoin network. Up we go.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10415

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:01:00 AM

News flash asshole: GIVE IT UP. NO ONE GIVES A SHIT. PLEASE GO AWAY.

Back to /ignore

Awww.... Now you've hurt my feelings. Jeepers.

Yes I realize that there is a significant subgroup herein, for which the truth is irrelevant. News flash asshole: those ain't the people to whom I am speaking.

Jbreher:

You seem to be devolving into a nearly constant altcoin pumper who is attempting to act like the various alt coins are actually bitcoin.  Seems like you are the one who no longer fits in this thread, rather than trying to suggest that your ideas are reflective of the true vision of bitcoin or the current rule sets of bitcoin...

in other words, you are trolling bitcoin rather than being representative of the current bitcoin direction, which includes segwit and small blocks..   which you fail and refuse to concede such actual facts.

and now you decide what is the "vision" bitcoin and consequently the topic of this thread?

Bullshit.  I have not decided the vision of bitcoin.  I have merely referred to what is going on with various bigblocker nutjobs that come into the thread and they want to talk about some stupid ass alt coin and to pump it or they want to pump the big blocker agenda, which has largely been attack on bitcoin since mid 2015 starting with XT, then classic then emergent consensus and then segwit2x - and variations on those dumb themes that are largely attempting to undermine the governance of bitcoin  - however they poise the issues as if there are technical problems in bitcoin and suggest that bitcoin is broken and suggest that bitcoin needs to increase its blockchain.. blah blah blah...

Yes, repeated themes.  I am not dictating the thread because the thread has always been about bitcoin, and there have have been frequent trolls coming in here to down talk bitcoin and to change the topic and to pump their other coins, including recent pumping of the various nonsenses of Bcash and segwit2x

You are a little dictator

Should I even ask about your mischaracterization?  Probably not because it seems both inaccurate and off topic.  I have little to no power, except possibly the power of persuasion, which frequently is not the greatest, either.  hahahaha  Roll Eyes

If I can not remember, who defined the "vision" bitcoin was Satoshi; and you, me, and everyone in this forum are here for the same reason.

What the fuck?  You trying to describe some false sense of unity? 

The bitcoin community is diverse and people come to bitcoin for a variety of reasons, and some have been involved longer than others, and frequently people are free to express their opinions, including some of the nonsense and off topic bullshit of your responsive post, here.

Is not that the idea of a forum? discuss and exchange different opinions freely, in our case on the future of bitcoin and what we think is better in the short, medium and long term? You can not argue with people who think the same as you, let alone build knowledge.

O.k... for a second, here, you are starting to make some sense.

You had been jumping in and not making sense, but possibly you are making some sense, just possibly.

So, yeah, sure people can come in to the thread and talk about bitcoin and talk about its price speculation, but sometimes the discussion goes quite far afield into the alt coin pumping territory, and even if those posts are not deleted, that does not mean that they should not be called out for their bullshit.

Jbreher and his posts have been devolving more and more and more, especially just prior to the bcash fork, and there is nothing wrong with pointing out that he is drifiting into being off topic, and perhaps he should take himself and his devolving Bcash, altcoin, and segwit2x pumping theories to other threads or maybe take them to the r/btc reddit threads that ironically still have bitcoin in their name in spite of their thematic pumping of bcash and segwit2x and other alts bullshit.

It is for this reason that many call this place a "small echo chamber", for trolls like you.

Who the fuck you talking about, your r/btc brethren?  I am hardly a fucking troll.  If you think that I am a troll merely because I am arguing that bcash pumpers and segwit2x pumpers are off topic, then you surely have perverted ideas about what is a troll.

By the way, nutjob Gab0, I have been participating substantively in this thread way fucking longer than you, and providing various personal topical perspectives about bitcoin - and sure, once in a while I will respond to various off topic posts or bring up various alt coins in connection with their various possible affects on bitcoin and the bitcoin prices or price movements or attempting to give estimations on possible bitcoin price directions; however, you will be hard-pressed to find me pumping any kind of agenda or misinformation (and especially not on purpose) - except perhaps being somewhat bullish about bitcoin and its future prospects.. so I have consistently been largely an accumulator of bitcoins - even though I reveal various of my btc trading strategies, too.. and frequently respond to various misinformation of trolls rather than perpetuating trolling type themes.... so it may serve you to look up what the fuck is a troll than to attempt to pigeonhole me into your lunacy or fantasy definitions of what is supposedly a troll.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 4386

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:03:14 AM

Sorry jbreher, nothing against you personally, but a lot of bigblockers motives are pretty clear, and I find them unsavory.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:08:07 AM

[edited out]

Charlie Lee (SatoshiLite)  - a clear No 2X supporter AND his fanboys voted more than 50% FOR the 2x ...

So we see too much FUD in the forums - relax and see the 2nd step of the compromise in the making

Sure Twitter vote results are mostly rubbish, but given his followers + bias this is more than funny.

That poll hardly says anything about segwit2x, except that the responders to the poll are divided.. .. and if the ultimate deciders are divided, then likely segwit2x will not go through because in order to go through it is going to need overwhelming consensus rather than some random divided group about some vague topic about what the fuck iit is that they are supposedly supporting, exactly.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:14:44 AM

..., I have been participating substantively in this thread way fucking longer than you, ...

Serious question, JJG - do you think that this entitles you to some sort of special deference?
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 07:21:32 AM

..., I have been participating substantively in this thread way fucking longer than you, ...

Serious question, JJG - do you think that this entitles you to some sort of special deference?

Duh it does... don't you know how cryptocurrency forums work?!  Roll Eyes Kiss
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 07:22:34 AM

WTF I can't post here and have my shitty advertising signature post as well... wtf is Bitcointalk becoming?!?!?!?!?!?!

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:24:09 AM

Seriously, I don't raise such status card too often; however, it should cause me some deference in comparison to the assessment of a newbie troll such as Gab0  - who seems to want to summarize my contributions to the thread as if I am a supposed troll when s/he/ it is hardly even put any stake into the WO history - or shared various personal perspectives or information over an extended period of time.

So, yeah, there is some deference possibly when some of the participants in this thread (Including yours truly) have contributed a lot of personal details and engaged in genuine attempts to share bitcoin information with others (even sharing information with trolls that frequently have questionable motives and questionable contributions - especially when they are relative newbies engaging in nonsubstantive baseless personal attacks.. without hardly providing any of their own material but merely engaging in conclusive and baseless attacks of members who have shared extensive amounts of information).
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 07:26:44 AM

Sorry jbreher, nothing against you personally, but a lot of bigblockers motives are pretty clear, and I find them unsavory.
He's a paid baboon from Ver & co. Don't get bamboozled by those trying to pretend like they're acting in *your* best interest. They got their big block fork that almost nobody wants to use (they barely achieve sub 5% utilization when blocks are frequent).

WTF I can't post here and have my shitty advertising signature post as well... wtf is Bitcointalk becoming?!?!?!?!?!?!
You're slow.

Can we get back to the price talk and get away from the BCH/x2 altcoin shilling? Thanks OP.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:30:31 AM

Seriously, I don't raise such status card too often; however, it should cause me some deference

Dude... get over yourself. This is your first Bitcoin pump, right?

I mean, I salute you for sticking with it through the long winter of 2014 (that lasted years)*, but you have no fucking idea. Go stand in the corner until you've been through _several_ boom/bust cycles.

* no, really - I do

With a dunce hat on, contemplating how stupid your 'deference' pronouncement sounds.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:32:55 AM

He's a paid baboon...

See, there you go again - making accusations which you are unable to support.

I mean, I have my suspicions about who might be paying you, but I don't make up statements of 'supposed fact' about it.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 07:34:46 AM

[edited out]

That poll hardly says anything about segwit2x, except that the responders to the poll are divided.. .. and if the ultimate deciders are divided, then likely segwit2x will not go through because in order to go through it is going to need overwhelming consensus rather than some random divided group about some vague topic about what the fuck iit is that they are supposedly supporting, exactly.

... exactly same as with SW ...  so to unify such a division / split there was this SW2x compromise (first step to get UASF guys into the boat, second  all the rest) - hope you get this some time, but this might be not important here. We should rather concentrate on good discussion behavior  agreed?
x2666

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:44:35 AM

He's a paid baboon from Ver & co. Don't get bamboozled by those trying to pretend like they're acting in *your* best interest. They got their big block fork that almost nobody wants to use (they barely achieve sub 5% utilization when blocks are frequent).

You're slow.

Can we get back to the price talk and get away from the BCH/x2 altcoin shilling? Thanks OP.
As far as altcoin shilling goes, you literally PAY people with an ad campaign to shill your shitcoin. You of all people are in no position to speak morally against such a thing. That's not even what's occurring either, the BCH discussion is spearheaded by individuals who actually believe in the fundamentals of their position. We don't resort to leaving unfounded false accusation on reps, deleting posts, replying with intentionally obfuscating spam posts.

BTC shilling against BCH comes from the fear of the unknown and the inability to grasp the concepts at play. BTC has been hijacked by segwitcoin. Time will prove us right.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:47:12 AM

Seriously, I don't raise such status card too often; however, it should cause me some deference

I mean, I salute you for sticking with it through the long winter of 2014 (that lasted years)*, but you have no fucking idea. Go stand in the corner until you've been through _several_ boom/bust cycles.

* no, really - I do

With a dunce hat on, contemplating how stupid your 'deference' pronouncement sounds.

Stop trying to proclaim some kind of patronizing expertise when it comes to bitcoin exponential growth periods and/or your supposed informed life experiences. 

There is no exact litmus test that qualifies participation; however, you have been proving yourself to be obsessed with bigblock politics and those kinds of thematic distractions, and it almost comes off as you are getting worse.  Are you BJA?  Hahahahahah.. remember what happened to him... he got more and more nutso, and then pretty soon he shorted himself into oblivion.  You possibly may paint yourself into the same corner, especially if you put your money where your mouth is and bet on the fucked up centralized projects of bcash and/or segwit2x and some of those other bigblocker nutjob attacks upon the real bitcoin...

So being in a first exponential growth period does not fucking matter.  Each of us has varying experiences and ways that we can contribute to this WO thread and/or substantive bitcoin discussions.  So this is not about me.. blah blah blah..so stop trying to distract with such off topicness.. You, on the other hand, might be devolving beyond any possible recovery in your ongoing pumping of alts and your ongoing denigrations of the real bitcoin and its already agreed to rule sets (that involves segwit, by the way   Tongue    Tongue  ).
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:49:19 AM

I wouldn't want to add to the state of chaos ... but if the baboon scat-show doesn't calm down a tad I will go there.

i thing gold is going to catch a major bid? where's roach, did he miss his ride?
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:53:11 AM

* no, really - I do

Stop trying to proclaim some kind of patronizing expertise when it comes to bitcoin exponential growth periods and/or your supposed informed life experiences. 

There is no exact litmus test that qualifies participation;

Jeebus. You're like a leaf, shaking in the wind.

Pick a position and _own_ it, ferchrissakes. Your spineless situational adaptation is laid bare... for all to observe.
Pages: « 1 ... 17618 17619 17620 17621 17622 17623 17624 17625 17626 17627 17628 17629 17630 17631 17632 17633 17634 17635 17636 17637 17638 17639 17640 17641 17642 17643 17644 17645 17646 17647 17648 17649 17650 17651 17652 17653 17654 17655 17656 17657 17658 17659 17660 17661 17662 17663 17664 17665 17666 17667 [17668] 17669 17670 17671 17672 17673 17674 17675 17676 17677 17678 17679 17680 17681 17682 17683 17684 17685 17686 17687 17688 17689 17690 17691 17692 17693 17694 17695 17696 17697 17698 17699 17700 17701 17702 17703 17704 17705 17706 17707 17708 17709 17710 17711 17712 17713 17714 17715 17716 17717 17718 ... 33459 »
  Print  

Jump to: