April 27, 2024, 02:25:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 27445 27446 27447 27448 27449 27450 27451 27452 27453 27454 27455 27456 27457 27458 27459 27460 27461 27462 27463 27464 27465 27466 27467 27468 27469 27470 27471 27472 27473 27474 27475 27476 27477 27478 27479 27480 27481 27482 27483 27484 27485 27486 27487 27488 27489 27490 27491 27492 27493 27494 [27495] 27496 27497 27498 27499 27500 27501 27502 27503 27504 27505 27506 27507 27508 27509 27510 27511 27512 27513 27514 27515 27516 27517 27518 27519 27520 27521 27522 27523 27524 27525 27526 27527 27528 27529 27530 27531 27532 27533 27534 27535 27536 27537 27538 27539 27540 27541 27542 27543 27544 27545 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368445 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 03:20:46 PM

Then fuck exchanges and sell via OTC...  Grin

Can be done, requires a good web of trust and the knowledge that you could be scammed at any point with limited recourse.

Currrently bitcoin ATMs seem to work well, but not for "Hey I need a Maybach"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10157

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 03:24:15 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2020, 05:06:28 PM by JayJuanGee

Bitcoin should follow this chart.

Define "should."

Is that more than 50/50 or a higher percentage that you are assigning to such scenario...

I would say such scenario could happen, but I am NOT very convinced that such a scenario would be greater than 50%, and if it happens to be greater than 50%, I still would question whether some suggested scenario that even approaches 60% or 70% would deserve a "should" label.. Is your assigned percentage higher than 70%? or are you merely playing with a 50% +1 type of proposition from your point of view and use of the word, "should"?

Your odds of getting R3ckt seem to be pretty damned high if you were to trade upon your assertion that 30% to 40% corrections are NO LONGER going to be happening in bitcoin.

My condolences in advance.   #nohomo.

Bitcoin should follow this chart.

https://i.imgur.com/M8QU4Qd.jpg

I used to have bear dreams too, but unfortunately those stink bids never got filled.

Plan for both scenario's (up and down). A good trader never has conviction, only a good pair of eyes.

Maybe Wekkel and I can make up?

18500 is looming. if we could close today above 18500 that would be awesome...  Grin

edit: that would be a green weekly candle indeed. a +3k Darth Maul candle just below old ath must have rect so many day- and swing traders.

New term learned: "Darth Maul candle"
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 03:26:56 PM

That horror crash from Romain Grosjean, that accident was the worst i've seen in along time. Shocked

His escape is miraculous, enduring 5-10 sec in flames just amazing that he was able to get out of that car.

Was just about to post this; been watching myself. Fucking amazing he managed to get out of that alive. I've never seen a modern F1 car go up like that. So fucking lucky! His head was between the TecPro barrier and the halo. I have no idea how he survived

https://streamable.com/uzgo2z

Never seen anything like before! Absolutely crazy! Just goes to show how safe those safety cells are and that the halo didn't hinder, and possibly saved his life! I mean, he went THROUGH the barrier!
Questions are gonna be asked... why was the barrier at that angle? Why wasn't there a tire barrier in front of it? How did the fuel cell rupture so badly?
Nuts.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 03:28:19 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

I was looking at late 60's early 70's Firebirds the other day and was surprised at how far the market has slumped. I wish I had the room to grab one but I have enough in storage and had my Vanden Plas stolen from storage in the past. Investing in vehicles for wealth storage is a very rich mans game. I think us huddled masses need to stick to hardware wallets. Smiley

Consider me to be a case point for "Buying car of my dreams" with a couple of BTC at 2.5k. Yes, it was and is super worth it, but price went up since then :-)

Problem with 60's muscle cars is they appealed seriously to Boomers as kids (who could not afford them) and Boomers as adults (who finally had the money/time for them). Now that Boomers are dropping dead a lot, they come up for sale and the Gen X'ers & Millenials really don't have much of a connection to them. Plus they are a maintenance pain in the ass: Replace spark plugs every 10k miles? Adjust carburator floats? Oi.

Times change.
seek3r
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1954

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 03:28:31 PM

It is on its way.. hope my desire comes true soon! Smiley

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 03:34:32 PM

Good morning brothers
Bitcoin always on my mind
Maybe Sunday pump?

Haiku

Full English in bed  Tongue

Interesting, I thought a full English breakfast always had eggs too. No eggs?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4867

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 03:38:16 PM

I was looking at late 60's early 70's Firebirds the other day and was surprised at how far the market has slumped. I wish I had the room to grab one but I have enough in storage and had my Vanden Plas stolen from storage in the past. Investing in vehicles for wealth storage is a very rich mans game. I think us huddled masses need to stick to hardware wallets. Smiley

Consider me to be a case point for "Buying car of my dreams" with a couple of BTC at 2.5k. Yes, it was and is super worth it, but price went up since then :-)

Problem with 60's muscle cars is they appealed seriously to Boomers as kids (who could not afford them) and Boomers as adults (who finally had the money/time for them). Now that Boomers are dropping dead a lot, they come up for sale and the Gen X'ers & Millenials really don't have much of a connection to them. Plus they are a maintenance pain in the ass: Replace spark plugs every 10k miles? Adjust carburator floats? Oi.

Times change.

I hear ya, Lots of kids selling their dads car when they dropped dead to buy a ricer. Lol

I used to have a 71 bird back in the day and have always wanted to get a 69 and it looks like right now is a great time to buy but I just don't enjoy turning wrenches as much as I used to and that was half the fun back then anyway. A few buddies around the car with some beers swapping out the engine in an afternoon was a good time in my book.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 03:59:33 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (4), vapourminer (1), bitebits (1)

Hmmmm could be on to something... slightly he’s going to the BTC side, eventually he will be saying BTC is better than gold and all the rest  Cheesy

He's such a gaslighter with his moronic statements.

I'm 1000% sure that in our world history, Gold and Silver was adopted by the "little guys" as a form of barter/value exchange *way* before institutions and governments co-opted it for themselves.

Not to mention, in any tech startup company, the CEO and the initial employees are the "little guys" that got in first before IPO and got rich as the institutional investors "arrive late" and bought the company shares.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 04:06:41 PM

I used to have a 71 bird back in the day and have always wanted to get a 69 and it looks like right now is a great time to buy but I just don't enjoy turning wrenches as much as I used to and that was half the fun back then anyway. A few buddies around the car with some beers swapping out the engine in an afternoon was a good time in my book.

This is a problem: I was working on checking the belts on my car the other day and getting up and down in the driveway was a bit more annoying than normal. Yes I should build a garage with a lift, but the thought of a trouble free GT3 did cross my mind.

:-)
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4458

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 04:25:59 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1), AlcoHoDL (1), OutOfMemory (1)

Good morn Bitcoinland.
Eighteen grand and forty bucks
(Bitcoinaverage).

More than halfway back
From Thursday's big correction.
Let's make the week green.

This baby bull run
Is barely getting started.
Wait until next year.

Lambos, hookers, blow,
Or freedom from work and care...
Make the most of it.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 04:39:22 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (4)

This is a problem: I was working on checking the belts on my car the other day and getting up and down in the driveway was a bit more annoying than normal. Yes I should build a garage with a lift, but the thought of a trouble free GT3 did cross my mind.

I don't think they have created a trouble free car ever. Tongue

Its not on the agenda, but they do have that built in obsolescence pretty well nailed down.

I guess I'm just old as I don't find any of the newer cars appealing apart from them being new.
I did think of getting a new Shelby Cobra though.

https://www.shelby.com/en-us/Vehicles

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10157

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 04:47:38 PM

That was a short dip, way shorter than I expected in any case.

Considering to buy a car soon as an investment, to keep on the side for the next years. The way things are looking now, it might be possible that I'll be buying it completely with BTC profits.

I have been hodling for 3 years and never-ever cashed. The idea of being able to buy a car with crypto hodlings makes my head spin.

Mind you, we're talking about 1/25th of a Lambo's price, so don't expect jumbo jet prices, but hey, I think it's spectacular anyway.

Generally speaking, cars are not considered as investments, but instead depreciating assets.

Of course, there are a couple of exceptions in terms of collectors cars that may well appreciate more than their purchase price, or cars that are used for utility purposes (such as in a business) to bring in value that would be greater than the expenses of owning such car.  If you are holding the car on the side, as you said, you may well be better off keeping that value in bitcoin.

I am not saying that you should not necessarily consume some of your bitcoin value, but based on current BTC price prediction principles, this does not seem to be a consumption time... and there have been a lot of examples in the past in which some BTC HODLers get so CITTEEEEEEE to take some profits and to consume some products, but then the timing is not really very good. 
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 04:53:59 PM

I don't think they have created a trouble free car ever. Tongue

Its not on the agenda, but they do have that built in obsolescence pretty well nailed down.

I guess I'm just old as I don't find any of the newer cars appealing apart from them being new.
I did think of getting a new Shelby Cobra though.

https://www.shelby.com/en-us/Vehicles

I am into slightly older cars with non-electronic manual drivetrains and relatively simple electronics.. And even slightly older cars with almost no electronics at all..

They break, sure, but I can fix them forever...
Changing spark plugs? Well yeah I run cold copper plugs for performance reasons and check them often anyway..

60s and 70s cars can be restored.. In my opinion these newer vehicles with their miles of wire and 10 computers will not be able to be restored like we do “classic” cars of this age..

I’m just not into the new car tech really.. People brag to me about their dash touchscreens that control everything from their heat to steering feel, and it only makes me recoil in fear of ever having to fix it..

I’m liking the C8 Vette though..

That was a short dip, way shorter than I expected in any case.

Considering to buy a car soon as an investment, to keep on the side for the next years. The way things are looking now, it might be possible that I'll be buying it completely with BTC profits.

I have been hodling for 3 years and never-ever cashed. The idea of being able to buy a car with crypto hodlings makes my head spin.

Mind you, we're talking about 1/25th of a Lambo's price, so don't expect jumbo jet prices, but hey, I think it's spectacular anyway.

Generally speaking, cars are not considered as investments, but instead depreciating assets.

Of course, there are a couple of exceptions in terms of collectors cars that may well appreciate more than their purchase price, or cars that are used for utility purposes (such as in a business) to bring in value that would be greater than the expenses of owning such car.  If you are holding the car on the side, as you said, you may well be better off keeping that value in bitcoin.

I am not saying that you should not necessarily consume some of your bitcoin value, but based on current BTC price prediction principles, this does not seem to be a consumption time... and there have been a lot of examples in the past in which some BTC HODLers get so CITTEEEEEEE to take some profits and to consume some products, but then the timing is not really very good.  

One can do very well to avoid depreciation by buying slightly older high end “special” cars that will hold their value and remain in demand..
Buy nice examples at the bottom of their depreciation..

For example, if you have been driving a Supra for the last 10 years you would probably be in pretty good shape..

I have heard it said that even Lambos can be some of the cheapest cars to own for the simple fact that their price will often go UP while you own them instead of down..
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 05:06:07 PM

I am into slightly older cars with non-electronic manual drivetrains and relatively simple electronics.. And even slightly older cars with almost no electronics at all..

They break, sure, but I can fix them forever...
Changing spark plugs? Well yeah I run cold copper plugs for performance reasons and check them often anyway..

60s and 70s cars can be restored.. In my opinion these newer vehicles with their miles of wire and 10 computers will not be able to be restored like we do “classic” cars of this age..

I’m just not into the new car tech really.. People brag to me about their dash touchscreens that control everything from their heat to steering feel, and it only makes me recoil in fear of ever having to fix it..

I’m liking the C8 Vette though..

I hear ya, and that C8 is a looker!
eddie13
Legendary

BTC or BUST

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 05:15:16 PM

I think the C8 is very cheap for a mid engine car and I know their is plenty of room to build a twin turbo setup in the back of them almost as if they designed it to be done that way..
Put standalone engine management on it and I can also fix that easily and forever..
Convert it to a manual steering rack, tilton pedal box, coil over non-electronic suspension, throw away the abs and any traction control..

Could make a pretty nice cart..
Maybe in 10 years I can buy one, lol..

Crossing my fingers they release a manual trans option for it, or someone designs a good swap..
Yeah the paddle box is probably faster, don’t care..
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 05:23:37 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2020, 06:18:52 PM by Hueristic
Merited by El duderino_ (5)

I think the C8 is very cheap for a mid engine car and I know their is plenty of room to build a twin turbo setup in the back of them almost as if they designed it to be done that way..
Put standalone engine management on it and I can also fix that easily and forever..
Convert it to a manual steering rack, tilton pedal box, coil over non-electronic suspension, throw away the abs and any traction control..

Could make a pretty nice cart..
Maybe in 10 years I can buy one, lol..

Crossing my fingers they release a manual trans option for it, or someone designs a good swap..
Yeah the paddle box is probably faster, don’t care..

I almost picked this one up in 99

But the salesman wouldn't take a few grand off for cash on the barrel (damn thing was 54k or so) so I ended up with an older jag and I am so happy that salesman wouldn't budge!

Not sure what I was thinking at the time. Smiley

I've always wanted this but 180k without a engine/tranny is too high for a toy.
even if i did have that to throw away.

https://www.shelby.com/Vehicles/GT40-Shelby-Edition
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3509

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 05:25:03 PM

I'm worried about my local banks more actually. As a transation of ~$10k USD/EUR raises a huge red flag for almost any bank. Get ready for the questions they're going to ask. Although I have heard that UK banks are somewhat more tolerant (or simply have higher red flag limits?).

10k USD definitely raises flags at banks in the USA. so i actually try to keep withdrawals to exactly 10k or more. i dont want to be accused of trying to slide under that.. forget what the term is (laddering? but that doesnt sound right) but its a red flag thing for sure.

and my bank never blinked an eye at my amounts for years. i did get a call from my banks due diligence dept in the last few months asking what i used coinbase for and if i sent anything from coinbase out of the country (investment and no were the answers).

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 05:34:14 PM

10k USD definitely raises flags at banks in the USA. so i actually try to keep withdrawals to exactly 10k or more. i dont want to be accused of trying to slide under that.. forget what the term is (laddering? but that doesnt sound right) but its a red flag thing for sure.

and my bank never blinked an eye at my amounts for years. i did get a call from my banks due diligence dept in the last few months asking what i used coinbase for and if i sent anything from coinbase out of the country (investment and no were the answers).

I thought you had to goto your bank when they closed your account?

Damn my memory I wonder who that was now.
Bergluft

Activity: 161
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 05:40:18 PM

I'm worried about my local banks more actually. As a transation of ~$10k USD/EUR raises a huge red flag for almost any bank. Get ready for the questions they're going to ask. Although I have heard that UK banks are somewhat more tolerant (or simply have higher red flag limits?).

What sort of questions do you fear? Did we do anything illegal?
eddie13
Legendary

BTC or BUST

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 06:09:09 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (5), Xian01 (1), HairyMaclairy (1), Patel (1)

Pages: « 1 ... 27445 27446 27447 27448 27449 27450 27451 27452 27453 27454 27455 27456 27457 27458 27459 27460 27461 27462 27463 27464 27465 27466 27467 27468 27469 27470 27471 27472 27473 27474 27475 27476 27477 27478 27479 27480 27481 27482 27483 27484 27485 27486 27487 27488 27489 27490 27491 27492 27493 27494 [27495] 27496 27497 27498 27499 27500 27501 27502 27503 27504 27505 27506 27507 27508 27509 27510 27511 27512 27513 27514 27515 27516 27517 27518 27519 27520 27521 27522 27523 27524 27525 27526 27527 27528 27529 27530 27531 27532 27533 27534 27535 27536 27537 27538 27539 27540 27541 27542 27543 27544 27545 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: